Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:57:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Identity of Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 11863 times)
rezius (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:29:27 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 03:26:21 AM by rezius

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Let’s start with the obvious.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2009. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346992.0

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

Another piece, Hal Finney Article on Double Spending:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/detecting-double-spending/

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

Hal Finney created Bitcoin.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:00:43 AM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:03:15 AM

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Let’s start with the obvious.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2008. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346992.0

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

Hal Finney created Bitcoin.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

Wow you have a lot of time to create a theory whose Satoshi is.

Anyway this is just speculation and all of your arguments has no proof that Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. If he is, since he is already dead it is impossible to get an admission.

rezius (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:51:36 AM

Forgot to add this Double Spending Article written by Hal:

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:59:32 AM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin

NAshamoka Satoshi is NSA, and the NSA doesn't bring 'gifts', they bring handcuff's, BTC white-paper was a 'cookbook'

"How to Cook Man" - NSA 1996, 2009 "How to Make a Mint"

"Good Technology" that's a good one, got to leave it to the none-coders to call a 'hack' as 'good technology',

I think it was better to quote 'death & taxes' from this forum, "NAsh-Sak" was neither a crypto-man, or a very good coder, the explanation for BTC CORE 1.0 is that it was deliberately created by a team of engineers with an explicit goal.

All algo's used were NSA proprietary, and weak ones at that,

Most troubling is that NAsh-Sak's 'white paper' is a mirror image of the NSA-1996 doc "How to make a mint", yet NAsh-Sak fails to credit the 1996 paper, in his 2009 white-paper. Got to wonder why, if he wasn't NSA then he would have had no problem, after all he used NSA SHA256, yet his doc is a copy of a NSA doc with no credit, only one explanation, he didn't want people to connect the dots that it was an NSA operation.

Lastly, go to google-youtube, search the Hal Finney interview before he died, he had no reason near death to not admit if he was, he was not, and he said he was "NOT".
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:03:32 AM

Forgot to add this Double Spending Article written by Hal:

Hal is dead, so its the perfect GOV foil, to place BTC on a dead-man, who himself admitted prior to death that "HE WAS NOT NAsh-Sakamota"

Near death interview, why would Hal deny it? Fear of what upon his death?

There are many people suspected, but BTC is clearly an NSA operation that involved many ppl

Most interesting is that the day NAsh-Sakamota dissapeared, is the same day first-gen 'team core' met at CIA HQ, ... funny how that worked out Smiley

Once BTC caught the eye of CIA, NSA was done, they knew CIA ( idiots ) would take over BTC raise it as their own.

PPL who want to know the real, go to thepiratebay.org, and download the torrent 'bitcoin papers/btc email log 2009-2011, those entire two years all NAsh-Sak notes are saved from the crypto-blog, read carefully learn something about the real early history of BTC, not the fabled bullshit taught on this forum by day-trading myth-makers.
rezius (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:29:09 AM

NAshamoka Satoshi is NSA, and the NSA doesn't bring 'gifts', they bring handcuff's, BTC white-paper was a 'cookbook'

"How to Cook Man" - NSA 1996, 2009 "How to Make a Mint"

"Good Technology" that's a good one, got to leave it to the none-coders to call a 'hack' as 'good technology',

I think it was better to quote 'death & taxes' from this forum, "NAsh-Sak" was neither a crypto-man, or a very good coder, the explanation for BTC CORE 1.0 is that it was deliberately created by a team of engineers with an explicit goal.

All algo's used were NSA proprietary, and weak ones at that,

Most troubling is that NAsh-Sak's 'white paper' is a mirror image of the NSA-1996 doc "How to make a mint", yet NAsh-Sak fails to credit the 1996 paper, in his 2009 white-paper. Got to wonder why, if he wasn't NSA then he would have had no problem, after all he used NSA SHA256, yet his doc is a copy of a NSA doc with no credit, only one explanation, he didn't want people to connect the dots that it was an NSA operation.

Lastly, go to google-youtube, search the Hal Finney interview before he died, he had no reason near death to not admit if he was, he was not, and he said he was "NOT".

Of course Hal had a reason to deny at time of death. Hackers would always bother his family trying to find the 1M Bitcoins. Common sense.
Thavite71

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:55:43 AM

why you care about  Satoshi Nakamoto it is better to stay more time earning and buying more bitcoin before  price rising again.

good tracking and hope your get the fact
jawadmehmood

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 07:24:14 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto identity is still forbidden. He introduce an amazing technology to people that lead us to new heights of revolution. 

Cryptocurrency News Reviews, Community  (https://99altcoin.com)
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:29:31 AM

That you for your time to write this findings but we are not interested in knowing the actual identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. A person who created a technology like blockchain and bitcoin, deserves some respect and peace in life. If his actual identity is revealed in any way, all enforcement agencies will run behind him and he will be behind the bars in no time. I think he doesn't deserve it. So I will refrain myself from finding and knowing his real identity. Try not to continue your searches for Mr. Nakamoto. Let him live in peace. A person who has the idea and capability to create such massive internet economy, let us show our respect to him by not trying to find him.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:33:58 AM

Really a good research on the big question of the crypto world. Pay my thanks to him to bring cryptocurrency and blockchain tech to the market.  Grin Grin
hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:56:38 AM

I think there are more reasons why the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto remains unknown. Maybe he thinks that it is better for his life to be in private or just work in background. Even he is dead or alive, his legacy will stay in the world of technology and continue to give opportunity to those who want to succeed financially.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:03:48 AM

There is no point to continually look for the real identity of Bitcoin's founder as it was his wish to remain unknown and not be explored. It would be an insult to his wishes and maybe his legacy if we are to continue on digging the dirt just to find the clues as to his real existence and where he can be found. I am sure that this topic alone can stimulate curiosity with people who loves the mysteries and the unknown but let's leave Satoshi Nakamoto where he left off. Instead, what we should do is give appreciation to the man who pave the way for the many blessings and benefits that cryptocurrency (with Bitcoin at the top) is bringing to us. Thanks a lot to Satoshi Nakamoto. By the way, is he a Japanese?
rezius (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:02:41 PM

Really a good research on the big question of the crypto world. Pay my thanks to him to bring cryptocurrency and blockchain tech to the market.  Grin Grin

Thanks.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:47:25 PM

Wow.

Interesting theory, but hard to take serious without any hard proof, such as the records of the "real" Satoshi Nakamoto who lived a couple of houses down from Hal Kinney...

I'm curious to hear from any original members of this forum to get their opinions on the interactions of satoshi nakamoto and hal in the early days of this forum's life. Are any still around? Maybe they can shed some light on how the interactions were way back when.

And can you reference any of the posts made by satoshi's account during the U.S. timezone hours? In fact, just any of the interesting posts made by satoshi's account? I'm curious to learn some documented history of Bitcoin's origins.

roger109

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:51:15 PM

wow,such a great explanation by a fellow ,meanwhile the big news papers and channels give bullshit reason to claim someone is satoshi nakamoto
vision3001

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:36:02 AM

Regardless of whether he is Satoshi... God bless Hal Finney for his PGP work, among other things:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Finney_(computer_scientist)

R.I.P. Hal Finney and Thank-you.
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:28:34 AM

Nice post.
Interesting findings, and some good points.

However, is it possible that Hal was not Satoshi because:

Since Hal is passed, it seems that the wolves are in the field to bring down bitcoin.

[...]

But this said. again, do not mess with me. I have a lot of patience, but those who did harm in any way my project, my child, who did
try to fool people to claim identity or credits.

Be assured, I will go after you.

All the Best,

Well, You know who I am, if not, that's fine too.

So no, it is not born in the USA, neither the UK or Australia.

Because I knew I was just the initiator, I was depended on the brain of Hal to finetune the project.
Yes my friends, Hal did wrote the first prototype based on my scientific work, using my Handle.
Yes, Hal did cover my back.
joanshu

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:55:36 AM

My dear friend you are wrong  Craig Steven Wright is believed to be the real creator of bitcoins .Craig is an Australian computer scientist and business personality. In a conference conducted with the press media he declared himself to be the real satoshi and later he was asked to prove that he is the real then he did not do so as he himself has made a fortune out of it and he even gave demonstration on how he did it to prove that it he has done and it was shown on several media  like the BBC channel also witnessed his demonstration and i also believe him to be the real creator.No matter who created btc it is the best investment of this current scenario.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:53:16 PM

My dear friend you are wrong  Craig Steven Wright is believed to be the real creator of bitcoins .Craig is an Australian computer scientist and business personality. In a conference conducted with the press media he declared himself to be the real satoshi and later he was asked to prove that he is the real then he did not do so as he himself has made a fortune out of it and he even gave demonstration on how he did it to prove that it he has done and it was shown on several media  like the BBC channel also witnessed his demonstration and i also believe him to be the real creator.No matter who created btc it is the best investment of this current scenario.

He was never able to prove that he controls the original genesis bitcoin address (https://blockchain.info/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa) that was used to mine the genesis block as he was not able to sign a message from it. Stop spreading fud.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: