Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymity, Security and Privacy: Anonymous Cryptocurrency Enhancement Comparsion  (Read 2970 times)
habaratbu

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:59:06 AM

XMR might be in danger if this new coins would make it on the top light,seems xspec is growing fast as ever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:43:17 AM

Thank you OP for creating this comparison. I've been looking for something like this to compare the privacy coins. Komodo seems very interesting.
SafeCoins (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:25:17 AM

But in this list, I didn't find tokenpay, which may be a good contender, but I'm worried about whether the future of anonymous tokens will be suppressed by the government.

Thank you for the tokenpay suggestion, I will add it, I need to learn a little bit more about it...so it claims to have zero knowledge proof (what kind?), has ring signatures, multi-signature transactions, "dual key stealth addresses", some degree of Tor integration, and "SCI"...Secure Communication Integration?  Am I missing anything?

The government both drives the needs for anonymous coins, and threatens them.    It's tricky, because there's many governments involved.   In some cases private or anonymous coins are a necessity, in other cases they have inherent risks.   For the moment, the trend is definitely an increase in privacy features and I suspect this will grow.

Thanks again
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:27:02 AM

Thank you OP for creating this comparison. I've been looking for something like this to compare the privacy coins. Komodo seems very interesting.

Thank you as well, I hope it helps and I'll keep it maintained and as unbiased as I can!

I'll research Komodo a little more.   What features about Komodo interest you the most?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:05:34 PM

But in this list, I didn't find tokenpay, which may be a good contender, but I'm worried about whether the future of anonymous tokens will be suppressed by the government.

Tokenpay has now been added.   Additional updates have also been made to the rest of the matrix.  While far from perfect I would consider it useable with a meaningful amount of time and effort put into it at this point.

Additional feedback/suggestions/constructive criticisms are appreciated!
JoinCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

U forgot Sumokoin
jenifive

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:43:38 PM

Hey guys!

What do you think about XSH?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2234453.2220

jackalyst
Copper Member

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:49:05 PM

Not sure if you want me to reply here or if there's somewhere else I should post this.

QRL
- Quantum Resistance: Yes, at mainnet, XMSS
- Encrypted Messaging: At mainnet, Ephemeral with Dilithium, Kyber (Post Quantum)

Right now QRL is an ERC20 token. However, token migration is happening this month and mainnet is being released next month which will have the above features.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

U forgot Sumokoin

Thank you, I have added it for now, but I will need to learn something more substantial about what makes it unique Privacy-wise, as if I added every Cryptonote/Monero fork the list would be >1000 rows long.  

It has mandatory RingCT, and a minimum of 12 transaction mixins.   Monero's RingCT is mandatory as well now, so I will include it because of the minimum of 12 transaction mixins (please let me know if I'm missing something).

cheers
TSVHoff

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:49:44 PM

Good Thread!

In regards to CloakCoin, i just sent you what should be checked on the spreadsheet. Its on CloakCoin thread, told by the developers themselves.

plus, CloakCoin is since last day, fully OpenSourced, and uses its own tech ENIGMA (it didnt fork from zksnakrs, or other copycats)

Tech people and Devs are digging in the code that was uploaded last day to github and are appearing in Cloak Chat and telegram to be in contact with the team developers.

More info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823143.9780
jackalyst
Copper Member

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:55:48 PM

IOTA
- DAG
- Quantum Resistant with Winternitz OTS+

As an aside, what's the reasoning for having DAG and PoS as security features?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:56:10 PM

SuperCoin has optional privacy settings. It has been established 4 years, and uses its own tech.

https://supercoin.nl/

Worth noting in an exhaustive list.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:57:04 PM

Hey guys!

What do you think about XSH?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2234453.2220

Hello jenifive,

It could be interesting....forgive me if I'm wrong but here's what it appears to be:  

A verge fork for now, with a different roadmap.   Specifically:  Plans for POS, and Quantum Resistance.

Is that a fair assessment?
TSVHoff

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:01:49 PM

I agree that forks shouldn't be on that list...basically they are just copycats coins.

other thing people should stop posting is "Coin X is the only one 100% private" , its annoying.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:13:07 PM

I agree that forks shouldn't be on that list...basically they are just copycats coins.

other thing people should stop posting is "Coin X is the only one 100% private" , its annoying.

I agree.

It's a new list, and I want to be fair, so I'll consider things like community support for a coin (even if it is a fork), but I think it should have Some kind of unique feature, or at Very least a Roadmap that looks like it has a decent chance.  

If I strictly eliminated all forks, there wouldn't be any coins on the list except bitcoin (maybe bytecoin), with very minimal enhancements.   One of the reasons I created the thread is also because many of the other comparisons out there only show certain coins that look inferior to the one declared the "winner".   That's not at all what this is for either.

But...yes...if I included every fork.....it wouldn't even be readable.

teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

AEON, QUAZAR, Boolberry (why did it die???), Dashcoin, Darknetcoin, Fantomcoin, Pebblecoin (why you die??)
Boolberry is far from dead. It was quiet for some time, but there have been burst of development, and since last summer it has really picked up the pace with new exchanges and development roadmaps.

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commits/master
https://stocks.exchange/trade/BBR/BTC
https://cryptochangex.com/markets/bbrbtc

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
TSVHoff

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:37:40 PM

I agree.

It's a new list, and I want to be fair, so I'll consider things like community support for a coin (even if it is a fork), but I think it should have Some kind of unique feature, or at Very least a Roadmap that looks like it has a decent chance.  

If I strictly eliminated all forks, there wouldn't be any coins on the list except bitcoin (maybe bytecoin), with very minimal enhancements.   One of the reasons I created the thread is also because many of the other comparisons out there only show certain coins that look inferior to the one declared the "winner".   That's not at all what this is for either.

But...yes...if I included every fork.....it wouldn't even be readable.

fair enough

please update spreadsheet about cloak when u can
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:55:27 PM

Not sure if you want me to reply here or if there's somewhere else I should post this.

QRL
- Quantum Resistance: Yes, at mainnet, XMSS
- Encrypted Messaging: At mainnet, Ephemeral with Dilithium, Kyber (Post Quantum)

Right now QRL is an ERC20 token. However, token migration is happening this month and mainnet is being released next month which will have the above features.

Thank you, I didn't realize it was still a token.   Really looking forward to some of the truly unique features in this one.  I have added both to the roadmap, although I am forced to note that it does not currently appear to have anonymous transactions in it's roadmap  (the encrypted messaging is great news though).
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:56:54 PM

Good Thread!

In regards to CloakCoin, i just sent you what should be checked on the spreadsheet. Its on CloakCoin thread, told by the developers themselves.

plus, CloakCoin is since last day, fully OpenSourced, and uses its own tech ENIGMA (it didnt fork from zksnakrs, or other copycats)

Tech people and Devs are digging in the code that was uploaded last day to github and are appearing in Cloak Chat and telegram to be in contact with the team developers.

More info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823143.9780

Thank you TSVHoff,

I didn't realize how much effort had recently been put into this, fantastic news.   I've updated the matrix accordingly and thank you very much again for the info.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:59:23 PM

Boolberry is far from dead. It was quiet for some time, but there have been burst of development, and since last summer it has really picked up the pace with new exchanges and development roadmaps.

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commits/master
https://stocks.exchange/trade/BBR/BTC
https://cryptochangex.com/markets/bbrbtc

Thanks teknohog,

That is great news, I've always been a fan of Wild Keccak.   I've added it to the list, although I must note that it would need some kind of unique Privacy or Anomymity features (outside of those forked) or it could eventually have to get pruned off.   As a fan, and recognizing that we have very little in terms of Asic-resistant Anonymous coins,  and given it's the new year, I've added it haha Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: