Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:54:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox won't pay me my bitcoins!  (Read 36535 times)
galgitron (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:38:08 PM

I ordered an 82 BTC withdrawal 4 days ago and it never arrived.  Those bastards at MtGox have been most uncooperative despite that I was able to show them the blockchain has no record of any 82 BTC transaction to my address.  I have repeatedly asked them for proof of this transfer but they won't (can't?) and still haven't provided me with the transaction ID.  They even insinuated that I had an address that couldn't receive bitcoins!!  Idiots!  So I proved to them it could by sending a small amount of BTC from my MtGox account to the very same address, which showed up in the blockchain immediately.  The 82 BTC withdrawal shows on my MtGox transaction history as being paid so I think they are trusting their own fucked up system more than the truth of the blockchain.  I believe the transaction may have gone to a bad fork and has since been obliterated.  Help desk (an oxymoron) keeps delaying and delaying, which I'm sure is meant to buy time for their phantom transaction to surface.

Does anybody know what is the absolute longest amount of time that seems reasonable to consider a transaction lost?
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:41:54 PM

You should be able to get this resolved via the Blockchain - Mt.Gox are fairly reasonable folks.. unless they have recently changed for the worst.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:11:51 PM

You should be able to get this resolved via the Blockchain - Mt.Gox are fairly reasonable folks.. unless they have recently changed for the worst.
I've been working with them for 4 days and they just won't send me the bitcoins.  I understand they need to figure out what happened, but they're unjustifiably holding my money hostage in the meantime, and they won't give me any indication how long it will be.  Losing my mind!!
frojoe

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:12:32 PM

They are terrible.  Iv been waiting on 1500 since may 15th of the whole dwolla issue. If you look at my post history I have a log of the conversation that I have had with them. To this day they are still working on it and have yet to see any progress.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:17:33 PM

Wow! That truly sucks! My suggestion: don't use Mt.Gox. Of course that does not help those of you who are waiting for your BTC.

Time to dethrone MagicalTux.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:44:49 PM

Anybody know what the longest reasonable amount of time that can transpire before 82 bitcoins will show up in the blockchain?
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:49:36 PM

Is there a withdrawal history page?  Can you post a screenshot?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
coinprize

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Invest NASDAQ in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 05:02:34 PM

Anybody know what the longest reasonable amount of time that can transpire before 82 bitcoins will show up in the blockchain?

There would be a delay sometimes.
But it won't take for days.

You may loss your BTC for some special reasons.  Undecided

galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:21:52 PM

http://galgitron.selfip.org/mtgox.png

It's the fifth transaction (red) on July 29.  You'll see it hasn't gone through: 

http://blockchain.info/address/15McP3sb1svztdC9WUYJjdaaVRRG9L2jaV

OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:25:37 PM

Does anybody know what is the absolute longest amount of time that seems reasonable to consider a transaction lost?

No. More reporting is welcome. But please no insults.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:09:18 PM

No. More reporting is welcome. But please no insults.

Insults??  what the hell are you talking about?? 
d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:32:41 PM

Does it strike anyone else as odd, that Mt.Gox does not list the block chain txid for withdrawals?

That one thing would likely put this whole issue to bed.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:37:42 PM

Recently changed for the worse?  They've had terrible service for a long time now.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:42:01 PM

Does it strike anyone else as odd, that Mt.Gox does not list the block chain txid for withdrawals?

That one thing would likely put this whole issue to bed.

Actually, they do show the Bitcoin transaction ID on the 'withdraw bitcoins' page immediately after you make the withdrawal.  Unfortunately I just assumed that they would keep that information available for me and I didn't bother to record it; big mistake.  So, subsequent to their losing my 82 bitcoins, I made another withdrawal from them, this time noting the Bitcoin transaction ID and then used that ID to find the transaction in the blockchain, and it found it immediately, essentially proving that they didn't send me the first transaction.  When pressed for the Bitcoin transaction ID for the missing 82 bitcoins, they sent me some GD MtGox internal reference number that is meaningless outside of MtGox.
Yuri.

Activity: 236

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:24:41 AM

If it was sent you can find the transaction id by searching for the receiving address

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:53:59 AM

So they don't save the transaction ID on their databases?
That doesn't make any sense.

Can you show us your communications with the support? Thanks.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 01:13:20 PM

It wasn't sent; simple as that really.  82BTC transaction is never going to take 4 days, even with 0 fee.  And at least would show as unconfirmed anyway.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:30:51 PM

latest gox news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0rwSvL0kA
d4n13

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:05:54 PM

It wasn't sent; simple as that really.  82BTC transaction is never going to take 4 days, even with 0 fee.  And at least would show as unconfirmed anyway.
If there was a TXID presented on the confirm screen, I doubt they made it up.  It was probably a malformed transaction and as such never got picked up by any nodes.  Who knows how... Maybe a it was a really big TX but didn't pay fees (thought I doubt that would make it die on the vine).  If you had the TXID you could show them they screwed up and ask them to resend.

So best case:
1) They don't record / track TXIDs.
2) They are ocationally making bad TXIDs but since they don't record them, they never know when this happens.

Worst case:
1) Mt. Gox has a steal_now(seed) routine in their payment processor.  They randomly steal every Nth withdrawal. 

My advice.  If you deal with Mt.Gox.  Print-Screen EVERYTHING.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:12:30 PM

as far as i readed, waiting time to get your withdrawal its abt 3 months, so u're alarming too early
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: