Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinsMarkets.com IS DOWN!  (Read 18362 times)
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:25:57 AM

Still have 30m IFLT in there which I want to get out. Then they can go to hell for good.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:04:35 AM

Am I one of the lucky few, who had no real problems with Coinsmarkets? I did some trading there with ALQO alqo.org in the end of december. Apart from the long confirmation time for the deposit of BTC, everything worked fine for me. Do you think they just decided in January to make a run for it with the money or was this planned all along?

You were just lucky that you managed to sell what you had on there before they suspended trading and withdrawal.

I don't think they intended to take people's money originally - after all, running an exchange seems pretty lucrative, and they did seem to be making efforts to get coinsmarkets.com back up for a while, but I think they ran into financial issues and decided to 'temporarily' use customers' funds to support the upgrades.  Then the markets crashed and they were struggling to get the site up and running, and suddenly they realised that they couldn't afford to pay back their customers funds, even with all the masternodes they had set up, since Bitcoin and the alts haven't yet recovered...

I don't think this is the case. It doesn't take anywhere near as much money to upgrade anything they could have needed to upgrade. They've stolen A LOT of money from people. If they're using a vps, they could have easily gotten it upgraded for just a few dollars a month. If they're hosting the server themselves, a whole new server can be purchased for just a few thousand dollars. The amount of coins that are missing kinda proves that they were just out to scam people.

I'm note sure if they were using a VPS before, but I doubt it - they would have needed one or more dedicated servers or a powerful cloud (AWS, etc.) instance.  The upgrades they needed would have been several powerful dedicated servers or an enterprise level cloud instance.  These don't come cheap.  That said, I doubt that the owner has been living a life of poverty these past few months.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:08:35 AM

It was changed a few days ago now, but here is their most recent banner update:
"roi,Gufix,eur,agc,gpa,turk,USDCoin,BTCBC,trade,ndk,USD,KNOLIX,gnc,sk21,ect,frm,EGL,gio,xt,Rushcoin,808 are enabled for withdraw , More coins will follow ."

you can still login? i never get the email for whitlisng my ip...does the support react or is it waisted time?

I can still log in, yes, but I've been able to most of the time since the problems began (except during the worst DDOSes).  I've not needed to whitelist my IP again or contact support, but they don't seem to respond to anyone else so I am sorry to say that, unless they get their act together you probably are going to have to write this off.  I am doubting now that I will see my BTC or BTDX again (I'm not bothered about the rest).

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:05:00 PM

I am also still able to log in. And it seems the website ist still running "as normal" (whatever that means for CM). If they are running with the money of the major coins, why are they still enabeling new shitcoins for withdraw? That does not really make sense to me  Huh

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:38:48 PM

Still have 30m IFLT in there which I want to get out. Then they can go to hell for good.

No, first COLX and BTC  Angry

PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:33:25 AM

I've just seen this post dated 16th April 2018:

https://medium.com/@SHIELDcurrency/statement-regarding-coinsmarkets-1adad3df3825

There is no reason I can see for the owner to sell approximately $985,000 of Shield this month (which obviously isn't going to be going back to the original owners).  While I have been trying to give the owner the benefit of the doubt and thought that there was no reason for them to still be stringing us along, evidently they were waiting for the best time to sell some of it and also trying to pretend that there was still a chance for the high value coins to be returned eventually so that coins with good management teams wouldn't find a way to cut off those coins from circulation.

It is now clear that, other than some low priced Alts, any of us with coins of any real value aren't going to see them again, so sadly it's time to write them off.

MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

It's a scam. What do you expect?
propsharry

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:39:02 AM

It seems like coinsmarkets has stolen our Shield coins. Check this articles.

https://medium.com/@SHIELDcurrency/statement-regarding-coinsmarkets-1adad3df3825
pshemek

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:59:07 PM

that exchange have stolen the btc. that is for sure. i have just checked on the blockexplorer and there my btc address is empty.

▄▄████████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████▄
          ▄███████████░░▀█████▄
        ██████████████░░░███████
      ▐█████████████░░░██████▌
      █████████▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░████████
      ██████░░░░░░░░░░███████
      ██████░░░▄███▄░░░████████
      ▐██████░░░▀████░░░███████
        ███████░░░░░░░▀░░███████
          ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█████▀
              ▀████████████████▀
                  ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
DSTRA  F R O M   C O M M U N I T Y,
  C   O  M  E  S      U   N   I  T   Y    
[
               █████████
             ███░░░░░███
             ███░░░░░███
        ▄██████████████▄
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ████████████████
        ▀██████████████▀

PRIVACY

▄▄███████▄▄
              ▄█████▌░▐█████▄
            ▄█████░░░░░▐████▄
           █████▌░▐▌░█░▐█████
          ███████░░░▐████████
         ▐████████░░░▐██████▌
           █████▌░█▌▐▌░▐█████
            ▀█████░░░░░▐████▀
                ▀████▌░▐█████▀
                   ▀▀██████▀▀

LOW FEES

▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄█████████████▄
          ▄███░░▐██░░█████▄
         ██████░░▐██░░█████
        ████████░░▐██░░████
       ▐██████░░▐██░░█████▌
         ████▌░░██▌░░██████
          ▀███████████████▀
             ▀████████████▀
                 ▀▀██████▀▀

FAST
]▬▬▬  BTC ANN  ▬▬▬
WEBSITE    TWITTER
FACEBOOK DISCORD
Broesel

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:50:54 PM

Well, is anyone persuing a legal way to get them? I mean in terms of arresting them or telling the police about them? Or are you all just sitting there and telling everyone about how they stole your money?! If you want it back, do something about it. This thread would be a good place to start organiszing, don't you think!

Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
GoshaGT

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:56:01 PM

Well, is anyone persuing a legal way to get them? I mean in terms of arresting them or telling the police about them? Or are you all just sitting there and telling everyone about how they stole your money?! If you want it back, do something about it. This thread would be a good place to start organiszing, don't you think!
Crypto-currency transactions are not protected by law. You can not go to the police. I said earlier, as an option - to create a monetary fund and assign a reward for finding the founders of CM.
Broesel

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:18:03 AM

Crypto-currency transactions are not protected by law. You can not go to the police. I said earlier, as an option - to create a monetary fund and assign a reward for finding the founders of CM.

But if it is not protected by the law, what can you LEGALY do when you found the guys behind the scam? And remember the Mt.Gox thing a few years ago? Didn't Mark Karpeles get sued and the custerms of the exchange compensated for their losses?

PhaseshiftUK

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:01:02 PM

But if it is not protected by the law, what can you LEGALY do when you found the guys behind the scam? And remember the Mt.Gox thing a few years ago? Didn't Mark Karpeles get sued and the custerms of the exchange compensated for their losses?

Cryptocurrencies are an asset, even if they are mostly not recognised as legal tender.  Theft of an asset is still theft.

I must admit that I had been thinking about whether we could pursue them legally (assuming that they do indeed live in the Netherlands, so we at least have a jurisdiction to start in), but I don't know that we have a definite name and address to serve legal notice to (I'm assuming that is as important there as in most other jurisdictions).

GoshaGT

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:11:26 PM

Cryptocurrencies are an asset, even if they are mostly not recognised as legal tender.  Theft of an asset is still theft.

I must admit that I had been thinking about whether we could pursue them legally (assuming that they do indeed live in the Netherlands, so we at least have a jurisdiction to start in), but I don't know that we have a definite name and address to serve legal notice to (I'm assuming that is as important there as in most other jurisdictions).
Are you following the posts in this thread? The guys have already written that the previous address on which the domain was registered was false. Maybe rats from CM are in Zimbabwe and bought hosting in Holland. To bring people to justice - they must first be found!

Do you think stolen money is easier to take away from an unknown person or a famous person? How to do it - I do not want to speak at the forum.

GoshaGT

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:25:07 PM

If you have such confidence - why do not you write a statement to the police?
Broesel

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:49:46 AM

That is easy: I have luckily not left any money or coins on that rotten exchange. I am however interested in the way this issue is perceived and handled by those affected to be prepared if such a thing should ever happen to people i know or myself.

GoshaGT

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:28:34 PM

That is easy: I have luckily not left any money or coins on that rotten exchange. I am however interested in the way this issue is perceived and handled by those affected to be prepared if such a thing should ever happen to people i know or myself.

The police will not accept your written statement, because you did not suffer.
We need a person, who has coins on the CM and who at least can consult the police of the country where CM has a hosting.
Bobubil

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:55:35 AM

Hi all

I have this message when i try to CONNECT tu CM

Token creation failed , please login again and check your email

Do you have this too ? Or you can connect to coinsmarket ?
Bobubil

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:16:10 AM

Finally i can connect but it makes transfret failed "This can be reason to wrong wallet ,wallet maintenance , Coins in stake etc ...Coins are on hold. in case of coins in stake , transfer will be processed once coins are available again . If address is wrong provide a correct address"

Some one already had this ? And if yes : what after ?

Broesel

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:58:56 PM

We need a person, who has coins on the CM and who at least can consult the police of the country where CM has a hosting.

Well, according to a whois domainsearch, the domain coinsmarkets.com is registered through a company (www.anonymousspeech.com), which is providing anonymity for hosting and protecting the real identity of the owner of the website. They state on their website that they can "hide your private IP address or ISP info". I am not a pro in such things but this looks like an dead end.

And, in hindsight, we all should check the contact and hosting info of the next "small" exchange, we want to trade on and send our coins to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: