Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:47:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: McAffee Effect  (Read 592 times)
Paranuatu (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:39:05 PM

Every thing Mcaffee mentions gets pumped and then usually dumped. Why are people this stupid? He has made himself a prophet in the cryptosphere and is using it for making profits.
He mentions coin of the week and it grows by 20% in minutes.

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:41:42 PM

Every thing Mcaffee mentions gets pumped and then usually dumped. Why are people this stupid? He has made himself a prophet in the cryptosphere and is using it for making profits.

I normally try to avoid quick "buy tips" no matter from where they come. Those normally correspond to people who have taken stakes in some coin and want the rest of the people to do the pump from them. Trust only your own research and reputable sources for news.
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:53:58 PM

People are stupid who thinks McAffee is Mr perfect for the predictions. Truth is McAffee is an idiot who know nothing about crypto. Grin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:57:42 PM

I also noticed this when Mcaffee posted something new that coin will be pump most believes on him. I dont usually believes on like this but to tell the truth the coin also pump or just a hype. So better be safe when you ride the train.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
CheatingCoins

Activity: 122

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:58:49 PM

McAfee is good, but you need to judge when he is sarcastic and playing and when he is for real. That's the key. However he is perfect for pump and dump and for short term scalping.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:59:16 PM

Yes always better be safe than closing your eyes and ride the train. The train can crash hard too. Grin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:01:00 PM

People are stupid who thinks McAffee is Mr perfect for the predictions. Truth is McAffee is an idiot who know nothing about crypto. Grin

Well, not necessarily. Many people think that people are stupid and will buy his picks, and so they try to anticipate them and this way the rise becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
cyber_smiley

Activity: 52
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:02:31 PM

Because prices of most alts are pure speculation and bitcoin it self. They are made to make money and people often buy when they hear news about it. Happens with raiBlocks as we speak it will be added on binance, since they have added voting for it and guess what price is raising and other influencers are pumping it I see it all over youtube and reddit.

As it goes for Mcaffee it's not his fault for pumps and dumps but its simply because people trust him in a way and they don't trust themselfs since many crypto traders are first time traders in their lifetime and when they hear from somebody with good image they will want to get in and buy that coin, which is great for people who buy and sell on the news and who make these dump&pumps schemes (which are illegal, but here its out of the control).
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:09:02 PM

In my opinion, SEC should take care of what he is doing. Making himself extremely rich with those pumps and dumps. Once it will have more regulations, he is the first one to suffer.

Why SEC said about Lloyd Mayweather and all those instragrammer's and can not say anything about twitter manipulation.
thebigtalk

Activity: 350

Bitcoin and co.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:09:23 PM

I dont buy anything that Mcaffee shills. This is just pure madness. But if people buy into his calls they should know what they are doing right? I bet a lot of people burned their hands and bought and all time high.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
rezzx

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:13:38 PM

People always look for easy money instead of doing their own research. Of course he does profits from those pumps and dumps but it's not his fault people are plain stupid.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:18:45 PM

I'd say the same applies to Palm Beach Confidential. Buy a bunch of coins when it's low...make a pronouncement, wait a few hours for the pump, then dump before it dips. Can be OK if your timing is good, but the vast majority of people end up losing money, while PBC and McA make bank.
SexySexyYeah

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:47:48 AM

Like pump and dump effect. I don't why people buying those coins tweeted by Mcaffee.
crypto4liife

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:49:38 AM

Please stay away from him It is giving the coin/token a more negative outcome rather than positive side.
typeplus

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:50:42 AM

If anything he adds comedy to my day. Used to respect the guy 20 years ago but he is a walking joke these days.
wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 10:58:24 AM

He is a influencer which can affect the price of the coin, but sometimes his analysis also wrong so will be better just make analysis dan research by self. Make analysis and research by self make us more expert in cryptocurrency market, so will be easy to gain profit from it by consistent.

ValhallaICO

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:01:48 AM

Please stay away from him It is giving the coin/token a more negative outcome rather than positive side.

I've been closed watching https://www.bobsrepair.com/

They have a 'funds raised' tracker, so it's easy to follow.

When he pumped them, they gained approximately $100k in 1 hour, after that, progress has been very very slow.
Mister k

Activity: 322
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:04:13 AM

There will always be people who will be influenced by that kind of marketing trick. Usually the same who love watching "real life" tv shows and read people "news" and tabloids. Good for them...

Loonie Network   ■■■■■   Loonie Token, An ERC20 Token   ■■■■■   LNI         
Participate in the Crowsale now
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   ANN Thread
boss82_big

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:09:05 AM

This advisor is simply a tool to make money when they launch some kind of news people somehow react to it and it can both raise one or another coin and quickly overturn it, all this is just done for making money.
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:09:10 AM

you can say what you want about him, i'm guessing he did not lose money for promoting the coins and organizing the pump & dump just because of his name

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:09:48 AM

At this point I don't thank there are actually that many treating his word as gospel. It's just that it's now common knowledge that anything he mentions will pump & dump, so most try to follow his words closely to buy anything he mentions ASAP & ride the pump themselves. This in turn makes the pump & dump even bigger. As a poster said above, a self fulfilling prophecy.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:10:00 AM

The whole thing is like a huge public pump and dump group. Most people already know that those 'coin of the week' is just a random shitcoin that he probably had already bought. But still people try to ride that, because well, it's profit. It's stupid and very risky, but it works for fast traders.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:36:17 AM

He get paid doing it, so you stay away from whatever he tweet. He not promoting coin cause that coin have nice project or bright future, money talk here man. If you have 10 btc you can pay him to promote your coin too.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

McAffee is a multimillionaire man who is a founder of a software and more, that is why people trust his "predictions". This scheme is actually helpful for him but I do not think that he knows too well the effect of this scheme of his to the market. People are actually gullible enough to aide his scheme.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

The guy is just making effect on fools and horses  Cheesy  Few days ago he claimed that his twitter account was hacked. Comes with tons of speculations on daily basis and somewhere I am close to think that is payed to promote different ICOs.
Fundalini

Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:28:05 PM

Imo, I don't think there's a problem with that-- profit is profit. I can buy his coin of the week and still hold the coins I genuinely believed in--- so that is a win-win for me. But in all fairness, not all coin he mentions are totally crap.. :/
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:29:36 PM

Perhaps because many people believe in Mcaffee, when many people buy a token in a short time, the price of this token will rise sharply.

crush

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:33:16 PM

He is funny guy and hold a lot altcoin, try to pump his investment, actually no further effect for specific coin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
Apeshifter42

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

I have checked and research who the heck is Mcafee I have found out that he has a lot of followers in twitter. In my opinion a person can easily create an effect because of the no. of followers he has.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:36:31 PM

People themselves have elevated him to the status of a prophet, and he enjoys it. Someone who earns on his predictions, someone loses. He is a rich man, and becomes even richer on fools. His head must be thought, and not blindly follow other people's advice ..
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

He's just using it to make profits for himself.  Everyone wants in and recognition on the cryptospace
HTHP

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:12:06 PM

I think Mcaffee is paid for every review. Nothing is free in this market !!
ahtremblay

Activity: 252

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:40:44 PM

I dont believe this guy. Maybe he is just a whale so he use his effect to pump some coin he own. Dont see any interesting in his tweet

rkrams

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:43:47 PM

Dont know the legitimacy of it but the guy was certainly hanging out with verge guys and then suddenly flip flops on it. Verge itself has some issues about how the wraith protocol is implemented.

That said quite a few coins he tweets are decent. Its always up to the individual  to do their own research before investing their own money.
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:32:33 PM

I am cautious about his predictions. But guys, you will agree. All he says is straight as honey pours into the ears of most people. Everyone quickly buys everything he advises. He is a famous and influential person. And smart enough, because he ran a huge company.
EvilPlague

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

He tweets a coin and everyone is a sheep and buys that coin sending the price up. While he has a bag load of coins to unload at a higher price. Got to love him though.
Felics

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:47:19 PM

He needs to be arrested for such pump and dumps. Its not good for the market
Zahed.H

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:48:03 PM

I am cautious about his predictions. But guys, you will agree. All he says is straight as honey pours into the ears of most people. Everyone quickly buys everything he advises. He is a famous and influential person. And smart enough, because he ran a huge company.

and now he's using his position to make some big gains on random coins. not bad at all if you're the team behind the coin though!
BivxiuDavi

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:53:48 PM

The numbers of people who know this guys use his famous to make money is really low, most people think his advice is true and follow it. That's normal in this world and he making bank with those fools.
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:54:04 PM

I think McAffee is playing his own game. He is very influential and know it. He either makes a lot of money trading or is getting paid for promoting coins. Anyway I don't understand people  who believe in him and follow blind whatever he says.

Sanderion

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

Indeed! He has a huge impact on subscribers, and a huge number of them. Therefore, it affects the market. I don't know what his plan is and why he does it. But I am sure that it is not ethical. He should stop.

choubao0514

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:56:54 PM

I think his twitter was not hacked since he is an expert on security, he just did not want anyone to follow his comments.

jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

and now he's using his position to make some big gains on random coins. not bad at all if you're the team behind the coin though!

Actually, you can take advantage from this situation to earn profit.
Short term trading >> maybe just aim for 10% is quite enough.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:58:06 PM

McAfee is a genius.. he has gained the ability to use his popularity to make a lot of money with crypto....  Grin
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:03:10 PM

John McAfee has indeed made a fortune out of cryptocurrencies investments and trading, such as many other including Dan Blizerian and Internet icons ..
Yet those people are now using the internet fame for the profit of some compagnies and generating more income to spread the word about some coins or just propagating FUD about others .. Lots who really know McAfee know that he's a screw up and is being legally persuaded for a murder case , and that he is actually broke and living in Belize island with his girlfriend , they know that taking that guy's opinions isn't worth it because if had wisdom in him his situation wouldn't be this bad at the moment ..
Don't blindly follow some false icons opinions , DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH GUYS !
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

Honestly, you need to be very careful when following his advice. When he announced Tron as cotw, the price jumped from 200-300 sats within 20 seconds. It is a clear sign to me that bots are following his advice, and buying huge amounts when he tweets. What happened after the instant pump was that the price dwindled to 220 sats, being idle here for days, before the major pump came.

Just a heads up to be careful when following his advice. Short term it can tie your hands to your back, while long term the investment just might be okay.
Roam-man

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:31:04 PM

I think it's not a good starategy to follow his advices. If you had had the coin before it was tweeted, that's okay. You can earn some profit. But trying to buy after, you can lose money.
edisystem

Activity: 588

Free Crypto in Stake.com Telegram t.me/StakeCasino

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:37:01 PM

Not only for pump and dump but also for ICOs too and the result is amazing though, everytime he tweets about an ICO, the project will have many investor soon and many people invested on that project. I actually use the tactic by following what is mcaffee said, if "A" coin will pumped soon, i will buy some and sell it when i get profit, if you late you will lose money.

grimoire5

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:57:45 PM

Not only for pump and dump but also for ICOs too and the result is amazing though, everytime he tweets about an ICO, the project will have many investor soon and many people invested on that project. I actually use the tactic by following what is mcaffee said, if "A" coin will pumped soon, i will buy some and sell it when i get profit, if you late you will lose money.
if i have free money already, i will join that person too but in high consideration
this is profitable in a while so i will join the hype until this person lost his capability of tweet power  Grin
we have so much people in this world but tere are still few people want to access this crypto world
so mcaffee help to spread this world and lure new people to come
DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:58:41 PM

it was a group of hackers that used his account and made a pump and dump group
johstacy

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:04:53 PM

I follow his words about ICO. As soon as he talks about a project, immediately the project collects a hard cap. Sometimes he mentions such projects, of which I have not heard. And I'm going to study these projects. This does not mean that I will invest money. But, it's dawning that the project is clearly not a fraud and not hopeless. I found out about some cool ICO thanks to McAffee.

skelethon

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 05:10:50 PM

it was a group of hackers that used his account and made a pump and dump group

Really? I didn't know about this? Source?
emoji00

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:15:37 PM

He is a influencer which can affect the price of the coin, but sometimes his analysis also wrong so will be better just make analysis dan research by self. Make analysis and research by self make us more expert in cryptocurrency market, so will be easy to gain profit from it by consistent.

At present, I don´t thin he is really doing any analysis, but simply getting some cash to make recommendations and get a bag and pump with other money from time to time. It is shameful.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:58:53 PM

yes he is getting paid for his coin recommendations. you can't take this guy serious. its a shame. he is playing with money of others.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:53:07 PM

Many people who enter this business are aiming to make a profit, and Mcaffee's goal is to earn as much money as he can do. Nobody has any idea about what he plans for later.
bountyjunkie

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:58:27 PM

He is a crypto virus, stay safe from infection  Grin

Stasnislav11

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:58:34 PM

I do not like the policy of the Mcaffee, I also do not understand why people listen to it, it's not some kind of a prophet, on my vzlyad any project can pay him for the publication in a tweeter and he will write that this coin is the best
Kamal0028

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:02:36 PM

Everyone comes here to earn and newbies like me tries for quick money out of excitement.....we will get to know the reality only when we are hit back hard.....luckily i learned a lesson soon because of mcaffe  Wink ...I lost around 50% ,so i will never trust him or pump dump groups again. .....newbies better think of this once and avoid such risks
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:08:10 PM

Friends, everything is much simpler. mcaffee pays and he advertises a coin. For each coin, he gets 20 bitcoins each. So why should not he do it? But I would be very cautious about his posts. This is a kind of mini pump.
ronyfastlife

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:15:41 PM

Friends, everything is much simpler. mcaffee pays and he advertises a coin. For each coin, he gets 20 bitcoins each. So why should not he do it? But I would be very cautious about his posts. This is a kind of mini pump.
I am not Mcafee liker, but curious to know where did you get this news that he get 20 BTC for every promotion?
See bro, a False statement is seriously a big sin. yah he destroying crypto field, but don't give false news. If you have any proper answer then show us.
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:16:29 PM

The guy is great at channeling attention.

I read his tweets like everyone else. What do you think about his BTC operation?
Davidbugs2

Activity: 217

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:25:16 PM

Honestly I think people are idiots who follow him (the head idiot), he doesn't know anything about crypto.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:26:39 PM

yes he is getting paid for his coin recommendations. you can't take this guy serious. its a shame. he is playing with money of others.
I doubt someone pays to promote a coin by McAfee unless you show a proof about it.Actually, I have been researched and analysis what the coins he picked, and most of them are really good in my opinion.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:01:04 PM

yes, some people really like every information provided by MCAffee. But i think to know about PUMP or DUMP you should gather the news first and learn to analyze by yourself.

oscarrsm

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:47:11 PM

I respect this smart man. I can not say that I agree with everything and follow all his advice as a blind man. Of course not. But several times I bought what he advised. And it was not a loss. I think listening to smart people is better than looking for paid predictions from no name persons. But the choice is always yours. Advice is always just advice.
orcuncanli

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:48:23 PM

mcaffee s account became a huge pump group and he noticed that .i think he was just posting what he thinks but its go crazy than he decided to tell good icos and no more coin of the day . i dont think mcaffee just thinking himself . i think he is giving good advices.
Omethod1

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:50:34 PM

Who macfee help?
bitor

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:53:35 PM

I agree with this statement, i even see the qoutes on some sites with ICO and Token sales which has something like "McAffee support this project" and I want to laugh when I something like this. Guys, he is only a man, reach man, but man Cool
coino.org

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:55:06 PM

Guys, I even saw topic, where someone sold McAfee trading bot, based on his tweet about coin of the day. I am sure it might be working. It recognise text and picture and immediately execute order on exchange via API
tdrinker

Activity: 276

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:56:00 PM

And you can bet he profits greatly about this, he's a well known figure and people take what he says with too much trust, in fact while a great advocate and influencer within crypto it doesn't seem as though he's the most knowledgeable, his successes outside of crypto should not mean we trust everything he says within crypto.

Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:00:12 PM

I think you should always be careful on advice from however it's coming. Always do your research and if many people say the same and the story and technology is good than you should consider buying it.
sidoroffalex

Activity: 952
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:04:12 PM

mcaffee effet is a usual pumper like any pump ) and everybode tries to take a part to get profit
Blas

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:08:46 PM

I have zero respect for pump and dump groups. I don't think McAfee gets paid for what is doing, but I think he is trading on his own. Buying some coins cheap, keep them for a while and then he just talk about it. The price is going up and he sells. This is the simplest explanation for me and the most logical as well.  
munareal

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:13:51 PM

The MacAfee effect is not illegal for pump and dump are accepted in the crypto world.The essence is to make profit so if the coins quoted by MacAfee makes those that believe in it  make profit so be it.
LancelotRay

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

I have zero respect for pump and dump groups. I don't think McAfee gets paid for what is doing, but I think he is trading on his own. Buying some coins cheap, keep them for a while and then he just talk about it. The price is going up and he sells. This is the simplest explanation for me and the most logical as well. 

Yeah and can you really blame him? I mean not like it's illegal. He's just "abusing" his situation to maximize his profits. It's a dick move at most really.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:25:09 PM

That is just free money for him. The question for me, was his account really hacked ? Smiley very interesting will he be responsible for any of his actions as disturbing the markets, but currently not that much regulated.
tarangogu

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:28:48 PM

I think everyone is happy with this situation. Everybody wins; McAffee wins and also listens to him. If you can catch the pump and you can sell at the top, you will be so happy  Wink
rejosh

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:29:23 PM

Mcaffee is an asshole he only pump those coins that he get paid for. He is got no interest in technology behind the coins.

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
GrandBcn

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:30:44 PM

He is a very rich man. He is often accused of taking money for advertising. And he does not even know what he is advertising. I think this is not true. He has a lot of money and a stable income. I think he would not play dirty games. He expresses his thoughts and forecasts. And supports only those projects in which he himself believes.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:21:28 PM

The crypto markets are full with retail investors that are very susceptible to media and in this case, to opinions from high profile personalities. A lot of people blamed Charlie Lee from selling all his LTC because he didn't want to be accused to trying to influence the litecoin price in his favor, but I agree with his decision, because it's that easy to influence the price among retail investors.

So I'm not surprised about the so called McAffee Effect. Most people don't even know what bitcoin is, so they definitely have no clue about the majority of altcoins out there. So if a "high profile crypto celebrity" makes a comment about a coin, they will take it for granted in invest blindly. Others will probably follow because they know about this effect, so in either cases, the coin will pump.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ggg123

Activity: 375

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:27:44 PM

That’s the reason why i lost all my respect to that man. He causes too many speculations and i just think that we don’t need this kinda movement here.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:20:50 PM

With the same success you can listen to the predictions of any person. Once his prediction will coincide, but sometime not.
If he guesses we'll think he's a great predictor.
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:28:29 PM

Don't listen to McAfee he is setting everyone up for pump and dump schemes. Every coin they recommend is some unknown shitty coin with no good team or project. . Everything he touches goes up and then down the drain, Mcafee could just be profiting himself and will promote anything if you pay him.

kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:33:17 PM

I hate Mcaffee compliment from any coins in the coinmarketcap. He manipulate the price chart of every coin he had mentioned. it should be a project release and good healthy chart that will follow by traders instead of listening to him.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:34:01 PM

The crypto markets are full with retail investors that are very susceptible to media and in this case, to opinions from high profile personalities. A lot of people blamed Charlie Lee from selling all his LTC because he didn't want to be accused to trying to influence the litecoin price in his favor, but I agree with his decision, because it's that easy to influence the price among retail investors.

So I'm not surprised about the so called McAffee Effect. Most people don't even know what bitcoin is, so they definitely have no clue about the majority of altcoins out there. So if a "high profile crypto celebrity" makes a comment about a coin, they will take it for granted in invest blindly. Others will probably follow because they know about this effect, so in either cases, the coin will pump.

Many people depends on speculation on high profile people they easily think that if they follow it, money will come to them. Well it happen sometime but its too risky for a newbie to do this. Mcaffee affects so much on every coin he said and I do hope that his intention is right and not just to make money.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:44:22 PM

Don't listen to McAfee he is setting everyone up for pump and dump schemes. Every coin they recommend is some unknown shitty coin with no good team or project. . Everything he touches goes up and then down the drain, Mcafee could just be profiting himself and will promote anything if you pay him.

Yes I also hate what Mcafee tweet this is a kind of pump and dump situation If you stock in high price then sorry you can loss your capital in short period of time.
Mcafee is one of the impluential person analysis in crypto world every altcoin there tweet got pump in only a short period but for me I will stay away from what he said just my own opinion.
v3liana

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:03:00 AM

his account even used by hacker to pumpin up some coin. i dont think following mcafee would bring sonething good. its like a trap cause its easy pumped and dump for a short time.

axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:09:03 AM

I doubt that someone pays for the promotion of the McAfee coin, unless you prove it. In fact, I studied and analyzed which coins he chose, and most of them are really good, in my opinion.
madteaparticipant

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:05:49 AM

McAfee doesn't need to be paid for his tweets, he makes his money on the pump.
DISCMAN

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:16:22 AM

I hate Mcaffee compliment from any coins in the coinmarketcap. He manipulate the price chart of every coin he had mentioned. it should be a project release and good healthy chart that will follow by traders instead of listening to him.

Base on the opinion I have read a while ago about this Mcaffe, I think the best way we can help is not to really judge the person behind it because we dont know the exact reason why it happened. And I think there's nothing wrong about listening.
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:39:05 AM

Mcaffee is an asshole he only pump those coins that he get paid for. He is got no interest in technology behind the coins.

This really sadden me because nowadays the pump and dump are just manipulated and the essence of trading had lost and it's not healthy anymore. I don't know what's with these people, maybe they're too famous and influential that's why many believes and even worship them and we're too late to stop all of these non sense.

emoji00

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:49:12 PM

you can say what you want about him, i'm guessing he did not lose money for promoting the coins and organizing the pump & dump just because of his name

You can earn a loose money, but if you have a reputation you can only burn it once. I think McAfee can do whatever he wants with his name but I also think that he is playing it short term. Perhaps planning to retire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: