Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili  (Read 73031 times)
JerimiahJohnson

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:13:12 PM

Production Boards, Chips, and Cooling parts have been delivered to Germany. Smiley

You guys should see a working production board very soon.

-JJ

Coming soon the Cointamination 16 65nm Chip BFL CLone Board.
Board Hashing: http://bit.ly/1cXs5Rt
Lucko (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:38:08 PM

form got the boards and he is testing staff... Hope we will be hashing tomorrow...
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:29:51 PM

Hopefully our chips make it through customs with greater ease than the board components.  Tongue
It will be much easier since the will be send to Slovenia not Germany.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:08:34 PM

Hopefully our chips make it through customs with greater ease than the board components.  Tongue

German customs will have an interesting time with the finished boards.
chips & board from the USA, components from Japan & China, Slovenian assembly........................

Glad I am not a German customer

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:33:48 PM

Hopefully our chips make it through customs with greater ease than the board components.  Tongue

chips & board from the USA, components from Japan & China, Slovenian assembly........................

No... Boards from Slovenia and we are EU... No customs...
JerimiahJohnson

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:03:12 AM

Hopefully our chips make it through customs with greater ease than the board components.  Tongue

If your a customer from North America, everything is done in USA.

Yes The only thing that is not done in the USA is the PCBs and I already have a good quantity of them,
If I get down to about half the quantity I have now I will order more:

from start to finish including DHL express shipping (always goes through customs very easy) it takes 8-10 days to get PCBs from start to delivery but like I said I already have them in quantity and will keep them in quantity.

Board assembly takes 5 days, your boards are sent to me where I connect cooling components and load firmware and ship them right out.

If you live outside of north America, your boards will be assembled in Slovania and other aspects handled by lucko.

Yes the main board designer form who is building a production board by hand lives in Germany which is in my opinion is the absolute hardest country in the world to ship anything to.

At least in Russia you can bribe the customs agents... lol

The tracking says it was delivered in Germany yesterday but other than waiting to see form put this board together, German shipping will not affect customers in any way, (unless your a German customer in that case I would use FedEx express for shipping method from business account like we did with form and you will get it in 2-4 days.

If you live in North America, and are interested in getting your BFL chips mounted please PM me, we can have your chips sent directly to the assembly house to save time.

have a nice day Smiley
-JJ

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:42:33 AM

The first day for orders was 6/10/13 (I ordered 6/11/13).  Delivery was suppose to occur 100 days later. 100 calendar days after 6/11 is 9/18/13.  I will keep you posted.

Has anyone had their chips delivered yet?

Does anyone know of chip deliveries yet?

flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:14:10 PM

The first day for orders was 6/10/13 (I ordered 6/11/13).  Delivery was suppose to occur 100 days later. 100 calendar days after 6/11 is 9/18/13.  I will keep you posted.

I ordered on 6/12/13 and was told that my chips were 7 days from shipping earlier this week.
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:21:45 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 10:01:37 PM by Lucko

OK some not so good news. Noting catastrophic but still not good... Boards are working on 3.3V side(new on this board) but problem is that it was not tested with chips(1V side) but that is the same as it was on Coinado so it should work.

This is important for thus who are planing to mount chips on by themselves. For pick and place machine is not a issue but when doing by hand it is.

First test of putting on chips failed. form tried to solder them on with two different reflow ovens. Balls on chips didn't malt. You would need heat from underside as well but didn't have reflow oven that would have this option.
Second test failed too. He tested with hot-air from underside. Destroyed some chips.

He thinks that cooling implemented in the board itself it to blamed. Seems the new massive groundplanes (not used on Coinado) are sucking too much heat away. So tomorrow he will test with heatingplate. It should work. But untill you succeed you can't say for sure.

So let all say: "Brake a leg tomorrow form" Smiley
bx8389

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:03:28 PM

OK some not so good news. Noting catastrophic but still not good... Boards are working on 3.3V side(new on this board) but problem is that it was not tested with chips(1V side) but that is the same as it was on Coinado so it should work.

This is important for thus who are planing to mount chips on by themselves. For pick and place machine is not a issue but when doing by hand it is.

First test of putting on chips failed. form tried to solder them on with two different reflow ovens. Balls on chips didn't malt. You would need heat from underside as well but didn't have reflow oven that would have this option.
Second test failed too. He tested with hot-air from underside. Destroyed some chips.

He thinks that cooling implemented in the board itself it so blamed. Seems the new massive groundplanes (not used on Coinado) are sucking too much heat away. So tomorrow he will test with heatingplate. It should work. But untill you succeed you can't say for sure.

So let all say: "Brake a leg tomorrow form" Smiley

I have a small trick when I try to hand soldering this kind of chips: is to put a small drop of solder paste on top of package: when this drop melts i have reached the correct soldering temperature...

Regards

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:34:15 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 10:22:27 PM by dwdoc

The first day for orders was 6/10/13 (I ordered 6/11/13).  Delivery was suppose to occur 100 days later. 100 calendar days after 6/11 is 9/18/13.  I will keep you posted.

I ordered on 6/12/13 and was told that my chips were 7 days from shipping earlier this week.

Chips have been delivered!
I ordered on 6/11/13. Chips shipped on 9/18/13. Delivered today!

Lucko (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:59:27 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 05:27:17 AM by Lucko

Is this first time in history of BFL that it delivered something on time?   Cheesy

EDIT: If anyone needs boards in less then 10 days outside US contact me ASAP... If in the US contact JJ
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:03:28 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 12:38:30 AM by PuertoLibre

Is this first time in history of BFL that it delivered something on time?   Cheesy
Nah, they were priced on par with Avalon chips (per Gh/s).

So if the Avalon chips were late and could no longer ROI, the BFL chips are also...WAY....to late.

Those guys developing the open BFL platform already acknowledged it. It is just another case of heavy debt.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:26:34 PM

Is this first time in history of BFL that it delivered something on time?   Cheesy

So if the Avalon chips were late and could not longer ROI, the BFL chips are also...WAY....to late.

Those guys developing the open BFL platform already acknowledged it. It is just another case of heavy debt.

What calculator are you using? It looks like an 8 chip clone (32 GH/s) will cost about $700 including chips.
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:35:34 PM

What calculator are you using? It looks like an 8 chip clone (32 GH/s) will cost about $700 including chips.
Just ignore it. See what happens in MrTeal topic if you don't... You need to say you are absolutely right and it stops...
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 11:54:08 PM

Is this first time in history of BFL that it delivered something on time?   Cheesy

So if the Avalon chips were late and could not longer ROI, the BFL chips are also...WAY....to late.

We have waited 100 days for this to happen. Do you have to try and spoil it.............
If you are in it ............Enjoy.............
If you are on the outside............Tough..........Back of and cry in your dark little corner

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:52:52 AM

EDIT: If anyone needs boards in less then 10 days outside US contact me ASAP... If in the US contact JJ

Hi Lucko

I was expecting chip delivery comments on "BFL Jody blog".
I thought they would have made an announcement seeing as they are on time and on price with these chips.

All we need now is for form to have a "good day" today with his boards and chips, then COINTAMINATION is live and public.

Thanks in advance

JerimiahJohnson

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:44:22 AM

Hi Lucko

I was expecting chip delivery comments on "BFL Jody blog".
I thought they would have made an announcement seeing as they are on time and on price with these chips.

All we need now is for form to have a "good day" today with his boards and chips, then COINTAMINATION is live and public.

Thanks in advance

Just to note we also have boards being assembled in our US assembly facility, which will ship on 09/24

Here we have state of the art pick and place machine and industrial level equipment and will not run into the problem lucko described above

Form is very talented engineer but doing this by hand is extremely difficult even for the most talented of hands.

Weather form succeeds or not (I hope he does!) we will have professionally assembled production boards hashing away next week, either way.

-JJ

Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:10:46 PM

So if the Avalon chips were late and could no longer ROI, the BFL chips are also...WAY....to late.
I'd encourage you to let 'em be.  

If they're happy with boards at $20/GH, then more power to them.  The bitcoins may not come flooding in by the time the boards are running, but they'll come in at some rate, and participation in the network is -or should be- its own reward.

Also, while dwdoc has received his chips, it looks like some of the group buys have shipping date around the 30th.  It's really too early to put the post-game show up yet. 
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:31:02 PM

I'd encourage you to let 'em be.  

If they're happy with boards at $20/GH, then more power to them.  The bitcoins may not come flooding in by the time the boards are running, but they'll come in at some rate, and participation in the network is -or should be- its own reward.

Also, while dwdoc has received his chips, it looks like some of the group buys have shipping date around the 30th.  It's really too early to put the post-game show up yet. 

The "genesis block" costing sheet indicates that boards of $20/Ghs will be returning on investment if they start mining before the middle of November.
 They will be "mined out" by March unless the price of BTc rises.

So no get rich here. But probably ROI.

I have recently looked at the BFL Monarch board. If this ships in December then It may just ROI. If it ships End of January onwards then it will need a massive Increase in the value of BTc to survive.

Mine bitcoins for the hobby of doing it, not the profit.

If you do make a profit you can "maybe" just about re-invest it in the next generation of miners.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: