Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Medium Size Farm Buildout (Pics Added)  (Read 1440 times)
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 12:05:10 PM

Your designs look very nice. Especially the cooling setup.
If you are going to build more rigs, I think it's better to make isolation between hot (outtake) and cool air (intake) along with this high speed fan. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NateDoggETH (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:29:10 PM

I saw the pics! Finally!!! I would love some more, perhaps one from the outside?

I know I will get some outside pics when I can.

I hope to add more GPUs I the future to get me over the 1gh/s mark. Thinking Juneish will be the best time for my to have extra cash on hand and purchase enough to put me over that mark.

I am going to rewire the attic gable style fans into one single 20amp breaker. They are currently on separate dedicated breakers. I am willing to add more attic fans if need for ventilation.

So far what would anyone suggest that I change or adjust knowing that summer in Texas is approaching. Inside Shed is sitting around 95F when the heat is at a high of 85F.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:29:41 PM

I saw the pics! Finally!!! I would love some more, perhaps one from the outside?

I hope to add more GPUs I the future to get me over the 1gh/s mark. Thinking Juneish will be the best time for my to have extra cash on hand and purchase enough to put me over that mark.

I am going to rewire the attic gable style fans into one single 20amp breaker. They are currently on separate dedicated breakers. I am willing to add more attic fans if need for ventilation.

So far what would anyone suggest that I change or adjust knowing that summer in Texas is approaching. Inside Shed is sitting around 95F when the heat is at a high of 85F.
I would look at the FLA (Full Load Amps) rating on the nameplate of the attic fans before I stuck them both on the same 20a breaker.   When an electric motor first starts up and until it gets to rated speed it will draw 5-10 times its FLA.  This will be a problem if both fans start at the same time which will most likely happen if your fans are on a thermostat and also when you first start them up together.  So I really need to know what kind of current these fans are drawing to give you a better idea in your situation.  Why not keep them on separate breakers?  Are you running out of spaces in your circuit breaker panel? There are breakers that take up half a space (2 in 1) that will allow you to only use one breaker space but get 2 breakers out of it.  You also have the option of adding a subpanel to get more spaces if needed too.
NateDoggETH (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:59:41 PM

I would look at the FLA (Full Load Amps) rating on the nameplate of the attic fans before I stuck them both on the same 20a breaker.   When an electric motor first starts up and until it gets to rated speed it will draw 5-10 times its FLA.  This will be a problem if both fans start at the same time which will most likely happen if your fans are on a thermostat and also when you first start them up together.  So I really need to know what kind of current these fans are drawing to give you a better idea in your situation.  Why not keep them on separate breakers?  Are you running out of spaces in your circuit breaker panel? There are breakers that take up half a space (2 in 1) that will allow you to only use one breaker space but get 2 breakers out of it.  You also have the option of adding a subpanel to get more spaces if needed too.

I have no reason to put them on a single breaker. I just thought it would help with wire management. But I can see the point for keeping them separate. I have plenty of space for more breakers. Ill run out of Amps before I'll run out of breaker space haha.

remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:17:35 PM

In that case who gives a shit what all romex looks like as long as its safely installed and out of the way.  Theres a fine line between making something too pretty and wasting alot of time doing it and constructing something to serve a purpose.  Pretty doesnt make you money. 
CointoHash411

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:26:38 AM

Looks, pretty good so far.

I too have been expanding my mining far, I will be receiving my next batch of ASIC based miners soon. Unfortunately, it just doesn't pay great at this time to buy 1060s or 1070s at their ridiculous amounts they can be found.

NateDoggETH (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:45:29 PM

Looks, pretty good so far.

I too have been expanding my mining far, I will be receiving my next batch of ASIC based miners soon. Unfortunately, it just doesn't pay great at this time to buy 1060s or 1070s at their ridiculous amounts they can be found.

that is true about not paying much on the returns for GPUs at the moment. I am still profiting almost $1k a month with todays prices of ETH which is what I am mining still.

just got a new air compressor so I will be doing some vacuuming and dusting this weekend since spring time is causing a ton of pollen to be in the air.
CointoHash411

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:28:07 AM

NateDogETH

I too have the same issues with my miners right now, also heat is starting to become an issue an I think this is due to the sheer amount of pollen that is in the air getting to the miners. Time for a small shutdown and some spring cleaning to get things back on track!
NateDoggETH (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

NateDogETH

I too have the same issues with my miners right now, also heat is starting to become an issue an I think this is due to the sheer amount of pollen that is in the air getting to the miners. Time for a small shutdown and some spring cleaning to get things back on track!

Yeah I have a power outage at my house yesterday and when the Rigs came back on, only 3 out of the 5 were working 100%. the other 2 were only showing 3 out of the 6 cards for each rig. I was able to get 1 back up and running by remote into it at work and DDU the drivers and reinstalled them.

The other Rig is still down so I only have 4 up and running at this time 100%. I think I am having a Riser issue on it so I will change some out tonight after work and also do some dusting since I will have it semi dismantled.

The cards turn on, but Rig is not detecting them. will post update after its fixed.

I am in the process of doing a RMA on 1 of my GPUs at the moment as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: