Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:54:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: StreamR DATA - IoT - Unstoppable Data for Unstoppable Apps  (Read 12309 times)
DataStreamer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:03:01 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 04:00:10 PM by DataStreamer
Merited by klintay (10)

https://i.imgur.com/kqIvrkL.jpg

How it Works
Streamr provides a complete system to create unstoppable real-time data apps, even without writing code. Currently, the valuable data you produce is at the mercy of large corporations. In the Streamr network, it’s yours to use and sell as you wish, and travels through a decentralised peer-to-peer network controlled by no one and incentivized by the DATAcoin token.

Let’s consider a self-driving electric car. For optimal operation, it needs data from other machines, such as traffic congestion information from other cars, electricity prices on nearby charging stations, weather forecasts, and so on. Streamr provides a single interface for real-time data delivery and payment, making data streams tradeable using the DATAcoin token

The car can autonomously get the data it needs and pay for it. In turn, the car can sell the data it produces, such as traffic data to other cars, road condition measurements to a smart city, location and battery level to advertisers, and so on. A data stream economy is born.

Official Site: https://www.streamr.com

Whitepaper: https://www.streamr.com/whitepaper

Marcet Cap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/streamr-datacoin/

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/streamrinc

Unofficial telegramm community group: https://t.me/streamrdata

Where to buy?:

Bitfinex.com
Ethfinex.com
HitBTC.com
Gate.IO
EtherDelta.com
Mercatox.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Namduc

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:06:03 AM

How it Works
Streamr provides a complete system to create unstoppable real-time data apps, even without writing code. Currently, the valuable data you produce is at the mercy of large corporations. In the Streamr network, it’s yours to use and sell as you wish, and travels through a decentralised peer-to-peer network controlled by no one and incentivized by the DATAcoin token.

Let’s consider a self-driving electric car. For optimal operation, it needs data from other machines, such as traffic congestion information from other cars, electricity prices on nearby charging stations, weather forecasts, and so on. Streamr provides a single interface for real-time data delivery and payment, making data streams tradeable using the DATAcoin token

The car can autonomously get the data it needs and pay for it. In turn, the car can sell the data it produces, such as traffic data to other cars, road condition measurements to a smart city, location and battery level to advertisers, and so on. A data stream economy is born.

Official Site: https://www.streamr.com

Whitepaper: https://www.streamr.com/whitepaper

Marcet Cap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/streamr-datacoin/

Where to buy?:

Bitfinex.com
Ethfinex.com
HitBTC.com
Gate.IO
EtherDelta.com
Mercatox.com

nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

Seems like a nice project. Looking forward for more information. Is there any airdrop planned? Or any bounties?

I am also curious to know how this project is different than DATUM and other projects.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
anouch_ka

Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:21:48 AM

It looks like DATUM is scam.
https://medium.com/@reviewcryptos/datum-ico-another-data-bullshit-ico-scam-alert-d9201877e302

Streamr is a real project with good team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e52JM9JmX24&t=67s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFSMZRMYRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvqla9E6P_8
rattle99

Activity: 518
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:46:12 PM

Seems like a really nice idea. Any bounty?
neo_matrix02

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:02:02 PM

Seems like a nice project. Looking forward for more information. Is there any airdrop planned? Or any bounties?

I am also curious to know how this project is different than DATUM and other projects.

Airdrop was done in Oct '17 after the ICO. Not sure if another is planned
https://blog.streamr.com/2017/10/youve-got-data-airdrop-announcement/
LoneSurvivorXZ

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:32:11 PM

Very nice project you should keep an eye on.
lubing7683

Activity: 486
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:08:35 PM

Good concept, it's a pity that the contribution period was over. does it need a app or a special device to run?
ViolinA

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:55:21 PM

Seems to be a really good concept. I'm in !
Egalite

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:34:44 AM

Great Project. Volume getting higher. Are there announcements coming on tuesday during AMA?
sekop

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:56:52 AM

I see a great concept of this project, providing a complete system for creating unstoppable real-time data applications, without even writing code. hopefully, the project development is going well and successful
yyz13857180757

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:52:18 PM

The concept of Streamr is very good, it can participate in the bounty program? The now popular ICO seems to be not so easy to participate, are private institutions.

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:47:09 AM

It's not about buying too late, it's about selling too early.
Buy and hold. Longterm. 10+ years.
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:48:42 PM

Streamr has a lot going for it. Wish I'd found out about it sooner though.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:36:25 AM

It's not about buying too late, it's about selling too early.
Buy and hold. Longterm. 10+ years.

10 years seems a little overboard, better to reevaluate every year in my opinion.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:55:18 PM

I love the idea of the self driving car being able to sell the data it accumulates automatically.
joblessminer

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:26:27 PM

I love the idea of the self driving car being able to sell the data it accumulates automatically.

There's unlimited uses for this too. Anytime another could use constant data, this could be useful.
GoBelle

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:04:24 PM

There's unlimited uses for this too. Anytime another could use constant data, this could be useful.

What are some examples? I'm having trouble thinking of any.
Sword555

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:40:57 PM

Maybe a small front yard weather station could sell its data? Obviously it wouldn't be worth too much, but enough for the owner to be able to buy data from other sources.
joblessminer

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:14:58 PM

Maybe a small front yard weather station could sell its data? Obviously it wouldn't be worth too much, but enough for the owner to be able to buy data from other sources.

That's another good example.
joblessminer

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:46:53 AM

I've heard you guys are working on a marketplace for data? What kind of stuff would we even see on there? Regular users browsing data?
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:16:13 AM

The concept of Streamr is very good, it can participate in the bounty program? The now popular ICO seems to be not so easy to participate, are private institutions.

Is the bounty even still going?
Sword555

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:24:50 AM

Seems like Streamr has hit rock bottom at around $.16 excellent time to buy in my opinion.
joblessminer

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:55:49 AM

I've heard you guys are working on a marketplace for data? What kind of stuff would we even see on there? Regular users browsing data?

Very curious about this. Having a place to buy every sort of data that can be generated would be pretty incredible.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:08:08 PM

This seems like a solid idea. I am curious if there is a roadmap of the project? Right now it is really cheap but I would like to have more info before I buy.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:49:54 PM

Still wondering about this. Anyone know?
Profuter

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:04:29 PM

Now everywhere we see an increase in the number of smart gadgets that supply tons of raw information. The project looks promising, if you can qualitatively aggregate this data and transmit it without delay.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

We are beginning to see how important data is and thus is becoming more valuable. To have control over your data and be able to financially gain from it is very interesting. Especially as IoT devices are becoming so much more prevalent as the previous user mentioned.

I am interested in the development of this project. I'm interested in fees, delays and how you plan on maintaining speed and efficiency in this system?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
GoBelle

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:03:19 PM

Still wondering about this. Anyone know?

I'm also curious about this.
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:20 PM

Good concept and good exchanges too. I'll follow this near because it seems really well made and presented. What about development? Which point are you at now? I see it's an ERC20 token. Is some swap planned? It's listed since November. Why announcement now?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
okspam

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:05:34 PM

This project seems extremely practical. I noticed you plan to have the entire data marketplace complete by the end of the year. That's really great.

As a potential investor, I am wondering if you have any competitors and what you are doing to differentiate your product?
celestio

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:37:21 PM

Will you be doing anything to prevent traders from buying these tokens just to dump them at the first exchange? ICOs tend to suffer from that reputation.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:52:36 PM

Interesting project.

Do you have any problems you foresee arising that will need to be worked on on this project?

deeltje

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:39:21 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to think of some ideas for what I would see on the marketplace too. When will this marketplace be available? I imagine it will take a while to get off the ground but I fully expect it to be huge once it does. 
Profuter

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:35:08 PM

What is your core audience? Who are you going to pay special attention and privilege?
GoBelle

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:10:33 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to think of some ideas for what I would see on the marketplace too. When will this marketplace be available? I imagine it will take a while to get off the ground but I fully expect it to be huge once it does. 

From my understanding, it's going to be much more than that. In the whitepaper they even mention smart clothing worn by professional athletes. So you could actually get bio metric data. Interesting and I never even considered that.
joblessminer

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:42:19 PM

From my understanding, it's going to be much more than that. In the whitepaper they even mention smart clothing worn by professional athletes. So you could actually get bio metric data. Interesting and I never even considered that.

I can't imagine how useful and valuable that would be. Additionally, I think smart meter data could be very valuable. I think this project could forge a new era in data analytics. It's currently difficult to obtain data to test ML on, use, and study. This is going to open the door for everyday people to have access. Very excited about this.
Sword555

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:07:52 PM

I can't imagine how useful and valuable that would be. Additionally, I think smart meter data could be very valuable. I think this project could forge a new era in data analytics. It's currently difficult to obtain data to test ML on, use, and study. This is going to open the door for everyday people to have access. Very excited about this.

I think you are absolutely correct. I think this is an excellent project and time to buy.
deeltje

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:37:13 PM

I was just reading your latest blog post from yesterday: https://blog.streamr.com/2018/02/how-we-plan-to-build-the-worlds-leading-data-marketplace-in-2018

I noticed that you are focusing heavily on the marketplace and also just signed a contract with a London based marketing company. That's good news and is very reassuring about the project. I was wondering about your plans for marketing, so I'm glad to see that you are working that front.
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:46:54 PM

I seem to remember someone saying something previously about incorporating data from the Waze app with StreamR. I recently used Waze and noticed that it does provide users with real time data on route congestion, presence of law enforcement, etc. I think being able to incorporate that data and monetize it would be pretty cool. Have you guys thought about trying to work with apps like that?
deeltje

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:06:12 PM

I seem to remember someone saying something previously about incorporating data from the Waze app with StreamR. I recently used Waze and noticed that it does provide users with real time data on route congestion, presence of law enforcement, etc. I think being able to incorporate that data and monetize it would be pretty cool. Have you guys thought about trying to work with apps like that?

I can't find anything on that. But I believe that type of real time data will be useful in StreamR. Because of that, I think we are likely to see such data on the marketplace. Such external apps though, I can't say anything about because I don't know. I don't really see why not. That makes me wonder if StreamR will be partnering up with people and if I can get a list of partners? Thanks!
GoBelle

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:28:36 PM

I was just reading your latest blog post from yesterday: https://blog.streamr.com/2018/02/how-we-plan-to-build-the-worlds-leading-data-marketplace-in-2018

I noticed that you are focusing heavily on the marketplace and also just signed a contract with a London based marketing company. That's good news and is very reassuring about the project. I was wondering about your plans for marketing, so I'm glad to see that you are working that front.

I hope they're able to really step up the marketing soon. I know a lot of platforms have been flooded by crypto related ads lately though. I think I even read that Facebook will no longer be accepting ads of this nature. Pretty disappointing.
Profuter

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:37:29 PM

Will there be any minimum quotas for receiving data streams in the project? Will it be possible to make small selections?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:37:43 PM

We are beginning to see how important data is and thus is becoming more valuable. To have control over your data and be able to financially gain from it is very interesting. Especially as IoT devices are becoming so much more prevalent as the previous user mentioned.

I am interested in the development of this project. I'm interested in fees, delays and how you plan on maintaining speed and efficiency in this system?

I'm still curious about these details and hope someone will be around to answer soon.  Cheesy

celestio

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

What will StreamR do to prevent the distribution of unauthentic, malicious, or inaccurate data?

Sword555

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:35:04 PM

What will StreamR do to prevent the distribution of unauthentic, malicious, or inaccurate data?

I could definitely see this becoming a sort of black market for user data if something isn't done about it. Great question!
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

What are you going to do to raise awareness about this project? I think it has a lot of potential.
celestio

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:28:15 PM

I could definitely see this becoming a sort of black market for user data if something isn't done about it. Great question!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I fully expect they've thought about this and worked something in to prevent it. I'm curious on the details though.

scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 05:41:59 PM

This project idea is impressive. I'm curious, what are the major challenges with this project and how are you going about solving them?

okspam

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:59:25 PM

This project seems extremely practical. I noticed you plan to have the entire data marketplace complete by the end of the year. That's really great.

As a potential investor, I am wondering if you have any competitors and what you are doing to differentiate your product?

Still wondering about this. I've done some research and read the whitepaper but I am still curious about if you have competitors and how you plan to do something different and surpass them.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Still wondering about this. I've done some research and read the whitepaper but I am still curious about if you have competitors and how you plan to do something different and surpass them.

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but I personally haven't seen any real competitors for this type of project. I think StreamR is one of the first types of ideas I've seen that involves monetizing RT user data, especially in the crypto world. Because of that, I think the sky is the limit for this project.

GoBelle

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:00:09 PM

Honestly, I can't say for sure, but I personally haven't seen any real competitors for this type of project. I think StreamR is one of the first types of ideas I've seen that involves monetizing RT user data, especially in the crypto world. Because of that, I think the sky is the limit for this project.

I agree. I'm following this project closely because I see a lot of use for it. My only concern is with marketing and partnerships. I wonder how many partners StreamR has and how they plan to market this project. Is there documentation on that?
okspam

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:18:43 PM

What makes StreamR different than IOTA? Do you see IOTA as a competitor? What are you doing differently?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

What makes StreamR different than IOTA? Do you see IOTA as a competitor? What are you doing differently?

In my opinion, IOTA and StreamR are really completely different and I wouldn't personally even consider IOTA a competitor. They have different functions. IoT produces large amounts of data that have little use outside of real time. StreamR is different because they allow streaming of real time data for payment. I recommend this article that helped clear that up for me: https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec

Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

I am wanting to get started with StreamR. What exchanges is DATA on so far? Where is the best place to buy it? I am wondering about the most convenient place with cheapest fees.
deeltje

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:25:58 PM

I can't find anything on that. But I believe that type of real time data will be useful in StreamR. Because of that, I think we are likely to see such data on the marketplace. Such external apps though, I can't say anything about because I don't know. I don't really see why not. That makes me wonder if StreamR will be partnering up with people and if I can get a list of partners? Thanks!

I'm still wondering this. Hopefully someone from the team will be around soon to answer questions! Cheesy
celestio

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:03:13 PM

I still have this question. I expect that the StreamR team has considered this, I'm just interested in knowing how they have planned to combat it.

okspam

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:44:14 PM

In my opinion, IOTA and StreamR are really completely different and I wouldn't personally even consider IOTA a competitor. They have different functions. IoT produces large amounts of data that have little use outside of real time. StreamR is different because they allow streaming of real time data for payment. I recommend this article that helped clear that up for me: https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec

Okay, that helps. I think I understand better now. Basically, it seems that IOTA focuses more on micropayments of bills and StreamR is more focused on the actual trading of information. Both seem useful, but StreamR is heavily undervalued right now and it also seems more practical to me. Thanks for the help!
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Okay, that helps. I think I understand better now. Basically, it seems that IOTA focuses more on micropayments of bills and StreamR is more focused on the actual trading of information. Both seem useful, but StreamR is heavily undervalued right now and it also seems more practical to me. Thanks for the help!

They came out with a new post today and it really addresses this question. Basically, in the article they mention what they plan to do differently than IOTA and the benefits of StreamR. So basically it seems they are trying to learn and do something better. Have a read if you are still wondering.

https://blockonomi.com/streamr-guide/
mr001

Activity: 260

https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:29:05 PM

i invested in Streamr because i think this is a useful thing.
but you need more for this projectT There is no community, no Telgram.
Sword555

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:29:59 PM

Is there anything about Streamr that makes me complimentary to IOTA, rather than adversarial?
GoBelle

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:39:41 PM

Isn't StreamR blockchain agnostic? Could StreamR ever work with IOTA?
okspam

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:22:11 PM

They came out with a new post today and it really addresses this question. Basically, in the article they mention what they plan to do differently than IOTA and the benefits of StreamR. So basically it seems they are trying to learn and do something better. Have a read if you are still wondering.

https://blockonomi.com/streamr-guide/

Nice read. Thanks for posting that because I'm sure I would have missed it.
Sword555

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:05 PM

It is actually. That would make for an incredible partnership for the both of them in my opinion.
GoBelle

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:50:21 PM

It is actually. That would make for an incredible partnership for the both of them in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. It seems like a cool idea to get these two teams together to make an even stronger team.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:35:00 PM

Glad I could help.

deeltje

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:05:48 PM

Who would you say is the biggest partnership for StreamR to date? Is there a list of partners somewhere?
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:30:31 PM

i invested in Streamr because i think this is a useful thing.
but you need more for this projectT There is no community, no Telgram.

If you can be bothered to check the original post, there is an unofficial Telegram listed there. I'm not sure if they have an official one.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:24:24 AM

Will DATA be on better exchanges soon? Has there been any work to try to get it on Binance or others? I don't want to wait too long so if it is not in progress, what exchange do you guys recommend to get DATA now?

okspam

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:46:43 AM

Will DATA be on better exchanges soon? Has there been any work to try to get it on Binance or others? I don't want to wait too long so if it is not in progress, what exchange do you guys recommend to get DATA now?

I think if you wait until they get on Binance or other larger exchanges then the price will likely rise. I would say it might be best to just get it on the exchanges you can right now for as cheap as it is. I like gate.io.
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

This project idea is impressive. I'm curious, what are the major challenges with this project and how are you going about solving them?

I'm still wondering this.

deeltje

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:14:29 AM

Out of curiosity, if you are an investor, what made you decide to invest in StreamR DATA? Obviously it's very unique, but I'm curious what helped you make up your mind.
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:41:44 AM

Out of curiosity, if you are an investor, what made you decide to invest in StreamR DATA? Obviously it's very unique, but I'm curious what helped you make up your mind.

As an investor, I think the team's goals are practical. I think data is valuable, especially real-time data. I also think the data will provide so much knowledge and lead to improvements in our lifetime. I also see that they have a working product which is lacking in a lot of projects. Overall, it seems very promising and I cannot see how they would fail.
bananafana

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:04:51 AM

As an investor, I think the team's goals are practical. I think data is valuable, especially real-time data. I also think the data will provide so much knowledge and lead to improvements in our lifetime. I also see that they have a working product which is lacking in a lot of projects. Overall, it seems very promising and I cannot see how they would fail.

What do you think the most practical application for StreamR will be? Do they have a list of potential real life applications for the project?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:57:40 AM

I think if you wait until they get on Binance or other larger exchanges then the price will likely rise. I would say it might be best to just get it on the exchanges you can right now for as cheap as it is. I like gate.io.

That's a good suggestion that I didn't think of. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

bananafana

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:22:06 PM

I've been following StreamR for a bit and I think it seems like a project going in a promising direction. With that said, can someone give me some examples of good, practical use-cases for StreamR?
celestio

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:51:36 PM

In case you guys didn't see it, I just noticed that StreamR will be giving a tech talk about incremental decentralization at King's College in London on 03/22. Here's a link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sharding-for-scalability-how-streamr-is-tackling-decentralization-tickets-42920565567

Sword555

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:41:02 PM

I've been following StreamR for a bit and I think it seems like a project going in a promising direction. With that said, can someone give me some examples of good, practical use-cases for StreamR?

If you aren't already familiar with it, you should read up on IoT. Streamr is going to deal with all the data that is generated by these simple devices that will eventually be in just about every piece of electronic made. For example, self driving cars will constantly be sending and receiving all sorts of data. Road conditions, traffic conditions, driver habits, etc.
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:48:14 PM

What do you think the most practical application for StreamR will be? Do they have a list of potential real life applications for the project?

You can go read the whitepaper and see on page 7-8 that there are some example applications which I have listed below:

● A stock market generates a new event every time there is a new bid or offer, and every time a trade takes place.
     ● A public transport vehicle broadcasts its identity, status, speed, acceleration, geolocation, and heading every few seconds.
     ● A motion detector transmits a signal when a moving object is detected in its range.
     ● IIoT sensors attached to an electrical drive measure the temperature, speed, and vibrations during the drive operation in a smart factory.
     ● Air quality sensors measure carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and ozone levels in an urban area.
     ● Seismometers measure ground motion in an area with volcanic activity.
     ● Smart clothing worn by professional athletes collects biometric data such as the heartbeat, temperature, and acceleration.

It is good to note that data is changing every day with new IoT devices being introduced so, as technology evolves so will the data. We will find even more practical uses.
bananafana

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:40:20 PM

You can go read the whitepaper and see on page 7-8 that there are some example applications which I have listed below:

● A stock market generates a new event every time there is a new bid or offer, and every time a trade takes place.
     ● A public transport vehicle broadcasts its identity, status, speed, acceleration, geolocation, and heading every few seconds.
     ● A motion detector transmits a signal when a moving object is detected in its range.
     ● IIoT sensors attached to an electrical drive measure the temperature, speed, and vibrations during the drive operation in a smart factory.
     ● Air quality sensors measure carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and ozone levels in an urban area.
     ● Seismometers measure ground motion in an area with volcanic activity.
     ● Smart clothing worn by professional athletes collects biometric data such as the heartbeat, temperature, and acceleration.

It is good to note that data is changing every day with new IoT devices being introduced so, as technology evolves so will the data. We will find even more practical uses.

Thanks, mate. Those are pretty interesting and vastly different use cases. That goes to show how well StreamR can generalize. That means it will likely be easily adaptable for the future. Very good to know. I read somewhere that people were recommending they have a contest for interesting use cases. I'd be interested to see what ideas the community could come up with.
joblessminer

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:20:18 PM

Will StreamR be built on Ethereum? If not, what? If so, what if it becomes outdated?
amigo1969

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:45:16 PM

http://blog.streamr.com/2018/02/why-open-source-release/
faragly

Merit: 262

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

Streamr is proud to be a major sponsor of @coindesk’s #Consensus2018. We’ll have some big announcements so we've booked an awesomely large pavilion. Check out it here: http://goo.gl/ES363j

https://twitter.com/streamrinc/status/971340682442010624

The pavilion is really HUGE! I wonder what awaits us
oyontwon

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:58:08 AM

Join the team over a drink and nibbles in London on March 21st at @RunwayEastLDN  Wink
before @henripihkala‘s technical talk on the 22nd! We have limited tickets so make sure to book yours now
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/streamrs-london-community-meetup-tickets-43976771708

Get to know the team behind Streamr with our third "Meet the team video" featuring Amandine Flachs, Streamr's Community Manager.  Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcBi-BKLTr0&feature=youtu.be
yvesmarquez11

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:20:16 AM

its a good concept, it's a pity that the contribution period was over. does it need a app or a special device to run?hope will run it through well
oyontwon

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:48:34 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 09:07:39 AM by oyontwon

its a good concept, it's a pity that the contribution period was over. does it need a app or a special device to run?hope will run it through well
I dont meant sounds like financial advice, but it is cheaper than the contribution period right now..
Mainnet is coming this year... so we will know when the time has come... you can experiment using their tool stack which is already available https://www.streamr.com/register/signup.
zyrenhufalar11

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:30:03 AM

great concept of this project, providing a complete system for creating unstoppable real-time data applications,  hopefully, the project development is going well and successful
leningradskiy90

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:17:57 AM

looks good concept of Streamr ,i hope this project will be a good investment and hope to see more update
satrum

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:46:01 PM

"Streamr Launches Realtime Data Marketplace, Announces Partnership with Nokia and OSIsoft" added for voting, proof and forecast on YEENOT TODAY https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/257
better service for Nokia customers. This is a signal to buy DATA?
maomaopin

Activity: 303

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:32:54 AM

i like data,let's make it popular in cryptoworld Cheesy

求赞升级啊
:)
need merit
Smiley
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:51:17 PM

Isn't me or we are not hearing much about this project in the news ?...?
It had very promising premises... where is it heading now ?
Update !?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Ramon

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:20:19 PM

Hello, guys! I have 1 stupid question: there is an accout on HitBTC with some Steamr coins, I want to withdraw it. All sources in the net says: "you can use MyEtherWallet to store your datacoins..." The same told about other tokens on ERC20 standart (like EOS etc.).
How F*****G can I do that??? NOBODY tells like: "you can transfer your datacoins to your Ethereum address and it will be displayed on the balance as token SteamrDataCoin"
I have address created on MyEtherWallet.
So, the question is: can I simply use my Ethereum address to receive Steamr (and other ERC20) coins??
Hindafing

Activity: 178
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:10:38 PM

The developement team of StreamR DATAcoin announced on Twitter, that October will be a awsome month with exciting pilots and big new partnerships to announce. This sounds very promissing. Did anyone new what this means or are there some rumors?

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Bazzzil86

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 08:24:05 AM

IS that info correct about after tomorrow :

https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Streamr+DATAcoin+%28DATA%29&SortBy=0

Huh
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 12:47:11 PM

Streamr DATAcoin/Bitcoin (13 May) #DATA $DATA #BTC $BTC: https://www.publish0x.com/cryptostation/streamr-datacoinbitcoin-13-may-data-data-btc-btc-xpjkgg

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 05:11:28 PM

great time to buy streamr, the price is at an all time low and work continues on the project Smiley
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 05:34:21 PM

I dont meant sounds like financial advice, but it is cheaper than the contribution period right now..
Mainnet is coming this year... so we will know when the time has come... you can experiment using their tool stack which is already available https://www.streamr.com/register/signup.

One month left till the end of the year. If its out this year its huge news. DataStreamR account has sky high repo and theres no doubts on my side that he will deliver everything he promises and envisions. Dont fomo yet. Ask him to post his real life contacts online. If Unstoppable Data is not out before december 31 we will hang him by the balls.
X_X_X

Activity: 117
Merit: 23

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 09:30:30 PM

And another coin that bites the dust. Just people with critical losses trying desperately to rehype this token.
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 10:26:24 PM

great time to buy streamr, the price is at an all time low and work continues on the project Smiley
Since the market is drop everyday, yeah this time is the lowest and hopefully tomorrow will getting better. By being listed on a well-known exchange, there should be a good chance to rise. Looks like the team not so active in here, but I see in the web there is some new update.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 05:55:57 AM
Merited by klintay (10)

Nice pump...

OK, I am ready to run a Broker node. When and how?

Yes, that was really great time to buy....

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2019, 05:12:10 AM

Nice pump...

OK, I am ready to run a Broker node. When and how?

Yes, that was really great time to buy....

nice how much DATA do you need for a broker node?
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 02:29:06 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2019, 06:04:53 PM by Gash

Scam pump. Whoever is behind this pump owns most of the coins if not 99.9%. The concept itself is not bad but the idea of IoT relies mostly on the software intended for use with the technology presented. Which u do not have. For example, if u have a race car equipped with cameras fine-tuned to accumulate all sorts of road data, wind flow and pressure meters and all, then these bits of information can be logged, organized and studied and used to improve car design, develop kinda optimized frame from lighter materials to achieve a trade-off between balance and speed. But u would need software u lack.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 07:05:54 PM

Don't know yet. ) Waiting for an answer from devs...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2019, 08:54:35 PM

Scam pump. Whoever is behind this pump owns most of the coins if not 99.9%. The concept itself is not bad but the idea of IoT relies mostly on the software intended for use with the technology presented. Which u do not have. For example, if u have a race car equipped with cameras fine-tuned to accumulate all sorts of road data, wind flow and pressure meters and all, then these bits of information can be logged, organized and studied and used to improve car design, develop kinda optimized frame from lighter materials to achieve a trade-off between balance and speed. But u would need software u lack.

LOL, i think they are building the software now. this is a legit project with legit devs.

Don't know yet. ) Waiting for an answer from devs...

ok thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: