Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:43:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McAffee Effect  (Read 592 times)
ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:27:44 PM

That’s the reason why i lost all my respect to that man. He causes too many speculations and i just think that we don’t need this kinda movement here.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:20:50 PM

With the same success you can listen to the predictions of any person. Once his prediction will coincide, but sometime not.
If he guesses we'll think he's a great predictor.
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:28:29 PM

Don't listen to McAfee he is setting everyone up for pump and dump schemes. Every coin they recommend is some unknown shitty coin with no good team or project. . Everything he touches goes up and then down the drain, Mcafee could just be profiting himself and will promote anything if you pay him.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 840
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:33:17 PM

I hate Mcaffee compliment from any coins in the coinmarketcap. He manipulate the price chart of every coin he had mentioned. it should be a project release and good healthy chart that will follow by traders instead of listening to him.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:34:01 PM

The crypto markets are full with retail investors that are very susceptible to media and in this case, to opinions from high profile personalities. A lot of people blamed Charlie Lee from selling all his LTC because he didn't want to be accused to trying to influence the litecoin price in his favor, but I agree with his decision, because it's that easy to influence the price among retail investors.

So I'm not surprised about the so called McAffee Effect. Most people don't even know what bitcoin is, so they definitely have no clue about the majority of altcoins out there. So if a "high profile crypto celebrity" makes a comment about a coin, they will take it for granted in invest blindly. Others will probably follow because they know about this effect, so in either cases, the coin will pump.

Many people depends on speculation on high profile people they easily think that if they follow it, money will come to them. Well it happen sometime but its too risky for a newbie to do this. Mcaffee affects so much on every coin he said and I do hope that his intention is right and not just to make money.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:44:22 PM

Don't listen to McAfee he is setting everyone up for pump and dump schemes. Every coin they recommend is some unknown shitty coin with no good team or project. . Everything he touches goes up and then down the drain, Mcafee could just be profiting himself and will promote anything if you pay him.

Yes I also hate what Mcafee tweet this is a kind of pump and dump situation If you stock in high price then sorry you can loss your capital in short period of time.
Mcafee is one of the impluential person analysis in crypto world every altcoin there tweet got pump in only a short period but for me I will stay away from what he said just my own opinion.
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:03:00 AM

Every thing Mcaffee mentions gets pumped and then usually dumped. Why are people this stupid? He has made himself a prophet in the cryptosphere and is using it for making profits.
He mentions coin of the week and it grows by 20% in minutes.
his account even used by hacker to pumpin up some coin. i dont think following mcafee would bring sonething good. its like a trap cause its easy pumped and dump for a short time.

axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:09:03 AM

I doubt that someone pays for the promotion of the McAfee coin, unless you prove it. In fact, I studied and analyzed which coins he chose, and most of them are really good, in my opinion.
madteaparticipant

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:05:49 AM

McAfee doesn't need to be paid for his tweets, he makes his money on the pump.
DISCMAN

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:16:22 AM

I hate Mcaffee compliment from any coins in the coinmarketcap. He manipulate the price chart of every coin he had mentioned. it should be a project release and good healthy chart that will follow by traders instead of listening to him.

Base on the opinion I have read a while ago about this Mcaffe, I think the best way we can help is not to really judge the person behind it because we dont know the exact reason why it happened. And I think there's nothing wrong about listening.
Natsuu

Activity: 1134
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:39:05 AM

Mcaffee is an asshole he only pump those coins that he get paid for. He is got no interest in technology behind the coins.

This really sadden me because nowadays the pump and dump are just manipulated and the essence of trading had lost and it's not healthy anymore. I don't know what's with these people, maybe they're too famous and influential that's why many believes and even worship them and we're too late to stop all of these non sense.

emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:49:12 PM

you can say what you want about him, i'm guessing he did not lose money for promoting the coins and organizing the pump & dump just because of his name

You can earn a loose money, but if you have a reputation you can only burn it once. I think McAfee can do whatever he wants with his name but I also think that he is playing it short term. Perhaps planning to retire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: