Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:51:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL  (Read 45589 times)
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:32:20 AM

What a bunch of scumbags. Plain and simple.
True, but people keep giving them money and refuse to sue them, so it's their fault too: they fuel them.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:58:32 AM

What a bunch of scumbags. Plain and simple.
True, but people keep giving them money and refuse to sue them, so it's their fault too: they fuel them.

If only companies and this very forum followed some sort of guidelines or code of ethics right? http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-code-of-advertising/

Code:
1. The primary responsibility for truthful and non-deceptive advertising rests with the advertiser. 
Advertisers should be prepared to substantiate any claims or offers made before publication or
broadcast and, upon request, present such substantiation promptly to the advertising medium
or the Better Business Bureau.

2. Advertisements which are untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors,
or insincere offers to sell, shall not be used.

3. An advertisement as a whole may be misleading although every sentence separately considered is literally
true. Misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring a material fact.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
finlof

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:47:39 PM

refund received this week.  see my method here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295187.msg3350757#msg3350757
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 02:51:48 AM

I've been trying to help my friend through this process, and it has hit a problem I haven't seen before. Paypal sided with my friend and said that BFL needed to refund the money. BFL has marked his order as cancelled in their system. Now Paypal tried to get the money back to send to my friend, but there was no money in the account they were drawing on. This is the letter that Paypal sent to my friend.

Hello *** ******,

The refund sent by Sonny Vleisides (office@butterflylabs.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Sonny Vleisides regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------
Refund details:

Amount: $****** USD
Sender: Sonny Vleisides
Sender's email: office@butterflylabs.com
Transaction ID: ********
Transaction date: Oct 11, 2013

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? He kind of feel like this is like issuing a bad check and thinks that there might be some kind of attorney general he could go to.
rpg

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:27:47 AM

contact me via PM if you want a refund from Paypal. No promises as I don't approve refunds but is your best shot
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:00:45 AM

I've been trying to help my friend through this process, and it has hit a problem I haven't seen before. Paypal sided with my friend and said that BFL needed to refund the money. BFL has marked his order as cancelled in their system. Now Paypal tried to get the money back to send to my friend, but there was no money in the account they were drawing on. This is the letter that Paypal sent to my friend.

Hello *** ******,

The refund sent by Sonny Vleisides (office@butterflylabs.com) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Refund details:

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? He kind of feel like this is like issuing a bad check and thinks that there might be some kind of attorney general he could go to.

Either the bank account which gets drawn from for that Paypal account is empty/doesn't have enough fund, or they straight up closed it.

Are we talking Jalapeno money here or multi mini rig?
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

contact me via PM if you want a refund from Paypal. No promises as I don't approve refunds but is your best shot
Huh

what is this?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 01:22:59 PM

Are we talking Jalapeno money here or multi mini rig?

It's under $600.
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:24:50 PM

You are officially now a verb. Smiley and not a bad one at that

He's a verb and Josh is a subject. Or object. Or tool Grin

See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inaba

I just now saw this message. Ah, I laughed Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy. Well done.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 09:43:19 PM

You are officially now a verb. Smiley and not a bad one at that

He's a verb and Josh is a subject. Or object. Or tool Grin

See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inaba

I just now saw this message. Ah, I laughed Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy. Well done.

That one made me laugh so I had to take another pain pil to keep my incision from opening up!

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:04:50 PM

Has anyone successfully sued bfl?  I'm wondering if I can sue locally in small claims or if I have to fly to Kansas?  I paid in bitcoin and they refuse to refund.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:44:03 AM

Has anyone successfully sued bfl?  I'm wondering if I can sue locally in small claims or if I have to fly to Kansas?  I paid in bitcoin and they refuse to refund.
There has been threads, but little interest. Feel free to try again, there maybe more interest now we are well passed the September failure.

I would personally join in, however we need some legal connections in the US which I am not..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

Today I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I took care to explain the appeal well. I could not remember service through which went bitcoin payments (service that is our BTC converted to USD when buying BFL ASIC miners).Does anyone know the name of this service?
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:21:20 PM

Today I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I took care to explain the appeal well. I could not remember service through which went bitcoin payments (service that is our BTC converted to USD when buying BFL ASIC miners).Does anyone know the name of this service?

Bitpay?

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:56:18 PM

All one has to do to stop Paypal refunds from hitting a bank account or credit card is to close the accounts.

Refunds then bounce back to Paypal and Paypal goes from there.

Move the money from one account to another and "POOF!"!

The above information is 100% correct and if you doubt me, check it out on your own!

Fact.

Smiley

Won't that incur massive insufficient fund charges to the account BFL owns?

That is anywhere around 25-45 dollars a transaction depending on the bank, Correct?
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:00:33 PM

Hello *** ******,

Refund details:

Ha this proves it. Does it not? BFL has officially run out of money or ran off with the money.

-speculation
pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:03:33 PM

I live like 30 minutes from BFL, but didn't fall for their scam at any point so no dog in the fight. Don't know if I could help anyone bring legal action against them (small claims?) but would be willing to help.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 04:22:46 AM

Hello *** ******,

Refund details:

Just as an update to this, sometime last week, the account got money in it and my friend was paid. He said that paypal just kept hitting the account (with the subsequent NSF charges, I'm sure) until there was money there.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:35:19 AM

Ouch... that will add up.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 06:40:01 AM

Hello *** ******,

Refund details:

Just as an update to this, sometime last week, the account got money in it and my friend was paid. He said that paypal just kept hitting the account (with the subsequent NSF charges, I'm sure) until there was money there.

Except... none of it ever happened.  Cool story, though, bro!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: