Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ALERT- STONE RAIBLOCKS PRIVACY FORK  (Read 2287 times)
CyraxMax

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:20:46 AM

Well it's pretty obvious I'm new - In fact I only made my account to donate to the project (You will find my name on the list @ 15XRB - which is a highly "loseable" amount for me regardless of what does or does happen.)

I asked him after I sent my transaction if he needed "or even wanted more money" for something to ask and he replied and I'm quoting "Nah man, just your support on the project."

You guys have a fair amount of evidence (some of it pretty fucking strong) and all of you have been around this block longer than I have but I do have to say that the "scammer" turning down more free money gives me hope.

So like I said - regardless of what happens that 15 XRB won't make or break me.  He seems like a pretty cool dude in PMs - turning down more money.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and hold out some measure of hope that it's a real project being done by a good person.

Noob accounts defending the scammer. Warning sign.

Man check my fucking Reddit history under this name.  I didn't defend anyone - All I did were report facts based around my experience with what was going on.

If you are calling factual reporting of "Scammers refusing extra money" I believe that would fall very squarely into the FUD category.

"Oh damn this noob asked if the guy wanted more money and he said he didn't!!!  WARNING SIGNS GUYS ITS A FUCKING SCAM."

Grow the fuck up.

You are the scammer. This is a scam.
Read the post above you. He copy pasted text from wikipedia. Word by word, to "explain" his implementation.
When this has been addressed by the community, he deleted the accusatory posts.
So I don't believe shit of what you are saying that he refused money. You are the scammer using this account.
The reddit account with the same name, there is no way we would know that it is you. Can be very easily somebody else and you just took that name for extra credibility.
Use common sense people. This scammer would do anything to squeeze as much money as he can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koinli

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:25:07 AM

thank you for this scam alert

once, i was a ZETH aggrieved, be aware from Scams folks,
CyraxMax

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:49:40 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I urge all to read this thread, before considering sending donations for this project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2677524.0

Posts being deleted from the Manta thread as well.
Same MO.
EternalPropagation

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:52:28 PM

well people were crying there it was scam,but some gullible people still went ahead and donated to the scammer,threads asking for donations or including a bitcoin or any Altcoin wallet requesting donations should be banned in the forum or at least require permission before doing so,donations should be allowed only to legitimate proven projects,every body here should complain to the forum moderator about this type of scams and ask them to require permission for donation request

"I don't trust your ability to decide what to spend money on so I want to decide for you" the post

It's Wild Wild West here on bitcointalk.
This forum should offer some kind of protection against scams like this.

Ah the old security is more important than freedom argument. Thought I'd see that one.

Members should look out for each other and not let assholes like Dave profit.

This. Have some agency.
KryptoQuant

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:02:54 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 07:34:59 PM by KryptoQuant

@KryptoQuant

That is useful information for me.Thank you for sharing.

You are welcome,
Thanks to bitpotus for starting this thread.

I'm currently working on adding this privacy feature, to be honest as a hobby in the evening as i still have my daily job. I have found a very interesting approach which would  misrepresent the current XRB approach. I have to work harder to keep the philosophy of the XRB, having free and instant anonymous transaction would be amazing.
Neo Baudrillard

Activity: 84
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 10:43:28 PM

Why this felixando is a "Copper Member" in Bitcointalk? What means?

Why this guy have status of "Copper Member" in Bitcointalk?

Yeuph

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:37:11 AM

Well it's pretty obvious I'm new - In fact I only made my account to donate to the project (You will find my name on the list @ 15XRB - which is a highly "loseable" amount for me regardless of what does or does happen.)

I asked him after I sent my transaction if he needed "or even wanted more money" for something to ask and he replied and I'm quoting "Nah man, just your support on the project."

You guys have a fair amount of evidence (some of it pretty fucking strong) and all of you have been around this block longer than I have but I do have to say that the "scammer" turning down more free money gives me hope.

So like I said - regardless of what happens that 15 XRB won't make or break me.  He seems like a pretty cool dude in PMs - turning down more money.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and hold out some measure of hope that it's a real project being done by a good person.

Noob accounts defending the scammer. Warning sign.

Man check my fucking Reddit history under this name.  I didn't defend anyone - All I did were report facts based around my experience with what was going on.

If you are calling factual reporting of "Scammers refusing extra money" I believe that would fall very squarely into the FUD category.

"Oh damn this noob asked if the guy wanted more money and he said he didn't!!!  WARNING SIGNS GUYS ITS A FUCKING SCAM."

Grow the fuck up.

You are the scammer. This is a scam.
Read the post above you. He copy pasted text from wikipedia. Word by word, to "explain" his implementation.
When this has been addressed by the community, he deleted the accusatory posts.
So I don't believe shit of what you are saying that he refused money. You are the scammer using this account.
The reddit account with the same name, there is no way we would know that it is you. Can be very easily somebody else and you just took that name for extra credibility.
Use common sense people. This scammer would do anything to squeeze as much money as he can.

I genuinely feel much better about my investment after being called the scammer lol.  If your analytical abilities have lead you to that conclusion I think we may be in the clear here =)

And no I didn't read the fucking thread above me.  I'm a fucking bricklayer and don't have the technical education to understand any of what is being said or argued.  Yes I understand what copy/paste means but I couldn't know if that was an acceptable thing to do or not.  The guy said had nothing to do with privacy so why would he copy paste it (or something similar) - How the fuck can I agree or disagree with that statement?  I'm a fucking bricklayer dude.

Edit:  I would imagine that a lot of the people here are educated/went to college?  You can't tell me that you guys can't get a hold of a speech analyst to A) analyze the writing of felixando and compare it with this old scammer you keep talking about and B) compare his writing with mine.

When I first saw this "Stone is a scam thread" I felt heartbroken - I felt like I lost my 15 XRB.  In reality the longer this goes on the better I feel about the project and the more apt to defend the lead dev I am becoming.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:26:12 AM

He already recieved almost 400,000 USD in donations, and theres not even a website or a whiterpaper. Also a lot of new accounts supporting and spamming the thread. Obvious scam is obvious.
Thinvestor

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:07:01 PM

He already recieved almost 400,000 USD in donations, and theres not even a website or a whiterpaper. Also a lot of new accounts supporting and spamming the thread. Obvious scam is obvious.

$400,000 with a single piece of code? Holy christ (just reposting this so people see its a scam)

The simpler it is, the better I like it
fennyllywof-7700

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:03:38 AM

bump since the main scam thread is being advertised again
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:00:42 AM

I am still waiting for the code before even try to donate there and a feedback video from the people who able to join the testnet. I'll just try to follow this thread also to see both sides
fennyllywof-7700

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:09:46 AM

I am still waiting for the code before even try to donate there and a feedback video from the people who able to join the testnet. I'll just try to follow this thread also to see both sides

it is a scam.

idiots like you who let their greed get the better of them are the reason why Dave Wilkinson is able to scam.

Roll Eyes
yaroslavskoll

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:36:09 AM

i think that This forum should offer some kind of protection against scams like this.
cryptosheeple

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:28:17 AM

$400,000 with a single piece of code? Holy christ (just reposting this so people see its a scam)

What code? lol. I can't believe people donated...  Huh
CapFuture

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:58:29 AM

Its a shame he actually got ppl to donate their money.
I would never invest in any idea without anything behind.
But ppl are greedy wanna be the first to receive coins for the soon to moon project.

This guy felix whatever will be punished by the universe.
The money will never make  him happy.
👍🙏
cjcrypt

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:20:37 AM

is this the coin your talking about ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2799957.0
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:55:55 AM

Make your own assessment, however I will confirm that the starter of the stone thread removed my post questioning the coin and 'donations', instead of answering my question Smiley
sahimsabaubaba

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:09:53 AM

wait wait i'm late to the game. so how did you guys figure out that BENBTC == felixando == Dave Wilkinson? Did you check the IP or something?
innovatethespace

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:48:04 AM

Definitely a SCAM. I tried contacting him because I am working on a project using DAG but he never replied. Even deleted my posts from the STONE thread.
Malek17

Activity: 166

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:56:03 AM

Stone is a confirmed Scam,if you criticize the guy there he will ban you very fast not wonder,only a stupid person would donate to this guy.
any Experienced Devs here may be we can launch a real project community driven to fork rail block and name it stone.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: