Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:49:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I would rather have paper money then Bitcoin  (Read 1279 times)
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:34:39 PM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Paper money is more traditional and stable compared to digital currency or specifically, cryptocurrency. Being open for this new trend was also good for you can gain bigger profit if you just know how to manage it. That is why before engaging in cryptos, you must have to knowledge about it.
AteenaD

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:37:58 PM

You are just being practical. I applaud you for being so honest. Because the US fiat value is fixed and stable. The value of the fiat you were holding is the same value you can use to buy anything. As to what i've learned here, bitcoin is not a currency and will never will be because of it's volatility.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:21:26 PM

Everybody has an environment he lives in. If bitcoin is not accepted in that environment, then only possessing cryptocurrencies will be problematic. You can't pay for your everyday life under those circumstances. That is why having some of the local fiat is always somthing we should consider. We can't expect that other people will accept our preferred payment method.
LienTHETRADER

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:48:43 AM

Govt will try to shut btc as its a scam according to them plus their tax incomes will reduce. This arises controversy of acceptance of btcs over cash
ranz_18

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:34:58 PM

Paper money is acceptable in all establishments as a payments of goods and services. While bitcoin is not acceptable in any other establishment, it needs to be converted into paper money so that it will become usable. Just like my country right now bitcoin was not totally accepted by government.
ToyMonster

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:56:29 PM

Real cash helps you in estimating your earning by solid calculations but there is no calculations in this virtual system
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

paper money and bitcoin are very different bitcoin you see on the logo it's kind of a coin and it's just kind of a bitcoin symbol. but what you earn from the bitcoin investment is not coin, but the form of paper money that you like it ,,
Kaan53

Activity: 124
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:59:01 PM

Because Bitcoin can only buy and sell on the internet, it may be necessary all the time, but there are very few people who can go out and do some shopping with Bitcoin, so I need paper money so my idea is soon that all sellers will buy Bitcoin wallet and start to trade with Bitcoin as if approaching.
arteezyy

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:05:33 PM

I also personally prefer paper money instead of bitcoin. As you have said, there are so many fees just to convert bitcoin to paper money. But for convenience purposes, it's better to use bitcoin for transferring huge amount of money right? It can also be used worldwide (depending on country if they allowed it though). But we have our different opinions, we can use bitcoin for investments but i prefer having large amount of paper money than bitcoin, due to uncertainty in prices eventhough it increases almost everyday.

Michellekking

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:14:07 PM

This is going to come to a surprise to many on here, but at the moment I'd rather have paper (US FIAT) money. It's something that I would be able to actually use in my life with ease, and even though I love crypto and everything I have to be honest about what I think and see.

Plus for the fact that if i was to have bitcoin right now, I'd be paying a very high amount in fees if I wanted to actually end up using this money.

Everyone has a choice. Yes, paper money can be used more conveniently in daily life. Paper money is widely used. But I think bitcoin is an investment, and you may be adding value when you hold it, which can bring you benefits.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:19:24 PM

It all depends on one's uses.   My kids prefer 100 Yen coins because they can be used in gachapon vending machines in Japan.   

sent from my X6
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:23:01 PM

I would not prefer paper money to bitcoins at the moment, because right now there is a rapid growth and there is simply no reason to compare and think where it is better to store money.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 01:25:09 PM

I think the fact that it also a basic necessity to buy your daily items like soap, food, etc make you prefer paper money over bitcoin. Since bitcoin is impractical to use for micro transactions, for now at the least. Bitcoin is for future investments. But I think that it would become the world's currency, and that will shift you from paper money to bitcoin.
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:26:53 PM

Well that's your choice. It is just a matter of perspective. Other people are using Bitcoin because it is not only a currency but also a good asset or investment for being profitable due to thecontinuous increase on its value for a long run. That's the biggest advantage of Bitcoin compared to fiat that are having a stable market price. The only issue on cryptos right now is the legalization and hoping that in the future it will be solved.

marjoree

Activity: 193

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:41:49 PM

Just like you, I would rather have paper money than bitcoin as of now because as you can see the bitcoin's value can dropped anytime while the paper money or fiat is not. Fiat is surely can be used for transactions while bitcoin can only be used for limited transactions and as the matter of fact, it is banned in some countries. If I have bitcoin right now, probably I will turn it into cash so I can use it anytime and anywhere.

weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:49:23 PM

If you are earning a huge amount of bitcoins on cashing out then why bother to reduce a small amount of fiat on your transaction fee. Cryptocurrency payment method will be only efficient on paying a huge amount of bills if the transaction fee is really bothering you.

Deeyoh

Activity: 258
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:59:59 PM

Just like you, I would rather have paper money than bitcoin as of now because as you can see the bitcoin's value can dropped anytime while the paper money or fiat is not. Fiat is surely can be used for transactions while bitcoin can only be used for limited transactions and as the matter of fact, it is banned in some countries. If I have bitcoin right now, probably I will turn it into cash so I can use it anytime and anywhere.

This thinking is exactly why you are poor and will remain poor.  Fiat is a debt based currency and is always losing value.  It's designed to lose value but not to fast. Don't want to spook the sheep or make the frog jump out of the pot.  Investing in assets that don't lose value and you will always come out ahead in a debt based system.  
wicaksono

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:08:07 PM

this is a question or a logical delivery, sometimes if I have to bother to bring cash when buying electronics, while in the street I think "it will be easier if I have money crypto and can be used as a payment medium in some places that I will visit ". like your story, when I want to buy a snack that cost me less how much I prefer and like paper money

Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:40:21 PM

It totally depends how you look towards bitcoin either a type of currency or an investment. Anyways on a day to day life people aren't gonna go and buy higher priced good and would like to use crypto-currencies and in a day to day life people spend money, not heavy priced commodities but on low to medium priced commodities and there is where you would need fiat money because using bitcoin there would not be a very good idea according to me atleast I wouldn't.
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:45:23 PM

I think the fact that it also a basic necessity to buy your daily items like soap, food, etc make you prefer paper money over bitcoin. Since bitcoin is impractical to use for micro transactions, for now at the least. Bitcoin is for future investments. But I think that it would become the world's currency, and that will shift you from paper money to bitcoin.

We are used on using paper money so it will be more convenient and less confusing for us. Bitcoin may offer more than what paper money can offer. However, it still have disadvantages that may affect our transactions. For me, since it is used only with the presence of internet then, it will our transactions. Some may not still embrace this kind of change and still prefer the use of paper money. Lots of circumstances may occur. Like when the internet is not available, bitcoin will not be accessible. So I still prefer the safer means which is the use of paper money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: