Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:46:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to Stop?  (Read 3894 times)
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:00:47 PM

If you have a high tendency to not stop until busting, then I came across these tips which do help:

• Don't put all your available bankroll directly in the game..
  • One must stop after reaching a certain goal.
  • If you're doing really good, withdraw part of your earnings.

Having a big bankroll can make you feel falsely safe in that "oh I'll just keep increasing my bet until I win" but alas, the 30 reds in a row do exist, and will come. Do not let them take it all. The goal you make should be realistic and firm, Don't change it or else be prepared to face bad consequences. You gotta fight back the voice that screams inside your brain "Come on, double again and we recover!".
It's actually pretty easy to quit gambling in a day. You have to set a target in a day, about how much money you want to spend. You can not spend more than that in a day. Whatever happens, even if you win or lose, you still have to stop as soon as your target or limit is reached. Just like hobbies and food, you can not spend all your money on hobbies and food. You're going to save money and set aside your money to do other things like investing and saving money. Savings and salary is a mandatory and must be sustainable.
Once you are so embroiled, there is no easy way for you to quit at all, These targets that you are talking are being set all the time and the gambler manages to overspend them. If you know you have a problem controlling your emotions whiles gambling, don't gamble in the first place.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:19:02 PM

When you no longer have fun when you play, just take a break to start fresh later. Gambling is a game that is meant to entertain us. If you see it as a business that can be profitable, you're doing it wrong. You should stop when it's starting to affect your financial situation.
For me, gambling is all about fun. Once you loose that, it's time to rest and a break can be good.

Oh yeah i definitely agree with you. We should gamble for fun, not for profit, so we should stop gambling asap if it get's stale and boring. Sometimes, even after you make break it's still boring, so it would be bad idea to gamble then as well.

Another good sign to stop is when you lost mos of your money. Person that did that just should stop trying to win back what they lost and stop gambling for a while. Else they would lose even more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:50:31 PM

Limitation of my bankroll is my break in my games. Because I play for entertainment and not for the profit I don't have to worry about bursts. Gambling should be considered as the entertainment wheel and not the money making machine because most of your bets are depending on the luck factor. Many people that don't set their limitations to their bankroll are making fatal looses that they are trying to bring their money back but then they end only with great losses and they are being filled with hate towards the system that they consider to be guilty because of their bad choices in their gamble plays. If your will is strong and if you are aware of the risks that the gambling can bring you will for sure know when is it the time to stop.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

When you no longer have fun when you play, just take a break to start fresh later. Gambling is a game that is meant to entertain us. If you see it as a business that can be profitable, you're doing it wrong. You should stop when it's starting to affect your financial situation.
For me, gambling is all about fun. Once you loose that, it's time to rest and a break can be good.

People will find it hard to have fun anymore when they faced a bad result (lose) and unfortunately at such situation, people tend to forget their previous plans regarding gambling. People will keep chasing their previous lost instead of stopping at that point.
I believe gambling won't bring real happiness in the end.It is just made for fun,having it during leisure time.But sad to say lot of people here consider gambling as their source of income to the extent of making it as a priority.The moment a person started to think like that,it's already a negative sign and should be stopped right away.Or else it will cause damage to his own properties in the later part through selling it or having it mortgaged.

Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:21:00 PM

People will find it hard to have fun anymore when they faced a bad result (lose) and unfortunately at such situation, people tend to forget their previous plans regarding gambling. People will keep chasing their previous lost instead of stopping at that point.
I believe gambling won't bring real happiness in the end.It is just made for fun,having it during leisure time.But sad to say lot of people here consider gambling as their source of income to the extent of making it as a priority.The moment a person started to think like that,it's already a negative sign and should be stopped right away.Or else it will cause damage to his own properties in the later part through selling it or having it mortgaged.
It would surely come to that point on where he would already sell out his properties and assets if addiction on gambling becomes more severe this is why we should really be aware as soon as earliest on playing gambling if we do find out that it already hurts our financial then better to quit to prevent anymore damage.Most gamblers do only stop when they are already broke.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 02:26:48 PM

I think everyone does have a hard time when they are feeling negative in a way. It's hard to know what to do in those certain situations but one thing is for sure is that if you are gambling with profit in mind and not planning for the future games, you would lose your money. That's my opinion on it but who knows maybe luck would be there for you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:46:02 PM

I think this principle we have in forex trading can also be applied in gambling. There is this rule in forex that "you most not used more 5% of your risk capital in a single trade" I think for one to reduce his risk he has to follow this same principle of fund management in gambling too.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:01:30 PM

If you have a high tendency to not stop until busting, then I came across these tips which do help:

• Don't put all your available bankroll directly in the game (in case you're using deposits). Leave always at least half outside as a security measure if you go bust.
  • One must stop after reaching a certain goal, The goal should be predetermined and shouldn't be changed during the play.
  • If you're doing really good, withdraw part of your earnings (if you can, ofc) to avoid losing it all in one go.

Having a big bankroll can make you feel falsely safe in that "oh I'll just keep increasing my bet until I win" but alas, the 30 reds in a row do exist, and will come. Do not let them take it all.

The goal you make should be realistic and firm, Don't change it or else be prepared to face bad consequences.

You gotta fight back the voice that screams inside your brain "Come on, double again and we recover!".
I highly appreciate your dedication but I think once people get into gambling what they actually do is forget half the world. Any tip any suggestion to them is absolutely useless because they hardly care about it.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:30:00 PM

• Don't put all your available bankroll directly in the game (in case you're using deposits). Leave always at least half outside as a security measure if you go bust.
  • One must stop after reaching a certain goal, The goal should be predetermined and shouldn't be changed during the play.
  • If you're doing really good, withdraw part of your earnings (if you can, ofc) to avoid losing it all in one go.

Having a big bankroll can make you feel falsely safe in that "oh I'll just keep increasing my bet until I win" but alas, the 30 reds in a row do exist, and will come. Do not let them take it all.

The goal you make should be realistic and firm, Don't change it or else be prepared to face bad consequences.

You gotta fight back the voice that screams inside your brain "Come on, double again and we recover!".

Good tips. I myself used several of them.

However, most of the time, I can't really control myself, specially when chasing losses. Its really very tough for me(us) to not go and try to win it back. A few times I was able to get it back and win more, but most of the time I ended up losing all my bankroll. Again, you heart and your mind at fighting inside of you, you need to have mental toughness to really used your common sense and better judgement to quit when you are still winning, or stop when you have been busted and don't continue and not chase it back because eventually you are going to lose everything and it will hit you back and realized that you have make a big mistakes.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:54:54 PM

The probelm with these kind of rules is that some people can get a bit greedu espacily if they have been successfull in wining a bunch of times, so when they win they get overconfidant and greed thinking that they will win even after reaching theur goal, probably the most important key to not go into addiction in gambling is not to make it a habit or a regular way of getting moeny, because then you would have to feel obliged to do bets even if you lose or reach the goal, gambling should be a side thing that you kind of do once a week or tow.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

In reality a gambler only stop when they are out of capital that even debt they had enough because setting a limitation is something surely not everyone can do. It's a matter of attitude towards things you can't win and control but as gamblers the more they loss big amount the more they wanted a revenge and win a game. I think a person addicted in gambling will know they need to stop only when nothing is left for them to bet
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:01:42 PM

In reality a gambler only stop when they are out of capital that even debt they had enough because setting a limitation is something surely not everyone can do. It's a matter of attitude towards things you can't win and control but as gamblers the more they loss big amount the more they wanted a revenge and win a game. I think a person addicted in gambling will know they need to stop only when nothing is left for them to bet

That is correct, most of them just don't know when to stop until they are out of capital and are no more credit worthy with their banks, friends or even family because they are addicted and must have piled up loans which shouldn't be so if we are disciplined before, during and after gambling.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:05:35 PM

If you join a game, and you make at least a little profit, it is the RIGHT time to leave the game.

There is a lot of people who are always doing the opposite; join, make a profit, try to make more profit, lose it all, try to deposit more funds to earn more; and then losing all again.

That is why i always try to do not have emotions when i am gambling or just when i am just trying to play a game with friends, because emotions are the first reason of why you will lose money on gambling.
investerS

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Money making legitimately

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:29:14 AM

• Don't put all your available bankroll directly in the game..
  • One must stop after reaching a certain goal.
  • If you're doing really good, withdraw part of your earnings.

Having a big bankroll can make you feel falsely safe in that "oh I'll just keep increasing my bet until I win" but alas, the 30 reds in a row do exist, and will come. Do not let them take it all. The goal you make should be realistic and firm, Don't change it or else be prepared to face bad consequences. You gotta fight back the voice that screams inside your brain "Come on, double again and we recover!".
It's actually pretty easy to quit gambling in a day. You have to set a target in a day, about how much money you want to spend. You can not spend more than that in a day. Whatever happens, even if you win or lose, you still have to stop as soon as your target or limit is reached. Just like hobbies and food, you can not spend all your money on hobbies and food. You're going to save money and set aside your money to do other things like investing and saving money. Savings and salary is a mandatory and must be sustainable.

It can be easy to some but others can not control themselves. Although i agree with the tips above.

Also i believe that stop drinking alcohol when in casino or gambling because it alters your brain,being intoxicated will give you fake hope and courage that makes gamble more.
Honestly this is very correct about drinking to play a game. I have lost a big due to my drinking cos i took a risk i wouldnt have taken normally.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:01:27 AM

You must stop when your limit is not enough again to play, and you must setup limit to play gambling.
If you setup the limit, it can help you to lose more money, and you must control your emotional to play gambling.

It is so easy to said but it is hard to do. Setting up a limit is so easy, but fighting the urge to continue playing if you already reached your limit is sometimes a difficult thing to do, especially if we have this mindset that we are going to win if we are going to continue, believe me, it is not that easy. The loses that you have had in gambling is enough for you to stop it, if you are going to be wise.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:20:32 AM

It supposed like that, a gambler should able to stop at certain point, without setting limit you will just lost the money again, but sometimes greed is hard to stop, we tends to over our limit because of anger and greed, setting limit is easy to say but hard to do, but every gambler must realize that setting limit is one of the most important things

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:25:22 AM

I agree with what the OP is saying however sometimes greed comes kicking in and the result would be is you want more especially if you are not contented of what you are gaining. I was a greedy gambler before because I wanted more but then I realized it wasn’t good so I just set myself a limit every time I play or gamble in a week.
noormcs5

Activity: 2674
Merit: 614

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:44:48 AM

For experience gamblers, well know about it, when he need to stop in gambling. But as a newbie gamblers have problem when do stop in gambling. Because when i see my past in gambling period, then i realize in started i did greedy and all the time i was ready to take the risk in betting, but in this wise, i was always in big losses, then i realize i should control my greedy and don't try to take a big risk. That's why when i start my game then i know my limit and i never cross it, that's why i know very well, when do i know its time to stop.     

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:12:20 PM

We all have different reasons or views, So definitely when we already  lose an amount of money which we really can't afford. Though we really have devil inside of us in which we really can't control or avoid at some point in time. Greed would be the greatest enemy of a gambler, even experienced gambler sometimes lose the battle. As for me, I'd stop when I encounter let say a losing streak and my alloted money for my stay is depleting without any chance of winning it back.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:23:05 PM

I follow a very simple rule. Whenever I lose three games in a row, I take a break from gambling. This break can be for short duration (30 minutes or 1 hour) or can be long duration (1 day, or a few days) depending on the amount which was lost in gambling. If the luck is not with us, then there is no point at all in chasing after the losses.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: