Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:09:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili  (Read 73031 times)
Lucko (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:39:37 AM

At this point the only real information I have is that there was an error in building the boards but which part is incorrect isn't known, and that the ASIC core power goes immediately into a current limit fault when it is powered on.
That was my assumption. But it doesn't look like it is. Unless I missed something it is assembled correctly. And from data I got back till now they also didn't find anything. Is there a way a new firmware for VRM is the problem?

EDIT: Also there are no shorts. Is there a way to say ignore error? Heat will tell if there is really a problem.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:00:21 PM

At this point the only real information I have is that there was an error in building the boards but which part is incorrect isn't known, and that the ASIC core power goes immediately into a current limit fault when it is powered on.
That was my assumption. But it doesn't look like it is. Unless I missed something it is assembled correctly. And from data I got back till now they also didn't find anything. Is there a way a new firmware for VRM is the problem?

EDIT: Also there are no shorts. Is there a way to say ignore error? Heat will tell if there is really a problem.
No, the fast overcurrent faults are not something that can be programmed out. You can email me the details on what you've done with these units and I can comment on whether I can see an issue and any results the person you talked to might have found.
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:04:51 PM

No, the fast overcurrent faults are not something that can be programmed out. You can email me the details on what you've done with these units and I can comment on whether I can see an issue and any results the person you talked to might have found.

Lucko ... again ... what is the status ...
I suspect nothing happened again ...
Send 2 boards to MrTeal so he can diagnose the problem, it can not be that hard to make a parcel ready.

one4many
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:33:35 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 02:13:34 PM by Lucko

It was always something happening but if you are saying that I wasn't doing nothing last 10 days that is right. I was waiting and yesterday I got the report back.

1. it is put together correctly
2. they replaced components that can't be measured(with same as they were used for all batches)

Board is still not working and what they think is that there is ether a

1. defective component that is on all boards and in extra parts I still have but was not on all others that worked(all is same batch)
2. something to do with firmware
3. something to do with PCB that can't be detected in static stage and happens only in special conditions

I shared that with MrTeal too...

P.S.: I also looked over what was left over and it is in a ball park(some are always lost do to replacements when checked, inserting into PnP...)
one4many

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:19:46 AM

Thx for the update Lucko

I still think you should send 2 boards to MrTeal, he is the only one who knows the thing inside out and waste not more time on trying to find the problem yourself.

one4many
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

It was always something happening but if you are saying that I wasn't doing nothing last 10 days that is right. I was waiting and yesterday I got the report back.

1. it is put together correctly
2. they replaced components that can't be measured(with same as they were used for all batches)

Board is still not working and what they think is that there is ether a

1. defective component that is on all boards and in extra parts I still have but was not on all others that worked(all is same batch)
2. something to do with firmware
3. something to do with PCB that can't be detected in static stage and happens only in special conditions

I shared that with MrTeal too...

P.S.: I also looked over what was left over and it is in a ball park(some are always lost do to replacements when checked, inserting into PnP...)

Lucko,
Did you ever get these boards working?

We have approached you on a few occasions to send us a board and we will have our tech guy find out what's wrong with it and provide a FIX for it.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:33:39 PM

Isn't is a little late to be fixing this generation of board? Refund and close it all out.
one4many

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:09:45 PM

Isn't is a little late to be fixing this generation of board? Refund and close it all out.
My guess is, Lucko not in the position to refund anything.  Huh
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:16:14 PM

I have some working Chili boards I could be bribed to sell to UK buyers.
I am very close to my power limits and my server room it now rather warm.(3 weeks ago it was too cold, then the spring sunshine arrived.....)

EDIT:- is it OK to do this here Lucko?

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
one4many

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:07:38 PM

blah blah deleted

So what is happening now ... have you sent board to MrTeal?

one4many
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:47:17 AM

Lucko,

We have approached you on a few occasions to send us a board and we will have our tech guy find out what's wrong with it and provide a FIX for it.

I'm not sure how can I explain that to you any clearer than I did in a past. I'm not allowed to share this data. Did you ever hear for intellectual property? I'm not even allowed to share any data with Form(re-asked that and got same answer again). If you would like to get Chili blueprints contact MrTeal not me. So please stop.

My guess is, Lucko not in the position to refund anything.  Huh
Unfortunately you are right. I don't have anything near the money needed for that...
I am very close to my power limits and my server room it now rather warm.(3 weeks ago it was too cold, then the spring sunshine arrived.....)

Sure go for it...

blah blah deleted

one4many
I'm agreeing with MrTeal this thing right now...
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:03:30 AM

Lucko,

I'm not sure how can I explain that to you any clearer than I did in a past. I'm not allowed to share this data. Did you ever hear for intellectual property? I'm not even allowed to share any data with Form(re-asked that and got same answer again). If you would like to get Chili blueprints contact MrTeal not me. So please stop.

My guess is, Lucko not in the position to refund anything.  Huh
Unfortunately you are right. I don't have anything near the money needed for that...

Sure go for it...

blah blah deleted

one4many
I'm agreeing with MrTeal this thing right now...

Wow,

What a Bummer MrTeal Keeping you from getting Boards Fixed.

I thought MrTeal would be Cool with doing whatever it takes at this point.

Keep at it I guess...

Best.

What I meant was all we need is the Board.
No Files.
No Data from the Contract with MrTeal.

What's so bad about just sending the Board to someone?
It's not like you are giving us his intellectual property.
It's Just the board and nothing else.

Maybe you should ask again so no misunderstanding???

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:51:17 AM

Wow,

Keep at it I guess...

Best.

No Files.

I am not keeping Lucko from getting the board fixed. On the contrary, I have even provided the full schematics for it to aid him in debugging when that wasn't part of the original agreement. I have no problem working with Lucko to try and fix the issue, and providing him the tools he needs to try to debug it himself. I would (as I have in the past) debug it and try to isolate what the problem is free of charge, though what I am able to do is extremely limited without access to hardware. The only thing I am not agreeing to is the sharing of all the design files. Believe me, I want to see this resolved as much as anyone.
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:29:48 AM

Wow,

Keep at it I guess...

Best.

No Files.

I am not keeping Lucko from getting the board fixed. On the contrary, I have even provided the full schematics for it to aid him in debugging when that wasn't part of the original agreement. I have no problem working with Lucko to try and fix the issue, and providing him the tools he needs to try to debug it himself. I would (as I have in the past) debug it and try to isolate what the problem is free of charge, though what I am able to do is extremely limited without access to hardware. The only thing I am not agreeing to is the sharing of all the design files. Believe me, I want to see this resolved as much as anyone.

Excellent and that's what I would expect from you.
Heck at this point too bad You and Us could not get our hands on a board to help out.

I just hope it could be soon as BTC will be on the rise again and give these old BFL chips a resurrection of use.
Especially those with unlimited power or not being charged for power.

The Offer Still Stands:
We could get our Tech guy to test and try to find a fix free of charge.
No Files needed etc. Just the Board.
We would also consult with You/MrTeal on our findings and suggestions.

To ALL Concerned:
Just PM Us IF you want to send us a board.
Two could be better but at least 1-Board.

Best...

one4many

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:05:20 PM

[/quote]

So Lucko,

when are you sending 2 boards to MrTeal? I seems like you have more than enough information to fix the boards but you can't. So send them to him so he can find the problem for you. Why does take this so long?

one4many
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:11:10 AM

So Lucko,

when are you sending 2 boards to MrTeal? I seems like you have more than enough information to fix the boards but you can't. So send them to him so he can find the problem for you. Why does take this so long?

one4many
I spent some time today with Lucko through Teamviewer while he measured points on the board for me. We did identify a couple areas where the idle voltage was completely wrong, so we'll follow up on that once Lucko gets some finer measuring tools for testing the very small components. It's not a solution yet, but finding out where the problem lies is at least the first step to fixing it.
one4many

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:55:15 AM

So Lucko,

one4many
I spent some time today with Lucko through Teamviewer while he measured points on the board for me. We did identify a couple areas where the idle voltage was completely wrong, so we'll follow up on that once Lucko gets some finer measuring tools for testing the very small components. It's not a solution yet, but finding out where the problem lies is at least the first step to fixing it.
Thank you MrTeal, Lucko .. at least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

one4many
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:40:15 AM

Yes and it doesn't look to be a train... Removing components that we think are the problem put voltage to right levels. I also looked at some other boards and it looks like they all have same problem. Voltage are different but not in necessary range. Now all that is needed is for me to get components that I know they work(from a working board back on). It looks like my stock somehow got demeaned... That is today project... I would kill right now for more steady hand... My is shaking juts a bit too much...
Lucko (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:49:13 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 07:05:52 PM by Lucko

I know you are waiting for me to tell did it worked or not. I did replaced that parts but unfortunately I think I also also burned capacitor that is close. I don't have a replacement at hand and moving it from another board is not really an option since it is really small and I will probably just damage it anyway... I order some of them in case it repeats with some other boards and also together with suspected part. I'm waiting conformation for tomorrow delivery...

Edit:
Got trekking
Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 28/05/2014, By End of Day

Lucko (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:35:02 PM

And it is running... I hope it is same error on all of them. Also asked a friend who is much batter in soldering then I to help me with the rest. I almost destroy PCB in a process.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: