Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If anyone "replaces" BTC it should be Raiblocks not Bitcoin Cash  (Read 585 times)
christianb35

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:52:58 PM

Is there a coin that can beat nowadays with bitcoin? I don't think any coin can make it pass on bitcoin with its current performance. I also haven't heard about this Railblocks thing. Actually this is my frst time to encounter such a name. Basing on some reading here I learned that it is a trustless Cryptocurrency. So why is it a question that, will Railblocks replace BTC. There are a lot better coin that is much further better than Railblocks I believe. One is Ethereum which is really gaining the trust of users and gaining its worth. Railblocks is out of the choices.
It is not trust less, It has its own consensus mechanism: Delegated Proof of Stake. Basically :
Proof of Work < Proof of Stake < Delegated Proof of Stake

Why is Delegated Proof of Stake better than Proof of Stake?
1) When everyone can stake, some stake with bad hardware or connection which slow down the network
2) The more people that stake, the more electricity it costs and the less return there is (because yes, in a PoS there has to be a return for staking)
3) When the network consensus rely on "non tech" people, it is hard to get those people to update their wallet / staking software so updating the network is a pain
In a Delegated Proof of Stake mechanism, It will be businesses that that will stake and they will do it to get "trust votes" like they are currently trying to get "facebook likes", their "XRB Representive" weight will just be more real than any other appreciation token they can get. Not only they will stake for free, but they will do it well, very well. RaiBlocks is already instant because you don't need to wait for other people transactions to get in a block, but it will get even more instant than 1 or 2 seconds as the network grow and those big "Proof of Stake Representatives" get in.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:55:50 PM

bitcoin must be replaced by other coins, i dont know what the real value of bitcoin has, as its mainnet is so slow and cant be used to real world, it cost so much energy but do nothing help, why should we support bitcoin

I can think of several good reasons, mainly:

1) Bitcoin is the crypto reserve currency, without a reliable reserve we can't tell if our trading is going well. Sure we can measure against fiat, but fiat is easily left behind by cryptos. It would make trading well near-impossible if the most dominant coin keeps changing. I make my living from trading and you need us to support new currencies and provide support levels during dips.

2) Bitcoin is cryptos flag bearer, if anything bad happens to it, it will effect all coins. No-one new to crypto is going to put money in if their coin can be forked and replaced by "Bitcoin version 2" leaving "Bitcoin version 1" a lot less valuable as a result. Not everyone checks charts daily, they just want to buy 0.5 BTC and leave it gaining value.

You summed up my thoughts perfectly and I agree with all your comments.  I just don't know if those reasons will prevail over profits...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:11:09 AM

Is there a coin that can beat nowadays with bitcoin? I don't think any coin can make it pass on bitcoin with its current performance. I also haven't heard about this Railblocks thing. Actually this is my frst time to encounter such a name. Basing on some reading here I learned that it is a trustless Cryptocurrency. So why is it a question that, will Railblocks replace BTC. There are a lot better coin that is much further better than Railblocks I believe. One is Ethereum which is really gaining the trust of users and gaining its worth. Railblocks is out of the choices.

Ethereum and Raiblocks are two entirely different things. For sending a transaction, Raiblocks is obviously superior, given that it's instant (not fast, instant) and free.

Ethereum is great for building blockchain applications, not for payment. Try telling Norman McNormie he has to set the correct gas amount in Myetherwallet and wait 10 minutes to pay for his new laptop. It will never happen.

Raiblocks is obviously much better suited for mainstream adoption. If you haven't heard of it as you say, you need to start researching it.

KevenDabid

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:03:52 AM

It seems to me that these so-called forks are almost impossible to go beyond bitcoin, and just copy one copy of the code and change the data to be a new fork. Sad

bitcoinsc

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:08 AM

I have some money on bch after hearing about Roger ver, but I'm thinking of dumping it now and put half to eth and half btc.. it must be slow growth.

Ethereum and Uniswap.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:50:13 AM

I have some money on bch after hearing about Roger ver, but I'm thinking of dumping it now and put half to eth and half btc.. it must be slow growth.

Good plan. I would put it in newer coins personally but anything is safer than Bitcoin Cash. It's a time-bomb, the second the Lightning Network fully launches it will crash hard.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:34:07 PM

How much do they pay you for writing this OP? you should add to your for asking questions, how do you mine Railblocks? you mine it by delegated proof of stake voting or DPOS. there is no FAQ on the main site, only something about paying people with Raiblocks to block the advertisements shown on web pages, what does that have anything to do with a decentralized currency? how do you earn Raiblocks? who would pay the costs if some body spammed the network with 1 Million transactions per second? this shitcoin is around for ever, why did it start to rise after Bitcoin skyrocketed from $3000 to $18000?
And the last but the most important question, who's in charge of Raiblocks? I need to beg for $10,000 worth of Raiblocks, a man has got to eat and also desires to jump an opposite sex. (note that I'm in dire need of jumping at least a paid prostitute at least for half an hour, but I don't have the place to do that, alright I give up, just give me enough Raiblocks so that I could at least pay the prostitute for that thirty minutes and rent a motel room or something, note 2, there are no rest rooms like you see in American movies in my country, so there is that). first lol and then rofl to warm up your body.

🖤😏
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:38:40 PM

How much do they pay you for writing this OP? you should add to your for asking questions, how do you mine Railblocks? you mine it by delegated proof of stake voting or DPOS. there is no FAQ on the main site, only something about paying people with Raiblocks to block the advertisements shown on web pages, what does that have anything to do with a decentralized currency? how do you earn Raiblocks? who would pay the costs if some body spammed the network with 1 Million transactions per second? this shitcoin is around for ever, why did it start to rise after Bitcoin skyrocketed from $3000 to $18000?
And the last but the most important question, who's in charge of Raiblocks? I need to beg for $10,000 worth of Raiblocks, a man has got to eat and also desires to jump an opposite sex. (note that I'm in dire need of jumping at least a paid prostitute at least for half an hour, but I don't have the place to do that, alright I give up, just give me enough Raiblocks so that I could at least pay the prostitute for that thirty minutes and rent a motel room or something, note 2, there are no rest rooms like you see in American movies in my country, so there is that). first lol and then rofl to warm up your body.

Tl;dr

Try separating into paragraphs, it's much easier to read and you look less crazy.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:47:52 PM

i prefer bcash from raiblocks, because its coin I think less so obviously I had time to have coin xrb from faucet as much as 3000 xrb but I already sell, if I save maybe I have become rich

I would have kept at least some.

Why do you prefer Bitcoin Cash? What's special about it? What does it do?

XRB has instant transactions and fee-less transactions, does Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin Cash's whole reason to exist is that it's faster and cheaper to move than BTC, but XRB is the fastest and cheapest coin to transact with, so why does Bitcoin Cash still need to exist? It's all based on having Bitcoin in the name.

BTCHadzija

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:59:21 PM

true, xrb (or nano) is the future
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:16:39 PM

Btw, Raiblocks just won the vote to be added on Binance by a large margin, and KuCoin added it yesterday.

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:38:55 PM

I think that we should discuss a possible candidate for the leader of the crypto currency, regardless of what we want to ensure that bitcoin has long remained in the lead. Bitcoin is now very patient with hundreds of thousands of hanging transactions and the high cost of fees. We are promised that these problems can correct the introduction of a network of lightning or SegWit, but we do not yet see a real result. If bitcoin does not eliminate its shortcomings, then the real contender can really be bitcoin cash, which is just different from the original bitcoin just by the absence of those problems. which are now in the original bitkoin.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:43:55 PM

XRB development is astonishing and the its technology looks promising,it is better than the forked shitty coin Bcash.

bul

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:52:05 PM

I do agree, Bitcoin cash is trash! XRB is a real nice coin, free transactions which are instant...  With Raiblocks there is no need for Bitcoin cash to exist at all
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:57:31 PM

Bitcoin cash didnt hit the expectations and seems ppl dodnt want it but its all about mlney and ppl behind of it have many of those

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:15:42 PM

I think that bitcoin will remain the top one. But if you choose between Raiblocks and Cash. That I would prefer Raiblocks. For a variety of transactions, this is one of the best solutions to date.

iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:19:24 PM

I don't get the hype around Raiblocks, doesn't Steem have just as fast blockchain transactions? And Larimer the developer of Steem is working on EOS which will even be faster. My money is on EOS
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:20:51 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 02:55:41 AM by sanbashiyi

No way. Absolutely wrong assumption. If there is any coin that would replace Bitcoin, it would be ETH and not Railblocks.
Isn't the market full of shitcoins already? Do you really expect such shitcoins to replace BTC? You got to be kidding me if you think like that. This would show that you are not really as informed in regards to cryptos as of now.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:31:10 PM

There's no need to replace anything here because it's more good if we have it all like btc,xrb and bcc so i say in the future it can happen,All of the coins here need only support to authorized their coins in exchanger like btc to fiat and i think in some eth can be like that.I think also even we already authorized any coins to exchange in fiat still btc can't be replace because it's so good now.Moreover don't compare anything here but look what they can be in positive way like how can you use it in good way.

christianb35

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:52:41 PM

I don't get the hype around Raiblocks, doesn't Steem have just as fast blockchain transactions? And Larimer the developer of Steem is working on EOS which will even be faster. My money is on EOS
Nope, Steem slower behind, in terms of transaction speed: Steem < Ripple < RaiBlocks
But the hype about RaiBlocks is its -unlimited- scalability: the number of transaction per second that it can handle it not even know yet, it is at least more than 7k:
https://i.imgur.com/oRpO8lc.gif
And it doesn't obtain that by magic: It is a completely new blockchain technology written from the ground up!

i would be rather that ethereum replace bitcoin but not raiblocks or bitcoin cash

because ethereum have the more users base and the development is also good .
If BTC should be replaced, it has to be by a coin that fix its issues. Ethereum has as many scaling issues as BTC currently.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: