Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:22:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox won't pay me my bitcoins!  (Read 36535 times)
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:28:10 AM

Why am I the only one posting about this if it's true?!

Not so unusual. It affects not all. Most people are quiet. Therefore, please keep us up to date.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:32:34 AM

Not so unusual. It affects not all. Most people are quiet. Therefore, please keep us up to date.
Most people != all of the people that makes a btc withdraw from mtgox on a given day.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:47:24 AM

Most people != all of the people that makes a btc withdraw from mtgox on a given day.

So, what you tring to say? Only galgitron is affected? Gox suppresses his 82 BTC, intentionally? A bit paranoid for my taste. I am 100% sure that galgitron gets his coins from Gox, some day. It is clear that he is pissed because of this thing. I would be too.
galgitron (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:33:30 PM

Here is the latest news from support on my 15 BTC withdraw from 31/07/13

James Support
Welcome to Mt.Gox Live Chat Support
Faraday
When will my bitcoin withdraw be sent? (2013/07/31 09:42:15 Withdraw   15.95585745 BTC)
James Support
Hi
Faraday
Hi James
Faraday
I made a withdraw of bitcoin to my account to the address 1A3UXEJnqg7dZLuJMDf7sGbhinvwQ5H7hH
James Support
Please provide me your username and account #.
Faraday
and it has never been sent
Faraday
Account Number: Faraday
Faraday
User name: Faraday
James Support
Thank you for the information.
James Support
Please wait let me have a check.
Faraday
Thank you.
James Support
Thank you for waiting.
Faraday
No problem.
James Support
It has been already informed to our developer to check on this and I will let you know once it is processed.
Faraday
It there an estimated time that this will take? At it has already been 9 days since requesting the withdraw, I would just like to know how long this would take?
James Support
Please be advised the BTC transaction on whole day has been missing and it has been reported to the developer to check on this. Our developers working on it to track the transaction as soon as possible.
Faraday
Alright, well it is good to know that they are working on it. I don't suppose there is any ETA for how long this will be?
James Support
We can not predict the ETA at this time, I will let you know the status of it once I get update from our developer.
Faraday
Alright, well thanks for the update. and I would really appreciate if you could email me when you have any more news.
James Support
Sure, I will keep you update, you can also contact us back via email.
Faraday
Great, thanks for your help.
Faraday
Have a nice day, James.
James Support
You are welcome.
James Support
Have a nice day!
James Support
Thank you for contacting Mt.Gox chat support. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
James Support has left the room

So according to James a whole day of bitcoin transactions is missing? Why am I the only one posting about this if it's true?! Anyway it seems there is not much I can do other than keep waiting.

Also this was the one time I didn't pay transaction fee. (As I didn't need the BTC immediately, thought it might take 24 hours or something. No idea the transaction would end up lost for a week! Pay transaction fee people!)

I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with the transaction fee.  I've made many withdrawals without paying fees and never had a problem.  You seem to be suffering from the same technical glitch that I suffered from about the same time, and I'm sure many others that aren't privy to this forum are also affected.  Keep after them and they should come around.
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:27:37 PM

Here is the latest news from support on my 15 BTC withdraw from 31/07/13

James Support
Welcome to Mt.Gox Live Chat Support
Faraday
When will my bitcoin withdraw be sent? (2013/07/31 09:42:15 Withdraw   15.95585745 BTC)
James Support
Hi
Faraday
Hi James
Faraday
I made a withdraw of bitcoin to my account to the address 1A3UXEJnqg7dZLuJMDf7sGbhinvwQ5H7hH
James Support
Please provide me your username and account #.
Faraday
and it has never been sent
Faraday
Account Number: Faraday
Faraday
User name: Faraday
James Support
Thank you for the information.
James Support
Please wait let me have a check.
Faraday
Thank you.
James Support
Thank you for waiting.
Faraday
No problem.
James Support
It has been already informed to our developer to check on this and I will let you know once it is processed.
Faraday
It there an estimated time that this will take? At it has already been 9 days since requesting the withdraw, I would just like to know how long this would take?
James Support
Please be advised the BTC transaction on whole day has been missing and it has been reported to the developer to check on this. Our developers working on it to track the transaction as soon as possible.
Faraday
Alright, well it is good to know that they are working on it. I don't suppose there is any ETA for how long this will be?
James Support
We can not predict the ETA at this time, I will let you know the status of it once I get update from our developer.
Faraday
Alright, well thanks for the update. and I would really appreciate if you could email me when you have any more news.
James Support
Sure, I will keep you update, you can also contact us back via email.
Faraday
Great, thanks for your help.
Faraday
Have a nice day, James.
James Support
You are welcome.
James Support
Have a nice day!
James Support
Thank you for contacting Mt.Gox chat support. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
James Support has left the room

So according to James a whole day of bitcoin transactions is missing? Why am I the only one posting about this if it's true?! Anyway it seems there is not much I can do other than keep waiting.

Also this was the one time I didn't pay transaction fee. (As I didn't need the BTC immediately, thought it might take 24 hours or something. No idea the transaction would end up lost for a week! Pay transaction fee people!)

I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with the transaction fee.  I've made many withdrawals without paying fees and never had a problem.  You seem to be suffering from the same technical glitch that I suffered from about the same time, and I'm sure many others that aren't privy to this forum are also affected.  Keep after them and they should come around.

Gox is implementing capital controls on the flow of funds.  They will be exercising more "errors" and "fraud flagging" as the exchange becomes more and more illiquid.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:51:51 PM

Gox is implementing capital controls on the flow of funds.  They will be exercising more "errors" and "fraud flagging" as the exchange becomes more and more illiquid.

I was suspicious of this because it was the first large sum that I tried to transfer and it blew up immediately, even though I could still make small transfers.  If this really is true, I can't understand why they just wouldn't volunteer this reasoning as the cause for this non-payment issue, rather than exercise endless delay tactics that just anger and worry their customers.  I would've completely understood the security measures and I even asked them if this was the reason but they just fed me the 'technical glitch' reason, which just further erodes trust.  To me, it doesn't make much sense to make their customers lose confidence in their technology if they are really just exercising caution.

What is your source for this info?
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:07:20 PM

What I don't understand is why you have to get verified to withdrawal BTC.   Huh

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:12:49 PM

What I don't understand is why you have to get verified to withdrawal BTC.   Huh
anti-money laundering laws I assume.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

Maybe I'm late to the game, but I just discovered https://localbitcoins.com/ !!

Death to Gox...
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:16:31 PM

I don't think so.  Wallet to wallet is simply a transfer, I couldn't see how that would apply with AML. 
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 06:22:27 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 01:33:05 AM by nobbynobbynoob

I don't think so.  Wallet to wallet is simply a transfer, I couldn't see how that would apply with AML.  

Yeah, AML is only supposed to be applicable to fiat.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:07:23 PM

Quote from: galgitron

I don't think so.  Wallet to wallet is simply a transfer, I couldn't see how that would apply with AML.  

US tax laws consider trading bitcoins to be the same as 'bartering', and bartering is still taxable for the fair value cash equivalent.  Person-to-person bartering is not regulated (they expect you to report on your taxes though), but any company that facilitates a bartering exchange has to report all activity, which makes their activity subject to AML.  

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc420.html

Foreign companies and even their governments risk US sanctions for not complying, even if not under US jurisdiction.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:18:07 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 10:08:46 PM by Coinseeker

Quote from: galgitron

US tax laws consider trading bitcoins to be the same as 'bartering', and bartering is still taxable for the fair value cash equivalent.  Person-to-person bartering is not regulated (they expect you to report on your taxes though), but any company that facilitates a bartering exchange has to report all activity, which makes their activity subject to AML.  

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc420.html

Foreign companies and even their governments risk US sanctions for not complying, even if not under US jurisdiction.

This makes sense.  Thanks for the link.  Wasn't aware of the IRS side of things.  It's also true as it relates to FinCEN and if I'd thought about it before I posted that, I already knew this.  (frustration post)  

Gox exchanges virtual currencies for fiat and vice versa, thus they are an MSB by definition.  Although to my knowledge they haven't actually registered in any of the 50 states so, I suppose just registering with FInCEN is just their declaration that they intend to comply.  

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:47:23 PM

i was able to withdrawal ~300 BTC from gox a few days ago.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:36:21 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 12:56:27 AM by galgitron

i was able to withdrawal ~300 BTC from gox a few days ago.
Awesome!  What's your home address?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:33:48 AM

oh did i say 300 i meant 30 Grin
EscrowBTC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:14:11 AM

Many problems with MtGox lately.

What happens to them?
Faraday

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:33:10 AM

Still waiting for 15.9 BTC withdraw from 29th of July.

Any support tickets I create I am told "The problem has already been forwarded to the developers and I will be contacted when they have a response."

Any suggestions as to what I can do from here? Just wait?
Faraday

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:11:19 AM

If anyone was wondering, I finally got my 15 btc withdraw from mtgox. Haven't been contacted yet but funds are in my wallet.
galgitron (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:13:19 PM

If anyone was wondering, I finally got my 15 btc withdraw from mtgox. Haven't been contacted yet but funds are in my wallet.

Alright!  Good for you man...  I think it's important to post failures/successes in this forum so that others can decide for themselves what level of risk they're willing to take with these exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: