Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:25:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I would rather have paper money then Bitcoin  (Read 1279 times)
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:17:11 AM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Same goes for me. To be honest, if I have a lot of fiat money now, I would bettet invest it in stocks rather than bitcoins AT THE MOMENT. I'm reconsidering how much bitcoin's transaction fees and transfer rates today are. If they were cheap and fast, then I'm bitcoins all the way.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:39:27 AM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

The reason why bitcoins is better that fiat is that, cryptocurrency is growing in the market while fiat needs to be placed on the bank in order for it to grow and that is the reason why banks are losing their profit, its because there are more people who are interested on investing in bitcoins.
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:57:27 AM

Paper money is the easiest way to use and expend all over the world. While bitcoin is infrequent to use you need to convert first to cash.
vionas

Activity: 261
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:03:46 AM

For the purposes of day-to-day transactions, fiat money is much better than bitcoin. In my opinion, bitcoin is better for investment, not for everyday transactions.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:28:16 AM

For the purposes of day-to-day transactions, fiat money is much better than bitcoin. In my opinion, bitcoin is better for investment, not for everyday transactions.
Yes for now bitcoin is better for investing rather than using as a currency because in future the price of bitcoin will get too expensive so at that time we can use our bitcoins until that keep holding.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:17:35 AM

Most people who invest in the Bitcoin market are looking to make a profit, and convert that profit into paper money for everyday living. You want the original paper money before then to bitcoin, I think quite right. We live and earn money to meet our daily needs, first of all we have to have paper money to meet our needs in life, then left over to buy bitcoin to make a profit, because now bitcoin Purchases can not be made in some countries. So bitcoin is not worth the daily life like paper money.
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:32:32 AM

I know that bitcoin is partnered by fees, not all people love fees and not all people is for bitcoin. The different of paper money to bitcoin is that bitcon is an investment. Its not meant for daily transactions. I know there is only fees, when you cash in and cash out.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:45:24 AM

There is no such thing as 'what it's meant for.'   It's something that anyone can use however they want, only limited by one's creativity.       

sent from my X6
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:46:43 AM

Yes for now bitcoin is better for investing rather than using as a currency because in future the price of bitcoin will get too expensive so at that time we can use our bitcoins until that keep holding.
As what we always looking forward that would happen to bitcoin to keep its status stronger and continue to soar high. And because of this characteristic it attracts more and more investors which also makes bitcoin preferable rather than paper money as a investment. But since bitcoin is not yet legally used as a mode of payment we need to convert it into fiat.
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:14:46 AM

With higher exchange than fiat money you can get more money when you get bitcoin
Just get lot lot bitcoin after you change into fiat money you can be rich and can you use in real world

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 08:56:34 AM

What about one of the altcoins -- in terms of high fees, that is?

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:10:11 AM

What about one of the altcoins -- in terms of high fees, that is?
You are aware that the fees in altcoins are currently lower because those altcoins are not even closely as successful as bitcoin, especially in terms of a number of transactions. The moment the number of transactions for the altcoin reaches the number of transaction in peaks for bitcoin (like the december peak, for instance), the fees will be similarly high too.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:55:04 PM

With higher exchange than fiat money you can get more money when you get bitcoin
Just get lot lot bitcoin after you change into fiat money you can be rich and can you use in real world

Well you seem to be forgetting that bitcoin is extremely volatile. Though you can get more money when the value is high, haven't you considered crashes, just like the recent one that happened? I'm.nit preferring one over the other because i'd prefer to have a variety of options.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:59:10 PM

I agree with the thread title. I would love to have a bunch of paper money THEN turn it into bitcoin.   Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
espiapogi1994

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:01:32 PM

because bitcoin can't buy anything, we have to convert it to paper money to use it into what we need.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:28:15 PM

I agree with OP. 99% of the stores in my country don’t accept bitcoin and crypto as a payment method. For now, I take Bitcoin as a saving and investment tool.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

I prefer to have my funds in both fiats and bitcoin. There are advantages to both. Fiat is good for spending, this is something we cannot deny. But I like the growth of bitcoin, this is something fiat cannot achieve.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

I understand your point of view and it is perfectly normal to want this way. For me now it is the perfect time to save some money since I don't sell my bitcoin every day to buy something. I want to have this saving period

The best is yet to come!
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:56:11 PM

I've already used Stellar (XLM) for payment where I am at. And it works pretty well. Wink More shops are adopting it.
Cryptos certainly do have a future IMO.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:14:50 PM

Fiat is our easiest form of currency it has been in place for a long time and there is nothing difficult about using it. Bitcoin on the other hand does have a learning curve for new people to understand with keys and understanding of it price volatilities. Transaction fees are an issue that can be resolved.
I agree to you that, fiat is our first and easiest form of currency where accpetable in all different kind of transactions and we all know that it will last forever. The reason why I would rather to have fiat than bitcoin is the price because the price of bitcoin is volatiles and there is a chance that it will crush your money but I hope it would not happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: