Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:09:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless so why high price?  (Read 4657 times)
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

Its the name of crypto coins. So bitcoin will have high price forever.
Its now not useless i started to send funds and making transactions. tx fee is not crazy as few months before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KTPU777

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:25:37 AM

Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.

People buy bitcoin not for payments. They just invest in bitcoin and store their investments in it. For translations, there are many altcoys with fast transactions and an inexpensive commission for the transfer.

CryptoClown

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:31:32 AM

Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.

This was posted more than a month ago and there's already changes with how much is the transaction fees for Bitcoin now. If I am not mistaken it only costs a cent to $2 depending on the amount to be transferred. I remember buying Bitcoin a month ago, I was so shocked to see the price which is almost an investment but I ended up buying it for the sake of the future  Grin
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:08:25 PM

How'd you say it's useless? It's the first cryptocurrency in the world and altcoin will never be invented if there's no bitcoin.
I believe that OP cannot give you any proper explanation for why bitcoin is useless. Only for the people who do not understand the complete system of bitcoin may call it useless. Bitcoin is the first decentralized momentary system which must be very new for all of us. The usefulness of bitcoin will be understood by everyone in coming years after getting familiar with the real applications of bitcoin system.
Yes, the fact is it is too early to call bitcoin is useless. Because we do not have all the required infrastructure to realize the real potential of bitcoin ecosystem. We must give it some more time so that we can find out how useful it will be.

Probably in coming years more people will come with many new ideas to develop those infrastructures so that bitcoin will deliver for what it was really invented.
Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:19:23 PM

I don't think the bitcoin is useless, after the lightning network to improve the shortcoming of the bitcoin, then the value of  the bitcoin is much more than now, because it will be a good pay system, widely used in our real life.

LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:29:34 PM

Bitcoin is a great investment coin. And it seems to me that this is what bitcoin is all about. For the rest of the tasks, there are altcoyins who perfectly cope with this. Bitcoin is digital gold. And he has completely different tasks.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:48:02 PM

Its not useless, it still become good investment. Sure it cant be for daily use you know the fees and slow transaction but still, its bitcoin the father of cryptocurrency.

I agree. I think the post is just to inspire people to show their sides on why they support Bitcoin. I think it's not useless because it has improved the trade and investment market a lot. Many people, companies, and even countries alike have improved themselves, their business and their economies respectively. It has helped many people become more stable financially. It also also improve the business system in a way that it offers more options to people as a currency, and it also gives more options to traders and investors as a medium of investment.

alxarroyoo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:02:36 PM

there is much more btc mined than any other.

plus this is the oldest coin so we should treat him with respect.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:07:43 PM

Maybe in you it is useless, but no matter what happen. Your father is your father. Not only that, even though the transaction fee is high and slow, i dont think it is useless in the online shopping. Also, there are many sites that only bitcoin used. No other coins, because bitcoin is trusted since before. So i don't think it is useless.
Tanzion27

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:23:15 PM

I dont agree with that! Bitcoin is useless?? No! It helps a lot of people! The strongest and well known coin among others! And if you try to ponder it! And compare it with others, i can say that its more better than any of those coins out there. And many people proves it. Thanks

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
SeXy

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:26:02 PM

Because he was first born and firmly ensconced in the mass consciousness. The status of the first is a strong factor
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:31:25 PM

Maybe in you it is useless, but no matter what happen. Your father is your father. Not only that, even though the transaction fee is high and slow, i dont think it is useless in the online shopping. Also, there are many sites that only bitcoin used. No other coins, because bitcoin is trusted since before. So i don't think it is useless.

Bitcoin fees at a very low level right now and it's fast like the wind! Soon some clouds clear and we have lightning, making it even faster. BTC is at its most useful point in history right now.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:27:24 PM

bitcoin is not useless ridiculous fees are already gone now so and transactions get confirmed using cents even bitcoin is very old its still getting updated look at lightning network which can make even transaction fee cheaper bitcoin also gets the most attention than altcoins.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:57:28 PM

its useless cause u invest in bitcoin now, if u have invest in BTC for 3 or 4 years earlier it can be very usefull. now the price of the BTC have rich in high pricee. so, BTC really have slow development in their price.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:19:19 PM

The bitcoin is an analog of gold in the world of non-numerical assets. The main application - long-term investments. Some reasons of popularity: there are no real-life founders, so there is no opportunity to influence them in any manner. Very first cryptocurrency. One of the biggest teams of developers. In development the priority is given to safety therefore the speed of implementation of new functions in a bitcoin blockchain very slow.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:30:52 PM

I wonder if OP is still around with his bitcoins that he couldn't wait to get rid off when the fee became low weeks ago. I wonder even if he would consider zero fee alts, there are quite a few around. Then I'd be extremely curious if he managed to find even one other user who would accept his alt, not to mention if he could find a merchant he could pay the alt to for a service or product.

Otherwise, he would truly have a "useless" crypto on hand.
Thats not true bitcoin is very useful also you cannot use altcoin without bitcoin, because everytime you want to exchange your altcoin its need to convert in bitcoin first. Also bitxoin is expensive because of its popularity and higher demand but its limited supply of it.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:37:43 PM

bitcoin is not useless ridiculous fees are already gone now so and transactions get confirmed using cents even bitcoin is very old its still getting updated look at lightning network which can make even transaction fee cheaper bitcoin also gets the most attention than altcoins.
Yes just because of high fee calling bitcoin is useless is not good and everyone experienced this issue in December but now everything is good and people are happily doing bitcoin transactions with low fee. now they come with lightning network and in future, they will improve a lot so just forget those bad days and collect more bitcoins or else in future you will feel so sad.
Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 06:44:52 PM

Gold is really useless, a soft heavy metal that realistically offers no real uses(except electronics but the quantity used in electronics doesnt justify the pric) and yet it is a hugely expensive commodity... Humans are weird man.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
kingasterisk

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:52:23 PM

If you wan't to buy any coin, and i mean any coin, which coin are going to trade for it? Well what about the percentage of people who are going to do the same thing? I'm not going to risk any number but i would bet it would be quite high.

You can make a possible valid point that it shouldn't be that way, but it is. And that's a huge use case. So saying bitcoin is useless seems like a bit of a stretch.
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:07:29 PM

The future of Bitcoin is pretty much set. Multi-Billionaire investors and whales that control the market know how to manipulate the price of Bitcoin. They can skyrocket its value to Pluto if they so wished, and then plunge it down into the ground. It can reach higher prices like $20k or even $40k but what goes up, can and eventually will go down too. Just be cautious when making investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: