Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:53:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I would rather have paper money then Bitcoin  (Read 1279 times)
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:15:50 PM

I guess Lightning Network could bring a good solution soon, Lightning Fast Transaction Speed and Minimal Fees. Also, World Domination of Bitcoin is still a couple of decades away, but it will happen, everybody will be using Bitcoin/crypto then Smiley
elie_s

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:14:06 AM

For many reason and the most important one is all countries recognize paper money not like bitcoin
This is the currencybof the future it just needs time to adjust

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
Klestar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

Yes we do have different preferences and different reason to have such a particular currency. I think the reason why you prefer paper money is that you want a fix value to keep for yourself and you do not give a damn on moving price assets like bitcoin. I think it is the time for you to study the blockchain technology to change your way of thinking towards this topic.
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:06:10 AM

As the matter of fact also felt that way I prefer fiat at our current state but that is the trick because in our current state fiat money is still a necessity we are not yet a cashless society we are just on the way there but I know that someday people like us will have a change of heart towards fiat and we will switch into digital currency because in the near future digital currencies will overthrow fiat thus creating at opening for cashless society. It is true that you will be paying a tax just to use the money in your online wallet(e.g. MEW) but you will earn more here in bitcoin than in real life.
melch100

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

Yes we do have different preferences and different reason to have such a particular currency. I think the reason why you prefer paper money is that you want a fix value to keep for yourself and you do not give a damn on moving price assets like bitcoin. I think it is the time for you to study the blockchain technology to change your way of thinking towards this topic.

You are right, some of us preferred paper money because of the fix amount of it. But in bitcoin there is a potential to have a high profit compared to fixed amount of paper money, it just need to study more about bitcoin.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:03:02 PM

Bitcoin is not accepted everywhere so I am not surprised that you don't won't to use it instead of USD. However, it is a matter of time before Bitcoin will be widely accepted. Transactions fees have gone down a little but we are still far from replacing credit card and fiat with Bitcoin. I will switch to cryptocurrencies right after they become acceptable in the vast majority of shops. I have already put all my life savings into cryptocurrencies because I believe that they can't be stopped.

hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:12:00 PM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Not only you but everyone who are using bitcoin are in this field are facing and thinking like you but they are not ready to leave bitcoin at any condition because here we should make ourself to avoid from any type of the non reasonable transaction .
Now it is a time for us to do work perfectly to avoid himself from the fee system that is high .
Make less no. Of Transaction as much as possible secondly use bech segwit address instead to use direct btc wallet adress started from 3 .
And also here we should have positive thinking that is segwit 2x will result into fee to more than half and that will result into low of fee in bigger .
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:39:26 PM

Why do you choose between virtual and fiat money? Both should be used for the better and faster profit.  I will never refuse from my paper dollars and Euros, but it does not mean that I will give up BTC.
Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:52:10 PM

I agree that it is hard to live without using paper money, but it will change one day...

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:10:27 AM

It I do not know. I so understand this business Yana. But if it will be better, then it will be very good!
adsadsx

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:47:47 AM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Bitcoin has seen a lot of action during the past few months. There has been huge volatility in the price, and there are many people that are investing in it without knowing what it really is. I think in the begging, it was people who were idealistic and investing in it long term. But then it became about people who are just putting money on it simply for the fact the price has been rising.

I think what really makes paper money safer than Bitcoin is the fact that governments can ban it (to a great extent). (The price was going to continue rising, but I think that announcements from governments about possible regulations are the reason why prices aren't rising like that anymore.)
That's probably the reason why fiat money would be preferred by many over Bitcoin.

bitcoin is online system of money i will captured by the bitcoin other level of money i would rather paper money bitcoin of private key level of business.the paper money paid amount of physical document of wallet system.the paper key bitcoin of written used to multiple wallet

I think bitcoin can be regarded as a conceptual currency, as a conceptual currency bitcoin can be seen as the same as the RMB and the credit currency. If the credit currency is a banknote, that bitcoin is a currency symbol similar to a banknote.
engrdaver

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:53:42 AM

This is very true. Although bitcoin is a good investment, having actual currency to pay for immediate bills and financial matters should be a top priority. It is still difficult to use bitcoin for immediate use. Invest in bitcoin but always make sure you have sufficient money for daily living.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:07:16 AM

Here we go again with high fees. Your only argument against Bitcoin is high fees. As the Bitcoin price goes lower the fees goes lower as well. So everything is about ratio and proportion.

Cedie

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:14:47 AM

Yes. This is actually right. People here will actually say that bitcoin is the best and it might replace fiat but in reality they use fiat money more than bitcoin. It is because bitcoin is not yet accepted by the majority. That's why bitcoin lovers tend to blend in the society so they could fit in and survive. But the thing is, we shouldn't compare bitcoin to fiat because they have their own functions and roles, in my opinion.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

At heart, people still love fiat, and I do too.   When you see btc lose 130 Billion in value, it's not because people are moving out of btc into other coins, they are moving/converting their coins back into Dollars, Euros, Yen, Yuan, etc. etc.   People still set goals to be worth 1,, or 10,, or 100,,, dollars.   We don't set goals saying, I want to be worth 500 or 1000 btc.

sent from my X6
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:55:07 PM

If I had a lot of money today, let’s say $1.000.000, I would prefer to have it in fiat money than in bitcoins. This being said, if I had that amount, I would invest some, between 5% and 25% in bitcoin and maybe some other cryptos.

Nowadays cash is still king.

And I would strongly advise that you exchanged majority of it into gold and yes, keep some smaller fraction in crypto as you suggest. Fiat money has been known to disappear in a matter of single days - it will become invalidated the moment it is broadcasted by the government. Gold, on the other hand, has persevered millennia.
Mantisa83

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:58:07 PM

Today the market for crptocurrencies is much more volatile. You can probably still make money by buying low and selling high. But remember were not dealing with a stock market type of behavior where there are minor changes happening from time to time.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:03:26 PM

Bitcoin has reached great heights of success but still I would prefer fiat currency or paper currency over bitcoin because firstly, paper currency is way more popular than bitcoin and paper currency also has way more users than bitcoin has. Then more people trust paper currency than people trust bitcoin. Paper currency is also regulated by government because of which it is stable whereas bitcoin is not regulated by any government or bank because of which bitcoin is not stable.
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:08:23 AM

I would rather have a paper money because you can use anywhere even in small stores unlike crypto money you can't use it without internet I'm not saying that i don't want crypto money i want them both

huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:13:56 AM

Bitcoin isn't for everyone, and many people don't know what bitcoin is.

The French currency will not appreciate, and when I have enough money, I will choose to invest in cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: