Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:30:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin affecting the Environment  (Read 424 times)
Displux (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:13:10 PM

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/01/bitcoin-affecting-environment/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

If you take a look at the coinmarketcap.com chart you will see that the crypto currency market cap is continuously increasing at currently $660 billion! Yes, bitcoin is affecting the environment and you can easily see this in the online gambling industry where customers use it to easily deposit and withdraw to and from online gambling sites. However, bitcoin's dominance decreased recently to only 37% and I assume that it will dicrease further to only 20 or even less per cent. Hence there wil be other coins also affecting the environment.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:24:25 PM

Double agent S-M from Japan designed a system that gave birth to CPU war between
miners and all that hardware not only kept Intel happy but also big oil as it wastes
90KWN just to store 250 bytes of data.

20,000 miners just to do what 100-200 could do must bring joy to our founding leaders
eyes and the crazy $45 in transactions fees we now pay must send him to sleep with
laughter and he knew all along that it would not scale and the development teams is
now working on Lightning Network (LN) in an effort to turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.

With your comment in the title you are about as welcome as a vicar at a wife swapping
party but you know how it is with gamblers ! Unless they get the downs then they won't
feels the highs but no this does not mean that I want to hug a tree quite just yet.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:28:12 PM

If you take a look at the coinmarketcap.com chart you will see that the crypto currency market cap is continuously increasing at currently $660 billion! Yes, bitcoin is affecting the environment and you can easily see this in the online gambling industry where customers use it to easily deposit and withdraw to and from online gambling sites. However, bitcoin's dominance decreased recently to only 37% and I assume that it will dicrease further to only 20 or even less per cent. Hence there wil be other coins also affecting the environment.

Yeah i agree with you not only in the gambling people adopting bitcoin are now focusing how to agin in cryptocurrency using modern techonology learning and learning until got the success, bitcoin giving people the direction how to become have better life.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:32:59 PM

How on earth could I afford to come gambling at your place when it costs me $45 to get in the door with some BTC
and $45 when I leave again when my misses who's been earning my beer money working as a cam-girl is not getting
any late nigh special requests because she's charges punters in BTC and they aint paying.

Mining and PoW not only wastes money on hardware and electrical energy but has now put glue on the cogs
of industry so can I barter my misses for a few goes on the roulette wheel please  Roll Eyes

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:24:08 PM

As the value of bitcoin goes up, more computer power is required to solve the puzzles for unlocking the virtual currency
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:27:45 PM

Why would it affect the environment? The only thing that can easily affect it is the mining, and the electricity that the miners need in order to mine.

But that is nothing compared to all the shit that the cars, the petroleum, and everything who has quimicals is doing to the whole environment.

Anyway, you are just trying to create a bad face of bitcoin, so it is a waste of time
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:30:42 PM

Bitcoin is certainly endomaging the enviornment since mining it needs lots of energy and electrcity and that could drain the energy ressources if cryptocurrencies gets out of control and the mining farms numbers explodes . People should invest in renewable energy or this will be a step closer to humans extinction .
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:37:38 PM

although some cryptocurrency have drop in price but that does not mean it because of bitcoin effect other crypto are still increasing in there price despite the drop in Bitcoin
jlanzago

Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 11:41:34 PM

Everything is affecting the environment, plus there are already efficient and clean mining facilities to mine bitcoin, and this is an industry trend because cheap electricity is required to have profitability.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:50:33 PM

Of course yes! In simply use of current comes from geothermal enery in mining of bitcoin, it can help to reduce the energy in our mother earth. There are also some projects who helping to take care our mother earth like agricultural projects who are supported by bitcoin and ethereum. I believe that bitcoin affects our nature and it is up to us we will take care or destroy our environment.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:56:41 PM

Yeah i agree with you not only in the gambling people adopting bitcoin are now focusing how to agin in cryptocurrency using modern techonology learning and learning until got the success, bitcoin giving people the direction how to become have better life.

And as bitcoin continuously give a better option of who we can live our lives through the income we earn, this could not escape the reality that bitcoin is also affecting the environment. Ofcourse technology has been a big factor since then but let's that this will not go father from what we expect.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:32:28 AM

Yes! bitcoins affects the environment the growth of bitcoin is fueling speculation and debate about the environmental impact of the collective energy needed to power the virtual currency in the era of climate change. The "miners" use computers to make complex calculations that verify transactions in bitcoins. This uses a tremendous amount of energy via computers and server farms all over the world, which has given rise to concerns about the amount of fossil fuel-dependent electricity used to power the computers. Bitcoin can't exist without computers, which can't exist without a source of electricity. And the number of computers and the energy needed to power them is rising.
Clegive8V

Activity: 43
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:49:47 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2020, 03:28:03 PM by Clegive8V

If one member of the family is able to develop, he will give the opportunity to the rest of the family to earn more money and thus obtain better education and cheaper innovations.
yes when many find work with good income it is improve small family and family move up Environment.
money changes world and bitcoin is money. Differences in prices can make a difference. Prices differ in Bitcoin.

in my Environment bitcoin plays real effect
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:56 AM

Why would it affect the environment? The only thing that can easily affect it is the mining, and the electricity that the miners need in order to mine.

But that is nothing compared to all the shit that the cars, the petroleum, and everything who has quimicals is doing to the whole environment.

Anyway, you are just trying to create a bad face of bitcoin, so it is a waste of time

Well, if Bitcoin's electricity consumption has already surpassed that of entire countries', then I would argue that it is in fact affecting the environment. Unless all miners are using clean and renewable energy (some are starting to make the shift), this is bad for the environment.

While cars and the like are far worse, the world is starting to go green. Bitcoin isn't. The issue is worsening, and we can't really afford to give governments around the world yet another excuse to pass unnecessary regulations.

You have to acknowledge that there is a problem before you can solve it.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:42:49 AM

Indeed Bitcoin has been affecting the environment adversely and it only gets worse as we go on. With block difficulty increasing exponentially, more electric power is consumed by mining rigs and this in turn contributes to global warming, indirectly.

Did you even read the article in OP before replying with your rubbish? Its about Bitcoin's influence on the environment and I don't even know what you're trying to say here.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:52:02 AM

Honestly the only way that I can think cryptocurrency can affect the environment is that it is digitized and does not need trees or any other resources for it to be printed on and only to get smushed and crumpled on. With bitcoin everything is electronic
OninLoki

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:55:37 AM

Yes in the form of minning they use resources like electricity causing global warming and resource like computer emits heat energy and will affect again global heat index
dhka

Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:45:21 AM

Bitcoin is certainly endomaging the enviornment since mining it needs lots of energy and electrcity and that could drain the energy ressources if cryptocurrencies gets out of control and the mining farms numbers explodes . People should invest in renewable energy or this will be a step closer to humans extinction .

This one is kinda sad but a truth still needs to be shared here. It does take a lot of energy even for a single transaction. It may not be much of an issue for countries with surplus energy, but for some developing countries with limited supply this is quite intriguing. As the mining difficulty keeps increasing so does the energy requirement. I hope we will find more effective and efficient way to process all this transaction Smiley

bei

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:38:45 PM

Yes! Bitcoin can be “mined” by computers through a very complex mathematical algorithms. These computers from miners all over the world need tremendous amount of energy to perform such processes.

According to Digiconimist, the Bitcoin network’s estimated power use is 30.14TWh a year. This means the electricity consumption of Bitcoin network has exceeded the power produced by the largest Windfarm in Europe.

Since electricity generation is one of the leading source of greenhouse gases, we could tell that Bitcoin greatly affects or environment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: