Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Little Single SC *was* greatly underperforming [RESOLVED]  (Read 2139 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:18:53 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2013, 05:06:09 PM by jaywaka2713

I just received my Little Single SC today and after a few hours of testing I have noticed something peculiar. It started running at 25 GH/s fairly quickly and then all of the sudden dropped to 20 Gh/s, then dipped to 15 Gh/s, then rose to 21 Gh/s and has been there since. My order was paid July 31, 2012. I was entitled to a 30 Gh/s device. So based off the fact that I am not getting 30% of my hashrate, I am not happy. I will run it all night and will update this with what the speed is. I was just wondering is someone knows why it is underperforming. I am running it using BFGMiner on the 50BTC pool. It is also running fairly cool too.

Read post where I resolve this issue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268721.msg2878313#msg2878313

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:51:37 AM

I just received my Little Single SC today and after a few hours of testing I have noticed something peculiar. It started running at 25 GH/s fairly quickly and then all of the sudden dropped to 20 Gh/s, then dipped to 15 Gh/s, then rose to 21 Gh/s and has been there since. My order was paid July 31, 2012. I was entitled to a 30 Gh/s device. So based off the fact that I am not getting 30% of my hashrate, I am not happy. I will run it all night and will update this with what the speed is. I was just wondering is someone knows why it is underperforming. I am running it using BFGMiner on the 50BTC pool. It is also running fairly cool too.

Try a different pool.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:55:16 AM

Are you using a good PSU?? Low power will allow the unit to underperform.As will poor cooling,whats the temp??

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
cryptograd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:42:31 AM

Its underperforming because BFL ships crap

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:52:14 AM

+ 1

I think u got some dud core chips Sad

OBJECT NOT FOUND
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:56:57 AM

Are you using a good PSU?? Low power will allow the unit to underperform.As will poor cooling,whats the temp??

I'm using the power brick they shipped. Uses an ATX connector. I might go out and buy a 600W PSU.

+ 1

I agree. BFL is crap. I'll go KnCMiner for my next purchase.

eaa

Try a different pool.

Any suggestions?

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 06:03:19 AM

Send it in for warranty service? Lol.

I dunno maybe email them showing it underperforming and ask them to send you two jalapenos to make up for it.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:07:03 AM

Any suggestions?

- Have you tried another pool ? Try https://bitminter.com/
 - Does this consistently happen ? It's cool at the start - Mines fine - starts to degrade after time as it heats up ? Did you try to confirm this pattern after letting it cool down for 5 minutes or so ?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:07:24 AM

+ 1

I agree. BFL is crap.
Mmm yes. One dud unit out of hundreds. How dare they even call themselves a business...  Roll Eyes

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:18:06 AM

Send it in for warranty service? Lol.

I dunno maybe email them showing it underperforming and ask them to send you two jalapenos to make up for it.

So far I am assuming it just needs a burn in so tomorrow morning (hopefully) it should be better. If not they will be getting an email.

Any suggestions?

- Have you tried another pool ? Try https://bitminter.com/
 - Does this consistently happen ? It's cool at the start - Mines fine - starts to degrade after time as it heats up ? Did you try to confirm this pattern after letting it cool down for 5 minutes or so ?

I just tried to switch to btcguild. hashrate has slowly increased to 23.7 Gh/s. might continue to increase.

I did try to reboot the system by turning off the miner software and unplugging everything from the device, wait a few minutes then plug it back in. After turning the software back on it went from 10 Gh/s to 17 Gh/s to 14 Gh/s to 17 Gh/s to 13 Gh/s then stayed low. I rebooted again and it followed the same pattern and stuck at 17. I got worried so I set up the btcguild details with BFGMiner and the hashrate climbed to 23.7 Gh/s. Just checked again and its at 24.6 Gh/s. Hopefully by tomorrow its past 27 again.

+ 1

I agree. BFL is crap.
Mmm yes. One dud unit out of hundreds. How dare they even call themselves a business...  Roll Eyes

Actually if you pull up the BFL forums there are a lot of people saying their Jalapenos and Little Singles are underperforming.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:16:59 AM

As a owner of a BFL Single, i recommend u to do use EasyMiner and mine at BTCGuild.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:09:35 AM

What are the temps?? My LS runs @ 71C & 31GH.I use a 1000 watt Kingwin PSU for my gamer rig & just plugged it in & no issues,along with 4 BE's  Wink My whole rig uses 324 watts too  Cool

I mine @ Eclipse,only cause it was easy to setup.Other pools were dropping or just a PITA to get working in BFGminer.I'll be switching soon,been trying others but same ole errors & whatnot  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:04:59 PM

As a owner of a BFL Single, i recommend u to do use EasyMiner and mine at BTCGuild.

Did you get your 60 Gh/s there? How reliable is EasyMiner software? I might consider using it as fallback.

What are the temps?? My LS runs @ 71C & 31GH.I use a 1000 watt Kingwin PSU for my gamer rig & just plugged it in & no issues,along with 4 BE's  Wink My whole rig uses 324 watts too  Cool

I mine @ Eclipse,only cause it was easy to setup.Other pools were dropping or just a PITA to get working in BFGminer.I'll be switching soon,been trying others but same ole errors & whatnot  Roll Eyes

Well after some tinkering with a friend, I was actually able to get the rig to jump back to 31 Gh/s. On 50BTC, I was only pulling 21 Gh/s through BFGMiner. I then rebooted BFGMiner and moved to BTCGuild, where I was able to get 26.5 Gh/s. I then followed the same process, but tried using BitMinter instead, and am getting a good 31 Gh/s (+/- 0.4 Gh/s fluctuation). I guess this was just purely a pool issue. Maybe latency, ping, or something else had bottlenecked the speed. I have thought about switching to Eclipse. I might use it as a fallback. My rig is nicely running at 31 Gh/s at 56C. I actually have it under my bed where it is cooler and out of site. I can deal with the fan noise, as I run a fan in the room that is louder from time to time.

If anyone has a Little Single, I recommend running it under BFGMiner at the BitMinter pool.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:51:53 AM

So what fixed it, switching pools or switching mining software? I would be very curious to see what would happen if you switched the USB drivers to WinUSB using the zadig utility, and tried CGMiner (instead of BFG) on your original pool. It would only take about 30 seconds to make the change, and I bet that would fix it.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: