Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: StreamR DATA - IoT - Unstoppable Data for Unstoppable Apps  (Read 12309 times)
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:29:59 PM

Is there anything about Streamr that makes me complimentary to IOTA, rather than adversarial?
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:39:41 PM

Isn't StreamR blockchain agnostic? Could StreamR ever work with IOTA?
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:22:11 PM

What makes StreamR different than IOTA? Do you see IOTA as a competitor? What are you doing differently?

In my opinion, IOTA and StreamR are really completely different and I wouldn't personally even consider IOTA a competitor. They have different functions. IoT produces large amounts of data that have little use outside of real time. StreamR is different because they allow streaming of real time data for payment. I recommend this article that helped clear that up for me: https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec

Okay, that helps. I think I understand better now. Basically, it seems that IOTA focuses more on micropayments of bills and StreamR is more focused on the actual trading of information. Both seem useful, but StreamR is heavily undervalued right now and it also seems more practical to me. Thanks for the help!

They came out with a new post today and it really addresses this question. Basically, in the article they mention what they plan to do differently than IOTA and the benefits of StreamR. So basically it seems they are trying to learn and do something better. Have a read if you are still wondering.

https://blockonomi.com/streamr-guide/

Nice read. Thanks for posting that because I'm sure I would have missed it.
Sword555

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:05 PM

It is actually. That would make for an incredible partnership for the both of them in my opinion.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:50:21 PM

It is actually. That would make for an incredible partnership for the both of them in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. It seems like a cool idea to get these two teams together to make an even stronger team.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:35:00 PM

What makes StreamR different than IOTA? Do you see IOTA as a competitor? What are you doing differently?

In my opinion, IOTA and StreamR are really completely different and I wouldn't personally even consider IOTA a competitor. They have different functions. IoT produces large amounts of data that have little use outside of real time. StreamR is different because they allow streaming of real time data for payment. I recommend this article that helped clear that up for me: https://medium.com/@giotto_3438/a-comparison-between-iota-and-streamr-343b3d9cd2ec

Okay, that helps. I think I understand better now. Basically, it seems that IOTA focuses more on micropayments of bills and StreamR is more focused on the actual trading of information. Both seem useful, but StreamR is heavily undervalued right now and it also seems more practical to me. Thanks for the help!

Glad I could help.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:05:48 PM

Who would you say is the biggest partnership for StreamR to date? Is there a list of partners somewhere?
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:30:31 PM

i invested in Streamr because i think this is a useful thing.
but you need more for this projectT There is no community, no Telgram.

If you can be bothered to check the original post, there is an unofficial Telegram listed there. I'm not sure if they have an official one.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:24:24 AM

Will DATA be on better exchanges soon? Has there been any work to try to get it on Binance or others? I don't want to wait too long so if it is not in progress, what exchange do you guys recommend to get DATA now?

okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:46:43 AM

Will DATA be on better exchanges soon? Has there been any work to try to get it on Binance or others? I don't want to wait too long so if it is not in progress, what exchange do you guys recommend to get DATA now?

I think if you wait until they get on Binance or other larger exchanges then the price will likely rise. I would say it might be best to just get it on the exchanges you can right now for as cheap as it is. I like gate.io.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

This project idea is impressive. I'm curious, what are the major challenges with this project and how are you going about solving them?

I'm still wondering this.

deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:14:29 AM

Out of curiosity, if you are an investor, what made you decide to invest in StreamR DATA? Obviously it's very unique, but I'm curious what helped you make up your mind.
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:41:44 AM

Out of curiosity, if you are an investor, what made you decide to invest in StreamR DATA? Obviously it's very unique, but I'm curious what helped you make up your mind.

As an investor, I think the team's goals are practical. I think data is valuable, especially real-time data. I also think the data will provide so much knowledge and lead to improvements in our lifetime. I also see that they have a working product which is lacking in a lot of projects. Overall, it seems very promising and I cannot see how they would fail.
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:04:51 AM

As an investor, I think the team's goals are practical. I think data is valuable, especially real-time data. I also think the data will provide so much knowledge and lead to improvements in our lifetime. I also see that they have a working product which is lacking in a lot of projects. Overall, it seems very promising and I cannot see how they would fail.

What do you think the most practical application for StreamR will be? Do they have a list of potential real life applications for the project?
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:57:40 AM

I think if you wait until they get on Binance or other larger exchanges then the price will likely rise. I would say it might be best to just get it on the exchanges you can right now for as cheap as it is. I like gate.io.

That's a good suggestion that I didn't think of. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

bananafana

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:22:06 PM

I've been following StreamR for a bit and I think it seems like a project going in a promising direction. With that said, can someone give me some examples of good, practical use-cases for StreamR?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:51:36 PM

In case you guys didn't see it, I just noticed that StreamR will be giving a tech talk about incremental decentralization at King's College in London on 03/22. Here's a link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sharding-for-scalability-how-streamr-is-tackling-decentralization-tickets-42920565567

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Sword555

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:41:02 PM

I've been following StreamR for a bit and I think it seems like a project going in a promising direction. With that said, can someone give me some examples of good, practical use-cases for StreamR?

If you aren't already familiar with it, you should read up on IoT. Streamr is going to deal with all the data that is generated by these simple devices that will eventually be in just about every piece of electronic made. For example, self driving cars will constantly be sending and receiving all sorts of data. Road conditions, traffic conditions, driver habits, etc.
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:48:14 PM

What do you think the most practical application for StreamR will be? Do they have a list of potential real life applications for the project?

You can go read the whitepaper and see on page 7-8 that there are some example applications which I have listed below:

● A stock market generates a new event every time there is a new bid or offer, and every time a trade takes place.
     ● A public transport vehicle broadcasts its identity, status, speed, acceleration, geolocation, and heading every few seconds.
     ● A motion detector transmits a signal when a moving object is detected in its range.
     ● IIoT sensors attached to an electrical drive measure the temperature, speed, and vibrations during the drive operation in a smart factory.
     ● Air quality sensors measure carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and ozone levels in an urban area.
     ● Seismometers measure ground motion in an area with volcanic activity.
     ● Smart clothing worn by professional athletes collects biometric data such as the heartbeat, temperature, and acceleration.

It is good to note that data is changing every day with new IoT devices being introduced so, as technology evolves so will the data. We will find even more practical uses.
bananafana

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:40:20 PM

You can go read the whitepaper and see on page 7-8 that there are some example applications which I have listed below:

● A stock market generates a new event every time there is a new bid or offer, and every time a trade takes place.
     ● A public transport vehicle broadcasts its identity, status, speed, acceleration, geolocation, and heading every few seconds.
     ● A motion detector transmits a signal when a moving object is detected in its range.
     ● IIoT sensors attached to an electrical drive measure the temperature, speed, and vibrations during the drive operation in a smart factory.
     ● Air quality sensors measure carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and ozone levels in an urban area.
     ● Seismometers measure ground motion in an area with volcanic activity.
     ● Smart clothing worn by professional athletes collects biometric data such as the heartbeat, temperature, and acceleration.

It is good to note that data is changing every day with new IoT devices being introduced so, as technology evolves so will the data. We will find even more practical uses.

Thanks, mate. Those are pretty interesting and vastly different use cases. That goes to show how well StreamR can generalize. That means it will likely be easily adaptable for the future. Very good to know. I read somewhere that people were recommending they have a contest for interesting use cases. I'd be interested to see what ideas the community could come up with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: