Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Ethereum Age  (Read 597 times)
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:04:05 AM

Lol. You know what pal, i too love ethereum and all, and actually believe that it will reach new heights this year but, to say that ethereum is going over bitcoin is just too much. Lol. Ethereum isn't even worth comparing to bitcoins. At least not at this time. But no matter how good ethereum is, i really find it impossible to even get close to overcoming bitcoin.
[/quote]

Perfect. Yes and no, yes for ethereum to be a leader in altcoins and would definitely reach new heights due to its marketing cap and low transaction fees. No for ethereum to beat or overcome bitcoin, since bitcoin has its own heights and no altcoins can touch it for another 10 years I believe.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

Evryone suspect 2018 is a good year for ETH but this rush from the dawn is a important signal for cryptocurrency community!
A changing are comin'...is possible think ETH are going over BTC this year!

Lots of speculations are made last year and even today about ETH's future. I am speculating that ETH will finally hit 1,000$ this year but going over BTC seems to be very impossible for me. What i am concerned for now if ETH can climbed back to where it has positioned after Ripple surged pass ETH.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
amzadabir

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:10:09 AM

Yes, this Eth rate is better than BTC. Yet I think the price of BTC next week will increase. Hopefully there will be 25k. Now BTC has the opportunity to buy.
kennyy2929

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:13:49 AM

i don't think ETH can replace bitcoin. nothing can beat bitcoin in years but for sure ETH will rise.
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:15:26 AM

I don't know if ETH can exceed BTC, but I know that the price of ETH is still relatively low, so it still has a lot of room to rise.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:28:42 AM

I think so, ETH to the moon! It is possible for ETH to exceed BTC, and I think ETH is the future of cryptocurrency! Grin Grin Grin

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
GuiDonK

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

Good news about ethereum,there will be a good hard fork.
EtheZero have all the deam features of all Dapp developers needed: 0 TX fee,instant pay and high scaling of thousands of TPS.
On the block height #4936270 (Greenwich time 19:00-21:00 January 19, 2018). Each ETH holder receives 1 ETZ for each 1 ETH for free.
Vastraint

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:00:35 PM

It's possible and everyone want it Ethereum will take over Bitcoin, But I don't think 2018 Ethereum can reach 13000$.We will see what's the result of ethereum this year.

Maybe Ripple will. It went up 400x in like 9 months. Shocked

I doubt that ripple will went up up to 400 times and that it can surpass bitcoin. And even if this year might become Ethereum Age, I still don't think that Ethereum will go over bitcoin. But I hope Ethereum will soon reach 10K even if it doesn't surpass bitcoin this year, so all my holdings will be worth it before 2018 ends.  Grin

antagonist

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:05:15 PM

Evryone suspect 2018 is a good year for ETH but this rush from the dawn is a important signal for cryptocurrency community!
A changing are comin'...is possible think ETH are going over BTC this year!

brother this is bitcoin age in 100 year they will say this ,, i do not think in 100 year human will speak any good thing about ethereum , bitcoin is like cure of finance criminal cancer that was destroy whole world and destroy my whole country for many year even
bitcoin is like second return of jesus or maybe who ever prophet or "profit"  Cheesy Cheesy whoms most of us ppls hear prays to alls mornings
in 100 year they will say it that this is age of bitcoin
never they will say this age is when ethereum came and saved world , this no even sound like correct thing to mention in presence of retard ppl whoms may believe this one
ruzadovec

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:07:51 PM

Current ethereum prices are very good hope that by 2018 eth prices will cross the $ 1500 mark. The current eth is quite dependent on the bitcoin hope that eth will overcome the shadow of bitcoin.
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:08:14 PM

It seems to me that no coin surpasses bitcoin in importance. And the etherium as well. Yes, the etherium is a good coin and goes after bitcoin, but they still have a problem with scalability.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

Good news about ethereum,there will be a good hard fork.
EtheZero have all the deam features of all Dapp developers needed: 0 TX fee,instant pay and high scaling of thousands of TPS.
On the block height #4936270 (Greenwich time 19:00-21:00 January 19, 2018). Each ETH holder receives 1 ETZ for each 1 ETH for free.
any reference about this mate? I wanted to read so I can place some investment again with eth, we all knew that this con really just
a sleeping giant where we will expect the value to rise 2018 would be the great start then eventually it will chase the value of btc.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:26:44 PM

I believe ETH will just move back to the number 2 spot on the charts but I think it will thoroughly plant itself there. Ripple will no longer be an issue hopefully.
That is one thing most people are not even understanding. The alts are really trying to stay relevant hugely by fighting for the top 10 spots and ETH trying to drag position with bitcoin is totally far from it. Now, XRP has displaced bitcoin from the second position, and in as much as I do not like XRP anyway, it is still getting some recognition. We all do not know if ETH will take that position back, but it is a tough world for cryptos and it is more like survival of the fittest.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:49:27 PM

The Ethereum should show high growth in 2018. No one can predict how events will develop.
However, a huge number of developing on ETH platform projects creates its own ecosystem. So Ethereum will not depend on the Bitcoin volatility in the future.
By the way, a number of countries expect the development of their digital economies on the Ether platform basis.
I like your enthusiasm about Ethereum also the characteristics of being a platform for various projects of ethereum can't be denied. But the way ethereum is been exaggerated is something unfair. It was a challenge for it yesterday to increase it's market cap than the ripple which ripple won very finely. Ripple market cap right now is appropriately 5 Billion above from ethereum while matching bitcoin and ethereum is insane. Bitcoin is carrying 36% of market cap in more than 1300 cryptocurrencies available. I don't think ETH could make it win from bitcoin.
Bitcall (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:52:58 PM

I rember last year, when eth is 1 billion va btc 4,5 billion, BTC was  bigger 4 time then ETC, I also rember when ETH was 32 billion and BTC 39... very near... Too many peaple know how ETH is important for blockchain tech development... the problem is the person who control that market, someone suspect some peaple behind ripple try to getting more ETH and BTC possible for influence all market and put the end at this economyc wealth generated by cryptocurrency system... I think this is the real problem to solve in 2018 for ETH and for all cryptocoin community.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:53:35 PM

I think so. The first position is of course still bitcoin, but no coin can edge ETH in second place in 2018. Because ETH is showing a boom last year and will grow stronger this year by attracting more investors into it.
Most of the ICO projects now needs funding that is in ETH and their token is erc20 comapatible and you need ethereum to transact this token for this reason I believe that ethereum will skyrocket this year.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
coupable

Activity: 2366
Merit: 757

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:55:54 PM

The ethereum network users are waiting for the second phase of update sheduled for this year so there is a lot to say and argue before and after the update which will effect the price in big high for sure but to be raisonnable, it's too early talking about ethereum replacing bitcoin as the most valued token in the market. Still a lot of problems to solve.
K0korap

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:59:17 PM

I don't think that eth will overcome bitcoin. There might be a fall right now in terms of bitcoin's market value but still it tops all the crytpocurrencies. the glow of crypto is stable as is and just like what most of the people in the community predicted there will be times that BTC will have a fall in value but still it's a far fetched assumption to say that eth will overcome BTC this year.

Thewel

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

yes the possibility is now the era of ethereum and most likely will continue to rise, especially now that many people who move to ethereum as a transaction so that the price of ethereum itself is increasing, then from utu is now the era of ethereum.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     HEXCASH     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◆◆◆◆◆     A T​RULY​ DECENTRALISED FUND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM     ◆◆◆◆◆
WP   TWITTER   FACEBOOK   ◆   TOKEN SALE   ◆   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ANN
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:46 AM

It is possible but I don't expect the growth of ETH to be more than 2x that of BTC and as a result it won't take over number one spot on CMC. ETH will get its dance on but it won't overthrown BTC in my opinion.
For those who have been watching the crypto market recently, I am sure they must have seen how the altcoins are getting stepped down even from their positions on coinmarketcap and that shows that even Ethereum may not be able to even retain that position as well for long and it is a battle of alts as far as I am concerned on which would stay relevant or rather survive and which will not.

Hence it is going to be a long ride for Ethereum to even think of overtaking bitcoin in this case.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: