Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Identity of Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 11863 times)
mihir2018

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:09:40 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is called the discoverer of Bitcoin. But no identity was found even today.
In other words, we can say that we are the people (Satoshi Nakamoto) who are closely related to Bitcoin. Those who transection criptocurrency transactions, who know the details of Criptocurrency, who are involved from the starting time with BTC BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sashulya7979

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:36:51 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is a name everyone knows today. The creator of bitcoin, a mystery man. Surely no one knows what language Nakamoto speaks from childhood in Japanese or English. The age of the founder of bitcoin is also unknown. The information about this person for eight years painstakingly collected by researchers. But none of them managed to bring the basic facts from the biography of Nakamoto.
shibisu

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:14:58 PM

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Let’s start with the obvious.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2009. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346992.0

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

Another piece, Hal Finney Article on Double Spending:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/detecting-double-spending/

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

Hal Finney created Bitcoin.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

Nakamoto satoshi whose real name is Dorian S Nakamoto was born in Japan in 1949. then when he was 10 years old he immigrated to the United States. He lives in a modest 2-story house on the outskirts of Los Angeles.

he went on to major in physics at California State Polytechnic University. Nakamoto then worked in a number of companies.

In 2008, Satoshi published a paper that outlined the concept, and wrote the original software that underlies the rise of Bitcoin. in 2009 Bitcoin began to be used and so shook the world, and the birth of Bitcoin itself is a great achievement that could change the world economy forever.

Bitcoin Inti (formerly known as Bitcoin-Qt). in 2008, Nakamoto published a paper on the Cryptography Mail List at metzdowd.com describing the bitcoin digital currency. In 2009, they released the first bitcoin software that launched the first network and unit of bitcoin cryptocurrency, called Bitcoins.

nakamoto continues to collaborate with other developers on bitcoin software until mid-2010.at this time, they handed control of the source code repository and key networks alerted to Gavin Andresen, transferring multiple domains linked to various prominent members of the bitcoin community, and quitting their involvement in the project.

a public bitcoin transaction log shows that the Nakamoto wallet contains approximately one million Bitcoins. As of June 2015, it is equivalent to US $ 250 million .
Igorr_M

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:31:45 PM

What do you think of the recent news that the UK based nonprofit organization has managed to discover his true identity? Reliable sites have reported about this, although they've been quite reserved...
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:46:04 PM

For a blockchain entity and a digital money, i think there is no need to know who the creator was. As long as the coin is perfectly operating and it is legit, and the name of the creator speaks itself. I just need a coin who is stable and that's what bitcoin is.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cutieh01

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:05:32 PM

For a blockchain entity and a digital money, i think there is no need to know who the creator was. As long as the coin is perfectly operating and it is legit, and the name of the creator speaks itself. I just need a coin who is stable and that's what bitcoin is.

Actually you're right, nobody knows who really is Satoshi Nakamoto is, whoever he or she is I know that he's hiding his identity to the public just for the security of his family and for other reason. And whoever the founder of Bitcoin, thank you for this technology.
Dne work

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:09:54 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is a name everyone knows today. The creator of bitcoin, a mystery man. Surely no one knows what language Nakamoto speaks from childhood in Japanese or English. The age of the founder of bitcoin is also unknown. The information about this person for eight years painstakingly collected by researchers. But none of them managed to bring the basic facts from the biography of Nakamoto.

In 2009 in a cryptographic mailing list by Satoshi Nakamoto. Satoshi left the project at the end of 2010 without telling much about him. Bitcoin community is growing rapidly as many developers are working on Bitcoin.
Satoshi's anonymity often leads to false concerns, mostly related to a misunderstanding of the nature of open source-based Bitcoins. BItcoin protocols and software are publicly published and developers from around the world can review the code or make their own modified version of Bitcoin software. As with current developers, Satoshi's influence is limited to some of the changes he created and adopted by other developers, and he does not control Bitcoin. Thus, finding the identity of the inventor of Bitcoin is now just like finding the identity of the inventor of the newspaper.
fenzbob

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:20:15 AM

until now still a mystery
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:38:01 AM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin
I guess, this rightly should be the attitude and not continually seek to unravel the man behind the mask who doesn't want to be known. Sometimes I wonder if finding who Satoshi is will further propel the movement of bitcoin? I seriously doubt. The only thing that revelation will achieve will be to put Satoshi's life in danger. Nothing else.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hennyjonh87

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:43:03 AM

A person who created a technology like blockchain and bitcoin, deserves some respect and peace in life. If his actual identity is revealed in any way, all enforcement agencies will run behind him and he will be behind the bars in no time. I think he doesn't deserve it. So I will refrain myself from finding and knowing his real identity
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:42:14 AM

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Let’s start with the obvious.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2009. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346992.0

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

Another piece, Hal Finney Article on Double Spending:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/detecting-double-spending/

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

Hal Finney created Bitcoin.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

Lots of theories and speculations of who Satoshi Nakamoto really is. Well, for me, I don't really give a fuss if he is only one person or they are a group of person. What is important is the masterpiece he/they made. I'm curious about their reason and how they came up with the idea. Well, I'm greatful for this invention for it helps people who wants to invest and earn money on their own way at the same time learning more from this forum.
Cryptominia

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:16:58 AM

Nobody knows  the true satoshi nakamoto  but whoever he/they is we'll be thankful for creating bitcoin and thats the important.
Mr. Ar_Mongi

Activity: 332
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:06:00 PM

All of this is just speculation and speculation... It's unlikely we'll ever know who Satoshi Nakamoto really is, and it doesn't matter! The main thing here is that someone was able to create a blockchain and Bitcoin  and just  given gratis  them to us.

tranduc2101

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:09:07 PM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin
Right. Although everyone does not know the true identity of Satoshi Nakamoto, we all must thank Satoshi Nakamoto, because he has created a new future for everyone.

Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

There is much speculation that Satoshi Nakamoto is an individual and there are some who think that they are a community, and certainly no one knows Satoshi Nakamoto, and it is dangerous if the identity of Satoshi is found and certainly many criminals will target that is why the identity is kept secret from all the public, and certainly everyone will be grateful to Satoshi Nakamoto has created bitcoin to help the world economy and everyone is sure, even though we do not know the existence of Satoshi Nakamoto.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:59:03 PM

There is much speculation that Satoshi Nakamoto is an individual and there are some who think that they are a community, and certainly no one knows Satoshi Nakamoto, and it is dangerous if the identity of Satoshi is found and certainly many criminals will target that is why the identity is kept secret from all the public, and certainly everyone will be grateful to Satoshi Nakamoto has created bitcoin to help the world economy and everyone is sure, even though we do not know the existence of Satoshi Nakamoto.
Are you sure that bitcoin was created to help the world economy? I'm not sure. Maybe bitcoin was created to deprive Americans of the status of a leader in the global financial market? Maybe bitcoin was part of the plan to avoid payments in dollars? In this case, the community under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto have something to fear and they will never compromise themselves.
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:13:03 PM

Quite convincingly everything sounds, but I do not think that bitcoin was created by one person. Under the personality of Satoshi Nakamoto, a whole team is hiding, and perhaps Hal Finney was part of this team.

Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:40:52 PM

Are you sure that bitcoin was created to help the world economy? I'm not sure. Maybe bitcoin was created to deprive Americans of the status of a leader in the global financial market? Maybe bitcoin was part of the plan to avoid payments in dollars? In this case, the community under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto have something to fear and they will never compromise themselves.
Satoshi Nakamoto is the alias of a person or group of person that created bitcoin. We really dont know what is the purpose why they created bitcoin, but as what we can see now, bitcoin gained purposes, and that is to help people to earn profit to support our needs and wants ad for our future. All of our speculations is acceptable, we just have different point of views. Glad that we see its greatness for many years, because someday i think it will end, because its possible that in the future, that many more crypto currencies might created, and maybe one of them become the bitcoin competitor, and that might defeat bitcoin. That was just my speculation, so please respect. Thanks!
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:52:57 PM

I appreciate this theory but I do not see it as a concrete evidence that will prove that Hal is real Satoshi. The only way to identify the real Satoshi is asking the proof of a signed message from the original wallet which Satoshi used in initial blocks. I don't think there is any other way to prove the identity of Satoshi. We have seen multiple candidates claiming to be the Satoshi but no one was able to prove their claims.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:09:24 AM

When Satoshi Nakamoto was in the know there were two possibilities:
1. Bitcoin price will drop dramatically
2. Bitcoin prices will rise.

As time goes by and Bitcoin remains Anonym will probably remain this way because of the nature of Bitcoin like that, and if Satoshi Nakamoto is in the know it will be a lot of questions, which I am afraid of is Bitcoin will go down progressively deeper and it should not happen.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: