Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WINNERS ANNOUNCED! CGB Logo/Brand Design Contest!  (Read 7315 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:08:01 AM

BUMP!!!  Grin
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:50:13 AM

So when will the winners be anounced?
Can´t wait to see the final CGB logo Grin

prepare to be underwhelmed(i've actually seen the logo)

lol you're not kidding.

I can't even see where Cryptasm logo came from in the thread ?

The logos he submitted are nothing like the CG one chosen..  am i missing something ?

don't get me wrong elambert's my friend, but there were 50 other logos i would have used instead of the one he picked. cryptasm's logo is the one in the upper lefthand corenr of the "bar/cigarrette pack" whatever the hell it is

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:06:28 PM

So when will the winners be anounced?
Can´t wait to see the final CGB logo Grin

prepare to be underwhelmed(i've actually seen the logo)

lol you're not kidding.

I can't even see where Cryptasm logo came from in the thread ?

The logos he submitted are nothing like the CG one chosen..  am i missing something ?

don't get me wrong elambert's my friend, but there were 50 other logos i would have used instead of the one he picked. cryptasm's logo is the one in the upper lefthand corenr of the "bar/cigarrette pack" whatever the hell it is

yep! I understood that his is the top left corner but what i am asking is where is it in the thread ?  what page ?

Cryptasm's logo with the crop circle design on the right is where the CB branding logo idea came from. Per our request he edited this image until it made the letters CB.

Not liking the selection per your preference is your right, but please do not be disrespectful to the artists who worked very hard on these. Uncalled for.
r3wt

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:06:59 PM

Updated my first sub logo  Tongue

With largerer, solid colored letters overlapping the circular objects, this one would have gottenmy first place vote. think this would have been an amazing logo. so unique

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:11:24 PM

Updated my first sub logo  Tongue

With largerer, solid colored letters overlapping the circular objects, this one would have gottenmy first place vote. think this would have been an amazing logo. so unique

Yes, this would also have been an excellent choice! Like I said, we could have gone in many different directions and come out with something spectacular!
JoeMattie

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:27:42 PM

In case anyone is interested full resolution version:

BTW, I donated 100 CGB of my winnings to bholzer, as his submission was (in my opinion) the best one.

Bitrated user: AKQuaternion.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:38:56 PM

I must say, the logo is insane!   Cheesy

and the CGB symbol is perfect  Grin Grin

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:42:50 PM

BTW, I donated 100 CGB of my winnings to bholzer, as his submission was (in my opinion) the best one.

Congrats to the 2 of you!  

I didn't think the design choose was the best of the ones you submitted. But i hope it has the desired effect.  The logo itself does blend well, but does not shout out at me.  Cryptasm's other logos were better.

I hope that the logo becomes a well known one in the future!  

all the best and sorry if i offended anyone.

Signature for hire!
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:48:14 PM

Guys, it was announced from the beginning what we were looking for.  We wanted a play on bullion bar.  What Joe Mattie provided was what we thought as a cool combination of cryptography and bullion.  And Cryptasm's logo had the simplicity of bitcoin or a litecoin symbol and yet also possessed modernity.  We combined them and that's our winner.  But in my mind, Cryptasm's logo is THE logo of Cryptogenic Bullion.  Although the bullion bar is an image we'll use a lot in our marketing campaign...

-Merc
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 12:49:59 PM

I must say, the logo is insane!   Cheesy

and the CGB symbol is perfect  Grin Grin
I feel the same way!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
r3wt

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:56:48 PM

I must say, the logo is insane!   Cheesy

and the CGB symbol is perfect  Grin Grin

whilst the logo highlights the artists technical prowess, it is my opinion that it does so at the expense of the aesthetic of the design. the canvas seems cramped with details, so it begs the question to me, will it scale?

With these parameters in mind, i felt that cryptasm's piece was the better choice. its subtle, refined, and unique. exactly what you want out of a logo

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:36:20 PM

I must say, the logo is insane!   Cheesy

and the CGB symbol is perfect  Grin Grin

whilst the logo highlights the artists technical prowess, it is my opinion that it does so at the expense of the aesthetic of the design. the canvas seems cramped with details, so it begs the question to me, will it scale?

With these parameters in mind, i felt that cryptasm's piece was the better choice. its subtle, refined, and unique. exactly what you want out of a logo

r3wt! I think your account has been hacked!!! Lol

Very well put
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:01:27 PM

I actually really like that logo. It seems a bit cheap nothing of the sort was posted in the thread, but I guess they selected their favorite as a base (which one?) and then improved upon it. I just feel like we should have had more visibility on the process.

The 3D cigarette pack bullion rendering was the best bullion option in here and is of high quality. Clearly, the thread stated they were looking for a bullion image...so they had to select one. 3D isn't my preference (unless it's in a video game) but this is what they were looking for and Joe delivered. Clearly a lot of effort was put into this by all.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:13:26 PM

Thanks elambert for paying me Smiley

I think the artwork you chose is amazing - just wouldn't be what I would choose as a logo (that's why I go for simple) - Just one persons opinion, nothing to shout about.

That is in no way a complaint though - I'm really happy I took part, I learned a few things and had fun Smiley - (and was paid Grin)

Well done all, and congrats to the winners Wink

K.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:26:10 PM

Thank you to the CGB team

Congratulations to the winners top work guys

New logo looks great - clean, fresh and original top work.

Thanks again been lots of fun

Grin
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 10:27:41 PM

I think the artwork you chose is amazing - just wouldn't be what I would choose as a logo (that's why I go for simple) - Just one persons opinion, nothing to shout about.

That is in no way a complaint though - I'm really happy I took part, I learned a few things and had fun Smiley - (and was paid Grin)

K.

The logo itself that they chose is pretty clean and simple, really. The full graphic is a bit rowdy, but that isn't the "logo" -- just a graphic they intend to use for promotional purposes.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:34:11 PM

K.

The logo itself that they chose is pretty clean and simple, really. The full graphic is a bit rowdy, but that isn't the "logo" -- just a graphic they intend to use for promotional purposes.

I get that, and think it looks great. Is the logo gonna be the bit in the top left?

It's an awesome stamp to have on a website banner.

K.
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:29:27 AM

Thanks again to all participants!  It was seriously a tough decision to pick a winner. 

Website launched and we're flaunting the winning logo!

http://cryptogenicbullion.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: