Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Identity of Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 11863 times)
Buzhou

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:19:03 AM

I think this type of thread is the most created here! You are free to try to figure out, figure out and think about Satoshi Nakamoto, but I don't think that would be his will, and most who are in cryptocurrencies know what the greatest legacy he has left and is leaving. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:52:39 AM

I think this type of thread is the most created here! You are free to try to figure out, figure out and think about Satoshi Nakamoto, but I don't think that would be his will, and most who are in cryptocurrencies know what the greatest legacy he has left and is leaving. Wink

I still tend to think that there is a team of people hiding under Satoshi Nakamoto name. In any case, I don’t see a point in revealing Satoshi Nakamoto’s true identity. We have to respect his/her/their right for privacy.
mark__s

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:59:40 AM

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Let’s start with the obvious.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2009. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346992.0

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

Another piece, Hal Finney Article on Double Spending:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/detecting-double-spending/

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

Hal Finney created Bitcoin.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

Really interesting theory, do you know that Hal Finney was cryopreserved by the Alcor Life Extension Foundation? (source wikipedia)
I think it's very notable that he chose not to be buried, maybe he want to rise againg from 200 years from now when the world economy will be based on Bitcoin Cheesy
insurgent

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:21:24 PM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin
Satoshi Nakamoto remains anonymous. As far as I know no one knows his real identity , but they say Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of people who share their different ideas to form or develop bitcoin. Lets thank him/her because he/they are able to develop this helpful thing , the bitcoin.

Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:43:58 PM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin
Yes, thank you to bring us successful life because of your invention many lives have good future. The bitcoin and blockchain that gives high profitable income. I know you're identity is very secret but we gonna thanks you with all of my hearts.
patron bounty

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:52:51 PM

really, it could be satoshi nakamoto currently in the middle of us.
I do not care whoever he is, obviously I just want to say a big thank you for creating bitcoin.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

I think there are more reasons why the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto remains unknown. Maybe he thinks that it is better for his life to be in private or just work in background. Even he is dead or alive, his legacy will stay in the world of technology and continue to give opportunity to those who want to succeed financially.
Yes, Satoshi Nakamoto his life is very private and no one know him, and his invetion a bitcoin still growing and increasing their value. Wherever he is his legacy will continues stay and alive in the world of technology of cryptocurrency that continues giving opportunity to us.

Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:17:57 PM

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2008. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

Wow you have a lot of time to create a theory whose Satoshi is.

Anyway this is just speculation and all of your arguments has no proof that Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. If he is, since he is already dead it is impossible to get an admission.

Satoshi Nakamoto's identity remains unknown. But whoever he is , lets thank him in developing bitcoin . We all know that bitcoin makes a huge impact on our life , because it helps us in different ways.

Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

My dear friend you are wrong  Craig Steven Wright is believed to be the real creator of bitcoins .Craig is an Australian computer scientist and business personality. In a conference conducted with the press media he declared himself to be the real satoshi and later he was asked to prove that he is the real then he did not do so as he himself has made a fortune out of it and he even gave demonstration on how he did it to prove that it he has done and it was shown on several media  like the BBC channel also witnessed his demonstration and i also believe him to be the real creator.No matter who created btc it is the best investment of this current scenario.

He was never able to prove that he controls the original genesis bitcoin address (https://blockchain.info/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa) that was used to mine the genesis block as he was not able to sign a message from it. Stop spreading fud.

Are we investing because of Satoshi Nakamoto? What is the relevant of this into crypto market?  I believe in the fundamentals, market structure, market behavior, level of confidence on Bitcoin, the volume on investment put in by the investors into Bitcoin, with out the personality of the one who conceptualized the idea of Bitcoin or crypto coin into the trading market.
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:31:50 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2009. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

We are not getting any benefit if we will ever know who satoshi nakamoto is but his creation will make him praise and remember. Aside this is still a theory in which many of topics are not yet opened for argument. I guess instead of looking the real identity of satoshi nakamoto, We should develop his creation not just for him but for all of us, what do you think ?

kofibee12

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:37:08 PM

It is worrying to hear someone who has make a great impact in technology like Bitcoin will remain anonymous without coming out to claim for the fame it will offer him. I don't think Satoshi Nakamoto is alive.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:58:58 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the person behind of the creation of bitcoins.
Through his great ideas he started a currency which recognize by lots of people in this world and used as a alternative investing.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:14:33 AM

Im still confused why Satoshi Nakamoto needs to hide her/his/their identity even though the things that he/ she/they do are now very popular right now. He/she/they doesn't want to claim the gratitude and fame but I think there are still a reason why that Satoshi Nakamoto is yet unknown and mystery in our mind. Even though satoshi's identity are still unknown the idea and the legacy that satosh brings abmnd contribute in our advancement of technology are unforgettable and unreplaceable.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:43:00 AM

Another piece, Hal Finney Article on Double Spending:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/detecting-double-spending/

Thank for this information about satoshi nakamoto but there's a question always in my mind that the identity of satoshi now very mysterious and unsolve and  why Satoshi Nakamoto needs to hide his identy even though the things that are now very popular.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:00:20 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto identity is still forbidden. He introduce an amazing technology to people that lead us to new heights of revolution. 
Satoshi was heavily involved with the bitcoin community and collaborated with them in order to modify the underlying bitcoin protocol. The mystery behind Nakamoto's identity has only grown as the bitcoin community eagerly speculates who it could potentially be, It is unknown whether Nakamoto is male or female or whether Nakamoto is even a single person or a group of individuals.
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:55:18 PM

The theme of Satoshi Nakamoto is very interesting and brings a lot of controversy. Some Say it's one person, others say it's a group of people. One version is that Satoshi Nakamoto has already died and the bitcoin system works without his participation. Very many versions of on this topic. We can only assume. Perhaps one day we will know the true truth.

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
btchunter02

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:00:27 PM

For me Bitcoin founder/Creator Satoshi Nakamoto is still unknown as of this time, and no one knows what his real name is, there are possible names coming out but I think real Satoshi Nakamoto remain on the shadow.
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:23:34 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the inventor of bitcoin or developer of bitcoin but the using term Satoshi Nakamoto is not his true identity, he using his fake identity. He probably living in the United States and various European countries.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:23:48 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto brings a lot of questions and controversy in our mind. Satoshi is known as the developer and founder of bitcoin aside from that there are no personal information about him/her/them. The identity of Satoshi Nakamoto leaves us a big question mark who is Satoshi Nakamoto?. Until now it still a mysterious about the name Satoshi if it is a one person or more than that. Today, as bitcoin rapidly grow the question in our mind keeps on confusing us. Satoshi Nakamoto will still a legend with all of us.
account78

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:57:04 PM

Your information provides very detailed !!!
Anyway they also bring the investment market a good chance. They have created bitcoins to make our transactions much easier and faster.
Open up a new revolution of financial markets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: