Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat earth  (Read 878 times)
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:01:37 PM

The church taught people so earlier. then Galileo Galilee found hubble telescope  that he can see planets. then he realized earth is not flat. well what happened is, The church punished him that he went against the church. That's horrible huh? 

BetBet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

You can prove round earth while in the lake right on the horizon. For example, on the Lake.

When you're there, the skyscrapers in the City of Chicago just look the upper part only.

This proves that the earth is not flat. if it is flat, surely you can see all parts of the building.

The height of the Sun.

As you move away from the equator, the sun will appear to move lower in the sky. It proves that there is a curvature on earth that resembles a sphere shape.

Lunar eclipse

the shadow of the earth will look curved when there is a lunar eclipse. This proves that the earth is round like a ball.

The whole planet is round

The number of planets in the universe is innumerable. However, from what appears, everything is round.

logically, if another planet is round, the earth is definitely round, because it belongs to the type of planet in the solar system.
marinomario

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:21:06 PM

through a ship that sails over the ocean. This method has actually been taught since high school through science studies (IPA). However, let us discuss further.

when the ship sails away from the dock, the hull of the ship will disappear in the first horizon than the mast. The opposite is true when the ship comes from the ocean, the mast of the ship is seen earlier than the hull of the ship.

if you want to prove it yourself, take a telescope or binoculars and go to the harbor. With clearer vision, the ship will still disappear under the earth's curve .

fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:03:10 PM

I am gobsmacked that in 2018, seriously, we need to debate whether the Earth is flat or not.

It has been proven that it is round CENTURIES ago. Gravity itself requires a spherical shape, we know nowadays that we have two EMISPEHERES (hence, round shape) where season are INVERTED because of the tilt of the axis. A complete opposite of seasons can ONLY happen with a spherical shape.

Seriously, I find it pathetic that someone dares to subvert scientific proof based on universal laws of physics that have been established CENTURIES ago.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:50:59 PM

I am gobsmacked that in 2018, seriously, we need to debate whether the Earth is flat or not.

It has been proven that it is round CENTURIES ago. Gravity itself requires a spherical shape, we know nowadays that we have two EMISPEHERES (hence, round shape) where season are INVERTED because of the tilt of the axis. A complete opposite of seasons can ONLY happen with a spherical shape.

Seriously, I find it pathetic that someone dares to subvert scientific proof based on universal laws of physics that have been established CENTURIES ago.

If this thread boggles your mind take a look at the almost 500 pages of unbelievable horse shit here!  It'll really make your head explode from pain!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1009045.0

CaptainLorca

Activity: 264
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:24:38 AM

People in 2017 and now 2018 think vaccinating their kids is bad. Well.. a lot of kids died bc of diseases. Nice move humans.

Its sad that some people say that something proven for hundreds of years is just magically wrong. That the laws of physic do not apply.. like wtf?
There was a video where someone explained that the earth must be flat, because if you tilt water on a lemon, it just falls down. Must be the same for earth if it was spherical.

Should we really pay that much attention to this idiotic act?

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:10:33 AM

Flat earth  is a superstitious theory of those who are believing it, a theory that no single truth can be found.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:48:38 PM

It's just a joke extended too damn much, don't take is seriously.
I mean, you're stupid if you take it seriously.
An intermediate science student here in India could explain why planets including earth, need to be spherical and not flat.
How do you know Earth is round? Is it because you were told about it in School? Do you trust everything that was taught in school?
There has been this debate for quite a long now, I know that its bullshit theory but they have really made all those who blindly trusted this fact think twice.
I think many of them supporting this theory are doing that precisely, while challenging how most people simply accept what they are told.

So tell me, How do you know the Earth is round? Is it because you own an Atlas or a globe? Or have you actually traveled around it? And if you think you did, did you really look out the window and verify that you were always traveling in the same direction?

I don't wish to live in doubt, i don't wish to be a skeptic maniac questioning everything taught in cool by very respectable people. For if they lied to me, my life has no meaning.
While you, you seem to take pride in doubting everything, being a skeptic maniac.
I was taught sequentially why earth has to be round. I was taught how gravity works, i was taught how spinning objects behave, i was taught how centrifugal and centripetal forces work, i was taught how spinning objects take spherical shape due to these forces (analogous to a simple ice-cream which is spun to make it round). And i was taught all this by live demonstration, if i trust my eyes, i trust my life, i trust this.
And since most of the population was not interested in studying this much just to understand why spinning planets have to be round, they were simply told this as fact.

You sir, can continue living in doubt while being "smart" and denying what's taught in school. As if there aren't enough reasons for kids to act edgy and hate school.

RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:55:12 AM

Flat earth?  It is already proven that earth is not flat. We can see the satellites images that earth has an spherical shape.  So there is no doubt that earth is not really flat. 

ronandol198

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:11:52 AM

Is the flat earth the truth or haox??
The theories of flat earth looks some what right of a kind but science disagrees it?
So what is the truth?Huh?
No ! i don't think earth is flat .It is a concept that is brought into the textbook even an elementary student knows well the globe

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:18:53 AM

I love a good flat earth discussion. While I don't believe that the Earth is flat, I am impressed with the amount of effort and thought many people have put into try to prove it to be true. I've watched a lot of videos on it because things like this interest me. I agree with questioning the accepted beliefs of society as I don't think many are the truth.. I still think Earth is spherical though haha.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

I love a good flat earth discussion. While I don't believe that the Earth is flat, I am impressed with the amount of effort and thought many people have put into try to prove it to be true. I've watched a lot of videos on it because things like this interest me. I agree with questioning the accepted beliefs of society as I don't think many are the truth.. I still think Earth is spherical though haha.

Yeah. It's really funny. I mean, all you gotta do is watch James bond ski down a mountain to realize that the earth isn't flat. Or Youtube search on "Lauterbrunnen base jumping" to see that the Lauterbrunnen valley in Switzerland isn't flat with all the mountains around it. Or did NASA CGI all those videos?

Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:02:24 PM

and maybe our whole life is an illusion and all that is happening to us is a dream or a raving of a madman? - also a good topic for discussion), we can doubt all of these achievements and studies, but is there any point in spending time on this?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:53:25 PM

and maybe our whole life is an illusion and all that is happening to us is a dream or a raving of a madman? - also a good topic for discussion), we can doubt all of these achievements and studies, but is there any point in spending time on this?

Right! If we are spending time on this, it should be in the "Off Topic" section, not the "Politics & Society" section.

Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
dumbfounded22

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:24:08 PM

On this topic we can think for a long time and there is a huge number of opinions. Scientists and great minds believe that modern people who believe that the planet Earth is flat like to go against the current look for a dirty trick and confrontation in every statement.
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:33:54 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 02:37:42 PM by Adreman23

the earth is round not flat. the proof are the sunrise and sunset, and the day and night. if earth is flat there is no time zones. earth is round because we have different time zone, when the sun is illuminating one side of the spherical earth, the other side is dark.

Sven37

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:13:53 PM

the thing i am wondering about the most, where the hell is all this water going into? REALLY, pls some one explain it to me Wink
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:56:23 AM

It is merely a stupid joke, though some dumb celebrities support the idea behind it. Someone should fly them to space and prove them wrong. Once doing so, just abandon in space, that would be doing the world a favour, with less stupidity in it.

Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:05:18 AM

if I think the earth is round, we know that every ship that will stop to the dock from a distance must be seen is the top first, other evidence evidence has also been expressed by many researcher
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:26:40 AM

Is the flat earth the truth or haox??
The theories of flat earth looks some what right of a kind but science disagrees it?
So what is the truth?Huh?

Flat earth stories are complete haox. Creators of these stories are mocking people who believe their fictional stories. Hundreds years ago, A lot of scientists proved shape of earth. Even, we have photos of earth which were taken from universe. So, flat earth strories are loads of shit.

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: