Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:29:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com?  (Read 56110 times)
eurobitcoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:29:17 PM

Yes, it's ok if it for few hours or few days. Not ok if dead for 1 week then it needs restart. But in the new version that we developed and updated everyone (and you too), it is pinging the robots once a day to make sure everything is ok automatically, so you don't need to check every week anymore!
ahfs6298

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

to eurobitcoin, or whoever can represent btcrobot here, I would like to know where it trades, like what exchange?
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 10:03:49 AM

or whoever can represent btcrobot here, I would like to know where it trades, like what exchange?

in btc-e.com
cyberom

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:22:31 AM

I hope they could reduce the CPU usage in the next version for silver members  Embarrassed

It is often at 100% CPu in my VPS, the process ruby.exe (requisite for the robot to work) consumes a lot of CPU !!!
The two others processes nw.exe (from the folder of the robot) are ok.

cyberom

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:48:55 AM

answer from support:

"Trading with the silver robot requires you to always keep your PC on all the time. The internet issues, windows updates and other programs can disturb your trading. For maximum performance, we suggest that you upgrade to Gold or Platinum! If you are a platinum client, you can also have access to top class priority support at platinum@btcrobot.com
To upgrade, simply login to your account and click the newly introduced Upgrade button in the "Upgrade" tab."

Sorry, but you don't answer my question !!
I don't want to upgrade as i'm already a silver member and i'm ok with it, i just would like to know if you
are aware of the problem (CPU usage) and intend to fix that ...

I don't like the answer, always upgrade, upgrade !!!!
Could you focus please with this point for silver members, or there is no support with this plan, so why do you offer it ??

thanks again
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:47:09 PM

nw.exe is Node-Webkit

It is often at 100% CPu in my VPS, the process ruby.exe

Ruby.exe is Ruby software development kit. It uses a lot of memory which is normal. That's why we dont recommend running Silver on VPS. It was developed for home PC. In case you are interested in VPS, best way is to upgrade to Gold. The difference is only 99 usd but you get full year of trading VPS there and simple web access.
dddanny

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:25:36 PM

But in Gold Plan, what happens after the one year ? Any additional cost, which you didn't mention ?
I see a onetime payment for 1 year ? Tongue
What happens after ? Another 249,- ?
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:23:59 PM

But in Gold Plan, what happens after the one year ? Any additional cost, which you didn't mention ?
I see a onetime payment for 1 year ? Tongue
What happens after ? Another 249,- ?

After 1 year you will be able to renew. We will have discounts to the old clients. You can also choose a platinum plan with premium support and 3 years of VPS included!
compcentral

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:29:44 AM

I purchased the silver plan just for fun to see if this is a scam or not and it appears to be a poorly written attempt at something that looks like a trading bot but that does nothing useful.

Over the past 5 days, I've left the bot on the "aggressive" setting and it has not made any trades unless I sell  btc on btc-e then it just buys it back (for a loss usually).  During this time, there have been a number of opportunities for the bot to buy/sell but it just sits dormant.  Also, the current prices shown at the bottom of the screen are far from current and are usually way behind and sometime never update for long periods of time.

I have version 1.0 of the robot so if there is a newer release that fixes these issues please let me know before I request a refund.

BTW, I've restarted the bot a few times and that made no difference.  For those of you looking for a real GUI-based bot, I'd take a look at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:55:24 AM

BTW, I've restarted the bot a few times and that made no difference.  For those of you looking for a real GUI-based bot, I'd take a look at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0

Please kindly avoid the promotions of the other products in my topic.  It's not professional to advertise something by bashing your competitor in his topic... Thank you.

The fact they have 10000+ settings ON GUI does not mean they are better or worse. Our software is made as a simple solution for people who are starting with BTC. Most of them are not geeks.

Our ONLY goal is to make a long term profit by managing your trading portfolio BTC+USD optimal way.

Over the past 5 days, I've left the bot on the "aggressive" setting and it has not made any trades unless I sell  btc on btc-e then it just buys it back (for a loss usually).  During this time, there have been a number of opportunities for the bot to buy/sell but it just sits dormant.  Also, the current prices shown at the bottom of the screen are far from current and are usually way behind and sometime never update for long periods of time.

You can send us the screenshot to support to check if everything is working right.

However BTC price is rising last days and there is no big sense in selling it. The robot will wait for signs of BTC price to drop before selling it. The aggressive settings dont trade often which is totally normal, they are waiting for bigger gains and less trades.

See the long term results:
fuggedit

Activity: 126

Do as I say to do--But don't. (Mind Blown)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 12:53:27 PM

I want this. People who have it, should I get it?

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:47:25 PM

If you're looking to gain BTC I would advise against it, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295972
compcentral

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:09:50 PM

No.  There are far better products out there.  Just look at the profit chart eurobitcoin posted.  Over the past month and a half it has had hardly any gain even when just holding bitcoin would have increased the value.

Also, eurobitcoin failed to address any of the problems with the bot, especially that the current btc-e/gox prices do no update.
compcentral

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:19:39 PM

However BTC price is rising last days and there is no big sense in selling it. The robot will wait for signs of BTC price to drop before selling it. The aggressive settings dont trade often which is totally normal, they are waiting for bigger gains and less trades.

BTC has not been rising the past 6 days.  It has been fairly stable at  about $124, but during that time there were a few swings from about $121 to $125 that the bot should have been buying and selling at if it were "aggressive" or even "moderate".

If the "aggressive" settings don't trade often, which setting or custom selection would force the bot to try to make some money by trading more often.  The whole point of using a bot should be to take advantage of small ups and downs during normal movements.  Any change of a dollar or more should be triggering buys and sells.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:41:07 PM

Medium settings trade more frequently. Aggressive is trading less frequently. Medium settings are targeting for smaller trades but with each trade you are paying small trading commission to btc-e so your profit is smaller but you have more trades.
Aggressive settings are looking for long profitable trades but does not trade often because of that.
compcentral

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:32:04 PM

I'll try it for a few weeks at medium just for fun, but this "robot" looks like it's just a buy-and-hold insurance plan that has no intention of trying to make money on small movements in the market... only on large drops will it ever do anything other than buy as many bitcoins as possible and hold them forever.  Not worth much to anyone if you ask me.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:26:58 AM

Lets give different example to explain the point.

You buy a bar of gold and pay for it $100.

The worth of your portfolio is $100.

Instead of trading with gold you decided to keep it assuming price will always grow. (like you just assumed with BTC when saying you need to grow BTC only)

But instead of growing the price of gold is just going down this year

after few months you are still sitting on your gold bar which is now worth only $60

You lost $40 of the value and not happy anymore keeping it forever.

With the BTC robot this would not happen. Instead of keeping the BTC forever, it would anticipate the price decrease and trade it into USD during such time so you would not lose but WIN.

cyberom

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:55:16 AM

Lets give different example to explain the point.

You buy a bar of gold and pay for it $100.

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/57/fyrw.png

The worth of your portfolio is $100.

Instead of trading with gold you decided to keep it assuming price will always grow. (like you just assumed with BTC when saying you need to grow BTC only)

But instead of growing the price of gold is just going down this year

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8184/y8fv.png

after few months you are still sitting on your gold bar which is now worth only $60

You lost $40 of the value and not happy anymore keeping it forever.

With the BTC robot this would not happen. Instead of keeping the BTC forever, it would anticipate the price decrease and trade it into USD during such time so you would not lose but WIN.

Ok, i understand better the concept of this robot... Smiley

In terms of pure gains my results so far:

balance :466$ from 26 august
balance: 497$ actually

Not really impressive after 4 weeks, about 7%, i expect this instead:

"Depending on your account size and risk level you set it is usually making 20-100% per month."

So, results don't match goals as described in your site, i will wait again few weeks before my 60 days guarantee for decide  Huh
to continue or no.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:34:00 PM

Not really impressive after 4 weeks, about 7%, i expect this instead:

"Depending on your account size and risk level you set it is usually making 20-100% per month."

So, results don't match goals as described in your site, i will wait again few weeks before my 60 days guarantee for decide  Huh
to continue or no.
Only 7% a month? If you make 372 USD in a year, would that cover your license costs? Any way, it beats whatever a bank can give, you so you have that...

What were your expectations, 20% at least?
eurobitcoin

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:06:39 PM

I can not promise your future profits amount but based on the settings we see the following realistic expectations

Conservative: risk/reward = 0.1, profit potential = 2-5%/month
Medium: risk/reward = 0.25, profit potential = 5-10% /month
Aggressive: risk/reward = 0.4, profit potential = 7-20%/month

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: