Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymity, Security and Privacy: Anonymous Cryptocurrency Enhancement Comparsion  (Read 2973 times)
shinhurr

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:31:54 PM

Does someone have an idea how Anoncoin (ANC) compares to these?
They barely don't do any marketing but are developing again since recently.

I am not an Expert but will try to tell you what I was able to find out.

Anoncoin (ANC) can be used with TOR and I2P. It has quite a nice pre-built package which includes Invisible Internet Project (I2P) out of the box which is nice for beginners.

Concerning coin ownership "first features would be stealth addresses and ring signatures". I hope this helps.

Nice thank you,
btw, as far as I know (I might be quoting them wrong), the anoncoin developers also believe that tor is a risk to be used for anonymity. Since it also hides all possible fraude. While I2P has less 'exit points' I think they called it and is therefore less prone to fraude. Why, I don't know. Smiley. If anyone can explain in more detail or correct me, feel free.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

Well i am watching xspec very carefully because i believe it will give us the most anonimity in our transactions.
SafeCoins (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:27:34 AM

Does someone have an idea how Anoncoin (ANC) compares to these?
They barely don't do any marketing but are developing again since recently.

I am not an Expert but will try to tell you what I was able to find out.

Anoncoin (ANC) can be used with TOR and I2P. It has quite a nice pre-built package which includes Invisible Internet Project (I2P) out of the box which is nice for beginners.

Concerning coin ownership "first features would be stealth addresses and ring signatures". I hope this helps.

Thank you, I will get this updated this weekend, much appreciated.
Rebis.333

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:32:38 PM

GoByte (GBX) is an interesting private coin with excellent Masternode ROI. 

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gobyte/
Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:59:37 AM

I myself am interested in anonymous crypto-currencies and recently came across one project, which seemed to me very promising. You have it in the table. This is KORE (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096416.0)
Who studied the project deeper? Your opinion?
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

Well, finally, a good comparison between these coins of confidentiality, XMR is too outdated and outdated, we need something new and advanced, like XSPEC. Smiley
billswk

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:49:55 PM

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) has the best integration with the Tor Network and some key features for the Darknet.
I do hold XSPEC, and will buy more, the project is undervaluated.
BigBitNoob

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:45:06 PM

it looks like XSPEC might be the winner so far for me.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

XSpec is truly revolutionary , ringsigs sans cryptonote.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
benv666

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:35:57 PM

Yesterday I bought my first bunch of XSPEC. I find the coin very promising featurewise, but I must say the wallets still feel very buggy. Hopefully that will improve soon.
Must add that I love the cold staking concept that they added, messing around with that now on a RPI3 Smiley
bitesquina

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:33:21 PM

The following is an updated attempt to assess and evaluate:

1.   Enhancements/Protocols:

a. Anonymous Capabilities / Anonymity
    b. Privacy
    c) Security

2.   The coins that currently implement these features

Every will be made to assume none of these coins are a complete solution (yet).  Not because they're bad, but because a lot of the other comparison threads out there have been polarized toward one coin as the "solution with all the best end to end features".  

I would really appreciate your thoughts and input on this work in progress, so that together, we can make it even more complicated and unreadable.

https://i.imgur.com/W1iG5Uq.png

Anonymous, Privacy, and Security features are clearly all related to one another, yet in my mind are distinct:

Anonymous features ultimately aim for the holding and transacting of a commodity which both requires and releases zero identifying information.
              Buy a pizza.  No receipt, no exchange of information, no record of the pizza or you.
                    There are obvious legal implications to this, causing it to be a "dark" feature.
                          However, this slander assumes that the governing body itself is not "dark", or corrupt.   In many places in the world, Anonymity is a matter of life and death.
                          As such, Anonymity is a double edged sword, aiding both sinister and altruistic efforts.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

Privacy features aim to give ownership of identifying information to individuals/entities who hold or transact a commodity.
              Buy a pizza, there's a record of it but that record is for you (and potentially the pizza shop) only.
                    There is a legal arguement for privacy features.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_law

Security:  If you can hack the thing, you need not worry about Anonymity and Privacy.  Those are out.

Some other attempts at this:  

Full list of anonymous coins
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1025878.0

[DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985039.0

Privacy getting important: Verge or Spectrecoin or DeepOnion??
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2397519.0;all

Which cryptocurrency is most anonymous?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2157374.0

https://zcoin.io/zcoins-privacy-tec

Wondering about this one:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525344.0

Awesome work, SafeCoins !

If you don't mind a suggestion, it would be nice to have a column telling if all transactions are private or there may be non-private (transparate) transactions. It is a feature having pros (transparency may be interesting in some cases) and cons (if few people use the privacy feature of the coin, it exposes the private users)
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:23:23 AM

Awesome work, SafeCoins !

If you don't mind a suggestion, it would be nice to have a column telling if all transactions are private or there may be non-private (transparate) transactions. It is a feature having pros (transparency may be interesting in some cases) and cons (if few people use the privacy feature of the coin, it exposes the private users)

That's a really good point, I will add it this weekend.   I am temporarily separated from my trusty spreadsheet but I'll add this, as well as marketplace coins, on friday/sat this week.    On top of my head I think basically all cryptonote coins are privacy based by default, and basically all others (?) that I can think of are dual mode (for better or worse).

Any exceptions to that I'm missing?
H0dLer

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:28 AM

Wait for Xspec train after the defult stealth adress integration  Roll Eyes
hinterland

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:55:32 AM

Great thread, Monero and DeepOnion for me. IMO it's still far too early to determine which will be the best, however the concept of anonymity is second to none.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:11:45 PM

The problem with xspec is that it is too anonymous in that no-one has ever heard of it! The project has been around for a long time but has zero marketing. Deeponion has already surpassed xspec 6 months after launch due to their superior marketing strategies. I guess it's a simple case of what is worth more to an investor - a better product or better marketing campaign? If the coin has the same features as xspec and same marketing as deeponion this will go to the moon!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:58:55 PM

XSPEC and ZOIN = My choice
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:17:04 PM

The problem with xspec is that it is too anonymous in that no-one has ever heard of it! The project has been around for a long time but has zero marketing. Deeponion has already surpassed xspec 6 months after launch due to their superior marketing strategies. I guess it's a simple case of what is worth more to an investor - a better product or better marketing campaign? If the coin has the same features as xspec and same marketing as deeponion this will go to the moon!

I tend to agree with the view that XSPEC has a rather weak marketing. Will change hopefully soon. However, once privacy and anonymity becomes a dominating factor to buy into a coin, rather than only looking at the investment return, then XSPEC will excel automatically.
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:39:37 AM

what about linda?
isn't linda also a privacy coin?
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:46:06 AM

Well,

Change is inevitable.   

I am no longer unbiased, and thus can no longer continue this comparison fairly.  If anyone wants my spreadsheet to edit, etc, and wants to continue a comparison, I can send it to you.

After careful research, I have started my own privacy coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838370
bosian

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:55:28 AM

Deeponion has obfs4, meek and encrypted messages, trhe comparison table needs some update
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: