Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:00:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McAffee Effect  (Read 592 times)
Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:09:48 AM

At this point I don't thank there are actually that many treating his word as gospel. It's just that it's now common knowledge that anything he mentions will pump & dump, so most try to follow his words closely to buy anything he mentions ASAP & ride the pump themselves. This in turn makes the pump & dump even bigger. As a poster said above, a self fulfilling prophecy.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:10:00 AM

The whole thing is like a huge public pump and dump group. Most people already know that those 'coin of the week' is just a random shitcoin that he probably had already bought. But still people try to ride that, because well, it's profit. It's stupid and very risky, but it works for fast traders.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:36:17 AM

He get paid doing it, so you stay away from whatever he tweet. He not promoting coin cause that coin have nice project or bright future, money talk here man. If you have 10 btc you can pay him to promote your coin too.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

McAffee is a multimillionaire man who is a founder of a software and more, that is why people trust his "predictions". This scheme is actually helpful for him but I do not think that he knows too well the effect of this scheme of his to the market. People are actually gullible enough to aide his scheme.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

The guy is just making effect on fools and horses  Cheesy  Few days ago he claimed that his twitter account was hacked. Comes with tons of speculations on daily basis and somewhere I am close to think that is payed to promote different ICOs.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:28:05 PM

Imo, I don't think there's a problem with that-- profit is profit. I can buy his coin of the week and still hold the coins I genuinely believed in--- so that is a win-win for me. But in all fairness, not all coin he mentions are totally crap.. :/
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:29:36 PM

Perhaps because many people believe in Mcaffee, when many people buy a token in a short time, the price of this token will rise sharply.

crush

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:33:16 PM

He is funny guy and hold a lot altcoin, try to pump his investment, actually no further effect for specific coin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Apeshifter42

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

I have checked and research who the heck is Mcafee I have found out that he has a lot of followers in twitter. In my opinion a person can easily create an effect because of the no. of followers he has.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:36:31 PM

People themselves have elevated him to the status of a prophet, and he enjoys it. Someone who earns on his predictions, someone loses. He is a rich man, and becomes even richer on fools. His head must be thought, and not blindly follow other people's advice ..
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

He's just using it to make profits for himself.  Everyone wants in and recognition on the cryptospace
HTHP

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:12:06 PM

I think Mcaffee is paid for every review. Nothing is free in this market !!
ahtremblay

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:40:44 PM

I dont believe this guy. Maybe he is just a whale so he use his effect to pump some coin he own. Dont see any interesting in his tweet

rkrams

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:43:47 PM

Dont know the legitimacy of it but the guy was certainly hanging out with verge guys and then suddenly flip flops on it. Verge itself has some issues about how the wraith protocol is implemented.

That said quite a few coins he tweets are decent. Its always up to the individual  to do their own research before investing their own money.
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:32:33 PM

I am cautious about his predictions. But guys, you will agree. All he says is straight as honey pours into the ears of most people. Everyone quickly buys everything he advises. He is a famous and influential person. And smart enough, because he ran a huge company.
EvilPlague

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

He tweets a coin and everyone is a sheep and buys that coin sending the price up. While he has a bag load of coins to unload at a higher price. Got to love him though.
Felics

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:47:19 PM

He needs to be arrested for such pump and dumps. Its not good for the market
Zahed.H

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:48:03 PM

I am cautious about his predictions. But guys, you will agree. All he says is straight as honey pours into the ears of most people. Everyone quickly buys everything he advises. He is a famous and influential person. And smart enough, because he ran a huge company.

and now he's using his position to make some big gains on random coins. not bad at all if you're the team behind the coin though!
BivxiuDavi

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:53:48 PM

The numbers of people who know this guys use his famous to make money is really low, most people think his advice is true and follow it. That's normal in this world and he making bank with those fools.
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:54:04 PM

I think McAffee is playing his own game. He is very influential and know it. He either makes a lot of money trading or is getting paid for promoting coins. Anyway I don't understand people  who believe in him and follow blind whatever he says.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: