Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:55:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili  (Read 73031 times)
Lucko (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:27:07 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 06:28:10 PM by Lucko

Thanks! As you know by mail updates for GB buyers I was up for 1,5 hours more Smiley And daughter decided that I have enough sleep at 7am... But luckily girlfriend helped me to get 1 hour more... And we went to Adriatic coast to charge my battery and so that I spend some time with them... Had nice day... Tomorrow back to work... Now some pictures...

But there were some screw ups by me, suppliers and some just a force of circumstances... They send different capacitors. Same value but not type ordered... Next one is that we could not get red and green diode in time so board has only red ones... And I ordered by mistake wrong PCI-e plug... So it is not plugged in from side but from top  Roll Eyes

EDIT: All but led will be fix for next run...
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:37:28 PM

What!!!!!!  "no green light" on our miners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
asjfdlksfd

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:30:22 PM

And I ordered by mistake wrong PCI-e plug... So it is not plugged in from side but from top  Roll Eyes
Ah you can put them on my boards. I don't want side usage normally too for the trimmers.
The reason is I want as many as possible in a 4HE 19" Serverrack to put them to a air conditioned server room and top connections will help. So I want to have so less space as possible between much boards.

Another question:
I read yesterday the PCI-E 6pin power plug is certified only up to 75 W against 8pin power plug is certified up to 150 W. Maybe by 15W per chip and 8 Chips they consuming > 120 W. Maybe you should redesign to 8pin plugs (which have 2 more gnd connections).

Cheers....
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

And I ordered by mistake wrong PCI-e plug... So it is not plugged in from side but from top  Roll Eyes
Ah you can put them on my boards. I don't want side usage normally too for the trimmers.
The reason is I want as many as possible in a 4HE 19" Serverrack to put them to a air conditioned server room and top connections will help. So I want to have so less space as possible between much boards.

Another question:
I read yesterday the PCI-E 6pin power plug is certified only up to 75 W against 8pin power plug is certified up to 150 W. Maybe by 15W per chip and 8 Chips they consuming > 120 W. Maybe you should redesign to 8pin plugs (which have 2 more gnd connections).

Cheers....

There is another thread explaining the power capacity of PCI-E plugs 6pin verses 8pin.
It explained that 6pin 75w is only a rating for GPU devices, the plug itself can go far higher.

I havn't been able to find it again, (it was a few months ago) maybe another reader can remember where it was and post the link?

Free standing power supplies of 400w and more are also using dual 6pin PCI-E plugs.

asjfdlksfd

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:30:20 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 04:34:38 PM by asjfdlksfd

There is another thread explaining the power capacity of PCI-E plugs 6pin verses 8pin.
It explained that 6pin 75w is only a rating for GPU devices, the plug itself can go far higher.
Ah ok. I checked again the specs from here:
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0455580002_PCB_HEADERS.xml&channel=Products

Max load per pin is here 6 / 2 * 8A * 12V = 288 W. Also enough for the board.
Thx for your comment.

Cheers...
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:23:03 PM

+1 ... I don't like cables to side as well, they are almost every time in the way when getting board into cases. Same goes for the USB cable on the board.

@asjfdlksfd Do you have special designed case? I would be interested.

Cheers

one4many
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 02:13:07 PM

+1 ... I don't like cables to side as well, they are almost every time in the way when getting board into cases. Same goes for the USB cable on the board.

Cheers

one4many

Side, top, under angle, it does not matter.  I'll not be putting them in cases or look at them.  Red, greed or any other color LED are fine.
All it matters is that they hash, and don't catch fire.

asjfdlksfd

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:41:50 PM

No, not yet. I would like a Server case for ATX-E boards. One which I've bought in the past have tree 12 or 14cm fans (must check it again) which blows from front to back.
In Front left and right are normally the drives installed. Maybe up to 6 boards can be fittet, but I will check them first I got the pcb sample from lucko (one of the reason why I want to get a board from you)

The other part I've found is the usb port should also be pluggable from top. So dependend on the space I can replace them.

Cheers...
asjfdlksfd

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:43:32 PM

Side, top, under angle, it does not matter.  I'll not be putting them in cases or look at them.  Red, greed or any other color LED are fine.

I'll place the parts in a server room. It is essential to mount them in a related case.

Cheers...
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 05:35:44 PM

I'll place the parts in a server room. It is essential to mount them in a related case.

Cheers...

Mine (PSU+board+rpi) are on a piece of plywood, 3/4" stands.  Works well.  I can move my setup anywhere.  Server room, basement, shed whatever.
As long as it does not rain on it.  Remember, in 6-8 months you'll be upgrading anyway.  What are you going to do with the custom case?

I learned the hard way, don't over invest in the setup. In time, all our mining hardware will go on the curb anyway. IMHO.

MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:00:13 PM

Might be interested in Buying some chips.
Please PM IF selling...

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

I have 4 chips for sell lucko
Batch 2
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:31:54 AM

I just wanted to post here as a warning to anyone looking to buy a Cointamination board in the US to be sure to go to Lucko and not to purchase anything through JerimiahJohnson.

JerimiahJohnson is in fact Thomas Van Riper, who went by cablepair here. He's scammer tagged and still owes bASIC customers very large sums of money. As someone who had orders for bASIC products on order with him, I would not trust him with a dime. Go directly to Lucko.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:20:22 AM

I just wanted to post here as a warning to anyone looking to buy a Cointamination board in the US to be sure to go to Lucko and not to purchase anything through JerimiahJohnson.

JerimiahJohnson is in fact Thomas Van Riper, who went by cablepair here. He's scammer tagged and still owes bASIC customers very large sums of money. As someone who had orders for bASIC products on order with him, I would not trust him with a dime. Go directly to Lucko.

Really?  He introduced himself as "Rob" in my PMs and emails.

+1 for Lucko. 

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:42:21 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 04:40:15 AM by dwdoc

Really?  He introduced himself as "Rob" in my PMs and emails.

+1 for Lucko. 

The bASIC scandal occurred before I joined the forum so I can't speak to that. Also JerimiahJohnson has already announced he is not currently accepting payment for board assembly.

However, I sent my 97 chips to JerimiahJohnson's assembly house in Oregon on 9/19/13 and paid him $3600. After waiting a month with no board assembly due to technical difficulties I called the assembly house and was told the chips and PCB's had been sent to Thomas Van Riper, St. Regis Falls, NY.

I know Lucko is frustrated about the way things turned out and is trying to fix things.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 06:43:29 AM

Wow creepy

GrapeApe

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:19:41 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 03:31:35 PM by GrapeApe

Really?  He introduced himself as "Rob" in my PMs and emails.

+1 for Lucko.  

The bASIC scandal occurred before I joined the forum so I can't speak to that. Also JerimiahJohnson has already announced he is not currently accepting payment for board assembly.

However, I sent my 97 chips to JerimiahJohnson's assembly house in Oregon on 9/19/13 and paid him $3600. After waiting a month with no board assembly due to technical difficulties I called the assembly house and was told the chips and PCB's had been sent to Thomas Van Riper, St. Regis Falls, NY.

I know Lucko is frustrated about the way things turned out and is trying to fix things.

Yeah sorry to hear that dwdoc. Hey Lucko is everything okay? Is there anything we should know about?
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

Condolences dwdoc.  That really sucks.  It's times like that you really wish you had an uncle Vini.
Lucko (OP)

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:42:18 PM

Yes everything is fine I'm just working really long days... And then when I finish some family time till my daughter goes to sleep and then board work...

Now I might say a word or two about JJ thing. I don't think he was there to scam anyone. I'm sure he was just doing the best he could but not have enough knowledge and back out. He only took dwdoc order as far as I know and he did send him a check to repay him. He lost confidence in himself being able to make this work when he destroyed one board without cooling and chips on the other two boards turned out dead...

Now form and JJ have a same friend that is a hero member so we assumed that hi is OK. I still think he just got over his head and nothing else. Now I really don't know what was bASIC and what happened so I can't say nothing about that...
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:52:19 PM

Yes everything is fine I'm just working really long days... And then when I finish some family time till my daughter goes to sleep and then board work...

Now I might say a word or two about JJ thing. I don't think he was there to scam anyone. I'm sure he was just doing the best he could but not have enough knowledge and back out. He only took dwdoc order as far as I know and he did send him a check to repay him. He lost confidence in himself being able to make this work when he destroyed one board without cooling and chips on the other two boards turned out dead...

Now form and JJ have a same friend that is a hero member so we assumed that hi is OK. I still think he just got over his head and nothing else. Now I really don't know what was bASIC and what happened so I can't say nothing about that...

Thank you Lucko for your post.

One question:- did he destroy the board or was it also part of the poor samples and he only thinks he toasted it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: