Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just saw this Etherdelta news, how you guys think?? RIP??  (Read 722 times)
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:22:09 AM

In my opinion, since Etherdelta has stopped listing coins that are not really profits, it is good that they came and started making actions for these shitcoins. Their action has made them look like more serious on protecting their exchange, the exchange seems to also be populated of traders that are always on the site.

Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:29:08 AM

Etherdelta stop listing new token/coin , due In order to protect EtherDelta users and investors benefit.
the full story ===>https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/in-order-to-protect-etherdelta-users-and-investors-benefit-we-have-decided-that-during-the-bd33464dbca0
Agree with you. Etherdelta become so popular, because their fast listing almost all ERC20 tokens (ICO, airdrop). After new Etherdelta rules become live - new coins listing will be much less.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:32:54 AM

They're doing this so people will buy their tokens to get listed.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Asyifiah

Activity: 658
Merit: 262

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:33:00 AM

Etherdelta stop listing new token/coin , due In order to protect EtherDelta users and investors benefit.
the full story ===>https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/in-order-to-protect-etherdelta-users-and-investors-benefit-we-have-decided-that-during-the-bd33464dbca0
Agree with you. Etherdelta become so popular, because their fast listing almost all ERC20 tokens (ICO, airdrop). After new Etherdelta rules become live - new coins listing will be much less.
The author deleted this Medium story
Browse for great reads on
can You tell me why I cant read your link URL ?
do you make it the articel on medium ?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:55:12 AM

Since their main marketing tool was basically marketing the listing of all known ERC20 coins, surely it is bad for their business with existing users. As you can notice they already deleted the story.....

However, maybe it is not bad for atracting new ones. Low volume is their main problem, besides being too slow even with such low volume. If they redesign the engine of their web and make it more user friendly (at least they could add some calculators) it would surely attract more people.

The problem with ERC20 coins is that there are many pump and dump ones, many that could be something good but then people use it only to pump and dump and then basically destroy it, and there are just too many scam coins. Etherdelta used to list them all. Pulling a break and making the developers put in some effort too get listed may be a good thing.

juarezweiss

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:01:57 AM

I hope though that their new plans help to develop a bit the current software... because, for real, that's a horrible UI. Worst exchange I have used so far, and I only started to check ED for the first time yesterday.
What a pain in the a** really.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:08:06 AM

LOL, they deleted the original post which claimed to bring these changes for user security. These changes do not make Etherlend more secure. Also I think escrow option will screw Etherelta very badly. Right now, they are not in that position to impose rules on token listers. Etherdelta platform just witnessed a terrible hack, their focus should be on making the platform more secure and welcome for all.

MrBea

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Bitcorns

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:10:11 AM

I've read elsewhere that the owners sold to somebody else and they are changing up a few things. Luckily I only used the exchange a few times to pick up some of the more obscure coins but hardly any that I could not have gotten somewhere else. I was not a big fan of the layout so I will just let this exchange fade away.

Gathering bitcorns.
wishman93

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:13:22 AM

The URL u posted is not working anymore
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

In my opinion, this is a good news, because most of the price of Etherdelta tokens is very low, which is obviously not in line with the market price.
muratos

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:15:53 AM

In any case, I think we will be able to trade without listing by using the contract addresses.
That's still something to profit on sh*t coins. Grin
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:20:05 AM

If etherdelta is listing coins to solve their vulnerability in their security system I will buy but I don't know how this CEO want to manage huge funds without thinking of security customers funds.
Arkitekt

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

to da mooon

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:21:27 AM

etherdelta's main niche was the decentralized aspect of it. Easy listing were part of it and removing that takes away from the overall appeal etherdelta once had. How sad. Who are these new chinese owners? what happened to the last dude? Why have I not heard more about this? it seems like a lot especially coming right after the hack and holiday time. This was a big shift for the biggest DAPP built on ethereum!
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:21:37 AM

This is bad news i think, how can new project hit exchange if etherdelta stop accepting new token?
I think we need new decentralized exchange to list the new project and hope its better than.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:43:00 AM

-, attacked
-, start ICO
-, Listing policy
Etherdelta is worst site ever, their actions are not repairing the service but instead kill this service
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:15:57 AM

well i think it is a good news for sometime .. as listing any erc20 token there cause the massive dump before the team decide to list the token to any other exchange..it is temporarily suspended but ED should stop listing tokens... it was also hacked some days before and i thought it is not secure to use etherdelta

rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:30:26 AM

won't be good for them since they are widely known for listing almost any coin, making it easy to purchase right after an ICO.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

The author deleted this Medium story
Browse for great reads on
can You tell me why I cant read your link URL ?
do you make it the articel on medium ?

I got the archive.is version of the article. You can still read the original article here: http://archive.is/ni9ei

It is just temporarily suspended till ICO end after which they will resume with the new listing policy as explained here: https://medium.com/@terryliu_71238/etherdelta-listing-policy-announcement-49c8ed4ff1f1 (new announcement)

I think its a great call and I personally welcome this. There are lot of suspicious projects and it has become hard to judge creditability of a project. Its great that by doing this they are only allowing credible project's token to be listed after ICO. So in short moving towards more secured trading environment which should be encouraged and welcomed and shouldn't be discouraged.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:24:04 AM

EtherDelta was a good decentralized exchanges but when they announced that I think it's a rest in peace for them. However, if you look on the other perspective it looks like some fort of anomaly like security issues and such? Maybe we can give them a time to restore their erc20 and for sure they'll recover it as soon as possible.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 11:37:03 AM

I don't know if it was only me but, when I open the link it says that "the author deleted this medium story". So, I guess that news was a just a big unrealistic story. Though as of now, they are facing some issues, I still don't loose hope that tomorrow it will soon become okay. And so I will get my funds already!  Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: