Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:08:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili  (Read 73031 times)
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:21:06 AM

FOR SALE:

24 chips from Lucko's GB

64 chips from Canary's GB

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309112.msg3316432#msg3316432

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:53:41 PM

I received some production BFL chips today.  Mine came in a tray rather than in tape form like af_newbie's, for some reason.

I guess I'll be ordering some boards up here soon.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Lucko (OP)

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:49:29 PM

Please don't do that last second... It takes time to get all the parts...
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 11:35:46 PM

Got my chips in hand.  Want to sale 48 chips, price: 18 BTC or 6 BTC for 16 chips.

Chips are in hand.  Available for immediate delivery.

No more chips available.  The 48 I had left have been sent today to Lucko for assembly.

flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:24:27 AM

I have 130 chips I"m auctioning in this thread, they are IN HAND.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309963.msg3327926#msg3327926

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:29:21 PM

I would have ordered further in advance, but I wasn't too sure of receiving the chips (I bought from another forum member).

I've placed my order now, but it needs some manual processing in the web store.  I've PM'd JJ.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:40:44 PM

I would have ordered further in advance, but I wasn't too sure of receiving the chips (I bought from another forum member).

I've placed my order now, but it needs some manual processing in the web store.  I've PM'd JJ.
JJ is gone again so I don't think it will work(he is working on his mining facility). He didn't finished store yet. For now I'm the one you PM Smiley And I'm taking care of all world at the moment Smiley
bx8389

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:57:35 AM

Hello Lucko, Form

Can you give us some news/update on COINTAMINATION 16 board testing?
With Batch 1 delivery imminent, It is planed any deadline to order it?

Regards

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:10:56 PM

My 112 chips are now on their way to Lucko by EMS.  Here's hoping they soon make their way onto boards and into hashland.

Since BFL chose the FCBGA package with a metal top cover, I will be disappointed if it's not laser engraved with a holographic BFL logo.

Glad to see BFL didn't disappoint in this regard.  Cheesy

MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:15:07 PM

JJ is gone again so I don't think it will work(he is working on his mining facility). He didn't finished store yet. For now I'm the one you PM Smiley And I'm taking care of all world at the moment Smiley

Could you provide an address so we can send you our chips to mount on the boards you will host for us.
 Also please respond to the Emails regarding the 8-chip board arrangement.

Much thanks!

Lucko (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:31:51 PM

Hello Lucko, Form

Regards

I have send some emails to GB list... Have you forgot to give me your mail? Yes you should order by end of the week. I might not been clear on that...

We don't have enough working samples for 16 board test. We got a lot of DOA... Could be BFL packing could be something else... Hard to say. We only know that all panic with soldering(first thing we thought it was wrong) and then checking board unnecessary. As I already explain we test that by moving chips around the board and see same chips working. But I agree until we have a working 16 chip board there is always possibility it might not work... Even if small really chance.

Could you provide an address so we can send you our chips to mount on the boards you will host for us.

Much thanks!
OK some bad news. JJ had to much work with his mining facility so he will not be able to work on boards as well. So we lost US mounting... Sorry... I will see if I can find a replacement or something but for now we are EU only...

MikeMike. I give up when I was asked for 3th time... This is last time. As GB buyer you will get hosting (free you pay only electricity) for that board till other 8 chips arrive. You need to pay for 8 chip board and when your chips arrive pay difference to 16 chip board. To avoid re-soldering and possibly damaging chips I will make 16 chip board with my chips so there is no danger for chips. I'm doing my best to help all GB buyers so that my wrong estimates don't affect you too much... I think most will agree. But yes sorry forgot to send the address but there is that eBay think you suggest I'm waiting... Please understand that now that I need to handle US and EU I have much more work that I thought I will have and it is easier for me to miss something.

So if I missed something. Some mail or PM please resend... I will adjust but I was not ready for that.
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:43:29 PM

Hello Lucko, Form

Regards

I have send some emails to GB list... Have you forgot to give me your mail? Yes you should order by end of the week. I might not been clear on that...

We don't have enough working samples for 16 board test. We got a lot of DOA... Could be BFL packing could be something else... Hard to say. We only know that all panic with soldering(first thing we thought it was wrong) and then checking board unnecessary. As I already explain we test that by moving chips around the board and see same chips working. But I agree until we have a working 16 chip board there is always possibility it might not work... Even if small really chance.

Much thanks!
OK some bad news. JJ had to much work with his mining facility so he will not be able to work on boards as well. So we lost US mounting... Sorry... I will see if I can find a replacement or something but for now we are EU only...

MikeMike. I give up when I was asked for 3th time... This is last time. As GB buyer you will get hosting (free you pay only electricity) for that board till other 8 chips arrive. You need to pay for 8 chip board and when your chips arrive pay difference to 16 chip board. To avoid re-soldering and possibly damaging chips I will make 16 chip board with my chips so there is no danger for chips. I'm doing my best to help all GB buyers so that my wrong estimates don't affect you too much... I think most will agree. But yes sorry forgot to send the address but there is that eBay think you suggest I'm waiting... Please understand that now that I need to handle US and EU I have much more work that I thought I will have and it is easier for me to miss something.

So if I missed something. Some mail or PM please resend... I will adjust but I was not ready for that.

Hi Lucko,

Thanks for not giving up as the little bit of more detail you put in this explanation answered all my Questions.

I will PM you the Ebay Link now.

We will pay for 8-chip board and send you payment for 16 chip board from GB#1
Also send you chips and payment for more 16-chip boards.

Cheers!

bx8389

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:37:46 PM

Hello Lucko, Form

Regards

Much thanks!

Thank you by explanations, I will send this week PM w/ SEPA transfer details
Spieder

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:42:08 AM

Lucko,

Since JJ dropped out will you still offer EU mounting for folks in the US who have chips already?
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:29:48 AM

Chips for sale:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309112.msg3316432#msg3316432

Lucko (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:26:15 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 07:54:41 PM by Lucko

Lucko,

Since JJ dropped out will you still offer EU mounting for folks in the US who have chips already?
Yes I will...
Lucko,

PM him.  I'm in Canada and I delivered my chips to him yesterday.  I think the cooling is being re-designed at the moment.
The one JJ had was too noisy from what I heard.  In few more days, we should see first 16 chip board hashing.

Don't quote me on this.  Lucko is the only one who knows the timelines...
You are right... I had to work a lot today so I was away till now. I was also some time at assembly facility. There was a small problem since we used rev 1.2 boards. Rev 1.3 boards are just about to be delivered and this problem is solved there.

We needed to add some more reference points on board. It is noting to do with electrics... So at this moment I did stop making process so we can change program for P&P machine so there will be no problem with boards made on rev 1.2. Will do all that is needed tomorrow and I was promised pick and place again day after...

af_newbie don't worry your chips were not touch as promised I experiment with my remaining samples. I was just unhappy with positioning. It was just not good enough. Unfortunately that happens with first runs(till now we did board by hand)... Could do your boards by hand(chip part) but since cooling is not yet made I didn't. As explained in mail I had only one orders for test board and since I didn't had any orders by that time I didn't think I will need one so fast...

So I repeat. Everyone start planing ahead. I don't have money for more then 10 boards stock so order ahead of time.
bx8389

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:56:27 AM

Thank you by explanations, I will send this week PM w/ SEPA transfer details

So I repeat. Everyone start planing ahead. I don't have money for more then 10 boards stock so order ahead of time.

Sent today in advance board value for my batch 3 chips with batch 3 chips value.
Hope this can help ( a little )...
Choadmeyer

Activity: 495
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:24:15 PM

16 chips in hand. Please send a shipping address and an address for payment for the board and mounting.

Please let me know if/when chip mounting will begin.

Thanks.
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:27:21 PM

OK so today we finished first production board and 3 are done to reflow ready state... (This means that board are as the one we are selling as reflow ready. No plastic parts on and no capacitors or power modules. The way they come out of reflow oven) Chips are nice and levelled... All looks good...

One finished board was(my with samples on it) tested in various ways to validate there was no mistakes done in assembly process(impotent since this are last samples and first automated run). I know I'm moving slow but I will rather do one test more then burn chips and need to experiment on costumer board. When I will know that process is OK we will move faster.

It is weekend but we will continue on Sunday(board guy I have hire in Slovenia can't do it tomorrow) so next updates and probably hashes comes at that time... I'm pretty sure we will have all boards done on Sunday... I will update you with some pictures tomorrow... It is 1:27 am as I write hire and just came home...
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:07:59 PM

OK so today we finished first production board and 3 are done to reflow ready state... (This means that board are as the one we are selling as reflow ready. No plastic parts on and no capacitors or power modules. The way they come out of reflow oven) Chips are nice and levelled... All looks good...

One finished board was(my with samples on it) tested in various ways to validate there was no mistakes done in assembly process(impotent since this are last samples and first automated run). I know I'm moving slow but I will rather do one test more then burn chips and need to experiment on costumer board. When I will know that process is OK we will move faster.

It is weekend but we will continue on Sunday(board guy I have hire in Slovenia can't do it tomorrow) so next updates and probably hashes comes at that time... I'm pretty sure we will have all boards done on Sunday... I will update you with some pictures tomorrow... It is 1:27 am as I write hire and just came home...
Sleep well Lucko

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: