Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Approx how low Bitcoin Dominance will go?  (Read 140 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:32:36 PM

I was around 35% then jumped to nearly 40%.

Whats happening in the markets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:38:14 PM

Kindly make your statement to be understandable. You are asking how long bitcoin dominance will last or the price movement? Please make further clearance so that people will understand.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:42:04 PM

The big bearish phase of btc has finally ended indeed it has broken its resistance of 14k and no one really knows where is it heading to. But what I can assure you is that BTC will regain its dominance in the world market. Its a pretty regular phase now. We see a few weeks its time for btc to go up and then a few weeks alts come up chasing btc and the cycle still continues. So one phase has just ended.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:02:45 PM

L@@k you don't understand the Bitcoin protocol and it is based around a decentralized trust-less
network of miners doing a type of CPU War to keep big oil and hardware manufactures in money.

Well you come here and have already broken the first rule of "trust-less" because you trusted these
things we called miners who don't do much mining now they can rip us off in fees and talk about decentralized
because you got that right because 20,000 of these "things" are needed just to process seven transactions
a second in the BTC network.

Anyway all this decentralized and trustless rubbish is coming to an end with lightning network you see
as your point of contact will become a hub (Bank really) that you talk to via a time defined channel and these
are not only hubs centralized but they have channels between each other and can settle up with you or other
hubs when ever one of the parties likes. Complicated so I will draw a picture

Alice >>>>>Hub1 <><><><><><>Hub2<<<<<<<<<<<Bob
0.5BTC                       20BTC       5BCT                0.00BTC

You must not call hubs banks even if they pass fees on to you as they settle
inter-bank balances as they themselves incur extortion fees from the miners who
write to the block-chain or deal with locking your account so the banks....err...sorry
hubs face no risk themselves.

Nearly forgot to say, Miners will be running the banks and we know already how much we can trust them !

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:29:33 PM

I thought it would go as low as 30% before ranging and then coming back up. It could possibly go lower than that but I don't foresee this happening in this alt run.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:40:11 PM

I dont get it, why you all are worried about the dominance instead of the total marketcap?
For me, it is much more important that what percentage of dominance it has at the moment.

It went from 36% to more than 39,5% in just eight hours, for me, this is a very nice increase taking in consideration that most altcoins were going up during the last few hours.

Let's see how it goes before the end of this week, it will probably climb towards 45% easily
TotleCrypto

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

Crypto Investing Made Easy

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 08:44:12 PM

I think we will see a lot of altcoins die out in 2018 even though right now we are being flooded with them. This (and a scaling solution) will help to continue BTC dominance in 2018.

https://www.totle.com
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:43:40 PM

What i see now is bitcoin dominance is going lower yet price is not getting lower but sideways stabilising  Huh
Why is that?
ILikeFriedChicken
Copper Member

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:46:24 PM

Bitcoin is like the Dow Jones of crypto. Think of it like a barometer for the health of the industry.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:46:44 PM

It's decentralized and this how the market is going, if you are still not used to bull run, traps or bearish market then you should start learning to get a ride on this type of industry.

People like you are always worried if you'll not start to educate yourself about bitcoin's dominance or how long it will stay in the market.

It's been a long time since bitcoin started it's own community, market and as well as the cryptocurrencies. Asking like this means that you're too worried and you can't the risk.

Start accepting the risk since you're already in it.

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:47:16 PM

I think it can go as low as 30% market dominance. Ripple is making a good run and really trying to see how far it can go to challenge bitcoin. But I'm confident that it can't overtook bitcoin as the no. 1. Its really gonna be surprising to see a centralized coin being no. 1. LOL. I'm sure that this bearish sentiments will not stay that long and then we will see bitcoin going further to more than 40% once again.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:49:55 PM

I don't know maybe till new form of currency to succeed bitcoin comes into picture. :-)

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:17:25 PM

Bitcoin dominance went up a few % what caused this move?
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

Bitcoin dominated the cryptocurrency market with 66% total dominance in the mid-December but unfortunately bitcoin went through the market correction in the late December 2017 that is why the bitcoin lost about the 31% of the market dominance. But i believe in time bitcoin will slow regain it market dominance in time.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:07:29 PM

Now it is going up again.. the price started to rise and it seems that the dominance really wants to go toward fifty percent again.

Well, it is not even at a forty percent but it is still going up.

But seriously, why did you created this thread? it is useless, and you are not even going to get a proper answer because it is full of bitcoin-lovers, no one is going to tell you that we would like to see the dominance below 10%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: