Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ENDED]GBX-The Crypto Harbour.Gibraltar-based Crypto Exchange&Token Platform  (Read 42358 times)
hufflepuff4life

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:09:42 PM

CEO Fortnightly Message 16/11/18

Dear FORTs,

I’m sure by now you have all seen the announcement regarding our new Joint Venture, Hashtacs Inc. and the STACS Protocol. I want to expand more on our plans and the future for the GSX Group and the fintech ecosystem that we are building, so, great news. Today, you’ll be getting not one, but two updates from me.

I want to go into as much detail as I currently can, regarding STACS (formerly GSP but now so much more), and to do that, it requires a second message to you all. Don’t worry, I won’t make you wait. It’s coming shortly after this update.

Without further ado, what’s been happening at the GBX over the last two weeks:

1. Hashstacs Inc. Joint Venture

This week we announced Hashstacs Inc., a joint venture between GSX Group, Chong Sing Fintech Holdings Limited and Prime Fintech Ltd. There’s a lot to tell you, but if you missed the official announcement, you can find it below. I will be following up this message with a dedicated update on STACS. Keep your eyes peeled.

https://www.gsx.gi/article/9464/gsx-group-establishes-hashstacs-inc-as-a-joint-venture  

2. Maecenas ART Token to be listed on the GBX-DAX

The company behind a decentralised art gallery auction market, Maecenas, and their token ART are to be listed on the GBX-DAX. Brought to GBX by the Sponsor Firm Lightbulb Capital, trading for the ART token will be live from the 19th November, you can deposit now to be ready in time, and you can read about this latest listing and the utility of the ART token, here:

https://gbx.gi/news/maecenas-art-token-to-be-listed-on-gibraltar-blockchain-exchange/  

3. GBX-DAX Supports the BCH Hard Fork

With the latest developments in the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) hard fork yesterday, the GBX-DAX supported the change-over relating to a software upgrade. The GBX has taken care of all processes associated with the fork for our users, if you have any queries, please e-mail info@gbx.gi or message in the TG community. You can read about the BCH hard fork, and the GBX-DAX related procedures here:

https://gbx.gi/news/gbx-supports-upcoming-bch-hard-fork/  

4. GSX Group On The Road

Web Summit 2018

The GBX was present at the colossal Web Summit in Lisbon, exhibiting to the 70,000+ attendees over the three-day event. It has been a year since we began our initial roadshow at Web Summit 2017, in which time we have developed an entire ecosystem to be proud of. You can view the write up of the event here:

https://gbx.gi/news/gbx-at-2018-web-summit-in-lisbon/  

Societe Generale Innovation Week UK  

The GSX Group was invited to the inaugural Societe Generale Innovation Week UK in London. Hosted by Societe Generale as a networking and collaboration event, I had the opportunity to give a presentation on the GSX Group ecosystem and our latest developments. The details of the Innovation Week can be seen here:

https://gbx.gi/news/gbx-societe-generale-innovation-week-uk/  

5. BIC Gibraltar Blockchain Educational Workshop

The GSX Group is always looking for ways to support the blockchain economy, both in Gibraltar and abroad. This is why we set up the Blockchain Innovation Centre (BIC), whose mission statement is to help grow and support the industry workforce for the new digital era. On the 19th November, the BIC in association with London Blockchain Labs is hosting a blockchain workshop at the University of Gibraltar. The event sold out 100+ tickets in just 10 days. Keep an eye out for future events, not just in Gibraltar. You can view the details here:

https://www.bic.gi/2018/11/07/announcing-the-blockchain-educational-workshop-in-collaboration-with-the-university-of-gibraltar/

6. Consensus: Invest 2018 NYC

The team and I will be heading to the Consensus Invest event on the 27th of November in New York. As one of the world's premier blockchain events, it is an excellent opportunity for us to promote the work of GSX Group.

We will have a booth so please stop by if you’re attending! It is always great to meet our community.

https://www.coindesk.com/events/consensus-invest-2018  

That’s it for this news round-up, there have been some interesting developments for the GBX and the GSX Group as a whole. The latest JV with Hashstacs is an incredible step forward in our plans to transform the capital markets using blockchain technology. You’ll see my additional message regarding the Joint Venture shortly.

Nick Cowan
CEO - GBX

Wow such huge updates meanwhile, other projects within the same category are dead. Can we stay like this please? I think if I have extra funds in the near future, I will buy some GBX. Mind sharing any markets of GBX right now? Will be such a good help. And anyways, Keep up the good work folks!

Thanks so much for your continued support! Of course you can always buy RKT from GBX DAX https://exchange.gbx.gi/ but here are some other markets: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/rock/#markets

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hufflepuff4life

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:04:26 PM

The STACS Protocol and what it means for RKT holders

Dear Rock Token holders,

I am writing to you to brief you on an important development which will affect all Rock Token holders. This update covers the following:

- The development of the GSX as a tokenised securities exchange.

- The development of the underlying technology we have named the STACS Protocol.

- The strategy to offer STACS as a global network of exchanges, broker-dealers, investment banks, and financial institutions.

- The implications for RKT holders.

The GSX Group has been working hard to expand its ecosystem to further develop and maximise the use of RKT. As described in our original RKT white paper, we saw the ecosystem expanding via a phased approach which can be summarised as follows:

Phase 1 -
Build the GBX as a licensed and regulated token sale platform and secondary cryptocurrency exchange which provides a multi fiat-crypto marketplace, whereby primary and secondary tokens can be traded in a trusted environment. Despite challenges along the way, including having to change our technology solution, we have managed to hit our milestones. Both the GRID and the DAX are open. All listing and sponsor fees are payable in RKT. We also offer benefits to holders including reduced trading fees and referral program rewards.

Phase 2 -
Build the GSX as one of the world’s first tokenised securities exchanges providing a digital platform for Security Tokens to be launched and traded. As a Stock Exchange, we see incredible opportunities to disrupt the existing traditional securities processes, thus reducing the speed and cost of capital and opening up markets to a whole new universe of investors. RKT is also going to be used to pay fees within the GSX.

Phase 3 -
Build out the rest of the GSX Group to provide our client base with ongoing solutions. We have successfully acquired two services companies, positioning Juno Services as the largest fund administration company in Gibraltar. We have seen a rapidly growing client base choosing Juno to provide fund admin services, particularly crypto funds, where we can also facilitate banking relationships here in Gibraltar. In addition to Juno, we are also close to completing an acquisition of a UK-licensed dealer-broker which provides FX (Foreign Exchange), derivative, and CFD services.

To explain Phase 2 in more detail, as we looked at the underlying technology that would facilitate the move to a digital securities exchange, we had originally considered a private chain which the GSX would have used as its own, to allow buyers and sellers to trade digital securities.

However, we considered this highly restrictive for our clients’ access to liquidity and essentially we would simply be building a new legacy system to replace our old legacy system.

We also discovered, through extensive discussions, that a large number of exchanges, investment banks, broker-dealers, and asset managers were all wrestling with the same question. The general consensus was that the public ledgers have some way to go to be fit for purpose and that there was no single solution that could deliver the complexity of digital securities trading and settlement.

Therefore, the GSX Group came up with the vision of the STACS Protocol - the Securities Trading Asset Classification Settlement Protocol - which is being developed by our new joint venture, Hashstacs Inc..

STACS, we believe, will transform the way capital markets operate, intersecting between global traditional capital markets and crypto finance. The grand vision of the STACS Protocol is to become a global leading Digital Asset platform for the capital markets of the future. A global network where regulated incumbents such as investment banks, exchanges such as the GSX, and broker-dealers will capitalise on the tremendous potential of tokenised securities, including STOs.

These Verified Partners will provide issuers with a location agnostic, global infrastructure, to issue in the jurisdiction(s) of their choice.

The STACS network is also a collaborative effort for issuers to access a global pool of capital and liquidity.

Regulators will be equipped with the tools to fulfil automated regulatory reporting. The approach is proactive, not reactive.

The STACS Protocol will bring an integrated platform and tools, from issuance to settlement, in an open, collaborative and inclusive environment.

The proprietary technology, highlighted in recent communications, will encompass the development of the STACS Protocol, the integration of the STACS enterprise wallet, and the implementation of trading platform services.

We see numerous benefits that tokenised securities provide:

1. Improved Liquidity (Democratising illiquid assets)

2. Lower cost of transactions (Removing the middleman)     

3. Fractional ownership (e.g. Stradivarius violin, the Shard,…) 

4. Faster trade execution and settlement (fewer intermediaries)

5. Greater security (less potential manipulation)     

6. Global free market exposure (24/7 global pool of capital)

7. Lower issuance fee (Tokenisation-as-a-Service)                           
8. Easy to track (via DLT)

9. Applicable to all Asset Class (Equity, Debt, Oil, Gold, Fine Art...)

10. Compliance built in (Asset interoperability: frictionless)               

11. Regulated (Accountability and credibility)                         
12. New financing models (Never possible before)       

RKT Implications

The STACS Protocol provides good news for RKT holders.

Not only will RKT Holders continue to benefit from the ever-expanding utility within the GSX Group ecosystem – which will include the GBX, the GSX, as well as other business lines – but RKT will also be the token which drives the utility within the STACS Protocol. We will provide further details in our technical white paper which will be released in the coming weeks.

I remain more excited than ever about the future of the GSX Group, the future of the STACS Protocol, and most importantly the future of RKT/STACS.

We will ensure that we keep the TG channel up-to-date with all announcements as they happen over the next few months.

Nick Cowan
CEO - GSX Group
theedm09ka

Activity: 250
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

GBX and #STACS vision is innovative and forward looking. GBX is prepared for the future Of Digital Asset Securities Issuance And Trading!

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/digital-asset-securites-issuuance-and-trading
Nold

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

I have read the plans for the development of GBX, but I do not quite understand what bonuses will rkt token holders have after the introduction of all these ideas?
theedm09ka

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:51:02 PM

I have read the plans for the development of GBX, but I do not quite understand what bonuses will rkt token holders have after the introduction of all these ideas?

Please check page 33 of the whitepaper. Actually GBX have a token staking model that allows for a reduction in trading fees. The only thing that the team will not be doing is token burning
paskal_navi

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

Dear GBX users,

From the 19th of November 14:00:00 UTC to 20th of November 14:00:00 UTC, the deposits and withdrawals of all tokens will be suspended temporarily as we continue our new wallet upgrade. During this time, however, all tokens will continue trading as usual.
This wallet upgrade is part of our continued efforts to deliver the world-leading, institutional-grade GBX Digital Asset Exchange (GBX-DAX) including improved performance and security.
paskal_navi

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:16:17 AM

Dear GBX users,

We would like to inform you that the listing of Maecenas ART Token on GBX-DAX has been rescheduled to November 21st 08:00 UTC.
Hendoboxing

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:21:50 PM

The GSX Group Blockchain Innovation Centre’s Blockchain Educational Workshop has been a huge success in Gibraltar today, in collaboration with the University of Gibraltar and London Blockchain Labs.

Over 100 people attended the event to understand more about blockchain technology, smart contracts, use cases, regulations around the world and so much more.
gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

As I see coinmarketcap showing GBX Digital Asset Exchange volume  Roll Eyes
And not only by RKT pair but all other traded currencies there. Seems volume quite good for new exchange ($16 391 717 USD for last 24h).

But why you still not contacted with Coinmarketcap about correct circulatin supply tokens? If this true, that in circulating only 350 mln tokens you must contact them about this issue.
paskal_navi

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:02:18 PM

As I see coinmarketcap showing GBX Digital Asset Exchange volume  Roll Eyes
And not only by RKT pair but all other traded currencies there. Seems volume quite good for new exchange ($16 391 717 USD for last 24h).

But why you still not contacted with Coinmarketcap about correct circulatin supply tokens? If this true, that in circulating only 350 mln tokens you must contact them about this issue.
Hi! Yes the current circulation supply is lower and this has been discussed many times on bitcointalk and telegram Smiley Here is an answer from the GBX team: t.me/GBXCommunity/80171
trader_999
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:13:56 PM

Please check page 33 of the whitepaper. Actually GBX have a token staking model that allows for a reduction in trading fees. The only thing that the team will not be doing is token burning

is it a only one use case for token? its understandable about burning - can be lead to some legal problems in future in such direction as price manipulation.
Gemma_AmaZix

Activity: 235

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:56:10 PM

is it a only one use case for token? its understandable about burning - can be lead to some legal problems in future in such direction as price manipulation.

Hi there, The token is a utility token made specifically for use within the ecosystem. The team also added staking for cheaper trading fees, so, they have added even more utility to it Smiley
theedm09ka

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:14:51 PM

Dear ROCKers,

Please note that deposit/withdrawal for ALL (except BCH) cryptocurrencies have been enabled with immediate effect!
piggyfrog

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:33:20 AM

Dear ROCKers,

The Maecenas ART token is now open for trading on GBX DAX. The trading pairs available are as follows:

ART/USD, ART/BTC, and ART/ETH.

Our CEO Nick Cowan interviewed Marcelo Garcia Casil the CEO of  the decentralised art gallery auction market, to provide some insight on the project.

https://youtu.be/lMsbA3PVmFs
Gemma_AmaZix

Activity: 235

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:23:22 PM

The Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange has been granted a license by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission!

Becoming a regulated provider of Distributed Ledger Technology under Gibraltar’s DLT framework is another affirmation of our significant and continued progress throughout 2018.

Learn more about Gibraltar's DLT framework and what this means for the GBX and the wider GSX Group, which is now the first regulated stock exchange group to also own and run a regulated blockchain exchange.

https://medium.com/@Gibraltar.Blockchain.Exchange/the-gibraltar-blockchain-exchange-is-now-licensed-by-the-gibraltar-financial-services-commission-ac2945956002
lkjhg

Activity: 744
Merit: 100

Join On COMBO

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:14:37 PM

if only the GBX token is burned I don't think there is a problem, because GBX has ICO and circulation of course from tokens sold

gudjhonson

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

if only the GBX token is burned I don't think there is a problem, because GBX has ICO and circulation of course from tokens sold

If the GBX token is not burned, won't that hamper the development of the token itself?
All I know is that ICO burns unsold tokens so that development can be smooth and profitable.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
paskal_navi

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

If the GBX token is not burned, won't that hamper the development of the token itself?
All I know is that ICO burns unsold tokens so that development can be smooth and profitable.
I guess there is a kind of misunderstanding. All tokens have been sold during the original token sale in February. No more tokens should be burned because there was a sold out. And the development of the entire GBX ecosystem goes smoothly and without a break. Smiley
Komosa

Activity: 1358
Merit: 581

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:16:43 PM

I recommend to spend a little time and read the white paper, there is a very detailed description of everything, and there are all the answers to your questions.
LRPchange

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 03:17:24 AM

Dear Rock Token holders – this is an important and exciting message concerning GBX’s utility token

Last Friday in my CEO Fortnightly statement I updated you on the STACS Protocol.

Our new technology subsidiary, Hashstacs Inc, has developed the STACS protocol which will help create a global leading digital asset platform for the capital markets of the future. A venue where regulated incumbents such as investment banks, exchanges such as GSX and broker-dealers will capitalise on the tremendous potential of tokenised securities including STOs by providing issuers with access to a global liquidity pool within a regulated environment. The proprietary technology, highlighted in recent communications, will encompass the development of the STACS protocol, the integration of the STACS Enterprise Wallet and the implementation of trading platform services.

Welcome to the STACS Token

I am very excited to share this news with you.  As I mentioned in my recent Hashstacs message, not only will GBX’s utility token continue to benefit from the ever-expanding use within the GSX eco-system, which will include GBX, GSX, Juno, as well as other business lines – but it will also be the token which drives the utility within the STACS protocol.  Let me explain.

To make sure our utility token is at the heart of everything we do and with the STACS Protocol coming soon, it is time to create a pathway to the STACS protocol for all our token holders.  Welcome to the STACS Token.

The STACS Token is the GSX Group’s new utility token.  STACS has the SAME utility aspects as RKT, therefore, Sponsor fees, listing fees and trading fees will be paid for in STACS Tokens and all of the current membership aspects of RKT will be enjoyed by STACS holders in exactly the same way.   

The really exciting added utility of the STACS Token will be the reward and staking mechanisms on the STACS Protocol; I will keep you posted in the next few weeks with more details.

As from today, RKT will cease to be the driving force in our eco-system, the new STACS Token will take its place.

The details

RKT will cease to serve in its current form from today. The STACS Token, an upgraded ERC20 token, has replaced RKT as the utility token of our eco-system. 

Today (23rd November 2018) at the first block after 03:00 UTC, we have started allocating STACS Tokens on the Ethereum blockchain, GRID and DAX wallets to all RKT holders.
STACS Tokens are being distributed on a 1 to 1 basis, for example, if you have 10,000 RKT in your Ethereum/GBX Grid/GBX DAX wallet, you will have 10,000 RKTs AND 10,000 STACS Tokens. We are also working with our partners Quoine too to do the same.

We have informed CMC, Coingecko, Quoine, IDEX and Etherscan about the change of GBX’s utility token.

We will enable trading of the STACS Token on the DAX once balances are confirmed.  We expect this to be within 6 hours.

This has been one of the most exciting updates I have had the pleasure of sharing with you.  The continued development of the STACS protocol, the GSX Group eco-system, and the launch of our new utility token; STACS.

Nick Cowan, CEO of GSX Group

PS: if you have any questions please contact our customer service department on support@gbx.gi or ask questions here in our TG Group.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: