Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin anonymous?  (Read 503 times)
OninLoki (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:13:14 AM

Bitcoin is designed to allow its users to send and receive payments with an acceptable level of privacy as well as any other form of money. However, Bitcoin is not anonymous and cannot offer the same level of privacy as cash.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:38:29 AM

Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous in nature and can't be considered as completely anonymous. Every transaction is recorded through a public ledger known as blockchain. So everything can be monitored through that ledger. Definitely cash transactions are more private as it will not be seen or monitored by others, but large amount of cash handling is a problem. Here bitcoin offers you more value. A smartphone is what you need to make a bitcoin transfer. So it is easy for handling compared to cash transactions. 

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:38:37 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous, as identity of the holder is unknown, but it is certainly not private.  Every transaction is publicly recorded and broadcast in the blockchain.  It offers greater anonymity than cash, where I must be present to use, but less privacy of cash which is only between me and the other party.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:45:40 AM

Why do you need that kind of privacy if you are not doing something wrong?

Matters regarding improper transactions​of money in the black market need to be controlled!

The reason why everyone has a pan card is to track their transactions and then use it, for reference to see if they are doing something wrong .

Bitcoins is anonymous if used correctly..but I don't know what effect it has ? In making it so.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:46:30 AM

Bitcoin is designed to allow its users to send and receive payments with an acceptable level of privacy as well as any other form of money. However, Bitcoin is not anonymous and cannot offer the same level of privacy as cash.
Of course not, bitcoin is not full anonymous the people still can track our transaction of bitcoin if they know about our wallet of bitcoin, but we can make bitcoin to be more anonymous and increase level of privacy like fiat money with third party, they are bitcoin mixing services, many services to protect our privacy in bitcoin out there, for example based on my experience we can use https://[banned mixer]/ to increase our privacy on there, so our bitcoin to be full anonymous.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 08:52:53 AM

BTC isn't completely anonymous. It has a ledger called blockchain where every transaction is stored and details can be retrieved at any point in time. So no BTC isn't anonymous in any way.
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:32:53 AM

Bitcoin isn't anonymous if you want to cash out
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:41:37 AM

There will be ways to identify the user but it will be very difficult and most probably involve the highest level of importance (like global) and lots of resources to get it. No one would bother to find you.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:48:37 AM

if the bitcoin is known and the creator talks with bitcoin, the bitcoin price is not as high as its price. Media is likely to have many questions about bitcoin. as vitalik buterin he knows that the creator of ethereum has invested heavily on him because of his talents and talents. if vitalik get a sick or die but the price of ethereum could have fallen because it has nothing to do with it because he knows all the social people he has done. That's bitcoin's advatages because of annonymous bitcoin and the community just raising its price.
Disclaimer: this is my own theory.. Theory has no proof thanks.
integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:50:41 AM

Bitcoin isn't anonymous if you want to cash out
It is still can be anonymous. If you cash out your bitcoin from hand. I mean you can sell your bitcoin to a person. You dont need to use exchange websites. So that person can only know who you are. But also you can hire someone to do it.

antagonist

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:54:37 AM

i no understand where this kind agrument develop from of peoples claim they have when say bitcoin not annonymouse
even i think bitcoin huge huge big time more anonymouse even than cash which you will trade with face to face style ,, bitcoin is thing u no even need wear clothing underwears in house to trade it with other human in other country or other world maybe like some of this people i meet in this bitcoin place Cheesy yes bitcoin very anonymous only because you can use eyeball to look on blockchain and look on other people transaction no mean not anonymous this one maybe fake information detail that they create for bitcoin ,, i no impressed by this one
bitcoin very annonyms even more in this way than fiats
tachi641

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:59:46 AM

Bitcoin is no way anonymous.. it follows the pattern of each transaction which is followed by bitcoiner BTC
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:11:07 AM

To understand Bitcoin’s anonymity, it's necessary to first understand how Bitcoin works on a basic level. Bitcoin transactions, by design, are not linked to a person or identity. But a person’s identity can still be tracked down using public address info and IPs. That is why Bitcoin transactions are called pseudo-anonymous.
If you want to ensure anonymity, it is desirable to use cryptocurrencies like Zcash or Monero. Additional methods include hiding your IP address, using mixing services, using the TOR browser or VPNs. Although the phrase "you have got nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide" is commonly heard whenever privacy is mentioned, there are many reasons why financial privacy is necessary.

Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:24:17 AM

No, bitcoins are technically possible to find information, so they cannot be called anonymous tokens. So there are a lot of new anonymous ICO tokens, which are used in illegal ways such as money laundering.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
antagonist

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:27:14 AM

To understand Bitcoin’s anonymity, it's necessary to first understand how Bitcoin works on a basic level. Bitcoin transactions, by design, are not linked to a person or identity. But a person’s identity can still be tracked down using public address info and IPs. That is why Bitcoin transactions are called pseudo-anonymous.

since you say this can you show here bitcoin transaction that also show ip address , i think i want to see this one here  Cheesy
my friend ,, i study blockchain for long time i understend wells how blockchgain work ,, i tell to you today that no possible for blockchain store ip address
this no how blockchain work
if i am wrong please you must post here transaction that show ip address

No, bitcoins are technically possible to find information, so they cannot be called anonymous tokens. So there are a lot of new anonymous ICO tokens, which are used in illegal ways such as money laundering.

can you prove this thing that you say ,, or you repeat hear thing that you hear andreas antonopolouse say ?
its better for us if you prove this thing that you say with evidence for us that show bitcoin transaction that contain ip address
this one i can say to you is not possible

bitcoin is not only anonymouse it is supper big times anonymouse if not please post here evidence that we can see , not just word that someone who is bitcoin guru "experts" say that you hear on youtubes
show here blockchain transaction that not only store of bitcoin unspend output also but storage of ip identity Cheesy
i tell to you that this is impossible
blockchain no work in that way
penig

Merit: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:43:22 AM

Lets clarify something here, anonymous means it does not identify a person.  A bitcoin by itself contains no identifiable information, likewise a transaction in bitcoin contains no identifiable information either.  The fact you could trace that transaction to an identifiable person doesn't make it immediately non-anonymous, because it is those other pieces of information that are identifiable information.  Its fair to call it pseudo-anonymous because it does have risk of linking to identifiable information, but its not fair to completely reject it as not anonymous. 

On the other hand, anyone within the bitcoin ecosystem who has access to identifiable information (an address or IP) about a transaction could leak or broadcast that information, so the anonymity is fairly weak.  This applies to privacy coins too, they are only as good as the weakest point and if you have made a trade with someone who leaks information (i.e. the address for goods to be sent to) all the privacy and anonymity counts for nothing.  At best you can restict tracability to other transaction.

Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:44:23 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous since the owner of the wallet or an address is unknown and if you're going to make a transaction online the person who's behind the your transaction is unknown but the transaction you're going to make will be written publicly (Blockchain) the only thing that matters is that when you're going to withdraw your bitcoin to fiat because that's for sure the app provider, bank or whatsoever will going to identify you because of the withdrawal your going to make.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:46:05 AM

the interesting thing about anonymity of bitcoin is that bitcoin is not anonymous, as everyone obviously knows already but it can be anonymous if the user wants to.

for example you can look at the biggest icon in bitcoin: Satoshi Nakamoto.
of course that is an extreme example but it is a good example nonetheless. Satoshi's identity is hidden and will probably always remain hidden. but even as regular users you can stay as anonymous.

ps: don't mistake anonymity with privacy.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
antagonist

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:56:36 AM

for example you can look at the biggest icon in bitcoin: Satoshi Nakamoto.
of course that is an extreme example but it is a good example nonetheless. Satoshi's identity is hidden and will probably always remain hidden.

since you say here bitcoin no anonymouse then why you cannot post here ip address of satoshi nakamoto ?
why in entire 7 year no one person can post ip address for satoshi ?

is it because satoshi use cryptomixer ?

Its fair to call it pseudo-anonymous because it does have risk of linking to identifiable information

this one interest me in big way because i no ever see this ability in blockchain
Please say it here how bitcoin transaction link to identifiable informations

Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:09:38 PM

Anonimity in bitcoin is not complete, but a pseudonymous one. Every transactions that we do with bitcoin are logged on a blockchain. These transactions are linked with electronic addresses, but personal details about the sender or receiver are kept private. So, names or other personal information cannot be traced, unless you know who is the person behind the electronic address.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: