Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com?  (Read 56109 times)
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:17:02 PM

Regarding this API limitation? Are you saying that btc-e api doesn't give your bot the ability to check current BTC/USD balances in realtime?

I appreciate your concenrn.

We do check balances obviously but there is no way to see if balance was increased by manual operation, robot trading or manual extra deposits. We recommend that you start fresh BTC-e acc and deposit just once before trading.

Strange, this answer confuses me a bit more. Well, maybe not so strange Smiley

How could there be no way of telling if balance was increased by manual operation? You know our USD/BTC balances. The bot obviously knows what trades it has executed, when, and for how much. I'm missing something here.

Lazy programming, same reason you can't make the bot run based off of BTC instead of $.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
harounkola

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 02:17:38 PM

I used BTCRobot and I am an affiliate of theirs. I'm not a customer anymore as I've found that its more profitable for me to leverage trade on BitFinex.com than to make use of the platinum license.

Its not a scam and I can vouch for it (on that aspect) from my experiences. For accepting payments, they use the services of Clickbetter, a Clickbank clone so you're assured of your money back if you make a refund request.

In essence, as I could tell it uses the price difference between the exchanges to decide if it should buy or sell and makes a few small trade when it claims to find opportunities. I bought in a time when the market was a bit flat, not much volatility and hence not much trading activity from the bot.

When it did trade, it was counter-intuitive. Selling when the price dropped and buying when it went high again.
All the while though this, they kept in touch with us customers assuring us that this bot is a long term thing and in the long run it would turn out well but it simply wasn't working the way I wanted an automated trading bot to do so.

As others have mentioned on this thread, there are some open source bots and I'm going to start there, do some research and find a system to trade that we can discuss and collaborate on, make available to the community freely and sponsor upgrades through donations, because it works to grow your BTC (XBT?) wallet Smiley

Anyone interested please PM me!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:35:16 PM

I used BTCRobot and I am an affiliate of theirs. I'm not a customer anymore as I've found that its more profitable for me to leverage trade on BitFinex.com than to make use of the platinum license.

Its not a scam and I can vouch for it (on that aspect) from my experiences. For accepting payments, they use the services of Clickbetter, a Clickbank clone so you're assured of your money back if you make a refund request.

In essence, as I could tell it uses the price difference between the exchanges to decide if it should buy or sell and makes a few small trade when it claims to find opportunities. I bought in a time when the market was a bit flat, not much volatility and hence not much trading activity from the bot.

When it did trade, it was counter-intuitive. Selling when the price dropped and buying when it went high again.
All the while though this, they kept in touch with us customers assuring us that this bot is a long term thing and in the long run it would turn out well but it simply wasn't working the way I wanted an automated trading bot to do so.

As others have mentioned on this thread, there are some open source bots and I'm going to start there, do some research and find a system to trade that we can discuss and collaborate on, make available to the community freely and sponsor upgrades through donations, because it works to grow your BTC (XBT?) wallet Smiley

Yeah, have been taking a look at couple of the open-source based projects as of late too. Thankfully it seems as though BTCRobot has finally decided to stop selling my BTC low and buying it for more and is currently leaving everything in BTC. At this point, definately not seeing any benefit to using but will continue to allow it to run. BTC can't keep going up forever...or can it :p

*I too have noticed that every trade my bot has executed thus far has for the most part been counter-intuitive to me as well...maybe I should just let it run in the background, watch it, and do the exact opposite of what it's doing on some other exchange with same BTC and see what happens? :p

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:37:24 PM

Regarding this API limitation? Are you saying that btc-e api doesn't give your bot the ability to check current BTC/USD balances in realtime?

I appreciate your concenrn.

We do check balances obviously but there is no way to see if balance was increased by manual operation, robot trading or manual extra deposits. We recommend that you start fresh BTC-e acc and deposit just once before trading.

Strange, this answer confuses me a bit more. Well, maybe not so strange Smiley

How could there be no way of telling if balance was increased by manual operation? You know our USD/BTC balances. The bot obviously knows what trades it has executed, when, and for how much. I'm missing something here.

Lazy programming, same reason you can't make the bot run based off of BTC instead of $.

Starting to think this may just be the case unfortunately :/

*And the real crux of it is that I'm basically talking about a section of code that at most should take 35 minutes to write...assuming you watch yourself a whole episode of big bang theory first.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
eurobitcoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:39:31 AM

*And the real crux of it is that I'm basically talking about a section of code that at most should take 35 minutes to write...assuming you watch yourself a whole episode of big bang theory first.

Thank you for your opinion. If it was that easy we could do it long ago. Anyways, if you are using fresh account there should not be any problem.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:38:02 PM

Thank you for your opinion. If it was that easy we could do it long ago. Anyways, if you are using fresh account there should not be any problem.

It is that easy, just like flipping the switch from USD based trading to BTC should be.

Got a good reason they're not in the robot?
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:27:09 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 01:39:57 PM by Sevvero

Hey, thanks for explaining. Have they done any updates recently, improving their system?
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:13:24 AM

Our update was 2 weeks ago where we improved the performance and added bitstamp filters!!
tbly13

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:19:54 PM

I would enjoy having the option to choose whether the robot attempt to grow my BTC or USD balance. As a committed customer now (for the next year), I hope that this option would become available in the future. I think this would be good way for the Robot to stand out from the others; because the more options the better in my opinion. Assuming this would give BtcRobot more customers- its a Win/Win. It will just take a little hard work and testing Smiley
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:18:01 AM

Public acc growth

Flinten

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:54:37 AM

According to you homepage you bot sold 25 btc at 431 tonight. That doesn't seem that smart now.
BTC fan

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

I have been sharing my profits and I want to share it again today..
So fa so good I am happy with the bot
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8389/jjlj.png
Flinten

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:30:15 PM

Yes ~37,5% is a very nice profit for one week

Bitcoin  made ~53%
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:53:21 PM

I have been sharing my profits and I want to share it again today..
So fa so good I am happy with the bot

We're glad you're happy BTC fan, everyone has their goals and needs and you seem satisfied. Nobody is trying to imply anything, but let's look at the following:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=144443;sa=showPosts

A. All your posts are "behind the scenes" or "possibly in cohort with the publisher" and you seem to have no other interests in the world of Bitcoin at the moment, that you only reply for btc-robot and promote him.

B. Your screenshots show you started with 860 USD or 8.8 BTC and one actual USD. That same 8.8 BTC is worth today 4400 USD. Yet you only possess 1652 USD today in your account.

How do we explain he fact that you "lost" 2750 USD by using this product, and you are still endorsing it and declaring satisfaction? We are having some problems sharing your sentiment. Maybe I there is an error in the information I just presented...
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:06:36 PM

How do we explain he fact that you "lost" 2750 USD by using this product, and you are still endorsing it and declaring satisfaction? We are having some problems sharing your sentiment. Maybe I there is an error in the information I just presented...

Hi there. The talks about this hypothetical "loss" is pretty often. Let me explain further.

The point is, you must understand that even if the robot may seem less effective than a simple price increase, as soon as prices stall and fluctuate (as they are certain to do), then you will lose much more than you would with our robot. You might get less profits with our robot than by riding on strong intermediate price rises but atleast you will not blow your accounts or fall into 70% drawdowns with the robot if the prices were to go south. You are only look at one side of this trading story, not thinking about what will happen on the other hand. I hope this is clearer to you now.
Flinten

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:15:42 AM

Seems you have removed the comparison chart to Bitcoin from your site. Anyway this robot is a good business idea.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:02:25 AM

We did not remove anything, seems like temporary bug with price feed, will fix it asap.

Yes, I understand during the very strong trend robot could be less profitable than just simple holding, but during big collapse it will save your account much more effective too rather than diving down with "buy and hold". And prices will not always grow on a strong trend just like now, the correction will come sooner or later.

our public acc is still displayed on site:

tbly13

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:02:20 AM

My robot seems to be doing a good job selling low and buying at a much higher price,

It would have been WAY more profitable if the Robot had done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it did! A little upsetting in these volatile times.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:34:51 AM

It would have been WAY more profitable if the Robot had done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it did! A little upsetting in these volatile times.

… just wait for when it goes down. You will see how it magically protects you from any losses. And don't come claiming buy and hold would work better because we all know the bot© is perfect.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
tbly13

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:16:57 AM

… just wait for when it goes down. You will see how it magically protects you from any losses. And don't come claiming buy and hold would work better because we all know the bot© is perfect.

+1. Perfect for losing BTC, But I am stuck with it now. Even said good things about it, but it is making some pretty dumb trades. Wanted to trust it; but it literally has been doing what that picture has been showing for awhile now. It continues to buy high and sell low.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: