Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:52:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Identity of Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 11863 times)
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

No matter who it is, he brings us bitcoin and blockchain technology. For humans, it is a very good technology. Thank you!! Grin
Yes, we don't know you but your creations bitcoin and blockchain technology it brings hope for us, our life and economy it become better and successful. Satoshi Nakamoto your creations is very good technology we gonna say thank you, you are good samaritan.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

I don't know how accurate your information is, but I think it makes sense. Besides, I just can't believe that Satoshi just left and has nothing to do with bitcoin now, and Hal Finney as far as I know affects bitcoin and its development now.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:40:07 PM

Hal Finney is Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are my findings and explanations on to as why.

Many people speculate that either an individual no one has ever heard of or Nick Szabo created Bitcoin. One of the main priorities of Satoshi Nakamoto was to remain as anonymous as possible and he was absolutely on point with his OPSEC. If Nick Szabo created Bitcoin, he would know he’d be the first person suspected of creating Bitcoin due to his Bitgold research. Satoshi would never put himself into this position. I do think Nick Szabo is the biggest influencer of Bitcoin and without his Bitgold research, Bitcoin may have never existed. However, he is not Satoshi Nakamoto and had absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin at any point. Now that were past why Nick Szabo is not Satoshi, let’s get onto who is.

The man that is Satoshi Nakamoto is none other than Hal Finney. The man who was the first person to work on Bitcoin besides Satoshi and received the first ever Bitcoin transaction. While this will always be speculation, there is honestly no doubt in my mind, and it will probably leave not much doubt in your mind either.

Let’s start with the obvious.

Satoshi Nakamoto created the Bitcointalk Forum in December of 2009. Hal had been helping Satoshi with Bitcoin since January of 2009 (as emails indicate). Hal Finney registered on the Bitcointalk forum in November 2010. A full year after the creation of the forum. Why would Bitcoins biggest supporter, Hal Finney, wait one full year after the forum was created to register on it? Also, he registered two weeks before Satoshi Nakamotos final post on the forum. Coincidence? I doubt it. He knew he was retiring the Satoshi account and would no longer work on the project due to being diagnosed with ALS in October 2009. Yes, he was diagnosed with ALS two months before Satoshi disappeared.

Another interesting point some need to consider is that all timestamps on the forum point to Satoshi being a man in the western part of the United States in either California, Oregon, or Nevada. Hal Finney was in California. Which brings me to my next point. There was only one man in California named Satoshi Nakamoto. This man lived two streets over from Hal Finney. Let that sink in for a second. No, this man had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of Bitcoin. He’s not a computer programmer in any way. I don’t even believe Hal Finney and Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto even met. Hal Finney saw that Satoshi Nakamotos house was being foreclosed two streets away and thought it would be the ultimate symbol to the Bitcoin project and an example of banks mistreating people. A problem Bitcoin can solve. That, and he had a cool name.

Another point to be made here and another piece of compelling evidence is that Satoshi Nakamoto presumably mined blocks 1-77 of Bitcoin, Hal mined block 78, and Satoshi mined blocks 79-125. Hal claims to have mined Block 78 but not blocks 72-77. However, blocks 72-78 were more than likely (in my opinion, 95%) mined on the same extraNonce slope by the same person. If you do not know what an extraNonce slope is, please click the link below for reference:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346992.0

People will always point to the email conversations between Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney in January 2009 and onwards. Those mean absolutely nothing. Hal Finney was a very intelligent man and thought literally every detail about his project through. He was more than likely scared of past digital currency founders and operators getting arrested without technically breaking the law. Please google Liberty Dollar and/or Liberty Currency. This and Hal thought Bitcoin would succeed more so without a face and creator. Although I think it more has to do with the legal aspect. So Hal knew he had to have a fictional character create Bitcoin to avoid any issues. Now why Email himself? Easy. 1) He knew he would be one of the first people suspected of creating Bitcoin and wanted an Alibi. 2) He probably eventually wanted to work on the project himself and retire Satoshi. Mostly, #1. And no, E-Mailing himself does not mean he had multiple personality disorder in any way. It just means he carefully planned his alibi from the start of the project.

Another point is Hal Finney received the first ever Bitcoin Transaction. This is not hard evidence by any means but if I’m working on a project like Bitcoin, I’m sending myself the first ever transaction to see if it works.

This one is purely speculation but I thought I’d add it in. Hal and Satoshi both had @gmx email addresses as one of the emails they used. Not a super common email service (at least to my knowledge).

Another piece, Hal Finney Article on Double Spending:

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/detecting-double-spending/

There you have my findings and thoughts on Hal Finney being Satoshi Nakamoto. This is obviously only speculation on my part but there is not much doubt in my own mind that Hal and Satoshi are the same person.

Hal Finney created Bitcoin.

I will be creating a video on this, basically saying what I have said in this post. I will post the link in the first post when I do make it.

Bitcoin was introduced in 2008 to the economic market to the entire world and it was assumed to be the SATOSHI NAKAMOTO, the so called inventor of bitcoin, though it was assumed only that he has invented bitcoin as no one has saw him ever and no one has met him but there were rumours that he used to talk to his followers through social networking sites but there is no such solid proof but once I got some chance, I would like to meet him once in my life.
Shiro21

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:47:15 PM

we all need data and facts, not just issues. But just let Nakamoto's identity become a mystery, the most important thing is his work that has changed the world and helped the financial lives of many people. I personally appreciate what he has done for the rest of my life.
nagasaking

Activity: 333

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:48:14 PM

There is a lot of speculation that Satoshi Nakamoto is an individual and there are some who think that they are a community, and of course no one knows Satoshi Nakamoto, and it is dangerous if Satoshi's identity is found and of course many criminals will target that is why the identity is kept secret from all public.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:00:22 PM

There is a lot of speculation that Satoshi Nakamoto is an individual and there are some who think that they are a community, and of course no one knows Satoshi Nakamoto, and it is dangerous if Satoshi's identity is found and of course many criminals will target that is why the identity is kept secret from all public.

Even this is one among that you need to go with the article many things has been explained about the Satoshi in old articles this may be the new proposal.
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:15:25 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 08:21:12 PM by Traxo

October 31, 2016
Bitcoin Origins by Phil Wilson aka Scronty
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5aflch/bitcoin_origins/
http://vu.hn/bitcoin%20origins.html

August 30, 2018
Is “Satoshi Nakamoto” Craig Wright, Dave Kleiman and Phil Wilson? Bitcoin Creators Revealed!
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/satoshi-nakamoto-craig-wright-dave-kleiman-phil-wilson-bitcoin-creators-revealed/

September 2, 2018
Craig Wright Refutes Phil Wilson’s Bitcoin Origins Satoshi Story: Shares ‘Easter Eggs’ Exposure Plans
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/craig-wright-refutes-phil-wilsons-bitcoin-origins-satoshi-story/

A Satoshi Nakamoto Story | Phil "Scronty" Wilson by Steve Patterson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OPCVeo1u20
[2:59] "I think that Phil Wilson is the real Satoshi Nakamoto"
Some interview timestamps: https://gist.github.com/cryptobabel/b74b459a41573acac3770d02ba098517

September 4, 2018
Scronty (Phil Wilson) is not Satoshi
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/9cyi3o/scronty_phil_wilson_is_not_satoshi/
    And Steve Patterson's response therein:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/9cyi3o/scronty_phil_wilson_is_not_satoshi/e5eyjs9/

Phil's twitter account:
https://twitter.com/_Phil_Wilson_

Note Shelby aka @anonymint thinks Phil Wilson is a fraud and this is nonsense.
Shelby thinks Satoshi is the Zionists global elite:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628344.msg45538963#msg45538963

"Satoshi" wrote a book, here is a summary (the only one thus far):  
https://medium.com/@venture_crypto/the-genesis-block-6c9ebde73ff9

Team Satoshi Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeamSatoshi
https://twitter.com/TeamSatoshi/status/1013566343206010880

robin1991

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 04:31:26 AM

No matter who is satoshi nakamoto the good thing is that he create cryptocurreny and people are very happy by this creation because most of the people can fullfil their dreams but still today the question is that who is satoshi whether he is a person or a name of group. Sometime a question is strike in my mind that why he or she will hide his/her identity.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:10:11 AM

I do not care much about someone being Satoshi Nakamoto. I am interested in people who are developing Bitcoin! Satoshi Nakamoto if you do not want to reveal, it's privacy! I support that
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:50:22 AM

The identity of Mr.Nakamoto Satoshi has long been a controversial and debatable issue since the inception of the bitcoin innovation over 9years ago!. The identity of Mr. Nakamoto is a thing that daily is mysterious and this is one of the pointers that show that crypto can and is decentralised with having to reveal the personality of a contributor.
poonampawan

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:59:04 AM

No one knows who he is and it doesn't matter but his name will be remembered always to introduce blockchain technology to us. He might be a private person and that's why he doesn't want to reveal himself and created Bitcoin Smiley
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:00:08 AM

Some says satoshi nakamoto is just a theory to begin with the bitcoin. Some are also making a way that they claim to be satoshi nakamoto. But i think until now, the identity of satoshi nakamoto is hidden for a purpose, maybe for his security of being one of the riches around the world. But for me, whoever he is, we should thank him for making bitcoin possible, and still bitcoin continues until now.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:17:21 AM

Some says satoshi nakamoto is just a theory to begin with the bitcoin. Some are also making a way that they claim to be satoshi nakamoto. But i think until now, the identity of satoshi nakamoto is hidden for a purpose, maybe for his security of being one of the riches around the world. But for me, whoever he is, we should thank him for making bitcoin possible, and still bitcoin continues until now.

I agree. This is something that most people tend to not focus on. Why in the heck should Satoshi Nakamoto disclose his identity when the prime logic around which this market is built around is anonymity itself?

Whoever he or she is, I don't really care and I like the fact that they are helping the world in such a big way without even disclosing their true identities. This is the quality of a hero in my opinion.

Satoshi Nakamoto is a true inspiration for all of us. Don't judge him/her people. Be thankful for he/she has done for this world.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:45:28 AM

Do not you think that Satoshi Nakamoto is the greatest scam of all the times? No, I do not mean bad things. Simply a group of people could take the nickname Nakamoto.
Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:18:35 PM

No body know who is Satoshi Nakamoto, but we all knows Satoshi Nakamoto the one person create bitcoin.
but exactly we all don't know whom is HE/SHE because the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto is very hidden.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:56:05 PM

I think that no one will be able to find Satoshi. If honestly then I think that Satoshi has already died and no one will ever have access to his Bitcoins. I do not need to worry about this.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:46:58 PM

If this is true and whoever he is I'm so grateful to him for creating Bitcoin I'm not the only one thanking him millions are for creating this technology, I just hope he will not dump all his shares, so the price will not go down maybe one day he'll create another technology breakthrough again because  a software developer always comes out with a new one.

Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:57:48 PM

If this is true and whoever he is I'm so grateful to him for creating Bitcoin I'm not the only one thanking him millions are for creating this technology, I just hope he will not dump all his shares, so the price will not go down maybe one day he'll create another technology breakthrough again because  a software developer always comes out with a new one.
I agree with you, even if today Satoshi is present in this forum, then he will be a source of solutions for every crypto market problem.

he will create a topic, and then his topic will be full of comments, and get a solution for every bitcoin market development, trading, investing, and even creating a high bitcoin market volume.
April Ford

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:27:44 PM

There is nobody who is most likely the inventor. There are countless of people who could be, but it’s all debunked so that we can’t say. Also, many believe it’s not just one person. This is how I see it anyway.
Satoshi Nakamoto is a symbol. Everyone with piece of Bitcoin is Satoshi in a sense. The original inventor would be irrelevant if we are talking about truly decentralized currency.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:32:45 PM

First of all i would like to commend you for a very nice research regarding satoshi's real identity.
But nevertheless this will still remain as a perception of an individual, i also do have a guess who could satoshi really be but ill just keep it to myself who he/they really is/are.
But one of the basis i have is the amount he/they have.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: