Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here expecting the US dollar to increase it`s value this year?  (Read 79 times)
davis196 (OP)

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:22:00 AM

I have some savings in US dollars and want to convert them in my national currency,but i`m waiting for the US dollar to become more expensive.Will this happend this year?What will be the factors behind such price increase?If the USD increase it`s value ,how it will influence bitcoin and altcoins prices?
I have my own theory about this,but i want to hear other people`s opinions.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:42:55 AM

I have some savings in US dollars and want to convert them in my national currency,but i`m waiting for the US dollar to become more expensive.Will this happend this year?What will be the factors behind such price increase?If the USD increase it`s value ,how it will influence bitcoin and altcoins prices?

I think USD will not effect to bitcoin and altcoins prices. I know bitcoin and altcoins sometimes more profitable more than USD or gold.
Because more stable than bitcoins and altcoins. But that two things for me still profitable investment.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:46:25 AM

In simple meaning, if the dollar does go up it will lead to being able to buy more amount of some cryptocurrencies at a lesser price. It won't directly affect bitcoins price as they are separate entities they are not interdependent on each other for pure trading.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:02:37 AM

I think the rate of dollar in the realtion to your national currecny will depend on the economics of your country and some other national politics-specific factors. And this rate is easier to predict than the trends of cryptocurrency prices which (I agree with the previous post) doesn't directly depend on dollar rate. To me, dollar is just a means to reflect the value of a cryptocurrency.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:57:32 PM

Basics: The value of the dollar is tied to the state of the economy of the USA. If the US economy strengthens, jobs are created, economic policies refined, debt reduced and other positive circumstances arise, the US dollar is likely to rise in value. The same applies to the opposite. If the US economy weakens, and debt increases, the value of the dollar should decline.

Then there's another aspect to the equation which factors in supply and demand. Many nations engage in a form of currency manipulation whereby they purchase the currency of other nations to weaken their own currency in relation to it. An example of this is china buying the US dollar(increasing demand, increases price) to weaken their own currency the yuan in comparison to the dollar. This has a net effect of boosting exports.

If you're interested in making your own projections, the above might be a decent place to start.  Smiley

I think a majority of professional analysts are predicting the US dollar to decline in 2018. I can't remember if they also predicted the stock market to fail after Donald Trump took office. Analysts did badly mess up the last amazon stock estimate. I haven't been keeping track but its possible analyst estimates aren't as reliable as they used to be, and so it might be good to take whatever they say with a bit of salt.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:49:08 AM

I'll probably not bet against the US dollar right now, the US economy hasn't recovered much but you mustn't forget the demand for the dollar is huge, if the world economy begins to show difficulties once again, many investors will move their money to US bonds and similar instruments strengthening the dollar in the process, so if I were you I'll invest the dollars or keep it but not sell it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:23:28 AM

I have some savings in US dollars and want to convert them in my national currency,but i`m waiting for the US dollar to become more expensive.Will this happend this year?

Depending on what country you are at, from where i live USD is still large than our national money, not sure if the USD will stand up from its losses this past few weeks.

What will be the factors behind such price increase?

If the economy of America become strong again then its national currency the USD will gain its value again.

If the USD increase it`s value ,how it will influence bitcoin and altcoins prices?

I dont think that there is a significant effect if ever the dollar would increase its value over bitcoin or altcoins, not to the point that it will make the crypto currency crumble.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:39:39 AM

So far, USD is quite stable all over. Most of the time, the ones that are really fluctuating are other foreign currencies. Also, I think bitcoin prices will extremely be affected by the USD if it does go up or down in value since almost all exchange sites are actually basing their prices of bitcoins in USD. Actually, exchanges sites even have USD pairs for altcoins. I think everything will indeed be affected if the USD's value changes, and I mean everything even the prices of other countries.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:22:21 AM

Yes! Many of us are expecting that the price of dollar will increase though we are using bitcoin now. We cannot deny that we are using fiat currency even there is digital currency now.
As of now, the price of usd is stable and I think that bitcoin price doesn't affect the value of usd.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:34:11 AM

Fiat currency in general is very stable, that's why there's not much people keeping their money in banks for the purpose of waiting for it to increase through interest and deflation.
I don't think it would have much of an effect(or maybe not at all) on cryptocurrencies even when there's a significant increase in the value of dollar. It may increase the demand but not much.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:57:10 AM

It more depends on if there is a war with North Korea and the United States, or basically any war that involves the United States to be honest. If there is one, the value of the USD will likely dip as there will be money printed to make the government be able to sustain such a war, or at least there will be more debt taken on so that they can keep their expeditionary forces in operation.

If the value of the USD goes up the value of Bitcoin goes down, at least in a BTC -> USD manner, so be sure of that. In essence, you have hedged against both situations but there might be more losses than gains depending on what happens to the markets.
Asoe kaya

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:42:56 PM

we will not know when exactly the dollar will rise but I think if in 2018 the dollar price will not rise dramatically, this is because the world politics is again unstable different from bitcoin, bitcoin price will not affect the world politics .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: