Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign  (Read 1255 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:10:35 PM

I'd like to start a campaign against new launches for just the next 4 days. To that effect i have pm'ed the guys i know who have coin breaking hash power and asked them to kill anything they see if possible. I believe it's time people started putting thought into what they do, and if we cant do it via cooperation.... you will still cooperate. There is nothing wrong with copy paste if it backed, but most are now just premining and abandoning the coin, leaving lots of users stranded.
Walt Sobchak

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

God rest Donnie's soul.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:56:41 PM

If users are left holding worthless bags of nothing, then I'd call it the chance they take. They need to read up on what is best to mine if they are looking purely for profit. And by best I mean stable value wise, not temporary 500% profitability spiked coins.

I understand your frustration, but you are an enemy of the free market with this plan, regardless of the fact that these new coins may be complete garbage.

Smokey, this is not 'nam, this is bowling. There are rules. Do as the dude would wish, and mine some Lebowskis! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260311.0
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:58:48 PM

There needs to be a secret anarchist pool. Unless there's already one and I'm just not aware

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:16:29 PM

There needs to be a secret anarchist pool. Unless there's already one and I'm just not aware

check inbox in an hour.
heatgsm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:23:30 PM

I'd like to start a campaign against new launches for just the next 4 days. To that effect i have pm'ed the guys i know who have coin breaking hash power and asked them to kill anything they see if possible. I believe it's time people started putting thought into what they do, and if we cant do it via cooperation.... you will still cooperate. There is nothing wrong with copy paste if it backed, but most are now just premining and abandoning the coin, leaving lots of users stranded.
   You`re not Ben Shalom Bernanke ...let the market decide its needs and through this the winning currency - whether it`s just pump/dump or go long.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:29:01 PM

You`re not Ben Shalom Bernanke ...let the market decide its needs and through this the winning currency - whether it`s just pump/dump or go long.

Wrong. The problem is that corruption is starting to really taint exchanges now

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:30:42 PM

i wouldn't mind seeing a "don't release any coins" period, that might be what this forum needs Smiley
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:38:43 PM

I think more effective than killing the coins (which i dont support*)
Is a democratic vote poll here which must be stick and done by the alt coin Mod.
Who is for a coin launch paus of 4 weeks, yes or no.
vote for 7 days sticky.

if this forum and the next second largest does this. it will help alot.

Next step would be a coin discussion if what a new coin MUST have to be accepted and gets the right to launch.
Discussiontime at least 1 Month per Coin.

What do you think? :-)

*a minority is forcing the majority... like the central banks.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:42:21 PM

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that a clone coin dev is on this campaign?  Huh And I suppose Noirbits will be untouched during this attack attempt?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:56:08 PM

Is a democratic vote poll here which must be stick and done by the alt coin Mod.
vote for 7 days sticky.

Next step would be a coin discussion if what a new coin MUST have to be accepted and gets the right to launch.

Any action that centralizes crypto in any way, is wrong

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:01:21 PM

vote for 7 days sticky.

Any action that centralizes crypto in any way, is wrong

+1

If the exchanges are getting affected by neglected coins, it is their own fault.

Killing coins is not a good option; the exchanges should be more keen on which coins they add and they should be more proactive in case a coin gets attacked. I'm sure many people realized that FTC was getting attacked way before the coins were dumped, so if any exchanges lost money, they can only blame themselves for not keeping up with current events. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
heatgsm

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:09:35 PM

You don`t get it do you!?
1. In the end the market decides its needs
2. Evolution comes through failure
3. Most of the people are here to make money not experiment cryptos
4. It will be interesting to see some sort of trial to ban the launching of new coins  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:24:03 PM

So apparently the weakest point for all shitcoins is a single exchange?

~BCX~

If a certain exchange was more selective, then people would stop making the garbage just to dump it with no plans for their projects

X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:32:46 AM

My suggestion was democratic not centralized like you implied!.

What happens now is a kind of spam attack. which is bad for all coins.
The winner will be Novacoin .-( . Split and rule...

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
shakezula

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:53:19 AM

So apparently the weakest point for all shitcoins is a single exchange?

~BCX~

No, it's two exchanges.

And wait a sec, is this NO MORE COINS, but keep mining Noirbits and Spots and a few select others or is it NO MORE COINS AT ALL, WE GIVE UP CLOSE THE EXCHANGES? Because really everyone who wants to make/own/have a coin should, the reality is that assigning value to them only makes others want them more. You've all cashed in on your share of these just as I have.

Let the market decide--better yet, here's a call for the exchanges to either add ALL coins (but take them off if they are forked/dead/no blocks moving) or for exchanges to stop adding coins unless they have actual potential and not because they are given "xx" BTC and "xx" **C.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:09:03 AM

they've been trying to take down JPU all night and all day. you see how succesfull they've been. i think that earns me some respect.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:19:06 AM

I've noticed that so many other vendors have begun setting up in the street market. I don't really feel as if their goods compare to existing shops currently operating in the street markets that I favor. I've contacted several high grade "associates" to "take care" for the next four days, any such caravan entering town!

BTC Long.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:22:53 AM

One thing i want to know is, do ArtForz and BCX approve of jCoin?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 09:30:56 AM

Well this should definently happen, start killing own new and some old shitcoins.
What is happening is this: copy/edit a bit DGC(example) source code, name it randomcoin, premine it and wait to dump..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:03:17 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 11:32:37 AM by mmitech

my point of view is, except BTC/LTC/NMC/PPC/, otherwise (this was edited forgot to add this  Smiley )  "wirte your coin name here" is a scam coin, all your coins are copies of LTC and bring no improvement rather than the number of coins and maybe some small other changes that usually make it even shitier coin, and sometimes even kills it, because people are not putting any thoughts in it, leading newbies to loosing their money.

Coblee did a great job inventing LTC and warren with his dev team are doing a great job upgrading and maintaining it, what the other members that they call their self dev are doing ?

it has been a long time since I visited the alt subforum just because whenever I visit I am shocked, this sub forum used to be a good forum for the 3 major altcoins, we used to help each-other and discuss serious matters, look at it now, it is all about announcing a new scamcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: