Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I would rather have paper money then Bitcoin  (Read 1279 times)
Urbinklin

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:07:26 PM
Merited by fattyforhire (5)

Unfortunately, I can not come with bitcoin to the store and buy bread, or pay bitcoin in transport. For this time has not yet come, bitcoin need to settle, to regulate the size of the commission so that daily purchases are profitable.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

As of right now, I'd rather be using fiat money for everything I need. Bitcoin is still relatively new, yes a lot of people have heard of it, but how many of them are holding it or know anything about it?
Fees are the problem as of right now but surely there might be developed some separated blockchain for market and faster transactions and smaller fees, that would later on, outside of working hours, be implemented into the original blockchain.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

I prefer to use paper money because its use is very easy and flexible. almost all transactions can be used with paper money but if to invest better with bitcoin because bitcoin has a fluctuating price so if used to invest will get better results than banknotes
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

As with a lot of these threads, it doesn't have to be an either or situation, although what else would we talk about?

I've converted plenty of fiat to bitcoin and bitcoin to fiat and bitcoin to gold, etc. etc.    They are all friends as far as I'm concerned and I care very deeply for all three.  

Smiley

sent from my X6
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

I can not use Bitcoin as the usual money here in my country. Shops and restaurants do not accept crypto currency and I have to exchange it for ordinary paper  money. Thats why Bitcoin and fiat have different purpose for me. Bitcoin is an investment and a source of income.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:36:04 PM

Fiat is our easiest form of currency it has been in place for a long time and there is nothing difficult about using it. Bitcoin on the other hand does have a learning curve for new people to understand with keys and understanding of it price volatilities. Transaction fees are an issue that can be resolved.
That is actually the reason why there are still more people that is still prefer to used fiat or paper money on their transaction. We could not break the system of fiat because it is much more easy to used in terms of transaction on daily basis where there is a tangible representation on each value you have or the money system. Yet, Bitcoin could be more efficient to used on the future because more people will surely prefer to used an easier and faster way for transaction on other people regardless the distance, location or the reason of transaction.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:36:13 PM

Bitcoin is like a new girlfriend.  I have to give her attention every single day.    Fiat is like my wife, who needs some attention, but not so much.   Gold is like (well, this is just an example, because I actually bought a house near where my mother lives so I can visit her often) a mother who you can basically just call once a year to say Merry Christmas, because you know that the value isn't changing much and will be pretty much the same.

sent from my X6
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:54:11 PM

I love crypto but there a still a ton of problems wit husing it in real life.  The transaction fees first of all can be very high on certain coins.  Then look at how many retailers even accept cryptos? It's not very many even online.  Then you have to worry about the major volatility. With all that I still love the new tech of crypto but it has a long way to go to be improved upon.
gua86402

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:57:59 PM

There are more credit CARDS in America! It has to do with your lifestyle!

When you tip someone, you can't transfer money using BTC! This is very troublesome for the waiter! It's very convenient for you to use paper money, and other people too.
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:05:50 PM

While we still can not use bitcoin to the fullest, as it is a small house where it can be accepted. Therefore, in the next few years we are forced to use paper money.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
matthewogus01

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:11:36 PM

As of the moment, paper money is more liquid compared to bitcoin. Banks nowadays have a difficult time distinguishing what bitcoin is and do not see it as a currency. On the other hand, having paper money is being accepted all through out the world. Bitcoin is still on the verge being regulated by some countries. For example, there is this news wherein an airport is converting to be cryptocurrency friendly where they would be accepting Bitcoin and other alts as payment for coffee, tickets etc. Apparently, people go into bitcoin thinking that they would make profits due to the volatility of its value. Having paper money would have a more stable price. Having a physical currency is accepted and more realistic for other individuals compared to bitcoin being a speculation for some people.
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:26:55 PM

It's very simple, bitcoin is now simply impossible to spend on ordinary things - going to a cafe or shop, paying a taxi or utilities. We will be able to use as usual currency not earlier than in 5-7 years. At least this applies to my country.

tententen

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:28:50 PM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

BTC is pretty liquid.  What if you could have 10% more BTC than paper money?
drukoz2

Activity: 395

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:24:17 PM

Bitcoin is not yet sufficiently developed to use it as a currency. If I suddenly decide to live with only bitcoins as payment means, I will be hungry, because I can not buy anything. In my country this is practically not developed, and in my city many did not even hear about bitcoin.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:45:08 PM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Well, we have different reasons why need fiat money rather than bitcoin or vice versa. Some people who dont have enough knowledge about bitcoin or those who really need a decent amount of money prefer having fiat money. But those people who wants to invest money for their future life prefer having bitcoin because its their way on how to gain a huge amount of profit to be use for their future life.
maltize

Activity: 111

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:55:20 PM

I do not want to spend crypto currency, which is growing very well in price and increasing my capital. I will spend it only in case of emergency. And there is nowhere to spend the crypto currency.

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

I live in a very small town, you can say - the village, and I simply do not have the opportunity here to use bitcoin. I use it for international transfers or for payment of some services, but in real life I have to use paper money, I want it or not.

ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:08:54 PM

I do not want to spend crypto currency, which is growing very well in price and increasing my capital. I will spend it only in case of emergency. And there is nowhere to spend the crypto currency.

In terms of our country, bitcoin is not that popular and commonly used the reason a lot of stores or merchants do not really accepts bitcoin so there is nowhere to spend some of my saved bitcoins which I think can give me a positive effect because I can save them instead of spending them. Still, in times like this, I can say that I will pick paper money than bitcoin if we are talking the acceptance in our place.
Ravion

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 05:23:23 PM by Ravion

Bitcoin has seen a lot of action during the past few months. There has been huge volatility in the price, and there are many people that are investing in it without knowing what it really is. I think in the begging, it was people who were idealistic and investing in it long term. But then it became about people who are just putting money on it simply for the fact the price has been rising.
I think what really makes paper money safer than Bitcoin is the fact that governments can ban it (to a great extent). (The price was going to continue rising, but I think that announcements from governments about possible regulations are the reason why prices aren't rising like that anymore.)
That's probably the reason why fiat money would be preferred by many over Bitcoin.

Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:10:14 PM

Bitcoin has seen a lot of action during the past few months. There has been huge volatility in the price, and there are many people that are investing in it without knowing what it really is. I think in the begging, it was people who were idealistic and investing in it long term. But then it became about people who are just putting money on it simply for the fact the price has been rising.

I think what really makes paper money safer than Bitcoin is the fact that governments can ban it (to a great extent). (The price was going to continue rising, but I think that announcements from governments about possible regulations are the reason why prices aren't rising like that anymore.)
That's probably the reason why fiat money would be preferred by many over Bitcoin.

bitcoin is online system of money i will captured by the bitcoin other level of money i would rather paper money bitcoin of private key level of business.the paper money paid amount of physical document of wallet system.the paper key bitcoin of written used to multiple wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: