Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:57:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I would rather have paper money then Bitcoin  (Read 1279 times)
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:44:33 AM

some prefer paper money and others prefer bitcoin, For those who are afraid to loose money and do not want to take risk, they will prefer fiat because bitcoin has a fluctuating value and anything can happen in an instant. They think that there are more risk to it and they might end up bankrupt,  but what they don't know is how big the potential of bitcoin is.

Lukan

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:06:16 PM

I'd rather burn all the paper money.
deejayce48

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:56:00 PM

We all need fiat money right now since Bitcoin is not recognized by many as currency. But it doesn't mean that it will forever be. We cannot predict the future. All we can do is prepare for the future. So if you truly believe that cryptocurrencies are the future money, then you must prepare yourself and start buying Bitcoin.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:14:02 AM

We all need fiat money right now since Bitcoin is not recognized by many as currency.
What is that for logic? Bitcoin doesn't need to be recognized or legalized by any country in order to have stores accept it as payment form. As long as nothing prevents you from accepting it, nothing can stop you from using it.

If we go by your logic, and Bitcoin would indeed need to be recognized or legalized, we would probably not even have 2% of the current number of merchants accepting Bitcoin as payment form, think about that.

Fiat payment services offer more adoption and convenience at this point, but that's just a matter of time before Bitcoin is going to close that gap. That's the main purposes and point if this thread.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:08:57 AM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Bitcoin is not for everyone because it's system sometimes is too complicated to others. You can use bitcoin for your everyday life but on limited things only, also you must know how its mechanism run and how to use it properly. Knowledge is very important to every bitcoin users.
mkcube

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:23:11 AM

Id rather have paper money because i can used it for my daily needs or transaction.Whereas the bitcoin is an asset it cannot directly buy for your daily transaction you just wait when your bitcoin is being converted.As soon as it is converted then thats the tume you can use it for gour daily needs.
BrandeXMRLOVER

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

It may occur after rapid education spread causing people to stand against Govt for accepting btcs over cash
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:57:19 PM

If I had a lot of money today, let’s say $1.000.000, I would prefer to have it in fiat money than in bitcoins. This being said, if I had that amount, I would invest some, between 5% and 25% in bitcoin and maybe some other cryptos. Nowadays cash is still king.

In 2011, there talks of "Buy 1 ounce Silver. End the Fed". Now Silver is $17/ounce.

Central banks are the King.
jj007

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:59:45 AM

Firstly, I would not necessarily agree that this makes Bitcoin better than fiat money, I think this makes Bitcoin different or unique. Whether this is better than fiat is more of an ideological or economic theory type of question, but being unique may be sufficient to ensure Bitcoin can have significant value.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:02:44 AM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

For starters a lot of people are also thinking that way because of the advantages and the prod that this kind of things provide. Paper money provides security and this are things that are not replaced no matter how high the value of bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency for that matter. Paper money is centralized which means that it kight change the value but not volatile as cryptocurrency
hacker10

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:04:56 AM

FYI, “fiat currency” is any national currency decreed legal by the national government, but is intrinsically valueless money. Fiat currencies no longer represent gold deposits or other things of known market value. They are just the accepted pieces of national paper, printed by a private central bank and loaned to the national government, with interest. All fiat currencies are debt instruments.
Garret44eza

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

Progress of bitcoins surely proves that it is far better than real cash curency and so might get replaced
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:05:05 PM

Yeah me too. Fiat money is way more important than crypto. Since I d not have both, I will try to gain profit from many types of job. The most used type of money on the world is fiat money and we gotta have some of it for emergencies. The fees are also increasing because the traffic in the transactions are getting more way out of hand than before.
Bodiul1975

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:25:47 PM

Not everyone is for everyone, and for that reason people are afraid of doing every work, and people should be educated in this work. Bitcoin should be a bit like a debit card, so it is very important for every human being to share knowledge and information.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:43:04 PM

To be honest, I'd rather use fiat money as well. I'm not yet comfortable with using bitcoins as a currency on a daily basis since bitcoins costs so much to transfer and takes so long to send it somewhere elsee whereas with fiat money, no transfer fees and just literally seconds to transfer it.

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:43:12 PM

Progress of bitcoins surely proves that it is far better than real cash curency and so might get replaced

Bitcoin is better than Fiat currency in terms of investment but when it comes to daily usage bitcoin still needs to be adapted by wide range of societies and bitcoin can be online asset but cannot replace fiat.

Am I spamming? Report me!
sulendra12

Activity: 2828
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:48:37 PM

Bitcoin is better than Fiat currency in terms of investment but when it comes to daily usage bitcoin still needs to be adapted by wide range of societies and bitcoin can be online asset but cannot replace fiat.
Ye, that's true. While flat in terms of investment remains stable for long time and even it goes up, you would probably get like 5% - 10% from your capital (not something that really worth) When Bitcoin would be used as payment gateway to buy food or your daily goods, do you ever think about the fee? You don't want to pay more cuz fee right?

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Silentsweeper

Activity: 149
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:58:23 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 10:41:29 AM by Silentsweeper

I will use the global reserve currency, the U.S. Dollar, for all relevant fiat currency examples, but any centralized bank note will still have the same principles apply.
Bitcoin fees are currently very high.
Bitcoin’s advantages are built into the technology, that can be amended or updated through the protocol, and are built to stand the test of time.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:18:08 PM

Not everyone is for everyone, and for that reason people are afraid of doing every work, and people should be educated in this work. Bitcoin should be a bit like a debit card, so it is very important for every human being to share knowledge and information.

Yes bitcoin should be more like online currency and will not replace fiat currency as this will never be digested with the government and bankers we need to educate people about the bitcoin and it's benefits.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Kumic

Activity: 533

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:27:53 PM

At the moment yes. But what you think about tomorrow? These things cryptocurrency will overcome. Everything is just in the development phase as the whole technology is still young. In future, I don't see FIAT money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: