Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will buy anything you own in exchange for Crypto  (Read 4273 times)
HSRP

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

Quite an interesting flea market for Btc. I think almost every user in the community will find unnecessary things that he would like to give or sell.
Do you buy everything?  Smiley
If all the community sells together. Things they do not use anymore and can be converted to other material. Or maybe property from electronic means. It could be old cars or old machines, etc. It is worth converting if the community we like.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seOG (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:38:25 PM

I submitted some stuff to sell yesterday but I haven't heard anything back yet. It was for a large collection of Legos and a few other toys.

Do you still sell Legos?

Would love to use your marketplace to buy and sell but funds are tight right now especially with the crypto prices right now.

We are still buying things but are super focussed on launching our marketplace that should be ready in the next few weeks.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:51:01 PM

I have to say for a relatively new account with little to no personal information about your self you sure want a lot of information from users like their real names and physical address. Im not sure why you would need either of these. If its for shipping you can calculate shipping pasted purely on a zip code.
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:30:59 PM

I have to say for a relatively new account with little to no personal information about your self you sure want a lot of information from users like their real names and physical address. Im not sure why you would need either of these. If its for shipping you can calculate shipping pasted purely on a zip code.

Yes, I am having the similar concerns here.
It's kind of KYC policy.
But with a new user and a new website/company, I am not sure if anyone wants to provide all those sensitive personal information.
Btw, is this service only available in the US?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:55:28 PM

It's kind of KYC policy.
But with a new user and a new website/company, I am not sure if anyone wants to provide all those sensitive personal information.

First off I dont think an address is required for KYC policy. Think of ebay, I dont even think they ask for an address to sell something.

While I can understand asking for an address for return shipping after a deal is made, requiring anybody to send you their address before you even commit to buying anything is very iffy to me. You basically then have a list of address where crypto users live and possibly have crypto funds held. Its just asking for trouble.
seOG (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:08:25 PM

It's kind of KYC policy.

First off I dont think an address is required for KYC policy. Think of ebay, I dont even think they ask for an address to sell something.

While I can understand asking for an address for return shipping after a deal is made, requiring anybody to send you their address before you even commit to buying anything is very iffy to me. You basically then have a list of address where crypto users live and possibly have crypto funds held. Its just asking for trouble.

We don't keep them on file or even care about your address to be entirely honest. It's just for the following.

thanks for expressing your concerns. You can skip that part of the form, so I am not sure why everyone is complaining about it. We ask for the address to verify that person. They try to scam us or scam people on our marketplace we will ban them from using our service, and another reason why is to verify who sent the item. If you end up sending us something that person will have a return address on the package anyways.

If you are not comfortable giving out your address you do not have to. Unfortunately, a return address is required for shipping anyways.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:44:21 PM

It's kind of KYC policy.

We don't keep them on file or even care about your address to be entirely honest. It's just for the following.

thanks for expressing your concerns. You can skip that part of the form, so I am not sure why everyone is complaining about it. We ask for the address to verify that person. They try to scam us or scam people on our marketplace we will ban them from using our service, and another reason why is to verify who sent the item. If you end up sending us something that person will have a return address on the package anyways.

If you are not comfortable giving out your address you do not have to. Unfortunately, a return address is required for shipping anyways.

Your reply doesnt make much sense honestly. You say the address is to verify a person but dont clarify what verify actually means. You cant verify someone by simply asking for an address. Anyone can put down anyone elses address so there is no real verification being done unless your shipping post cards with codes that users have to provide to prove they live there.

As for return addresses on packages, they are required but there is no reason to use a real address. You can use a PO Box or a mail forward service for instance.
seOG (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:44:51 PM

It's kind of KYC policy.

Your reply doesnt make much sense honestly. You say the address is to verify a person but dont clarify what verify actually means. You cant verify someone by simply asking for an address. Anyone can put down anyone elses address so there is no real verification being done unless your shipping post cards with codes that users have to provide to prove they live there.

As for return addresses on packages, they are required but there is no reason to use a real address. You can use a PO Box or a mail forward service for instance.

I knew your name was familiar. Hey buddy, Its not an important feature on the site, as I said. You can skip it. https://market.forra.io/ is the real focus.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:56:15 AM

This deal would be hard for OP. People can take picture of the item and tell it's made of these or that but when it came to him, it's very different to what the seller had said. It's better if OP will do the transaction physically and not online.
seOG (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:25:47 PM

This deal would be hard for OP. People can take picture of the item and tell it's made of these or that but when it came to him, it's very different to what the seller had said. It's better if OP will do the transaction physically and not online.

We built a marketplace to avoid this. https://market.forra.io
BHWallet

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:07:14 AM

I am glad to see your project failed, people can learn from your example that attitude like yours always brings only failure.
 Wink
seOG (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:06:29 PM

I am glad to see your project failed, people can learn from your example that attitude like yours always brings only failure.
 Wink

lol. what? How did we fail? What are you talking about? We pivoted to a much better service as a whole. https://market.forra.io
Xavier59

Activity: 729
Merit: 545

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:53:52 PM

Don't take into consideration the previous message, probably some sig campaign farmer or something.

You should def not ask for personal informations, they are right, so just delete them from you form and everyone will be happy. Crypto people tend to be a little bit paranoiac  Cheesy
Anyway, nice project, I like it, I hope you will succeed Smiley
seOG (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 05:31:25 PM by seOG

Don't take into consideration the previous message, probably some sig campaign farmer or something.

You should def not ask for personal informations, they are right, so just delete them from you form and everyone will be happy. Crypto people tend to be a little bit paranoiac  Cheesy
Anyway, nice project, I like it, I hope you will succeed Smiley

Thanks a lot! did you check out the marketplace we made?
Elizabethkjenkins

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:47:34 AM

Cool website and excellent idea! I'll try to find what i can sell haha
seOG (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:35:34 PM

Cool website and excellent idea! I'll try to find what i can sell haha