Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: StreamR DATA - IoT - Unstoppable Data for Unstoppable Apps  (Read 12309 times)
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:06:12 PM

I seem to remember someone saying something previously about incorporating data from the Waze app with StreamR. I recently used Waze and noticed that it does provide users with real time data on route congestion, presence of law enforcement, etc. I think being able to incorporate that data and monetize it would be pretty cool. Have you guys thought about trying to work with apps like that?

I can't find anything on that. But I believe that type of real time data will be useful in StreamR. Because of that, I think we are likely to see such data on the marketplace. Such external apps though, I can't say anything about because I don't know. I don't really see why not. That makes me wonder if StreamR will be partnering up with people and if I can get a list of partners? Thanks!
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:28:36 PM

I was just reading your latest blog post from yesterday: https://blog.streamr.com/2018/02/how-we-plan-to-build-the-worlds-leading-data-marketplace-in-2018

I noticed that you are focusing heavily on the marketplace and also just signed a contract with a London based marketing company. That's good news and is very reassuring about the project. I was wondering about your plans for marketing, so I'm glad to see that you are working that front.

I hope they're able to really step up the marketing soon. I know a lot of platforms have been flooded by crypto related ads lately though. I think I even read that Facebook will no longer be accepting ads of this nature. Pretty disappointing.
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:37:29 PM

Will there be any minimum quotas for receiving data streams in the project? Will it be possible to make small selections?
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:37:43 PM

We are beginning to see how important data is and thus is becoming more valuable. To have control over your data and be able to financially gain from it is very interesting. Especially as IoT devices are becoming so much more prevalent as the previous user mentioned.

I am interested in the development of this project. I'm interested in fees, delays and how you plan on maintaining speed and efficiency in this system?

I'm still curious about these details and hope someone will be around to answer soon.  Cheesy

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

What will StreamR do to prevent the distribution of unauthentic, malicious, or inaccurate data?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:35:04 PM

What will StreamR do to prevent the distribution of unauthentic, malicious, or inaccurate data?

I could definitely see this becoming a sort of black market for user data if something isn't done about it. Great question!
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

What are you going to do to raise awareness about this project? I think it has a lot of potential.
celestio

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:28:15 PM

I could definitely see this becoming a sort of black market for user data if something isn't done about it. Great question!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I fully expect they've thought about this and worked something in to prevent it. I'm curious on the details though.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 05:41:59 PM

This project idea is impressive. I'm curious, what are the major challenges with this project and how are you going about solving them?

okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:59:25 PM

This project seems extremely practical. I noticed you plan to have the entire data marketplace complete by the end of the year. That's really great.

As a potential investor, I am wondering if you have any competitors and what you are doing to differentiate your product?

Still wondering about this. I've done some research and read the whitepaper but I am still curious about if you have competitors and how you plan to do something different and surpass them.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

This project seems extremely practical. I noticed you plan to have the entire data marketplace complete by the end of the year. That's really great.

As a potential investor, I am wondering if you have any competitors and what you are doing to differentiate your product?

Still wondering about this. I've done some research and read the whitepaper but I am still curious about if you have competitors and how you plan to do something different and surpass them.

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but I personally haven't seen any real competitors for this type of project. I think StreamR is one of the first types of ideas I've seen that involves monetizing RT user data, especially in the crypto world. Because of that, I think the sky is the limit for this project.

GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:00:09 PM

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but I personally haven't seen any real competitors for this type of project. I think StreamR is one of the first types of ideas I've seen that involves monetizing RT user data, especially in the crypto world. Because of that, I think the sky is the limit for this project.

I agree. I'm following this project closely because I see a lot of use for it. My only concern is with marketing and partnerships. I wonder how many partners StreamR has and how they plan to market this project. Is there documentation on that?
okspam

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:18:43 PM

What makes StreamR different than IOTA? Do you see IOTA as a competitor? What are you doing differently?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

What makes StreamR different than IOTA? Do you see IOTA as a competitor? What are you doing differently?

In my opinion, IOTA and StreamR are really completely different and I wouldn't personally even consider IOTA a competitor. They have different functions. IoT produces large amounts of data that have little use outside of real time. StreamR is different because they allow streaming of real time data for payment. I recommend this article that helped clear that up for me: https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec

Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

I am wanting to get started with StreamR. What exchanges is DATA on so far? Where is the best place to buy it? I am wondering about the most convenient place with cheapest fees.
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:25:58 PM

I seem to remember someone saying something previously about incorporating data from the Waze app with StreamR. I recently used Waze and noticed that it does provide users with real time data on route congestion, presence of law enforcement, etc. I think being able to incorporate that data and monetize it would be pretty cool. Have you guys thought about trying to work with apps like that?

I can't find anything on that. But I believe that type of real time data will be useful in StreamR. Because of that, I think we are likely to see such data on the marketplace. Such external apps though, I can't say anything about because I don't know. I don't really see why not. That makes me wonder if StreamR will be partnering up with people and if I can get a list of partners? Thanks!

I'm still wondering this. Hopefully someone from the team will be around soon to answer questions! Cheesy
celestio

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:03:13 PM

I still have this question. I expect that the StreamR team has considered this, I'm just interested in knowing how they have planned to combat it.

okspam

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:44:14 PM

In my opinion, IOTA and StreamR are really completely different and I wouldn't personally even consider IOTA a competitor. They have different functions. IoT produces large amounts of data that have little use outside of real time. StreamR is different because they allow streaming of real time data for payment. I recommend this article that helped clear that up for me: https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec

Okay, that helps. I think I understand better now. Basically, it seems that IOTA focuses more on micropayments of bills and StreamR is more focused on the actual trading of information. Both seem useful, but StreamR is heavily undervalued right now and it also seems more practical to me. Thanks for the help!
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Okay, that helps. I think I understand better now. Basically, it seems that IOTA focuses more on micropayments of bills and StreamR is more focused on the actual trading of information. Both seem useful, but StreamR is heavily undervalued right now and it also seems more practical to me. Thanks for the help!

They came out with a new post today and it really addresses this question. Basically, in the article they mention what they plan to do differently than IOTA and the benefits of StreamR. So basically it seems they are trying to learn and do something better. Have a read if you are still wondering.

https://blockonomi.com/streamr-guide/
mr001

Activity: 260

https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:29:05 PM

i invested in Streamr because i think this is a useful thing.
but you need more for this projectT There is no community, no Telgram.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: