Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:22:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymity, Security and Privacy: Anonymous Cryptocurrency Enhancement Comparsion  (Read 2973 times)
SafeCoins (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:52:16 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 09:14:02 PM by SafeCoins
Merited by veleten (1)

The following is an updated attempt to assess and evaluate:

1.   Enhancements/Protocols:

a. Anonymous Capabilities / Anonymity
    b. Privacy
    c) Security

2.   The coins that currently implement these features

Every will be made to assume none of these coins are a complete solution (yet).  Not because they're bad, but because a lot of the other comparison threads out there have been polarized toward one coin as the "solution with all the best end to end features".  

I would really appreciate your thoughts and input on this work in progress, so that together, we can make it even more complicated and unreadable.

Anonymous, Privacy, and Security features are clearly all related to one another, yet in my mind are distinct:

Anonymous features ultimately aim for the holding and transacting of a commodity which both requires and releases zero identifying information.
              Buy a pizza.  No receipt, no exchange of information, no record of the pizza or you.
                    There are obvious legal implications to this, causing it to be a "dark" feature.
                          However, this slander assumes that the governing body itself is not "dark", or corrupt.   In many places in the world, Anonymity is a matter of life and death.
                          As such, Anonymity is a double edged sword, aiding both sinister and altruistic efforts.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

Privacy features aim to give ownership of identifying information to individuals/entities who hold or transact a commodity.
              Buy a pizza, there's a record of it but that record is for you (and potentially the pizza shop) only.
                    There is a legal arguement for privacy features.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_law

Security:  If you can hack the thing, you need not worry about Anonymity and Privacy.  Those are out.

Some other attempts at this:  

Full list of anonymous coins
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1025878.0

[DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985039.0

Privacy getting important: Verge or Spectrecoin or DeepOnion??
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2397519.0;all

Which cryptocurrency is most anonymous?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2157374.0

https://zcoin.io/zcoins-privacy-tec

Wondering about this one:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525344.0
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:57:51 AM

Komodo is the best anonymous coin
its not relaying only on the code of the coin (zk snarks), it also has 3rd trustless service that mixing your coin and gives you a new address
its called JUMBLR

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:09:59 AM

Komodo is the best anonymous coin
its not relaying only on the code of the coin (zk snarks), it also has 3rd trustless service that mixing your coin and gives you a new address
its called JUMBLR

OK thanks, I have the whitepaper here:   https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/JUMBLR-Whitepaper

So my question would be, does this actually make Komodo more Anonymous, or does it just help to make bitcoin more anonymous in mixing?  Not to belittle that accomplishment, I just want to make sure its purpose is clearly understood.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:53:32 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 10:06:40 PM by SafeCoins

Also possibly worth mentioning....the cryptonote forks:

AEON, QUAZAR, Boolberry (why did it die???), Dashcoin, Darknetcoin, Fantomcoin, Pebblecoin (why you die??)

Perhaps the notable one in this list is....AEON?  

Shadowcoin may be dead but should still be mentioned here somewhere.

What other coins/features am I missing?
sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:56:58 PM

XMR is indeed outdated by these new privacy coins i am looking forward to XSPEC's market dominance in 2018.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:37:37 PM

XMR is indeed outdated by these new privacy coins i am looking forward to XSPEC's market dominance in 2018.

I hear a lot about XSpec's features in terms of a trading platform but what do you like about it in terms of privacy?    How does it differ from something like particl?
phreakk

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

Interesting how each of them has one or multiple good features, but no coin in the comparison has all the features...
 That makes me wonder whether or not a coin already exists that inhabits all or simply many of these features.

If not, wouldn't that be an awesomne opportunity for people who are able to create cryptos?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:03:40 PM

pivx and komodo are the ones i'd go for

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 09:13:26 PM

Interesting how each of them has one or multiple good features, but no coin in the comparison has all the features...
 That makes me wonder whether or not a coin already exists that inhabits all or simply many of these features.

If not, wouldn't that be an awesomne opportunity for people who are able to create cryptos?

That is one of the reasons I'm doing the comparison, for sure.

That said, you are looking at the beta version of this comparison chart and I am sure a lot of these coins have more features than listed.   Without a doubt I'm looking forward to others pointing out additional features, and I'll be updating it accordingly.

No question about it, no one coin currently has all the features.
cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:27:08 PM

I hear a lot about XSpec's features in terms of a trading platform but what do you like about it in terms of privacy?    How does it differ from something like particl?
Probably the OBFS4 is XSPEC's advantage it gives 100% anonimity than any of other privacy coins.

U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:31:24 PM

This is going to be an extremely interesting thread. I've only used Monero or Dash so I don't have a lot of knowledge here and want to see how this plays out.
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:33:57 PM

Great post,XSPEC is my bet ived research a lot on how it works and its advantages to its predecessors,i bought 5btc worth of it for the long hold.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:08:09 PM

Probably the OBFS4 is XSPEC's advantage it gives 100% anonimity than any of other privacy coins.

Thank you very much cryptomngr.   While I need to interject and suggest that 100% anonymity does not exist and may never exist, OBFS4 does seem like an excellent feature especially in countries where TOR is or may be banned/monitored.

Here is a good article on it:   https://www.maikel.pro/blog/progress-in-censorship-circumvention-tor-and-pluggable-transports-an-overview/

To my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, here is my basic understanding of OBFS4:

What it does do:   It prevents detection (by monitoring ISPs or governments) of the TOR network (through obfusciation).
                           For a coin such a XSPEC, this would be a major feature as XSPEC relies on the TOR network for anonymity.  For other coins, possibly not as crucial.

What it doesn't do:   It doesn't do anything to make the actual blockchain, or transactions, more anonymous, to my knowledge (?).   It is a peripheral protection.

What I'm not sure about: I'm not sure if it hides the wallet itself from monitoring, or if it just hides the wallet's interaction with the TOR network.  In otherwords, is it just hiding TOR, or hiding other components of the crypto too?  Not sure, but I'm assuming just TOR?

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:10:13 PM

This is going to be an extremely interesting thread. I've only used Monero or Dash so I don't have a lot of knowledge here and want to see how this plays out.

Thanks!  I appreciate it, hoping we can all learn.   What are your thoughts on the heavyweights?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:11:33 PM

pivx and komodo are the ones i'd go for

Thanks cryptohunter

What features do you see in PIVX or Komodo that would lean you toward them?

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:14:50 PM

Does no one consider that there are too many coins focused on privacy/anonymity.  The market for these coins are limited, and those likely to be interested are already involved.  The majority of the public just aren't concerned very much, else Facebook et al wouldn't be multi-billion $ companies.  Whatever short term gains they have, the long term prospects are probably going to be below average for all but the top few.  
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:34:16 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 11:09:31 PM by SafeCoins

Does no one consider that there are too many coins focused on privacy/anonymity.  The market for these coins are limited, and those likely to be interested are already involved.  The majority of the public just aren't concerned very much, else Facebook et al wouldn't be multi-billion $ companies.  Whatever short term gains they have, the long term prospects are probably going to be below average for all but the top few.  

That is a valid concern, but first of all, this isn't just a coin comparison.  It is a comparison of features and enhancements.  Some of which, for all we know, may be implemented in bitcoin itself one day.   In addition, I would make the counter-argument and ask if there are perhaps too many coins which aren't private?

A quick example, we were just discussing OBFS4.   This was developed for use in some countries, such as China, which will monitor the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and have in many ways already started to ban it:   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/11/02/cryptocurrency-exchanges-officially-dead-in-china/#292786fe2a83

So...China's pretty big.

Russia's not far behind.   https://cointelegraph.com/news/putin-condemns-bitcoin-calls-for-russian-ban-of-digital-currencies

Russia's pretty big too.

Do you think we will ever hear about offenders in those countries that rubbed their government the wrong way?  Of course not, we will never hear from them and neither will anyone else, ever.

Here's another 6 countries that have banned it:   https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/03/6-countries-where-bitcoin-is-banned.aspx

And in North America?   There are possibly worse things than bans....there are taxes, and other ways you can be persecuted.   Have you used coinbase?   This IRS already knows you have.  I'm not saying taxes are bad, but the monitoring part is.  I would expect basically half the people on this forum will get audited.   https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/29/16717416/us-coinbase-irs-records

Also, please note that I have drawn a distinction between anonymity and privacy.   When you buy a pizza, does everyone in the world have a right to know you bought that pizza?  Is that necessary?   There are privacy considerations as well.

Anyway, I can understand the concern and I understand why the public ledger is so appealing.  But there is definitely another side to it, to say the very least.

rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:43:04 PM

Wow what a great report! The chart is extremely helpful. My guess is that in the future the best of these tokens/coins will evolve and add more of the characteristics of the others. But right now it looks like an all out brawl for "the most anonymous".

You put a lot of good work into keeping this article short, but incredibly useful.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 02:34:19 AM

Wow what a great report! The chart is extremely helpful. My guess is that in the future the best of these tokens/coins will evolve and add more of the characteristics of the others. But right now it looks like an all out brawl for "the most anonymous".

You put a lot of good work into keeping this article short, but incredibly useful.

Thanks rehydrogenated,

I have to agree with you, I think what we see is what are very early stages of the evolution (even though attempts have been made for 7 years now).

2018 will be very interesting for private/anonymous coins.  I intend to keep this updated and improve on it, so please let me know if you have suggestions/feedback/corrections.

Happy New Years!
KevenDabid

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:03:30 AM

But in this list, I didn't find tokenpay, which may be a good contender, but I'm worried about whether the future of anonymous tokens will be suppressed by the government.

habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:59:06 AM

XMR might be in danger if this new coins would make it on the top light,seems xspec is growing fast as ever.

Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:43:17 AM

Thank you OP for creating this comparison. I've been looking for something like this to compare the privacy coins. Komodo seems very interesting.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:25:17 AM

But in this list, I didn't find tokenpay, which may be a good contender, but I'm worried about whether the future of anonymous tokens will be suppressed by the government.

Thank you for the tokenpay suggestion, I will add it, I need to learn a little bit more about it...so it claims to have zero knowledge proof (what kind?), has ring signatures, multi-signature transactions, "dual key stealth addresses", some degree of Tor integration, and "SCI"...Secure Communication Integration?  Am I missing anything?

The government both drives the needs for anonymous coins, and threatens them.    It's tricky, because there's many governments involved.   In some cases private or anonymous coins are a necessity, in other cases they have inherent risks.   For the moment, the trend is definitely an increase in privacy features and I suspect this will grow.

Thanks again
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 08:27:02 AM

Thank you OP for creating this comparison. I've been looking for something like this to compare the privacy coins. Komodo seems very interesting.

Thank you as well, I hope it helps and I'll keep it maintained and as unbiased as I can!

I'll research Komodo a little more.   What features about Komodo interest you the most?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:05:34 PM

Tokenpay has now been added.   Additional updates have also been made to the rest of the matrix.  While far from perfect I would consider it useable with a meaningful amount of time and effort put into it at this point.

Additional feedback/suggestions/constructive criticisms are appreciated!
JoinCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

U forgot Sumokoin
jenifive

Activity: 390

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:43:38 PM

Hey guys!

What do you think about XSH?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2234453.2220

jackalyst
Copper Member

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:49:05 PM

Not sure if you want me to reply here or if there's somewhere else I should post this.

QRL
- Quantum Resistance: Yes, at mainnet, XMSS
- Encrypted Messaging: At mainnet, Ephemeral with Dilithium, Kyber (Post Quantum)

Right now QRL is an ERC20 token. However, token migration is happening this month and mainnet is being released next month which will have the above features.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:49:14 PM

U forgot Sumokoin

Thank you, I have added it for now, but I will need to learn something more substantial about what makes it unique Privacy-wise, as if I added every Cryptonote/Monero fork the list would be >1000 rows long.  

It has mandatory RingCT, and a minimum of 12 transaction mixins.   Monero's RingCT is mandatory as well now, so I will include it because of the minimum of 12 transaction mixins (please let me know if I'm missing something).

cheers
TSVHoff

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:49:44 PM

Good Thread!

In regards to CloakCoin, i just sent you what should be checked on the spreadsheet. Its on CloakCoin thread, told by the developers themselves.

plus, CloakCoin is since last day, fully OpenSourced, and uses its own tech ENIGMA (it didnt fork from zksnakrs, or other copycats)

Tech people and Devs are digging in the code that was uploaded last day to github and are appearing in Cloak Chat and telegram to be in contact with the team developers.

More info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823143.9780
jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:55:48 PM

IOTA
- DAG
- Quantum Resistant with Winternitz OTS+

As an aside, what's the reasoning for having DAG and PoS as security features?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:56:10 PM

SuperCoin has optional privacy settings. It has been established 4 years, and uses its own tech.

https://supercoin.nl/

Worth noting in an exhaustive list.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:57:04 PM

Hey guys!

What do you think about XSH?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2234453.2220

Hello jenifive,

It could be interesting....forgive me if I'm wrong but here's what it appears to be:  

A verge fork for now, with a different roadmap.   Specifically:  Plans for POS, and Quantum Resistance.

Is that a fair assessment?
TSVHoff

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:01:49 PM

I agree that forks shouldn't be on that list...basically they are just copycats coins.

other thing people should stop posting is "Coin X is the only one 100% private" , its annoying.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:13:07 PM

I agree that forks shouldn't be on that list...basically they are just copycats coins.

other thing people should stop posting is "Coin X is the only one 100% private" , its annoying.

I agree.

It's a new list, and I want to be fair, so I'll consider things like community support for a coin (even if it is a fork), but I think it should have Some kind of unique feature, or at Very least a Roadmap that looks like it has a decent chance.  

If I strictly eliminated all forks, there wouldn't be any coins on the list except bitcoin (maybe bytecoin), with very minimal enhancements.   One of the reasons I created the thread is also because many of the other comparisons out there only show certain coins that look inferior to the one declared the "winner".   That's not at all what this is for either.

But...yes...if I included every fork.....it wouldn't even be readable.

teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

AEON, QUAZAR, Boolberry (why did it die???), Dashcoin, Darknetcoin, Fantomcoin, Pebblecoin (why you die??)
Boolberry is far from dead. It was quiet for some time, but there have been burst of development, and since last summer it has really picked up the pace with new exchanges and development roadmaps.

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commits/master
https://stocks.exchange/trade/BBR/BTC
https://cryptochangex.com/markets/bbrbtc

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
TSVHoff

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:37:40 PM

I agree.

It's a new list, and I want to be fair, so I'll consider things like community support for a coin (even if it is a fork), but I think it should have Some kind of unique feature, or at Very least a Roadmap that looks like it has a decent chance.  

If I strictly eliminated all forks, there wouldn't be any coins on the list except bitcoin (maybe bytecoin), with very minimal enhancements.   One of the reasons I created the thread is also because many of the other comparisons out there only show certain coins that look inferior to the one declared the "winner".   That's not at all what this is for either.

But...yes...if I included every fork.....it wouldn't even be readable.

fair enough

please update spreadsheet about cloak when u can
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:55:27 PM

Not sure if you want me to reply here or if there's somewhere else I should post this.

QRL
- Encrypted Messaging: At mainnet, Ephemeral with Dilithium, Kyber (Post Quantum)

Right now QRL is an ERC20 token. However, token migration is happening this month and mainnet is being released next month which will have the above features.

Thank you, I didn't realize it was still a token.   Really looking forward to some of the truly unique features in this one.  I have added both to the roadmap, although I am forced to note that it does not currently appear to have anonymous transactions in it's roadmap  (the encrypted messaging is great news though).
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:56:54 PM

Good Thread!

In regards to CloakCoin, i just sent you what should be checked on the spreadsheet. Its on CloakCoin thread, told by the developers themselves.

plus, CloakCoin is since last day, fully OpenSourced, and uses its own tech ENIGMA (it didnt fork from zksnakrs, or other copycats)

Tech people and Devs are digging in the code that was uploaded last day to github and are appearing in Cloak Chat and telegram to be in contact with the team developers.

Thank you TSVHoff,

I didn't realize how much effort had recently been put into this, fantastic news.   I've updated the matrix accordingly and thank you very much again for the info.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:59:23 PM

Boolberry is far from dead. It was quiet for some time, but there have been burst of development, and since last summer it has really picked up the pace with new exchanges and development roadmaps.

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/commits/master
https://stocks.exchange/trade/BBR/BTC
https://cryptochangex.com/markets/bbrbtc

Thanks teknohog,

That is great news, I've always been a fan of Wild Keccak.   I've added it to the list, although I must note that it would need some kind of unique Privacy or Anomymity features (outside of those forked) or it could eventually have to get pruned off.   As a fan, and recognizing that we have very little in terms of Asic-resistant Anonymous coins,  and given it's the new year, I've added it haha Smiley
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:01:34 AM

SuperCoin has optional privacy settings. It has been established 4 years, and uses its own tech.

https://supercoin.nl/

Worth noting in an exhaustive list.

Really good point.  I've added it, it seems to lack current development (please corrrect me if I'm wrong) but you have to admire the community rising it from the ashes.   As a pioneer in Multisig and Encrypted Messaging, it definitely has a place on here and a little developement could take it a long way still.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:06:00 AM

IOTA
- DAG
- Quantum Resistant with Winternitz OTS+

As an aside, what's the reasoning for having DAG and PoS as security features?

Thank you jackalyst,

I certainly haven't forgotten Iota as one of the top coins out there.   But to answer your question, DAG and POS on their own do nothing to protect user privacy.   However, IMHO, when layered on top of Anonymous/Private cryptocurrency, they provide decentralized (POS) and focused (DAG) strength to the security of the Anonymous network.

I am not sure if I should add Iota to this list yet.  I've heard rumours that it may include Anonymity features in the near future.  Can this be substantiated?   If there is a legitimate near term roadmap for this, I would add it.
JWKY

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:09:37 AM

good and quite detailed list
a big thumb up for you Wink

another thread for me to follow more often for my knowledge

just wanna know how about HUG, Semux ?

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:29:56 AM

XMR might be in danger if this new coins would make it on the top light,seems xspec is growing fast as ever.

Monero will never be in danger of anything. Any Monero clone or other coin can do whatever they want but they will never pace with amount Monero development. Monero have 300 contributors to the code, well actually we will soon hear the 2017 report. Developers are all that matters. Other coins can only copy past if they can at all.  They are more then welcomed, because the more the merrier. Smiley
TSVHoff

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:38:16 AM

Good Thread!

Thank you TSVHoff,

I didn't realize how much effort had recently been put into this, fantastic news.   I've updated the matrix accordingly and thank you very much again for the info.

Super,

just one thing, Cloak doesnt have Masternodes. ENIGMA is like a new way to do anon transactions.

The same way Spectrcoin has OBFS4, CloakCoin has since last day, ENIGMA, which is a new feature on the anon crypto world. Its now being audited by a security IT company.

also in the matrix "Enhacement", should be "OpenSource - Code Released"

slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:39:46 AM

You should remove Multisig transactions from Bytecoin. The low level code was removed in the last version

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
Bjorn4Bjorn

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:53:08 AM

I'm surprised there are no quantum resistant privacy coins.  someone needs to get on that.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:09:25 AM

a. Anonymous Capabilities / Anonyimity
    b. Privacy
    c) Security

Every will be made to assume none of these coins are a complete solution (yet).  Not because they're bad, but because a lot of the other comparison threads out there have been polarized toward one coin as the "solution with all the best end to end features".  

I would really appreciate your thoughts and input on this work in progress, so that together, we can make it even more complicated and unreadable.

Anonymous, Privacy, and Security features are clearly all related to one another, yet in my mind are distinct:

Anonymous features ultimately aim for the holding and transacting of a commodity which both requires and releases zero identifying information.
              Buy a pizza.  No receipt, no exchange of information, no record of the pizza or you.
                    There are obvious legal implications to this, causing it to be a "dark" feature.
                          However, this slander assumes that the governing body itself is not "dark", or corrupt.   In many places in the world, Anonymity is a matter of life and death.
                          As such, Anonymity is a double edged sword, aiding both sinister and altruistic efforts.

Privacy features aim to give ownership of identifying information to individuals/entities who hold or transact a commodity.
              Buy a pizza, there's a record of it but that record is for you (and potentially the pizza shop) only.
                    There is a legal arguement for privacy features.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_law

Security:  If you can hack the thing, you need not worry about Anonymity and Privacy.  Those are out.

Excellent work. 

May I suggest Byteball for inclustion on the list?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0;topicseen
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:50:03 AM

There's also a new crypto in the making BTCP - Bitcoin Private. Haven't studied the features more then it is a hard fork of BTC and ZCL. Would be great if you could list it in the list with its fetures as well. Or maybe it dosen't bring any new tech just a bitcoin with zk-snarks.

By the way, great job and initiative with the comparison.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:27:30 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 03:42:47 AM by SafeCoins

Super,

just one thing, Cloak doesnt have Masternodes. ENIGMA is like a new way to do anon transactions.

The same way Spectrcoin has OBFS4, CloakCoin has since last day, ENIGMA, which is a new feature on the anon crypto world. Its now being audited by a security IT company.

also in the matrix "Enhacement", should be "OpenSource - Code Released"

Thank you very much TSVHoff, we're getting there!

A couple clarifications to the best of my knowledge:

OBFS4 is not something created by Spectrecoin, rather it is a TOR network creation:  https://godoc.org/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/obfs4.git/transports/obfs4

It is a TOR obfusciation protocol, part of TOR's pluggable transports, and is likely a desireable integration for any TOR-focused coin.

Spectrecoin just appears to be the first to integrate with it.   I suspect others will follow, and no attempt was made to highlight "special XSPEC tech".

Masternodes:   These are not necessarily evil.   They have well known strengths and weaknesses.
               A proper implementation of masternodes will leverage the strengths and mitigate for their weaknesses.   It must be done well or not at all, IMHO.

Back to Enigma:   I will admit, I am not overly familiar, but after a quick read of the whitepaper I get as quoted below.  Which, to me, sounds very similar to masternodes.   If I am mistaken, by all means I would love to be corrected.  The categorization is not meant to slander nor pump Cloakcoin, it is just an attempt to describe what it does.   Which I am very happy to improve upon (while keeping the comparison chart as simple as possible).

P.S...I have changed the "enhancement" to show that open source code has been released, thank you!  Someone needs to tell google lol.

thank you

https://www.cloakcoin.com/resources/CloakCoin_ENIGMA_Whitepaper_v1.0.pdf

Enigma Cloaking Requests
When a user wishes to send a Cloaked Enigma transaction, they elect a series of Enigma nodes
(with a high enough Enigma balance) and request their assistance in cloaking. A Enigma node
can choose to assist in cloaking and send an acceptance response to the requester to indicate
this. If a Enigma node declines to participate in cloaking or does not respond in a timely manner,
an alternate Enigma node is elected and contacted. DDoS (distributed denial of service)
protection will blacklist any misbehaving nodes for the remainder of the session. A node is
deemed to be misbehaving if it repeatedly refuses to sign a Enigma transaction or refuses to
relay Enigma messages. Enigma cloaking nodes use an Elliptic Curve Diffie Hellman key
exchange (ECDH) to derive a shared secret with the Enigma initiating node, which is used to
generate a shared secret key for symmetric RSA-256 data encryption between a cloaking node
and the sender node.

jackalyst
Copper Member

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:27:50 AM

QRL

Thank you, I didn't realize it was still a token.   Really looking forward to some of the truly unique features in this one.  I have added both to the roadmap, although I am forced to note that it does not currently appear to have anonymous transactions in it's roadmap  (the encrypted messaging is great news though).

You're going a great job on this matrix. It's completely fair to list these items as roadmap features and I'll update you when we actually launch in February. PoS is also on the roadmap but not slated until the end of year. As it stands, other than secure messaging, we don't aim to be an anonymous coin - so that might be a deciding factor on whether QRL is on the list at all, it's your call.
s20Merlin

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:36:53 AM

Really interesting article!!! Thank you for the comparison. I might take a stab at XSPEC and ZCL, both with really low market caps for the potential they have!!

ZCL is pretty much Zcash with 10x less market cap.... becoming bitcoin hardfork as bitcoin private, giving you free coins.

Xspec with amazing tech, low market cap, just hope the devs can deliever on their tech!!
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:52:46 AM

good and quite detailed list
a big thumb up for you Wink

another thread for me to follow more often for my knowledge

just wanna know how about HUG, Semux ?

Thank you JWKY,

I had a look at both, and although interesting, neither appears to have privacy or anonymity enhancements that I can see.  If I am wrong or things change, please keep me updated and I'll do the same Smiley
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:55:17 AM

[You're going a great job on this matrix. It's completely fair to list these items as roadmap features and I'll update you when we actually launch in February. PoS is also on the roadmap but not slated until the end of year. As it stands, other than secure messaging, we don't aim to be an anonymous coin - so that might be a deciding factor on whether QRL is on the list at all, it's your call.

Keep me updated for sure, thank you!  I will add POS as a roadmap feature.   It really would be great to have privacy features behind the wall QRL is building, seems like a great fit, so I'll leave it on for now and see how things shake out...  good luck with the launch  Smiley
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:58:03 AM

Excellent work. 

May I suggest Byteball for inclustion on the list?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0;topicseen

Thank you 2dogs!   I had included byteball, but I called it "blackbytes", which maybe is a bit confusing.   Good suggestion.

To keep consistency with other private token solution, I've renamed that row to "Byteball" and put "blackbytes" in the description.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:00:53 AM

You should remove Multisig transactions from Bytecoin. The low level code was removed in the last version

Thank you slb, I have removed this as suggested (will publish in about 10 min).    Curious, why was this done?   Something to do with the Parity wallet situation?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:07:02 AM

There's also a new crypto in the making BTCP - Bitcoin Private. Haven't studied the features more then it is a hard fork of BTC and ZCL. Would be great if you could list it in the list with its fetures as well. Or maybe it dosen't bring any new tech just a bitcoin with zk-snarks.

By the way, great job and initiative with the comparison.

Thank you very much for the heads up allcryptominer,

A bit of googling confirms what you've suggested, it is a ZCL fork (and, thus, a Zcash fork).  I can't find anything more about improved features either.

I have added this in the ZCL description for now.

Queen12

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:40:44 AM

In my opinion, komodo is the best anonymous token because I have it, HHHH
I hope there will be a better increase in komodo next.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:43:28 AM

In my opinion, komodo is the best anonymous token because I have it, HHHH
I hope there will be a better increase in komodo next.

Honesty!

Gotta love it Smiley

For the record, I do not hold a position in any of these coins, yet I am extremely interested in them.

I believe this puts me in a unique position to evaluate them as fairly as possible.  I will do so until I become biased, and will disclose accordingly.

BTW, Komodo has some really nice features.
BitcoinOnFire

Activity: 159

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:24:07 AM

Somewhere some people pointed out:
- tor integration is not really needed / does not give anything over what is there in true anon coin
- quantum resistance need is also exaggerated - I read normal sha256 from BTC should be still good enough, and if quantum computers will get really advanced any blockchain can get additional proof. So it's simply not needed now, and if will be - can be added to any coin.
- mixing itself is 1.0 anon tech, ring signatures 2.0, zk-snarks 3.0

I suggest to add some weights what is really important and what matters more, so here for example I would give 100 points to zk-snarks, 10 for ring signatures, 1 point for mixing in terms of anon tech.

If master nodes are also important - can get points in a different category? Smiley or just depending on what you appreciate more.

Regarding anon coin KMD is zk-snarks (Zcash fork) with BONUS = 4 important features:
1) jumbler (part of KDM platform) which is mixing between transparent and zero-knowledge addresses, as zk-snarks give protection only between z-addresses, so if you move to transparent all can be linked (from what I understand) and anonimization between transparent and zero-address is missing in pure Zcash
2) dPOW - secures transaction using BTC blockchain notarization
3) 5% APR which is really unique among anon coins
4) wallet (Agama) can be used in lite mode, meaning - you do not need to download full KMD blockchain. Recently the wallet works really nice and quick in lite mode.

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 07:04:44 AM

Thank you very much BitcionOnFire,

My comments and perspective attached:

Somewhere some people pointed out:
- tor integration is not really needed / does not give anything over what is there in true anon coin

A truly anon coin does not yet exist, despite many claims of "100% anonymous".   None truly are, and may never be.  The fact that we live in a real physical world, and not a perfect theoretical one, spurs the need for Tor integration.

However, if a truly anonymous coin did exist, there would theoretically be no way to trust the address.   A third party would be needed for this.  Tor network is a very good fit for this.

- quantum resistance need is also exaggerated - I read normal sha256 from BTC should be still good enough, and if quantum computers will get really advanced any blockchain can get additional proof. So it's simply not needed now, and if will be - can be added to any coin.

True quantum computing, to my understanding, would do much worse than break sha256.  sha256 may not even be the first target.    It has other weaknesses.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609408/quantum-computers-pose-imminent-threat-to-bitcoin-security/

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-is-not-quantum-safe-and-how-we-can-fix-1375242150/

sha256 is secure for now but SHA1 has already been broken:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293382.0

My counterarguement would be...why wait to be hacked when there is better protection out there?  Should cryptocurrency not lead the way with the capital invested?

- mixing itself is 1.0 anon tech, ring signatures 2.0, zk-snarks 3.0

Agreed, when implementation is equal.    That said, why not have more than one, or all three?  Code is built by humans and has mistakes.   Why not have redundancy?

I suggest to add some weights what is really important and what matters more, so here for example I would give 100 points to zk-snarks, 10 for ring signatures, 1 point for mixing in terms of anon tech.

Agreed.   I thought about doing a poll on this.   My focus right now is being fair and inclusive.   But I think at some point further rating could be helpful.   And not just on the technology, but on the implementation of it.  I will take this suggestion to heart.

If master nodes are also important - can get points in a different category? Smiley or just depending on what you appreciate more.

Which one would you suggest?   I'm listening.  I certainly appreciate the concern with masternodes.   But most of those concerns are alleviated when you combine with other technologies like ring signatures or zksnarks.  And then you're just left with the advantages, like network strength and speed.   So I think it again comes down to the implementation whether masternodes are a positive or a negative, or neutral?

Regarding anon coin KMD is zk-snarks (Zcash fork) with BONUS = 4 important features:
1) jumbler (part of KDM platform) which is mixing between transparent and zero-knowledge addresses, as zk-snarks give protection only between z-addresses, so if you move to transparent all can be linked (from what I understand) and anonimization between transparent and zero-address is missing in pure Zcash
2) dPOW - secures transaction using BTC blockchain notarization
3) 5% APR which is really unique among anon coins
4) wallet (Agama) can be used in lite mode, meaning - you do not need to download full KMD blockchain. Recently the wallet works really nice and quick in lite mode.

Noted, thank you.   Jumbler and zksnarks are included in the matrix for KMD.    The other points are very valid, imho, and worth consideration to the coin.  I do not currently know where they would fit in this matrix, or whether the scope should go beyond Anonymity (that could be more ambitious than I'd planned).   But I am glad to have those advantages listed in this thread, at very least.

pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:26:56 AM

Thank you very much cryptomngr.   While I need to interject and suggest that 100% anonymity does not exist and may never exist, OBFS4 does seem like an excellent feature especially in countries where TOR is or may be banned/monitored.

Here is a good article on it:   https://www.maikel.pro/blog/progress-in-censorship-circumvention-tor-and-pluggable-transports-an-overview/

To my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, here is my basic understanding of OBFS4:

What it does do:  It prevents detection (by monitoring ISPs or governments) of the TOR network (through obfusciation).
                           For a coin such a XSPEC, this would be a major feature as XSPEC relies on the TOR network for anonymity.  For other coins, possibly not as crucial.

What it doesn't do:   It doesn't do anything to make the actual blockchain, or transactions, more anonymous, to my knowledge (?).   It is a peripheral protection.

What I'm not sure about: I'm not sure if it hides the wallet itself from monitoring, or if it just hides the wallet's interaction with the TOR network.  In otherwords, is it just hiding TOR, or hiding other components of the crypto too?  Not sure, but I'm assuming just TOR?

Not a TOR expert by any means, but as for XSPEC, the clever thing with this coin is that it does not have "interaction" with TOR as it is completely integrated in the TOR network. While transactions of some other TOR-coins will have to leave the TOR network and are thus vulnerable at the exit point, XSPEC transactions NEVER LEAVE the TOR network.

The original comparison table does unfortunatly not make this distinction between coins that fully integrate into TOR, like XSPEC, and those that only use TOR for transportation and thus only interact with TOR.

Full integratino, AFAIK, is a unique feature of XSPEC.

OBSF4 on the otherhand ensures that this can be used globally, even in countries that block TOR, therefore making XSPEC the only TOR based, globally available privacy coin. And just to be clear, OBSF4 is a TOR technology (part of TOR's pluggable transports). XSPEC is the ONLY coin thus far that uses this TOR feature.

Karto

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:33:16 AM

Ye Komodo is the best privacy coin in my opinion because of the jumblr
its a full privacy platform

however there are many interesting privacy coins in the market Smiley
hard to compare what is better, because we dont really see the big picture, only what they want us to see...

the advantage of komodo is that it uses 3rd party anonymizer so you dont have to rely only on the code of the blockchain and if it can be exploitable and tracked or not
BitcoinOnFire

Activity: 159

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

Agreed.   I thought about doing a poll on this.   My focus right now is being fair and inclusive.   But I think at some point further rating could be helpful.   And not just on the technology, but on the implementation of it.  I will take this suggestion to heart.

I was thinking of doing such poll and matrix as you just started, but for all top 40 coins or so + some exceptional which are down 40.

I will drop you and idea how t oget help Smiley

After you just started - if you make a nicer presentation for this you already have + add some other valid categories (extending beyond anon conis like allows smart contracts, is part of a more wide platform, allows oding dapps, scability in TPS).

How to make it easy -> afte you just  start I believe if you post to all major coins the communities of them can do a lot of work for you. Maybe jut a few will reject Smiley But mostly they have interest to inform well and show all best features they have.

In the end you can make a nice app - where every user can enter wieghts - per each category (for example if someone do not care about anon he pays 0 points there and 90 points into scalability and 10 to dapps).

The result will be a user will see which coins are best for him + also what is best coin for avg user weights.

You know what I mean?

I think if you set up an easy website about it like "coincompare" you can even make profit from this valid infroamtions Smiley

Just allow voting after login, not to fake polls/weights.

PS
Regarding quantum - Andreas said quantum proof can be added to BTC if true q-computers will be there. So I still think quantum is not a real need, however it's jus my opinion and all users can decide which weights are most important to show their best coins.

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
crypki

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

DSR might be a good mention. It's got high POS reward. Don't know if they have their own tech, but they call it InstantX and PrivateSend.
Btw, how can I get Blackbytes? I've always wanted a coin with DAG tech and privacy feature.
BrianH

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:07:49 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 12:29:33 PM by BrianH

#1 - thanks for the table! This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
#2 - You should consider adding block times, TPS and fees as this may be helpful in the future. Two coins with identical privacy features, people will use the one that has faster transaction times, lower fees and supports a larger network.
#3 - what are your thoughts on Cloakcoin vs Spectrecoin as an investment?

Shintoff

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:10:54 PM

Thanks SafeCoins for the useful reference table.
By the way SafeCoins, how do You think about BCN as a long term investment? What is Your opinion about this coin?
pvk444

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:22:58 PM

#2 - You should add block times as this may be helpful in the future. Two coins with identical privacy features - people will use the one that has faster transaction times.

As for #3, there is a comparison on http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin.

Here are some of the privacy related differences:

• While CloakCoin has its own onion routing network, SpectreCoin is part of the official Tor network. Thus, for XSPEC, it means that there are much more nodes participating in the network, and is thereofre more difficult to censor.
  • Cloak's ENIGMA protocol seems to be based on mixing, whereas SpectreCoin uses untraceable ring signatures. Ring signatures (using private fixed-size tokens) are information-theoretically anonymous, while mixed transactions could possibly be prone to correlation attacks and malicious nodes.
  • For ClaokCoan, all funds are visible on the blockchain, whereas in SpectreCoin, funds that are stored as private balance (tokens for ring signatures) are not publicly visible.
BrianH

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:40:29 PM

#2 - You should add block times as this may be helpful in the future. Two coins with identical privacy features - people will use the one that has faster transaction times.

• While CloakCoin has its own onion routing network, SpectreCoin is part of the official Tor network. Thus, for XSPEC, it means that there are much more nodes participating in the network, and is thereofre more difficult to censor.
  • Cloak's ENIGMA protocol seems to be based on mixing, whereas SpectreCoin uses untraceable ring signatures. Ring signatures (using private fixed-size tokens) are information-theoretically anonymous, while mixed transactions could possibly be prone to correlation attacks and malicious nodes.
  • For ClaokCoan, all funds are visible on the blockchain, whereas in SpectreCoin, funds that are stored as private balance (tokens for ring signatures) are not publicly visible.
Thanks! SpectreCoin is looking like something to invest in. For the last point, Cloak does include stealth addresses when processed through Enigma, so I believe they are not publicly visible.

TSVHoff

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:21:35 PM

that whole comparison was too much biased for Spectrcoin.

the same way spectr has OBFS4, CloakCoin has ENIGMA to a whole new way to do anon transactions.

ENIGMA is audited by a security company (COGNOSEC, listed on NASDAQ), Spectr is doing the same error as other coins do, which is bringing up the tech without knowing if it is 100% secure.

We saw this before, every month coins network get hacked because of lack of security, when ppl start to use spectr a lot that will attract attention of hackers, and then we will see if it is really secure.
pvk444

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:39:09 PM

the same way spectr has OBFS4, CloakCoin has ENIGMA to a whole new way to do anon transactions.

ENIGMA is audited by a security company (COGNOSEC, listed on NASDAQ), Spectr is doing the same error as other coins do, which is bringing up the tech without knowing if it is 100% secure.

We saw this before, every month coins network get hacked because of lack of security, when ppl start to use spectr a lot that will attract attention of hackers, and then we will see if it is really secure.

How is it "biased" ? The table uses privacy related features which are commonly used when comparing any coin. All the listed coins, XSPEC as well, has many additional features which are not listed. Given this generic nature of the comparison, I believe it even underplays what XSPEC has to offer, not the otherway around.

Also, given that XSPEC is built into TOR with OBSF4, it "inherits" the respective security features. Don't know what the user base of ENIGMA is, but I bet it does not come close to those using TOR and therefore providing "audit" of the security aspects on an ongoing basis.
carap

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:39:14 PM

SafeCoins, thank you for the great work you've done! I'm a big fan of privacy coins.

May I suggest a couple of things (columns) that I personally consider important when making my investment decisions.

1. When looking for a new coin I need to know whenever it is a coin or token (I don't buy tokens, I want miners since they help decentralization).
2. What is the a maximum supply of coins.
3. Which hashing algo used (to quickly estimate whenever it is for ASIC, GPU, CPU, etc..).
4. An official website address, where more information about that coin could be found. 
5. Could be helpful to also know the current price and circulating supply, but that will require a regular update (could automate with google spreadsheets, let me know if you need a script for).

*. Finally, JFYI Zcoin has a masternode.

Again, thank you for this thread!  

Trading robots - wrong assumptions made by beginners - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1722689 - share your practical experiences!
carap

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:44:11 PM

You might also want to have a look at the following:

Hcash (HSR): https://h.cash
StealthCoin (XST): https://www.stealthcoin.com/
Crave Project (CRAVE): https://craveproject.net
Bulwark (BWK): https://bulwarkcrypto.com
InnovaCoin (INN): https://innovacoin.info
Phore (PHR): https://phore.io
Pura (PUR): https://pura.one/
Sumokoin (SUMO): https://www.sumokoin.org/
Grin (http://grin-tech.org/)
Aeon (AEON): http://www.aeon.cash/
SolarisCoin (XLR): https://solariscoin.com/
Pure (PURE): https://purealt.org/
Enigma (ENG): https://www.enigma.co/
Aion (AION): https://aion.network/
Obsidian (ODN): https://obsidianplatform.com/

Trading robots - wrong assumptions made by beginners - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1722689 - share your practical experiences!
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:02:57 PM

DSR might be a good mention. It's got high POS reward. Don't know if they have their own tech, but they call it InstantX and PrivateSend.
Btw, how can I get Blackbytes? I've always wanted a coin with DAG tech and privacy feature.

Thanks cryptki,

Appears to be a Dash fork which is currently stuck on a block and nobody can get past it.  Perhaps this message will help, I don't know.   But seeing as it has no new features and may be a dead coin at this point, I'll use a wait-and-see approach, if that's ok.

If anyone wants to take a chance on mining the stuck block (others have tried and failed):  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2198958.220

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:34:14 PM

A quick update on Verge:   I may need to re-visit that evaluation after issues around the wraith protocol deployment today:

https://www.google.com/search?q=verge+wraith+fail

It's a mess out there on Verge right now.  I'm not going to call it a fail yet, but I will say buyer beware, and that my current evaluation of them may be "optimistic".

And I am still optimistic, I'm hoping that when things settle out, we find that they do in fact have these features now.  Or, they are just one quick update away from them.

If you have VALID information on this (I don't want to make things worse, I'm just looking for Facts at this point), it would be greatly appreciated. 

My current thought is to give it a day or two, and then re-visit.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:48:42 PM

SafeCoins, thank you for the great work you've done! I'm a big fan of privacy coins.

May I suggest a couple of things (columns) that I personally consider important when making my investment decisions.

1. When looking for a new coin I need to know whenever it is a coin or token (I don't buy tokens, I want miners since they help decentralization).
2. What is the a maximum supply of coins.
3. Which hashing algo used (to quickly estimate whenever it is for ASIC, GPU, CPU, etc..).
4. An official website address, where more information about that coin could be found. 
5. Could be helpful to also know the current price and circulating supply, but that will require a regular update (could automate with google spreadsheets, let me know if you need a script for).

*. Finally, JFYI Zcoin has a masternode.

Again, thank you for this thread!  

Thank you very much carap, I really appreciate it.    I've updated Zcoin to include Znodes, great catch.

So my only comment is that most of this info is already readily available on many sites.   I could integrate it into a website or app, yes, or I could just provide links to coinmarketcap, etc.   Keeping track of coin stats is an expertise to itself.  For instance, God help me I have no idea how they figure out what Ripple's supply is.   But I digress.   I will work towards this but my focus will definitely be the Anonymous, Private, and Security enhancements themselves.   The listing of respective coins is secondary to this, and their associated stats, further down the list.

As soon as I make this look like a ranking, I'll appear to be siding with one particular coin and as soon as I lose neutrality, this thread becomes all too common.    So I will consider it, but cautiously and while maintaining focus on anonymous features.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:06:41 PM

How is it "biased" ? The table uses privacy related features which are commonly used when comparing any coin. All the listed coins, XSPEC as well, has many additional features which are not listed. Given this generic nature of the comparison, I believe it even underplays what XSPEC has to offer, not the otherway around.

Also, given that XSPEC is built into TOR with OBSF4, it "inherits" the respective security features. Don't know what the user base of ENIGMA is, but I bet it does not come close to those using TOR and therefore providing "audit" of the security aspects on an ongoing basis.

Thanks TSVHoff and pvk444,

So, when everyone is on-board but slightly unhappy, that's probably where things should be haha Smiley

Nobody is getting all the representation they want, but everyone is getting some representation.  I'm doing my best to represent things fairly which means nobody is going to be completely happy.  

A quick comment on OBFS4 and ENIGMA:  They have nothing in common, just to be clear.

OBFS4 was developed out of the Tor project.  It is not a special tech that any one coin owns.  It is a Tor protocol that any coin can be developed to follow.
     It has substantial documentation describing exactly what it does, and how.  Not from a coin, but by the Tor project.
        https://github.com/Yawning/obfs4   https://godoc.org/git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/obfs4.git/transports/obfs4
        https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en

ENIGMA:  I don't know what this is because nobody has said what it is.   Whether it is audited or not we need to know what it is. Doing my own research, it looks to serve a function similar to masternodes, so that's where I put it.   I am completely open to putting it somewhere else or making a new column, but I can't just create an "Enigma" column and provide no information as to what "Engima" is.    So while appropriately named, Enigma needs to be a little bit less of an Enigma before we can compare it to other tech.
finpunk

Activity: 98
Merit: 37

Technologies Designed to Liberate the World

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:24:53 PM

Very cool comparison. Want to point out that ZenCash is working an R&D project for a DAG scaling solution, more details to come as the project matures. In meantime, here's our roadmap to ref what's in the pipeline this coming year:

trello.com/b/C0L7hGCV/development-roadmap
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:48:51 PM

Thank you pvk444,

It likely doesn't highlight the feature to the extent you would like, but I have updated the matrix to show this distinction with regards to integration with the Tor network for cloakcoin and Spectrecion.   I won't comment on which way is better, I think they both have their own merits.   I would also be interested in what the deeponion crowd has to say about it.   
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 07:10:03 PM

Very cool comparison. Want to point out that ZenCash is working an R&D project for a DAG scaling solution, more details to come as the project matures. In meantime, here's our roadmap to ref what's in the pipeline this coming year:

trello.com/b/C0L7hGCV/development-roadmap

Awesome roadmap finpunk,   extremely ambitious!  Makes me wonder if I should have anonymous file sharing on here or not.  Whole other ball of wax but getting harder to ignore.

Then there's anonymous chat....I will keep an eye on that.

DAG seems a bit far out but with all that on the roadmap I gotta add something lol....so I've done so and will be published shortly.

Keep us updated!
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:42:51 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 07:57:55 PM by EleanorZ

Don't think anyone's chimed in about PIVX yet (most of the PIVX community is on Discord/Reddit/Twitter). There may well be other info I'm missing, but here are some things I noticed:

PIVX has had multisig for a while but recently improved the GUI to make it more user-friendly, so you definitely need a green 'yes' in that column. (Source: release notes for wallet v. 3.0.5 onwards)
Like some other coins on this list, PIVX can be run as a Tor hidden service if desired...so, maybe an orange 'optional' there? (Source: various, but e.g. https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/blob/master/doc/tor.md)

If you're going to include future additions based on the roadmap, as you have for Verge Atomic Swaps, then you should include Dandelion Protocol under 'hiding' for PIVX (https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/7iw1fq/when_is_pivx_implementing_dandelion_protocol_to/).

And, as a more general comment, you might want to consider including a column for decentralized exchange integration, which is an important consideration for any privacy coin. PIVX has its own decentralized exchange in the roadmap (zDEX; various sources, but e.g. https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@valderrama/pivx-mandatory-wallet-upgrade-and-even-more-privacy-with-zdex), which will allow zPIV (i.e., zero-piv) to be traded in-wallet. I'm assuming some other privacy coins have similar plans as well.

Good luck with your list.
Pinstripe

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:18:12 PM

Thank you SafeCoins. Your reference table is an interesting and valuable resource.

I'm not very technically proficient when it comes to crypto, but when I saw Byteball on the list, I wanted to add a couple of
Byteball Blackbytes resources that may be helpful to you and the community:

Byteball: Blackbytes FAQ:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2020882.0

Hiding entire content of on-chain transactions (by Byteball dev Tonych):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574508

and
Byteball Wiki on Blackbytes
https://byteroll.com/blackbytes

Hope it`s helpful.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:13:03 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 11:34:56 PM by SafeCoins

You might also want to have a look at the following:

Hcash (HSR): https://h.cash
StealthCoin (XST): https://www.stealthcoin.com/
Crave Project (CRAVE): https://craveproject.net
Bulwark (BWK): https://bulwarkcrypto.com
InnovaCoin (INN): https://innovacoin.info
Phore (PHR): https://phore.io
Pura (PUR): https://pura.one/
Sumokoin (SUMO): https://www.sumokoin.org/
Grin (http://grin-tech.org/)
Aeon (AEON): http://www.aeon.cash/
SolarisCoin (XLR): https://solariscoin.com/
Pure (PURE): https://purealt.org/
Enigma (ENG): https://www.enigma.co/
Aion (AION): https://aion.network/
Obsidian (ODN): https://obsidianplatform.com/

Wow, thank you carap!

This will take some time lol.  Here is a brief summary of my first glance.   I will have to whittle away at this with everyone's help:

Hcash (HSR): https://h.cash      Decred and Dash fork...Adding Super, super dodgy ICO here, even for an overseas coins, but a lot of promises made
StealthCoin (XST): https://www.stealthcoin.com/    Added as you were posting
Crave Project (CRAVE): https://craveproject.net      Blackcoin fork, adding
Bulwark (BWK): https://bulwarkcrypto.com             Dash/PIVX fork, adding
InnovaCoin (INN): https://innovacoin.info               Another Dash fork......um..., ok...adding?
Phore (PHR): https://phore.io                                 PIVX fork....adding maybe?
Pura (PUR): https://pura.one/                                Another Dash fork......um..., ok...adding?  Maybe?
Sumokoin (SUMO): https://www.sumokoin.org/       Already added, was in wrong alphabetical order, fixed in next publication
Grin (http://grin-tech.org/)                                    Looks interesting!  Adding.  Will mostly be roadmaps
Aeon (AEON): http://www.aeon.cash/                     Early Monero fork, I had mentioned it earlier.  I may ask the community if it has any new privacy enhancements
SolarisCoin (XLR): https://solariscoin.com/              PIVX fork....adding maybe?
Pure (PURE): https://purealt.org/                            Dash fork....recent scam claims....adding...... maybe?........
Enigma (ENG): https://www.enigma.co/                 Talks about privacy but doesn't describe any privacy features? ICO Hacked  https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/24/enigma-refund/
Aion (AION): https://aion.network/                         Interesting coin, can't find any privacy features in whitepaper
Obsidian (ODN): https://obsidianplatform.com/        Interesting software, private messenger, can't find any privacy features in whitepaper that relate to cryptocurrency

I might also have to look at ColossusCoinXT
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:26:00 PM

Thank you SafeCoins. Your reference table is an interesting and valuable resource.

I'm not very technically proficient when it comes to crypto, but when I saw Byteball on the list, I wanted to add a couple of
Byteball Blackbytes resources that may be helpful to you and the community:

Byteball: Blackbytes FAQ:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2020882.0

Hiding entire content of on-chain transactions (by Byteball dev Tonych):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574508

and
Byteball Wiki on Blackbytes
https://byteroll.com/blackbytes

Hope it`s helpful.

Thank you Pinstripe!  I really appreciate it and I think Blackbytes are incredibly interesting.   I have read all the above previously and they are good links.  If you feel the matrix needs to be adjusted just let me know and I'll look into it.   

One thing that I think would be very useful to get an update on...how is Byteball doing with regards to decentralizing their network?   DAG has received a lot of Flack for this.  IOTA was even caught withdrawing money out of users accounts.   Obviously a security concern.   That said, if we are to be honest, even Bitcoin was originally centralized, and even now...has some centralization issues.    I understand Byteball has been working to address their DAG-related centralization issues.   Any idea how that's going?
http://byteballjp.info/2017/11/24/interview-with-mr-churyumov-and-how-he-thinks-about-witness-and-distribution-of-byteball/
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:46:18 PM

Don't think anyone's chimed in about PIVX yet (most of the PIVX community is on Discord/Reddit/Twitter). There may well be other info I'm missing, but here are some things I noticed:

PIVX has had multisig for a while but recently improved the GUI to make it more user-friendly, so you definitely need a green 'yes' in that column. (Source: release notes for wallet v. 3.0.5 onwards)
Like some other coins on this list, PIVX can be run as a Tor hidden service if desired...so, maybe an orange 'optional' there? (Source: various, but e.g. https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/blob/master/doc/tor.md)

If you're going to include future additions based on the roadmap, as you have for Verge Atomic Swaps, then you should include Dandelion Protocol under 'hiding' for PIVX (https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/7iw1fq/when_is_pivx_implementing_dandelion_protocol_to/).

And, as a more general comment, you might want to consider including a column for decentralized exchange integration, which is an important consideration for any privacy coin. PIVX has its own decentralized exchange in the roadmap (zDEX; various sources, but e.g. https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@valderrama/pivx-mandatory-wallet-upgrade-and-even-more-privacy-with-zdex), which will allow zPIV (i.e., zero-piv) to be traded in-wallet. I'm assuming some other privacy coins have similar plans as well.

Good luck with your list.

Thank you Eleanor!  Great news on the Multisig addition!     I've added that and the Atomic Swap Roadmap to the matrix.

Yes, a lot of the privacy coins do have exchange related plans.  Unfortunately, some of them abandoned their privacy goals in the process.   So I am mixed on that one.  Any others?    Thoughts?

What if I make a column for decentralized Private, Secure, exchanges?
pvk444

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:14:45 PM

One other small correction for XSPEC : encrypted messaging is on the roadmap for an upcoming release.

Great work, btw. Really useful to have.
crypki

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:43:45 PM

Thanks cryptki,

Appears to be a Dash fork which is currently stuck on a block and nobody can get past it.  Perhaps this message will help, I don't know.   But seeing as it has no new features and may be a dead coin at this point, I'll use a wait-and-see approach, if that's ok.

If anyone wants to take a chance on mining the stuck block (others have tried and failed):  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2198958.220

Thanks for that info. Don't know how you manage to gather these infos. I thought DSR would be good. Is Zoin a safe bet? Can it also become a dead coin? What makes a coin vulnerable to becoming dead? Also, coins with high POS rewards(Xios), is that a red flag? seeing something giving over 700% annual rewards seems too good to be true.
BrianH

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:51:06 PM

For clarification sake, Cloak's ENIGMA is used to perform off-chain P2P mixing, which is potentially better than on-chain RingCT, because there is not even a blockchain group to tie the identity of the transaction to. Cloak also does not use masternodes, however a user needs to hold a minimum 100 CLOAK to obtain the reward from PoSA 3.0.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 11:41:14 PM

For clarification sake, Cloak's ENIGMA is used to perform off-chain P2P mixing, which is potentially better than on-chain RingCT, because there is not even a blockchain group to tie the identity of the transaction to. Cloak also does not use masternodes, however a user needs to hold a minimum 100 CLOAK to obtain the reward from PoSA 3.0.

Perfect, thank you very much Brian, that's really helpful.   "Offchain Mixing" is something people can google to educate themselves.  Thus, Cloakcoin has their own "Offchain Mixing" column now Smiley

And thank you to TSVHoff as well for getting the developer comments, I really appreciate it.

My apologies for any confusion, I really hope this helps.  Please have a look and let me know what you think.
cryptoguard

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:43:59 PM

Hey SafeCoins!

I am lead community manager and writer at the Particl Project. We are aware information about our project currently is all over the place. We are redesigning our website from scratch to include all the information about the project and it should be ready in a just a few weeks. In the meantime, I can fill you in with the information as it relates to the image you posted in your OP (the spreadsheet):

Mixing/Ring Signatures: RingCT + CT
Mixing/Multisignature Transactions: Yes
Mixing/Atomic Swaps: Yes
Hiding/Tor Integration: Optional
Hiding/Stealth Address: Yes
Hiding/Encrypted Messaging: Yes
Protection/Quantum Resistance: Yes
Protetion/POS: PPoS (improved from PoS3)

If you want more in-depth information about the nature of our privacy coin and platform, you can either read my Particl articles at decentralize.today/@cryptoguard or contact me and I will be happy to help you in any way I can.

Particl In A Nutshell (9min read) https://decentralize.today/particl-in-a-nutshell-6dd9ecc97d27
In-Depth Presentation (55min read)  https://decentralize.today/in-depth-presentation-of-the-particl-project-b3a41923a07e
Cold Staking (8min read) https://decentralize.today/particls-10th-of-november-hardfork-cold-staking-quantum-resistance-a083ef3913cc

For the purpose of this thread, here is a quick crash course about the privacy features of our project (sorry for the bold words, I just want to make it easy for people to quickly read through):

Our vision:
We strongly believe that the best way to make a coin valuable is to have a strong ecosytem and economy built around it so that users can easily use and spend their coins without having to cash out back to fiat. This is why we are building the Particl platform; a full-blown decentralized and privacy ecosystem built directly into our GUI wallet which also works with almost any other cryptocurrency while still preserving total anonymity. This privacy platform will provide many services to all crypto communities such as a marketplace, a messaging system, and in the future many other privacy Dapps that furthers our mission of creating an entire ecosystem/economy (i.e. could be a privacy DEX, or Twitter-style communication apps...).

We are an inclusive project and want to work with other crypto communities by building an economy and privacy ecosystem that anyone can use with their favorite coin on!

Particl Coin (PART):
- PART is always updated to the latest BTC Core codebase within days. It is currently on Bitcoin Core 0.15.1.1. Particl does it faster than any other project, including Litecoin.
- PART has three states of privacy: public (same privacy as Bitcoin), blinded (uses CT to hide transacting amounts) and anon (uses RingCT to hide transacting amounts and participants). It is the first project to ever implement both CT and RingCT on the BTC codebase (instead of Cryptonote)
- 100% of blocks and transactions are Segwit. Particl is the first native segwit blockchain ever
- 100% PoS, no PoW period ever. Particl is the first "pure PoS" blockchain ever
- Lightning Network-ready

Particl Proof-of-Stake:
- Improved from PoS3 (more secure and private)
- Passive income of minimum 5% on year 1, declining 1% per year and stabilizing at 2%
- Quantum-Resistant
- Cold and hardware staking
- Protocol support for staking pools and staking reward management tool
- Decentralized voting & governance
- Self-Funding of the project (the Particl Foundation (non-profit Swiss Foundation registered by MME, the same legal firm as the Ethereum Foundation) receives 10% of all block rewards)

Privacy Platform:
- This platform is included in our beautiful GUI wallet. This is from the same team who designed SDC/XSPEC wallet but now uses better and more secure GUI technologies (all sandboxed as well)
- First ever 100% anonymous and decentralized marketplace (eBay-style, with no-fee decentralized escrow system)
- The marketplace will only be the first privacy Dapp of the platform. Any privacy Dapp can be developed through smart-contracts. Any contract can use PART's native CT and RingCT privacy protocols
- The platform accepts almost all crypto-currencies either through third-party or atomic swaps, however, whenever a PART transaction occurs, coins are automatically transferred into PART so that the platform can use CT/RingCT. That means all transactions, even from other coins, generate demand for the PART coin.
- Storage is stored off-chain on DSNs (off-chain data storage networks) to greatly increase scalability. Particl uses SMSG, its own P2P data storage network embedded into each blockchain node, but can very easily integrate any other DSN such as IPFS. This allow the platform to always include the latest tech.
- Messaging system
- Tor-enabled
- No metadata leak possible, every metadata is constantly stripped off any piece of data

These are just a couple of key points to help you further your research on Particl and how it compares to other privacy projects. If you are interested by what was above, then please do read my articles as they go into more details or contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you in your research.

Cheers mate!

P.S. We have started an imgur image folder which includes some infographics on some of our stuff such as privacy protocols, cold staking, etc. You can follow the link here: https://imgur.com/a/J9MsU
BrianH

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:02:40 AM

Perfect, thank you very much Brian, that's really helpful.   "Offchain Mixing" is something people can google to educate themselves.  Thus, Cloakcoin has their own "Offchain Mixing" column now Smiley

And thank you to TSVHoff as well for getting the developer comments, I really appreciate it.

My apologies for any confusion, I really hope this helps.  Please have a look and let me know what you think.
Sure. Thanks again for doing the legwork on all of this. I've wanted to do a summary on all the major coins for a long time, but never had the time. Hear about "new" privacy coins everyday, but had no idea there were so many. This helps separate the winners from the losers. Will keep checking this to see where things stand.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:07:24 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 01:34:13 AM by SafeCoins

Hey SafeCoins!

I am lead community manager and writer at the Particl Project. We are aware information about our project currently is all over the place. We are redesigning our website from scratch to include all the information about the project and it should be ready in a just a few weeks. In the meantime, I can fill you in with the information as it relates to the image you posted in your OP (the spreadsheet):

If you want more in-depth information about the nature of our privacy coin and platform, you can either read my Particl articles at decentralize.today/@cryptoguard or contact me and I will be happy to help you in any way I can.

Particl In A Nutshell (9min read) https://decentralize.today/particl-in-a-nutshell-6dd9ecc97d27
In-Depth Presentation (55min read)  https://decentralize.today/in-depth-presentation-of-the-particl-project-b3a41923a07e
Cold Staking (8min read) https://decentralize.today/particls-10th-of-november-hardfork-cold-staking-quantum-resistance-a083ef3913cc

For the purpose of this thread, here is a quick crash course about the privacy features of our project (sorry for the bold words, I just want to make it easy for people to quickly read through):

Our vision:
We strongly believe that the best way to make a coin valuable is to have a strong ecosytem and economy built around it so that users can easily use and spend their coins without having to cash out back to fiat. This is why we are building the Particl platform; a full-blown decentralized and privacy ecosystem built directly into our GUI wallet which also works with almost any other cryptocurrency while still preserving total anonymity. This privacy platform will provide many services to all crypto communities such as a marketplace, a messaging system, and in the future many other privacy Dapps that furthers our mission of creating an entire ecosystem/economy (i.e. could be a privacy DEX, or Twitter-style communication apps...).

We are an inclusive project and want to work with other crypto communities by building an economy and privacy ecosystem that anyone can use with their favorite coin on!

Particl Coin (PART):
- PART is always updated to the latest BTC Core codebase within days. It is currently on Bitcoin Core 0.15.1.1. Particl does it faster than any other project, including Litecoin.
- PART has three states of privacy: public (same privacy as Bitcoin), blinded (uses CT to hide transacting amounts) and anon (uses RingCT to hide transacting amounts and participants). It is the first project to ever implement both CT and RingCT on the BTC codebase (instead of Cryptonote)
- 100% of blocks and transactions are Segwit. Particl is the first native segwit blockchain ever

Particl Proof-of-Stake:
- Passive income of minimum 5% on year 1, declining 1% per year and stabilizing at 2%
- Quantum-Resistant
- Self-Funding of the project (the Particl Foundation (non-profit Swiss Foundation registered by MME, the same legal firm as the Ethereum Foundation) receives 10% of all block rewards)

Privacy Platform:
- This platform is included in our beautiful GUI wallet. This is from the same team who designed SDC/XSPEC wallet but now uses better and more secure GUI technologies (all sandboxed as well)
- First ever 100% anonymous and decentralized marketplace (eBay-style, with no-fee decentralized escrow system)
- The marketplace will only be the first privacy Dapp of the platform. Any privacy Dapp can be developed through smart-contracts. Any contract can use PART's native CT and RingCT privacy protocols
- The platform accepts almost all crypto-currencies either through third-party or atomic swaps, however, whenever a PART transaction occurs, coins are automatically transferred into PART so that the platform can use CT/RingCT. That means all transactions, even from other coins, generate demand for the PART coin.
- Storage is stored off-chain on DSNs (off-chain data storage networks) to greatly increase scalability. Particl uses SMSG, its own P2P data storage network embedded into each blockchain node, but can very easily integrate any other DSN such as IPFS. This allow the platform to always include the latest tech.
- Messaging system
- Tor-enabled
- No metadata leak possible, every metadata is constantly stripped off any piece of data

These are just a couple of key points to help you further your research on Particl and how it compares to other privacy projects. If you are interested by what was above, then please do read my articles as they go into more details or contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you in your research.

Cheers mate!

P.S. We have started an imgur image folder which includes some infographics on some of our stuff such as privacy protocols, cold staking, etc. You can follow the link here: https://imgur.com/a/J9MsU

Thank you very much cryptoguard, I really appreciate it and I've updated the matrix accordingly.   I suspect you have additional features which could mean more columns as well, but...babysteps Smiley
I will stay tuned on Particl as the website and documentation gets updated, and congrats on Segwit and your still very new exchange plaftform Smiley

I have always considered Particl (formerly SDC) to be one of the top Privacy contributors to cryptocurrency.   That said, this also means I hold Particl to a higher standard as well.   With that said, I do have two quick questions which I think clarity on them could be useful to those looking for privacy solutions.

1.  zkSnarks....   What's the status on these?  Certainly not looking to create an issue here, just wondering if these, or some other zero knowledge solution is on the roadmap.  I was under the impression SDC at one time had zkSnarks.  Like you say, there is a lot of misinformation so I could have been mistaken.

2.   If, in the future, Particl must choose between:

-A  timely platform or bitcoin core upgrade (of Segwit proportions) and temporary disabling their privacy/anon features
         OR
        -Delaying the upgrade, until it is 100% compatible with existing privacy/anon features

Which choice do you believe Particl will be more committed to going forward?    

I ask, because an uninterupted and long-term commitment to privacy is an absolute requirement to many who value these features
    (otherwise there is little or no point to them at all, and they could even contribute to dangerous or harmful situations).

Thank you kindly cryptoguard, I really appreciate the info and the update!
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:39:04 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 02:02:32 AM by SafeCoins

Wow, thank you carap!

This will take some time lol.  Here is a brief summary of my first glance.   I will have to whittle away at this with everyone's help:

Hcash (HSR): https://h.cash      Decred and Dash fork...Adding Super, super dodgy ICO here, even for an overseas coins, but a lot of promises made
InnovaCoin (INN): https://innovacoin.info               Another Dash fork......um..., ok...adding?
Phore (PHR): https://phore.io                                 PIVX fork....adding maybe?
Pura (PUR): https://pura.one/                                Another Dash fork......um..., ok...adding?  Maybe?
Sumokoin (SUMO): https://www.sumokoin.org/       Already added, was in wrong alphabetical order, fixed in next publication
Grin (http://grin-tech.org/)                                    Looks interesting!  Adding.  Will mostly be roadmaps
Aeon (AEON): http://www.aeon.cash/                     Early Monero fork, I had mentioned it earlier.  I may ask the community if it has any new privacy enhancements
SolarisCoin (XLR): https://solariscoin.com/              PIVX fork....adding maybe?
Pure (PURE): https://purealt.org/                            Dash fork....recent scam claims....adding...... maybe?........
Enigma (ENG): https://www.enigma.co/                 Talks about privacy but doesn't describe any privacy features? ICO Hacked  https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/24/enigma-refund/
Aion (AION): https://aion.network/                         Interesting coin, can't find any privacy features in whitepaper
Obsidian (ODN): https://obsidianplatform.com/        Interesting software, private messenger, can't find any privacy features in whitepaper that relate to cryptocurrency

I might also have to look at ColossusCoinXT

I have added everything in green, and I will send a message out to all threads related to green and orange.

Those in red I've opted not to pursue at this time, but I am always open to feedback on that.

And ColossusCoinXT (PIVX fork).  I need to look at that one.

cryptoguard

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:57:06 AM

Hey SafeCoins!

In-Depth Presentation (55min read)  https://decentralize.today/in-depth-presentation-of-the-particl-project-b3a41923a07e

Our vision:

Particl Coin (PART):

Particl Proof-of-Stake:
- Quantum-Resistant

Privacy Platform:
- Messaging system
- Tor-enabled

Cheers mate!

Thank you very much cryptoguard, I really appreciate it and I've updated the matrix accordingly.   I suspect you have additional features which could mean more columns as well, but...babysteps Smiley
I will stay tuned on Particl as the website and documentation gets updated, and congrats on Segwit and your still very new exchange plaftform Smiley

I have always considered Particl (formerly SDC) to be one of the top Privacy contributors to cryptocurrency.   That said, this also means I hold Particl to a higher standard as well.   With that said, I do have two quick questions which I think clarity on them could be useful to those looking for privacy solutions.

1.  zkSnarks....   What's the status on these?  Certainly not looking to create an issue here, just wondering if these, or some other zero knowledge solution is on the roadmap.  I was under the impression SDC at one time had zkSnarks.  Like you say, there is a lot of misinformation so I could have been mistaken.

2.   If, in the future, Particl must choose between:

-A  timely platform or bitcoin core upgrade (of Segwit proportions) and temporary disabling their privacy/anon features
         OR
        -Delaying the upgrade, until it is 100% compatible with existing privacy/anon features

Which choice do you believe Particl will be more committed to going forward?     

I ask, because an uninterupted and long-term commitment to privacy is an absolute requirement to many who value these features
    (otherwise there is little or no point to them at all, and they could even contribute to dangerous or harmful situations).

Thank you kindly cryptoguard, I really appreciate the info and the update!

Glad to be of help! As for your 2 questions:

1) ZkSnarks are not on the roadmap for the foreseeable future, but not necessarily thrown out of the window neither. Our agnostic approach to development means the Particl platform is easy to upgrade and integrate various protocols to it. But to be short, not on the roadmap.

2) If a situation happens where we must choose between delaying the release of a product or temporarily disable privacy features (or establish temporary measures that reduce decentralization), we would never hesitate and we would delay the product. We have in our mission to never make any compromise in terms of privacy and decentralization. These two values are at the absolute core of our project, and is the reason why our RingCT protocol and platform code is currently under review and testing at the NJIT University Department of Technology. Everyone in the team is on the same beat on this one, privacy and decentralization is in our DNA and is the most important aspect of our project bar none! I guess we could say that in that regards, we are privacy and crypto purists.

EDIT: As for being contributors in the privacy space, we are discussing ways we could help projects like the EFF, Tor Project, TAILS, Qubes, and etc using our Proof-of-Stake mechanism/incentivized nodes. We also have a community that cares a lot about these issues, so going forward we hope to use our platform to help better the security and privacy world Smiley
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:08:03 AM

Glad to be of help! As for your 2 questions:

1) ZkSnarks are not on the roadmap for the foreseeable future, but not necessarily thrown out of the window neither. Our agnostic approach to development means the Particl platform is easy to upgrade and integrate various protocols to it. But to be short, not on the roadmap.

2) If a situation happens where we must choose between delaying the release of a product or temporarily disable privacy features (or establish temporary measures that reduce decentralization), we would never hesitate and we would delay the product. We have in our mission to never make any compromise in terms of privacy and decentralization. These two values are at the absolute core of our project, and is the reason why our RingCT protocol and platform code is currently under review and testing at the NJIT University Department of Technology. Everyone in the team is on the same beat on this one, privacy and decentralization is in our DNA and is the most important aspect of our project bar none! I guess we could say that in that regards, we are privacy and crypto purists.

EDIT: As for being contributors in the privacy space, we are discussing ways we could help projects like the EFF, Tor Project, TAILS, Qubes, and etc using our Proof-of-Stake mechanism/incentivized nodes. We also have a community that cares a lot about these issues, so going forward we hope to use our platform to help better the security and privacy world Smiley

Great answers, and very helpful cryptoguard.   Thank you very much for the contributions and insight, I really appreciate it!
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:10:37 AM

No problem and thank you for your research! Makes me learn a couple of things about other coins as well  Grin
ausbob

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:47:15 AM

SafeCoin, Lux (https://luxcore.io/features.php) uses Coinjoin, just like Dash. An easy add to your list.

Good work on this, really useful to have a complete list of anon coins.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:52:21 AM

unless i missed something i could have swore there was no minimum requirement of cloak you need to hold to get the 6% annually.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:18:01 AM

SafeCoin, Lux (https://luxcore.io/features.php) uses Coinjoin, just like Dash. An easy add to your list.

Good work on this, really useful to have a complete list of anon coins.

Added!  Interesting new coin, thank you Smiley
matsusomoto

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:02:02 AM

XSPEC is my new bet to the new privacy coins,it is a good project to invest in and the developers are active.

changesl

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

Damn, thanks for your effort
Grteat chart.. Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
paololuk

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:35:22 AM

I don't know if somebody already suggest BitcoinZ (BTCZ).
https://btcz.rocks/en/
Miner2525

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

2018 will be very interesting for private/anonymous coins.  I intend to keep this updated and improve on it, so please let me know if you have suggestions/feedback/corrections.

Your chart heading is cut off.  Looks like a bunch of duplicate columns which I'm sure isn't the intent.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 12:49:46 PM

Your chart heading is cut off.  Looks like a bunch of duplicate columns which I'm sure isn't the intent.

Good catch, thanks!  fixed
TSVHoff

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:16:01 PM

Just thanking again SafeCoins for this amazing work!
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:23:21 PM

Good job!this chart is amazing i can recognize which coin is better,my bet in new privacy coins would be XSPEC!
Miner2525

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:14:44 PM

ZenCash doesn't have "mixing masternodes".  Nodes will use regular TLS for end-to-end security so the indication belongs under "Protection".  It does little good to have inter-node traffic for zk-snarks, mixing or hiding completely transparent and sniffable.  The NSA hardly has a problem inferring and reconstructing origins and destinations with that kind of publically-available data.
Lock$mith

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

Awesome work thanks for pulling this together  Grin
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:48 PM

b. Privacy
    c) Security

How come that you excluded AEON that is the second most prosperous anonymous coin?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:58:53 PM

ZenCash doesn't have "mixing masternodes".  Nodes will use regular TLS for end-to-end security so the indication belongs under "Protection".  It does little good to have inter-node traffic for zk-snarks, mixing or hiding completely transparent and sniffable.  The NSA hardly has a problem inferring and reconstructing origins and destinations with that kind of publically-available data.

Thank you Miner2525, I appreciate it.

If you have a specific suggestion of how I might alter the matrix to better reflect that point, let me know and I'll look into it.    If I move masternodes over to protection, I move All masternodes over to protection.    It would be a bit of a mess, athough it would have some validity to it.

When I put the matrix together, not knowing Zencash/Zcash didn't mix, I still did assume that it would be obvious that coins with zero knowledge proof had redundancy in any mixing functions.  So to me, the masternodes was just an extra to the main feature of ZKP coins.   I could definitely clarify.

But before I do that, I have to ask a question....why wouldn't you mix?   Other than because zcash obviously didn't either?   It's true, masternodes didn't originally mix, and were there more for network protection.  But nowadays, isn't mixing sort of part and parcel with most masternodes?

You have made a really good point here I'll have to think about.  But I don't want to get ahead of myself unless there's a good reason Not to mix.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:04:30 PM

DeepOnion is still in developement stage, it has several more features which are going to be implemented during the roadmap, such as the DeepSend feature.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:16:21 PM

How come that you excluded AEON that is the second most prosperous anonymous coin?

Hey Febo,

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it, and AEON has been added Smiley

Two reasons why:

1.  This matrix has very little to do with market cap, and a Lot to do with technology

2.   I messaged the AEON thread and nobody got back to me until you (thank you)  Smiley

Please have a look and let me know if any of the features or roadmap items need adjusting

cheers
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:22:17 PM

DeepOnion is still in developement stage, it has several more features which are going to be implemented during the roadmap, such as the DeepSend feature.

err......thank...you ...for the suggestion?

I actually had DeepSend listed as an implemented feature....I have now moved it back to roadmap lol....

Great coin...I just need this thing to be as accurate as possible....let me know if you have any other roadmap feautures you would like added and I will gladly compensate!
Miner2525

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:28:18 PM

If you have a specific suggestion of how I might alter the matrix to better reflect that point, let me know and I'll look into it.    If I move masternodes over to protection, I move All masternodes over to protection.    It would be a bit of a mess, athough it would have some validity to it.

When I put the matrix together, not knowing Zencash/Zcash didn't mix, I still did assume that it would be obvious that coins with zero knowledge proof had redundancy in any mixing functions.  So to me, the masternodes was just an extra to the main feature of ZKP coins.   I could definitely clarify.

But before I do that, I have to ask a question....why wouldn't you mix?   Other than because zcash obviously didn't either?   It's true, masternodes didn't originally mix, and were there more for network protection.  But nowadays, isn't mixing sort of part and parcel with most masternodes?

You have made a really good point here I'll have to think about.  But I don't want to get ahead of myself unless there's a good reason Not to mix.

Just add a TLS column under "Protection" because I'm sure it'll be a new trend as other "privacy" blockchains slap their foreheads with their hands; and move "Secnodes" out of the Masternodes column.

Masternodes have nothing to do with privacy intrinsically and mixing/hiding has nothing to do with node-to-node security.  Privacy can be a byproduct of security but within context of public blockchains, security applied on a choice of transparent or zksnarked blockchain entries is a separate layer.
Bibi187

Activity: 420

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:03:42 AM

Hey SafeCoins Wink

DeepOnion Team just released White Paper, they project to add Mixing with multisignature transaction via "DeepSend" for Q2 - 2018, Zero-Knowledge protocol will be also added to after Q3 - 2018, date is not fixed yet.

https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf

Thanks to add update to your table Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:26:35 AM

Just add a TLS column under "Protection" because I'm sure it'll be a new trend as other "privacy" blockchains slap their foreheads with their hands; and move "Secnodes" out of the Masternodes column.

Masternodes have nothing to do with privacy intrinsically and mixing/hiding has nothing to do with node-to-node security.  Privacy can be a byproduct of security but within context of public blockchains, security applied on a choice of transparent or zksnarked blockchain entries is a separate layer.

You've brought some valuable insight here, and while I prefer brevity where possible, you have forced me into a situation where it makes sense to have an additional column for masternodes which are purely protection based.   Please have a look and let me know what you think.

That said, I have some obligation to take exception to any slander of the other privacy coins, and from a logical point of view, it is difficult/impossible to conceive that only one is truly dedicated to the cause.   I must then suggest an alternative reason why there is no mixing in Zcash, and thus Zencoin:    Can't do it.    Current implementation of your ZKP/Zksnark is far too slow to even consider implementation of other anon/privacy features which might be even remotely resource dependant.   That's ok, because I"m sure Jubjub-type solutions will be found to address this.  But that is no reason to slander coins who are taking a wait-and-see approach before their own implementations to ensure their existing functionality.  Just my thoughts.  And yes, I love the coin.

Information much appreciated Miner2525
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:29:34 AM

Hey SafeCoins Wink

DeepOnion Team just released White Paper, they project to add Mixing with multisignature transaction via "DeepSend" for Q2 - 2018, Zero-Knowledge protocol will be also added to after Q3 - 2018, date is not fixed yet.

https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf

Thanks to add update to your table Wink

Added!   Hope this helps, an at least evens things out (imho you have now improved DeepOnion's situation from previous).

Thank you very much for the valuable info!

tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:35:59 AM

Thanks for the work located in the first post, first. Once I hear privacy, only two coins come to my mind: Monero and Zcash. They're the dominating factors of the privacy blockchain. There are dozens of competitors on the market, but the greatest shares are belong to Monero and Zcash.
Mars1106

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:29:41 AM

SafeCoins,thanks!
ShamanicHarmonics

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:37:28 AM

Fantastic thread and chart, thanks very much SafeCoins!

I 've recently been researching privacy coins as well and saw most of the players already mentioned in the thread or in the chart. There are a few of note that I saw that are interesting;

Electra (ECA) - https://electraproject.org/

ALQO - https://alqo.org/

Kore - http://kore.life/

SWIPP - http://www.swippcoin.com/
theduuude

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:04:28 AM

KORE...the first coin to implement TOR nodes
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:47:47 AM

Fantastic thread and chart, thanks very much SafeCoins!

I 've recently been researching privacy coins as well and saw most of the players already mentioned in the thread or in the chart. There are a few of note that I saw that are interesting;

Electra (ECA) - https://electraproject.org/

ALQO - https://alqo.org/

Kore - http://kore.life/

SWIPP - http://www.swippcoin.com/

Thank you very much for the suggetsions ShamanicHarmonics, here is what I found, please feel free to educate/correct me:

Electra (ECA) - https://electraproject.org/     While they might have atomic swapping or plans for it, I don't see anything involving privacy or anonymity?

ALQO - https://alqo.org/   While they have masternodes, I don't see anything involving privacy or anonymity?

Kore - http://kore.life/  Adding.   And I will ask their community to correct me on specific features.

SWIPP - http://www.swippcoin.com/    Hmm...dash fork?  We have a lot of those.  Does it have any of its own privacy related features that separate it from what it forked form?  I can contact the community

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:00:06 AM

I guess that the only coin 100% anonymous out there is blackbytes, which is so anonymous that cannot even be traded in centralized exchanges.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
carap

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:42:07 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 12:04:42 PM by carap

...Here is a brief summary of my first glance.   I will have to whittle away at this with everyone's help:

Awesome work! Thank you for your analysis, I found it very useful and I assume we should move it to the top of this discussion! Together with your other revisions of suggested coins. That should help to prevent other participants from suggesting same coins again and again.

Electra (ECA) - https://electraproject.org/     While they might have atomic swapping or plans for it, I don't see anything involving privacy or anonymity?

ALQO - https://alqo.org/   While they have masternodes, I don't see anything involving privacy or anonymity?

Kore - http://kore.life/  Adding.   And I will ask their community to correct me on specific features.

SWIPP - http://www.swippcoin.com/    Hmm...dash fork?  We have a lot of those.  Does it have any of its own privacy related features that separate it from what it forked form?  I can contact the community

I think it is a great format to mention all possible numerous forks.

Miner2525

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

You've brought some valuable insight here, and while I prefer brevity where possible, you have forced me into a situation where it makes sense to have an additional column for
masternodes which are purely protection based.   Please have a look and let me know what you think.

It makes no sense now to have a Masternodes column under Security.  Get your head out of the privacy/masternodes box and think of what security means at the software and hardware levels in the real-world where transactions need to be hacker-proof.  You use TLS everyday on the web for vulnerable transactions (e.g. https).

Mixing is a privacy feature.  Masternodes is just one of many ways to accomplish that.  So Masternodes with that feature is but a subset or a type under the mixing category.

Traffic encryption is a security feature.  TLS is just one of many way to accomplish that.  So TLS is also a subset or a type under the security category.

This is my third time attempting to explain, so if you still don't get it, aargh!  Sad
carap

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:02:32 PM

Probably I wasn't precise enough in explaining why I made this suggestion. When we are talking about privacy/security focused coins, its de-/centralization becomes an integral part of it. When I think about security I also assume the safety of my funds in the broad sense. I personally don't believe in coins that can't be mined, since it breaks the equality principle, up for me it means centralization, concentration in hands of specific group of people, issuers of that coin. IMO non-minable coins are closer to the dollar and FRS, rather than to bitcoin and crypto in general. May be it's only I who see things this way.

Probably I'm overestimating the importance of this aspect and you don't feel like adding an extra column just for that. But what if we expand it to the general column about Mining? There we can mention whenever the coin is minable, ASIC-resistant, botnet resistant, etc (or simply mention the current mining algo if any).
For example, ZCoin developers are working hard on their MTP-algo that is purposefully memory intensive making XZC ASIC/Botnet resistant.

SafeCoins, I'm interested to hear your opinion on that.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:21:32 PM

KORE...the first coin to implement TOR nodes

My reach-out to the Kore community was deleted by the op, no reason given.   Unfortunate, and a first.   I have the features I am able to identify for this coin in the matrix, if there are more, please let me know.

thanks
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:23:53 PM

I think it is a great format to mention all possible numerous forks.

Thanks carap!  I appreciate the feedback and I will stick with this format.  The matrix is of course updated but I also think it's helpful to have a bit of a log.  Certainly doensn't mean I'm 100% right, or that it is the final word.  But that's the best understanding as of that timestamp.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

Very well ,finally a good comparison between these privacy coins,XMR is too old and outdated we need something new and advanced like XSPEC.

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 09:13:04 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 10:08:15 PM by SafeCoins

You've brought some valuable insight here, and while I prefer brevity where possible, you have forced me into a situation where it makes sense to have an additional column for
masternodes which are purely protection based.   Please have a look and let me know what you think.

It makes no sense now to have a Masternodes column under Security.  Get your head out of the privacy/masternodes box and think of what security means at the software and hardware levels in the real-world where transactions need to be hacker-proof.  You use TLS everyday on the web for vulnerable transactions (e.g. https).

Mixing is a privacy feature.  Masternodes is just one of many ways to accomplish that.  So Masternodes with that feature is but a subset or a type under the mixing category.

Traffic encryption is a security feature.  TLS is just one of many way to accomplish that.  So TLS is also a subset or a type under the security category.

This is my third time attempting to explain, so if you still don't get it, aargh!  Sad

Okay Smiley

I'm doing my best to work with you on this.  I certainly don't know everything.  You bring up a lot of great points but I need to ask that you consider there may be more than one perspective on it.

Mixing:   Is it an Anonymity feature or a Privacy feature?   There is no perfect answer.   If implemented as intended, I have opted for "Anonymous" because the information on the transaction is actually (or is intended to be) Lost to the world, with the exception of the Sender and Receiver (who also have very limited info on it).    The information is, ideally, even lost to the network itself, and cannot be retrieved.   The theoretical loss of this transactional information....is why I put it as "Anonymous".      Now, I understand your perspective that the above explanation may or may not be entirely mathematically sound, and thus you see it more as obfusciation.    And you have a point, but it is clearly doing more at a practical level than just putting up a wall that can be taken down with the right credentials.

I will leave mixing as "Anonymous" for now with consideration to the blur and feedback from others.

Masternodes:   Ok, so I will take masternodes out of security because I never entirely liked it there either.  It was only there because you insisted it was a form of "protection".   The problem with categorizing masternodes is that they can serve more than one purpose, depending on their implementation.

I need to make one thing clear on here though, so there is no confusion:  Most masternodes have security as an objective, which is accomplished both by strengthening the network, and by mixing.     Zencash/Zclassic are actually perfect examples of this.    Their entire networks were both brought down to their knees earlier this year by a replay attack, which could have easily been prevented by the simplest of mixing techniques.    I might suggest that the general attitude of "zerocash solves everything" likely led to this security vulnerability.  I will say that both communities responded professionally, with updates, and affected investors were compensated for their losses.   Thus being listed on Bittrex.

So while I will take masternodes out of the security category, I do so making it clear that this is still a major purpose of most said implementations (although perhaps less relevant to this particular topic).  

"Traffic Encryption":   That would be a pretty good column....the only problem is that all cryptocurrency has some form of this.  I certainly like the TLS approach, to be honest.  

-------------------

So, this is a complicated reply.   But I need to keep that matrix as simple as possible.   So here's what I'll propose:

•     We both agree that masternodes don't really belong in Security, even if most implementations do provide that.      So that column is gone.    
  •    Mixing to stay as "Anonymous" for now, but I remain open to alternatives and recognise in this thread that this is very debatable.
  •    TLS, and Traffic Encryption:   For now, since all coins have this, I'm not creating a separate column because I want this to be simple, and quite frankly encryption methods aren't that.

I WILL give ZenCash a "Yes" for Masternodes, and describe their implementation as "TLS Non-Mix".
          While I doubt you will be entirely happy with this, I do believe it is at least an improvement on properly describing Zencash's implementation.
          Colored green to emphasize that the TLS may be arguably equivalent, and/or better, than true mixing.   And Zencash would know, after its replay attack Wink

It's not a perfect solution but it's an honest effort.    I know you see it differently, but I guarantee you if I did it exactly like you wanted there would be three times as many offended community members on here from coins that Haven't had replay attacks and have stood the test of time, and I'm not convinced the matrix would be any more accurate.

soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

Subbing to read and watch. I've been compiling a list like this myself.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
kokopopz

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:37:05 PM

Thank you for your time invested in this comparisson, much appreciated!!

I believe adding an extra feature "marketplace" would also be nice.
Afther all, these coins are made to be spent, so I think a platform for anomymous trade is a very good feature.

This especialy now the deep web is being overrun by LE and all major markets where shut down.
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:08:20 PM

b. Privacy
    c) Security

https://i.imgur.com/W1iG5Uq.png

I like what you are doing here and I appreciate the effort! Info dump on the coin I’m most knowledgeable about...

Komodo Platform is a privacy platform, zCash fork. Think Ethereum meets zCash. Think ‘the Linux of blockchain.’

All of the following features already exist, GUI always being improved
BarterDEX - dApp, Atomic swap decentralized exchange featuring 80+ bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies
Agama multiwallet - dApp, manage 80+ coins with one smart address
SPV electrum servers - no need to download entire blockchain to manage wallet or make atomic swaps
Jumblr - dApp, integrated zK-SNARK coin mixer, end-user can mix any 80+ coins gaining zK-SNARK privacy/anonymity
Decentralized ICO - create assetchain on Komodo Platform, invest and receive asset immediately, no 3rd party
Assetchains - native blockchain, notorized onto Komodo blockchain with dPoW
dPoW - notorizes assetchains onto Komodo and Komodo onto Bitcoin, granting Komodo and all assetchains a bonus level of security from Bitcoin’s hashrate

Summary: Manage compatible bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies (80+) with Agama multiwallet using one passphrase (wallet seed). One address is the root of individual, unique smart addresses for each featured coin. Plug the phrase into BarterDEX, and boom, your funds are available to trade directly with your peers via Atomic swap. You can pair any of the 80+ featured coins with each other (6400+ pairs?) Electrum servers for coins allow you to manage your funds and trade without downloading the blockchain. Jumblr is integrated with Agama. Jumbl (mix) ANY of the 80+ featured coins with zK-SNARK-enabled KMD, providing anonymity and privacy to every featured coin.

Links
Komodo Website: https://Komodo platform.com/en
Slack: https://komodoplatform.com/en/slack-invite
November AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/7eqtq4/komodo_team_november_ama_please_post_question/
October AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/76iut8/second_monthly_komodo_ama/
September AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/6zf2sk/komodo_platforms_first_monthly_reddit_ama/
--- WHITEPAPERS ---
Jumblr WP: https://komodo.ocloud.de/index.php/s/xAygy0RlNWGHEMy#pdfviewer
BarterDEX WP: https://komodo.ocloud.de/index.php/s/lwdiBny0IkH3vxa#pdfviewer
dPOW WP: https://komodoplatform.com/en/technology/whitepapers/delayed-proof-of-work-dpow
Decentralized Fiat Currencies WP: https://komodoplatform.com/en/technology/whitepapers/decentralized-fiat-currencies
Monaize (first dICO) Lightpaper: https://www.monaize.com/assets/pdf/monaize_lightpaper.pdf
Miner2525

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:08:52 PM

It's not a perfect solution but it's an honest effort.    I know you see it differently, but I guarantee you if I did it exactly like you wanted there would be three times as many offended community members on here from coins that Haven't had replay attacks and have stood the test of time, and I'm not convinced the matrix would be any more accurate.

I think maybe I took the TLS too far out of context.  The point of the SecureNodes seems to be for "communication and publishing privacy".  May or may not be that novel.  What other privacy coin nodes/masternodes require SSL certificates for security?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:12:34 PM

Subbing to read and watch. I've been compiling a list like this myself.

Thanks, let me know if you think there should be changes here.   Will do my best
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:23:19 PM

Afther all, these coins are made to be spent, so I think a platform for anomymous trade is a very good feature.

This especialy now the deep web is being overrun by LE and all major markets where shut down.

Thank you kokopopz,

I think you're the third person to suggest "marketplace".... So ok...I'll add it haha...but I could use some help coming up with the right "name" for it.

First of all we have to know what the objective is.    I'll throw one out:   To allow private, anonymous, peer-to-peer , and "legal" exchange of goods.   (?)

"legal" is an aweful term...everything's legal somewhere, and everything is illegal somewhere else.   By "legal", I'm implying that it is legal in most developed countries.   And, hopefully, would be the most minimal risk to most users.

Now of course, even the most compliant solution will have legal implications in some places, and as such it should be built to protect the users.   Ie., an otherwise marketplace for Venezuelans to get basic medicine.

Things like account balances can be dangerous.

My concern with the terms "marketplace" and "exchange" is that these are things which are often shut down.    Maybe we have to use that term.  If anyone can think of a better one let me know
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:32:20 PM

I think maybe I took the TLS too far out of context.  The point of the SecureNodes seems to be for "communication and publishing privacy".  May or may not be that novel.  What other privacy coin nodes/masternodes require SSL certificates for security?

I think it could be a unique, or very rare feature...I like it.   Encrypted transactions is of course implied in all the coins, even bitcoin, if you exclude the masternodes part of it.

I think it's a great way of mitigating risks of using masternodes.   And just generally, TLS seems like a great idea.

I'd like to do a comparison but I'd have to get a better sense of what kind of encryption each coin uses in its transactions and with its masternodes.    The threads in here are littered with info on their hashing algorithms for mining, but far less on transaction specific information.   That would be really good to have.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:27:12 AM

I like what you are doing here and I appreciate the effort! Info dump on the coin I’m most knowledgeable about...

Komodo Platform is a privacy platform, zCash fork. Think Ethereum meets zCash. Think ‘the Linux of blockchain.’

All of the following features already exist, GUI always being improved
BarterDEX - dApp, Atomic swap decentralized exchange featuring 80+ bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies
Agama multiwallet - dApp, manage 80+ coins with one smart address
SPV electrum servers - no need to download entire blockchain to manage wallet or make atomic swaps
Jumblr - dApp, integrated zK-SNARK coin mixer, end-user can mix any 80+ coins gaining zK-SNARK privacy/anonymity
Decentralized ICO - create assetchain on Komodo Platform, invest and receive asset immediately, no 3rd party
Assetchains - native blockchain, notorized onto Komodo blockchain with dPoW
dPoW - notorizes assetchains onto Komodo and Komodo onto Bitcoin, granting Komodo and all assetchains a bonus level of security from Bitcoin’s hashrate

Summary: Manage compatible bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies (80+) with Agama multiwallet using one passphrase (wallet seed). One address is the root of individual, unique smart addresses for each featured coin. Plug the phrase into BarterDEX, and boom, your funds are available to trade directly with your peers via Atomic swap. You can pair any of the 80+ featured coins with each other (6400+ pairs?) Electrum servers for coins allow you to manage your funds and trade without downloading the blockchain. Jumblr is integrated with Agama. Jumbl (mix) ANY of the 80+ featured coins with zK-SNARK-enabled KMD, providing anonymity and privacy to every featured coin.

Links
Komodo Website: https://Komodo platform.com/en
Slack: https://komodoplatform.com/en/slack-invite
November AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/7eqtq4/komodo_team_november_ama_please_post_question/
October AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/76iut8/second_monthly_komodo_ama/
September AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/6zf2sk/komodo_platforms_first_monthly_reddit_ama/
--- WHITEPAPERS ---
Jumblr WP: https://komodo.ocloud.de/index.php/s/xAygy0RlNWGHEMy#pdfviewer
BarterDEX WP: https://komodo.ocloud.de/index.php/s/lwdiBny0IkH3vxa#pdfviewer
dPOW WP: https://komodoplatform.com/en/technology/whitepapers/delayed-proof-of-work-dpow
Decentralized Fiat Currencies WP: https://komodoplatform.com/en/technology/whitepapers/decentralized-fiat-currencies
Monaize (first dICO) Lightpaper: https://www.monaize.com/assets/pdf/monaize_lightpaper.pdf

Thank you very much naKomodo!

Much appreciated, those are some fantastic features.
Bibi187

Activity: 420

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 01:57:19 AM

I really appreciate to read your thread Wink

I thing this last try is the good one!

A nice comparative table is always needed.

I will share this one where i can when i assume you finish it.

Let people know about it etc ...

Anyway thanks for your work.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:15:30 AM

great work you've started here man! a table of comparisons is always nice to see, specially when newbies are flocking in and contemplating on where to place their money on.

Madychoux

Activity: 212

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:19:59 AM

Great thread, I appreciate it, just wanted to thank you as it's a very nice initiative and a really good job  Cool
unknownMe

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:36:28 AM

I'm missing VIAcoin, check https://viacoin.org for their white paper and stuff!
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:43:11 PM

Thank you unkownMe,

I checked it out, looks like a nice coin, but does not appear to have any anonymity enhancements.
shinhurr

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:53:45 PM

Great thread, I appreciate it, just wanted to thank you as it's a very nice initiative and a really good job  Cool

Indeed, great job... I was thinking of doing something like that but I do not have the necessary knowhow to do so and it seems like a lot of work.
One of the oldest coins named 'Anoncoin' does not seem to be there. I already informed the devs about your thread.
(they are mainly focused on development and less on marketing)
criminalbee

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:48:36 PM

I know some coins in terms of anonymity, one thing i know is that Monero is the one who is widely use in darkweb. If im going to invest i would prefer a coin that is widely use like bitcoin.
coldflame821

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:06:38 PM

b. Privacy
    c) Security

Great post! I believe the security and anonymity is still a big problem nowadays, so I guess the coins with such features will dominate in the future.

I've put my faith into DeepOnion since they offer a lot of additional features besides anonymity (Tor integration) and security, such as DeepVault etc. We will see where they can get.
cryptopan

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

Good read,you just saved me a lot of hours of researching to what privacy coin should i invest in.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
unknownMe

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:32:05 PM

Thank you unkownMe,

I checked it out, looks like a nice coin, but does not appear to have any anonymity enhancements.

So far I know it has Tor integrated, transaction trickle and Styx is nearly finished (looking at the Roadmap)
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:36:10 PM

Great comparison between the old and the new privacy coins,now its clear who will be the next XMR.

kokopopz

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:40:11 PM

Thank you kokopopz,

I think you're the third person to suggest "marketplace".... So ok...I'll add it haha...but I could use some help coming up with the right "name" for it.

First of all we have to know what the objective is.    I'll throw one out:   To allow private, anonymous, peer-to-peer , and "legal" exchange of goods.   (?)

"legal" is an aweful term...everything's legal somewhere, and everything is illegal somewhere else.   By "legal", I'm implying that it is legal in most developed countries.   And, hopefully, would be the most minimal risk to most users.

Now of course, even the most compliant solution will have legal implications in some places, and as such it should be built to protect the users.   Ie., an otherwise marketplace for Venezuelans to get basic medicine.

Things like account balances can be dangerous.

My concern with the terms "marketplace" and "exchange" is that these are things which are often shut down.    Maybe we have to use that term.  If anyone can think of a better one let me know

How about "e-commerce platform"?
Like you said legality is a very relative concept. So I think you should leave it out of you definition.
That is why an anonymous marketplace is such a beautifull thing, it disables centralized state intervention. In my opinion this is in line with the original intention of bitcoin and all coins on your list. The main purpose of anonymity is maintaining independance and preventing third party medling from other people AND the authorities. So I would not worry too much about the law when discussing anonymous money Smiley
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:02:11 PM

very nice thread. thank you. though perhaps by accident or whatnot anoncoin (ANC) isnt mentioned here. this might be a surprise to most but its very first anonymous coin that got released in 2013. still going strong & is being developed flying low under the radar. at the moment the blockchain is running in i2p, new features are being developed as the team is actively back onto it, so this year hopefully will see some movement in that area..
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:04:44 PM

We can all the differences between the old and the new privacy coins,this is great we just need to delist the one who are overvalued in the market.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:45:04 PM

I just stumbled upon this thread while searching for some undervalued privacy coins and wow I'm really amazed with what you did here, thank you so much for sharing this information and breaking out each of the coin's features this way. You really did help me save a lot of time in my research for my next investment. I really believe that this year will be the year for privacy coins. I've seen a huge interest coming from these kind of projects and I myself am a big fan of this ever since monero was released to the public and when raiblocks moon, I knew that coins with these features will be the next big thing and as a cyrptocurrency enthusiast I honestly think that having coins like this is very beneficial to a lot of users and will really help with the decentralization of the market. Privacy coins are a must to have especially at times like this when privacy is becoming more of a necessity than something we all posses.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
shinhurr

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:50:51 PM

Does someone have an idea how Anoncoin (ANC) compares to these?
They barely don't do any marketing but are developing again since recently.

AndersNiggelson

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:47:40 PM

I am not an Expert but will try to tell you what I was able to find out.

Anoncoin (ANC) can be used with TOR and I2P. It has quite a nice pre-built package which includes Invisible Internet Project (I2P) out of the box which is nice for beginners.

Concerning coin ownership "first features would be stealth addresses and ring signatures". I hope this helps.
ac1905

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:01:45 AM

I'd like to see ANON $ANC compared to the other ones please

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/anoncoin/
boyjackyou

Activity: 301

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:55:05 AM

This is great,now the new alts has more advanec technology than existing privacy coins,i wonder what coin would replace XMR's position?

ac1905

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:48:21 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 03:58:29 AM by ac1905

Verge is not a doge coin fork, it's a Peer Coin fork
opennera

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:57:47 AM

I think you should check Zoin (ZOI). Zoin has many update on Q1 2018 and mcap < 50mm
shinhurr

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:27:27 PM

Monero will never be in danger of anything. Any Monero clone or other coin can do whatever they want but they will never pace with amount Monero development. Monero have 300 contributors to the code, well actually we will soon hear the 2017 report. Developers are all that matters. Other coins can only copy past if they can at all.  They are more then welcomed, because the more the merrier.

I do wonder whether 300 developers can accomplish so much more than a few very bright developers tbh. Software does not necessarily become better or development time does not necessarily go down if you have more developers..
The main thing you need is to align your team for a roadmap, where are you going, which anonymity features will you focus on. You need technical ideas. As far as I heard from talking to devs, the implementations are not extremely complicated. As in all software and if you compare it to software companies.. often a piece of software just grows too big to be competitive with the new small startups or in this case small teams with new ideas who just develop it completely different from the ground up. Do not forget that if a coin is launched, you often are limited with what you can change afterwards.

There is always a risk in software that someone else does better.. And usually the actual revolutionary new thing comes from a very small team.
shinhurr

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:31:54 PM

Anoncoin (ANC) can be used with TOR and I2P. It has quite a nice pre-built package which includes Invisible Internet Project (I2P) out of the box which is nice for beginners.

Concerning coin ownership "first features would be stealth addresses and ring signatures". I hope this helps.

Nice thank you,
btw, as far as I know (I might be quoting them wrong), the anoncoin developers also believe that tor is a risk to be used for anonymity. Since it also hides all possible fraude. While I2P has less 'exit points' I think they called it and is therefore less prone to fraude. Why, I don't know. Smiley. If anyone can explain in more detail or correct me, feel free.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

Well i am watching xspec very carefully because i believe it will give us the most anonimity in our transactions.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:27:34 AM

Thank you, I will get this updated this weekend, much appreciated.
Rebis.333

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:32:38 PM

GoByte (GBX) is an interesting private coin with excellent Masternode ROI. 

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gobyte/
Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:59:37 AM

I myself am interested in anonymous crypto-currencies and recently came across one project, which seemed to me very promising. You have it in the table. This is KORE (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096416.0)
Who studied the project deeper? Your opinion?
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

Well, finally, a good comparison between these coins of confidentiality, XMR is too outdated and outdated, we need something new and advanced, like XSPEC. Smiley
billswk

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:49:55 PM

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) has the best integration with the Tor Network and some key features for the Darknet.
I do hold XSPEC, and will buy more, the project is undervaluated.
BigBitNoob

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:45:06 PM

it looks like XSPEC might be the winner so far for me.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

XSpec is truly revolutionary , ringsigs sans cryptonote.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
benv666

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:35:57 PM

Yesterday I bought my first bunch of XSPEC. I find the coin very promising featurewise, but I must say the wallets still feel very buggy. Hopefully that will improve soon.
Must add that I love the cold staking concept that they added, messing around with that now on a RPI3 Smiley
bitesquina

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:33:21 PM

b. Privacy
    c) Security

Awesome work, SafeCoins !

If you don't mind a suggestion, it would be nice to have a column telling if all transactions are private or there may be non-private (transparate) transactions. It is a feature having pros (transparency may be interesting in some cases) and cons (if few people use the privacy feature of the coin, it exposes the private users)
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:23:23 AM

Awesome work, SafeCoins !

If you don't mind a suggestion, it would be nice to have a column telling if all transactions are private or there may be non-private (transparate) transactions. It is a feature having pros (transparency may be interesting in some cases) and cons (if few people use the privacy feature of the coin, it exposes the private users)

That's a really good point, I will add it this weekend.   I am temporarily separated from my trusty spreadsheet but I'll add this, as well as marketplace coins, on friday/sat this week.    On top of my head I think basically all cryptonote coins are privacy based by default, and basically all others (?) that I can think of are dual mode (for better or worse).

Any exceptions to that I'm missing?
H0dLer

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:28 AM

Wait for Xspec train after the defult stealth adress integration  Roll Eyes
hinterland

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:55:32 AM

Great thread, Monero and DeepOnion for me. IMO it's still far too early to determine which will be the best, however the concept of anonymity is second to none.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:11:45 PM

The problem with xspec is that it is too anonymous in that no-one has ever heard of it! The project has been around for a long time but has zero marketing. Deeponion has already surpassed xspec 6 months after launch due to their superior marketing strategies. I guess it's a simple case of what is worth more to an investor - a better product or better marketing campaign? If the coin has the same features as xspec and same marketing as deeponion this will go to the moon!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
vovannovig2

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:58:55 PM

XSPEC and ZOIN = My choice
pvk444

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:17:04 PM

The problem with xspec is that it is too anonymous in that no-one has ever heard of it! The project has been around for a long time but has zero marketing. Deeponion has already surpassed xspec 6 months after launch due to their superior marketing strategies. I guess it's a simple case of what is worth more to an investor - a better product or better marketing campaign? If the coin has the same features as xspec and same marketing as deeponion this will go to the moon!

I tend to agree with the view that XSPEC has a rather weak marketing. Will change hopefully soon. However, once privacy and anonymity becomes a dominating factor to buy into a coin, rather than only looking at the investment return, then XSPEC will excel automatically.
size_m

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:39:37 AM

what about linda?
isn't linda also a privacy coin?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:46:06 AM

Well,

Change is inevitable.   

I am no longer unbiased, and thus can no longer continue this comparison fairly.  If anyone wants my spreadsheet to edit, etc, and wants to continue a comparison, I can send it to you.

After careful research, I have started my own privacy coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838370
bosian

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:55:28 AM

Deeponion has obfs4, meek and encrypted messages, trhe comparison table needs some update
uobaaagrf

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:57:42 AM

Well, finally, a good comparison between these coins of confidentiality, XMR is too outdated and outdated, we need something new and advanced, like XSPEC. Smiley
However, I did not see XSPEC has a very powerful person ah. Its technical strength should be weaker than XZC, zcash.

Elchi

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:09:42 PM

Any News of our privacy Tech?
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:28:11 PM

I dream about a world in which absolutely all transactions (except for example the expenditure of our taxes with you) are absolutely untraceable. It's just a fairy tale
Elchi

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:07:31 AM

we should record bitcoin private in the table or?
snazir
Copper Member

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:57:39 AM

The Market for these coins are Limited, And those likely to be interested are already involved. It Would be nice to have a column telling if all Transactions are private or there may be non-private  Transactions. Privacy coins Everyday, But had no idea there were so Many. this helps separate the winners from the Losers. i Would Really appreciate your thoughts and input on this work in Progress;.

roos

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:00:51 AM

I have no idea what you are trying to say here, youre grammar is terrible.
But if you are saying that bitcoin should be added in the list,
then you should think twice as bitcoin is no where near a private coin.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pvk444

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:12:26 AM

I have no idea what you are trying to say here, youre grammar is terrible.
But if you are saying that bitcoin should be added in the list,
then you should think twice as bitcoin is no where near a private coin.

No need to be condescending. Your spelling is also not quite up to par!

And Bitcoin Private IS a privacy coin implementing zk-SNARKS. Take your own advice, and think twice before posting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: