Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Burn?  (Read 659 times)
JumboCactuar (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:36:27 PM

Hi,
What happens with coin burning?  Im guessing it will decrease the total available but not sure

I read this could be happening with TRX (Tronix)

Could this push its value up?
Karto

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:45:38 PM

yes it decreases the amount of coins, if the team does not have some hidden code that can retreive the coins from the "burn address" ...

usually used after ICO when people did not buy all the coins
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:58:25 PM

Yes, the dev burn the coin to decrease the total  supply of the coin and burning the token can push the value up, it is a nice move from the dev to burn the coin especially the coin in their possesion as sometimes people don't want to buy something because the supply is too large.

msuheb

Activity: 136
Merit: 5

Einc : An Ethereum Fork

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

Yes.. its beneficial...but have different aspects too...
JumboCactuar (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:41:41 PM

Thanks all

Hodling TRX, it looks promising and is still cheap
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:47:19 PM

coin burn is a coin that is not sold will be eliminated, I prefer to invest or follow the ICO using coin burn system, because surely the possibility of coin prices will rise and rise very high from the initial price of the coin is made.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:51:00 PM

Hi,
What happens with coin burning?  Im guessing it will decrease the total available but not sure

Coin burning should not be interpreted literally as that is not what its being discussed. In the case of burning just like when a company is raising an IPO and its under subscribed, its the function of the underwriter of such IPO to augment for the balance but in the case of ICO, there is no room for that happening so the remaining balance is cancelled so that the only coins available are those that have been fully paid for and would enjoy the distribution of profit in case of any.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:15:58 PM

Hi,

It will decrease the supply for sure because unsold token will be burned.
If the supply decrease then it lead the price of that token increase if the demand increase.
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

By burning they will decrease the number of coins in supply. This can drive the price up.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:20:47 PM

the coin will just stay on the burned address and the developers will never ever touch the coin in that address its also good to see coins burned because it increases the value of the coin.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:59:56 PM

Now many people say that all the coins that will not be sold during ICO will be burned. But in half the cases this is a fraud. There is a second stage of sales, then the continuation of the third stage of sales because the developers are trying to sell everything they have. Those companies that really block part of the coins, which remained unclaimed, well done. Less number of coins - more for one unit.

omnitudeorg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 09:17:56 AM

imagine you have 100 tokens, you only sell or circulate 90, what do you do with the other 10?  the burn essentially removed them, kills them off. This makes all active tokens and more valuable as there is less of them etc. Sometimes you might find instead of a burn they are discounted instead but it's down to each company.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:36:52 AM

Coin burning will definitely reduce the number of coin in supply and it will also affect the investors holding in quantity but will increase the value of the coin, the investors holding will profit from burning. If this is done with sic, it will be better.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

The important thing to identify is if the coin burn will be from the total supply or circulating supply, if its from the circulating supply it should in theory have a positive impact on the price as there will be less coins/tokens in circulation.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ycoin123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:37:22 PM

I'm a Newbie? Word Coin Burn made me worry  Sad . Any Idea?
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:43:10 PM

It reduces to supply usually through buying back, increased scarcity with higher price but those token generally doesn't impact much yes their price would go up and would eventually downfall to the next burn or simply stop its movement. Good strategy to reward those perserving their values but unfortunately this scheme violate some of the exchange rules like Bittrex you couldn't find coins that burn.

FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:31:49 AM

I have read in one of the campaign sites about coin burning.The excess coins for that campaign that were not used are going to get burned.Why? It gets into my mind of why will they burn the coins instead ogf just giving it as a a bonus to the participating team. I am also wondering why will they burn it when infact it can still be use maybe in other projects of campaigns. What will happened anyway if they will not burn it?Will it create inflation such as in real money economics?
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:41:16 AM

Burning of coin happens when the project doesn't reach the maximum token supply for crowdfunding.. Less coin with higher demand makes the price rise ofc.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:44:22 AM

Yes that is exactly what it means less supply and the value will go up but generally it will be priced it before the burn.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:46:56 AM

I'm a Newbie? Word Coin Burn made me worry  Sad . Any Idea?

Yes you should worry if you haven't bought TRX yet. Price is getting higher steadily every day, I suggest you to buy it now.  Profit is guaranteed if you are patience, especially after the coin burn. Right now it's around 800 sats, but it won't be like that for long! My prediction is TRX will be around 1500 satoshis in less than 1 month.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: