Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC are getting dumped, is this repeat of 2013 pump and dump?  (Read 223 times)
AussieBTC (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:53:00 AM

Looking at the volume and what just happened to Bitcoin in last month, its obvious that this is the biggest Pump and Dump since 2013, dumping is happening now but they try to control it until they dump their huge bags.
Little guys and new comers with up to 5 coins is the ones that will loose and pay the price.

I've been in the game 5 years now and i can smell it, i'm not saying sell your coins, all i say is don't buy as we are experiencing mother of all dumps since the introduction of Bitcoin.
If you don't believe me just look at the graphs and read the posts from 2013, these posts are repeating now with the guys saying it will sky rocket and deep inside they know that its wishful thinking.
 Cool
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:54:33 AM

No, much have changed since 2013.

Back then there was one exchange that had most of the volume. These days its different.

Especially with wall street getting involved and all those ETFs that are trying to get approved and listed on the stock markets.

SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:03:54 AM

I don't think you're right. I believe that things are a big shaky due to wall street coming in and all the speculation that it involved aka FUD of shorting. Imo we just need to have patience in the long run bitcoin should rise again, the current price is not high at all so... Its proven by its graphs that apart from all the rises bitcoin fell too some times, and all it took was some time to be able to climb back up, especially now that is looked as a good thing for so many more people around the world and not just a few.

AussieBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:10:57 AM

Not true, back then there were 4 huge exchange websites, and they are all gone now and people lost their coins, same will happen with all the other current sites eventually.

Guys from wall street is the ones doing the pump now, they have much bigger brains and pockets then most other traders.
Pump and dumps will always be there with all the coins, if you think that any coin will just keep on rising without huge dumps you are a full.

Sub1

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:18:08 AM

If I do not think it will be if bitcoin returns to a position like in 2013, as we see today, price movements are rampant (increasing)
If viewed annually, the value of a piece of Bitcoin in 2013 is only US $ 92, then entering 2014 the value of crypto curency is up 819% to US $ 846 per chip. Then in 2015 declined 68.8% to the position of US $ 265 per chip and began to climb back to the position of US $ 437.9 per one chip.

But this year, bitcoin values ​​soared and kept a record. The beginning of 2017 bitcoin was recorded only in the range of US $ 977 per chip. Later today (13/12) quoted bitcoin.com the value of one chip recorded US $ 16,747 per chip when, last week bitcoin had penetrated US $ 18,000 per chip.

Then why bitcoin can be worth?

Bitcoin Indonesia CEO Oscar Darmawan explained that although the concept of virtual or digital bitcoin value can be obtained from the many efforts made to create this virtual money. Then, any system that is in bitcoin can not be copied by anyone.

"So the system can not be copied or copied, and created in a limited," said Oscar in a discussion at the Hotel Ibis, Jakarta, Wednesday (13/12/2017).

He explains, the boom raising the value of bitcoin can not be equated with bacon stone boom. This is because the two products are of a different kind

"It's different in value, but if speculators of bitcoin with bacan are the same, but to make fake bacon easier, well, if making fake bitcoin is not possible, besides safe and strong bitcoin is also supplied in a limited way"
chocobo21

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:36:52 AM

I dont think you can compare bitcoin right now with bitcoin in 2013, everything is a lot different now a lot of countries are supporting bitcoin for exemple Japan, and there are a lot more people in Bitcoin than before. Price is not going to go down very much
Shivasenap

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:53:58 AM

Looking at the volume and what just happened to Bitcoin in last month, its obvious that this is the biggest Pump and Dump since 2013, dumping is happening now but they try to control it until they dump their huge bags.
Little guys and new comers with up to 5 coins is the ones that will loose and pay the price.

I've been in the game 5 years now and i can smell it, i'm not saying sell your coins, all i say is don't buy as we are experiencing mother of all dumps since the introduction of Bitcoin.
If you don't believe me just look at the graphs and read the posts from 2013, these posts are repeating now with the guys saying it will sky rocket and deep inside they know that its wishful thinking.
 Cool

Vintage guy with vintage thoughts. Much have changed since 2013. Number of projects on blockchain has increased and the number of exchanges have increased.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:10:09 AM

Well i believe that pump and dump is almost happening every now and then that was really normal feom the start bitcoin really has a unstable price and we can really see it if we really get an update of its price everyday price of bitcoin is really amazing we can really gain on it buy holding it in a long term we dont have to get panic about its price because that was really normal.
AussieBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:52:06 PM

Shivasenap, vintage suits me well  Grin however what you said about blocks chains and exchanges has nothing to do with prices of Bitcoin.

Optimism was very high back in Vintage days as well, however it hasn't helped to bring the Bitcoin all the way down, even back then it was all over the news in Russia, China, Australia and many other countries then it went quite as the prices went down.

Zoom the graph in 2013 and zoom it now, its going down in the same path.

Lets hope i was wrong.

John Wick

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

Back then there was one exchange that had most of the volume. These days its different.

Especially with wall street getting involved and all those ETFs that are trying to get approved and listed on the stock markets.

Some newbies think bitcoin is still acting like it's in the old days. The market totally changed. We're not in the old patterns, the pattern is more serious with tons of market investors and high volume exchanges.
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 846

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

Cool

2013 is much different in my opinion. There are only few investors as compare to today which you say has so many new comers although they are usually the victims of this dump if the "manipulators" decided to do so.

But I just checked the price and it looks like is it still above $15K, much to my surprise. I guess the bulls and the bears keep fighting it up. We are still not yet seeing a dump as you have speculated, but pumps and dumps are just normal part of the ecosystem. Its how you handle and face them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:21:18 PM

if this is your only reason then i have to tell you to go back and look at the charts and check the same topics like yours and very similar comments that you see today in all the following dates:

2017-11-5 till 2017-11-15
2017-08-31 till 2017-10-8
2017-06-11 till 2017-07-17
2017-01-04 till 2017-02-20

each time someone like you comes here and says it is very similar to 2013 and asks us to believe him and they disappear by the end of each date on top. i can show you at least 30 topics in each of the above dates that are saying the same exact thing as you here without any bases.

There is a FOMO brewing...
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:11:17 PM

There is a huge influx now of new money coming into crypto in general and still Bitcoin went up 1.3k % in one year which isn't a bad roi by any means. Yes there was a big correction from it's ATH but I am sure it might go up again once the whales blow up the altcoins of their choice and then want to cash out. Also though nowadays there are multiwallets and debit cards where people can store their coins and they don't need to sell them for Bitcoin like before, so they can directly have their coins exchanged from coins to fiat.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:35:36 PM

Some newbies think bitcoin is still acting like it's in the old days.
Basically that. It pretty well explains why there still are idiots believing that Bitcoin can be worthless overnight. It's basically what I constantly see on TV when the mainstream media reports about Bitcoin. They repeat that the Central bank advices people to not buy Bitcoin because people can lose all their money instantly when the price goes down. Cheesy

The market totally changed. We're not in the old patterns, the pattern is more serious with tons of market investors and high volume exchanges.
Most people just ride the hype and don't even understand what it is they are investing in. I constantly hear people around me say that Bitcoin isn't issued by the government, so it's not legit. In other words, it's a scam according to them. The only difference these people see is that back in the days Bitcoin was $100 and now $15,000. If you explain them what Bitcoin really is, they just rehash their own idiotic logic, which is that it isn't issued by the government, so it has no value like the Euro or the USD have. Cheesy Cheesy
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

Some newbies think bitcoin is still acting like it's in the old days. The market totally changed. We're not in the old patterns, the pattern is more serious with tons of market investors and high volume exchanges.
Absolutely true, the market capitalization is growing every day more and more serious players are involved in the crypto industry. The more money comes to the market, the smoother the price behaves.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:02:35 PM

i dont think it is the same as 2013, bitcoin is being dump, that perhaps true but bitcoin now is ver high value that will not easy to die loose all money like before. bitcoin will surely be pumped back in the future so we should hold bitcoin and wait until Bitcoin is pumped to sell.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:00:55 PM

Agreed, this time is a different game. it is about 4 years since 2013 and you are still thinking something never changed? think again, please because that's wrong calcualtion.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
DoctorMoney

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:13:25 PM

I gotta say that today bitcoin manipulation getting harder and harder each time they do it, the thing is they are trying to get your coins by dumping it to a lower level then buying in the same amount they dumped or even less for more coins at lower stage that is basically what it is, unless you can anticipate that and do what they are doing exactly, it is better to hold on, because currently that is a cycle which will repeat it self until bitcoin can no longer be of any use, currently bitcoin is still a king among the coins , even if it was dumped people will be forced to buy in mostly in bitcoins, or sell using bitcoins, so there is no going around the fact it is gonna get up again, unlike in 2013 it was only testing the coin it self and maybe few other coins.

so conclusion : btc is here to stay, unless a way better efficient variant conquers it, currently I see ripple eating bitcoin in the coinmarketcap that's why btc value going down, but its a cycle as i noticed ripple gets pumped btc goes down, btc gets pumped ripple is down, now it appears ripple trying to be the next thing.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1345120)
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:02:06 PM

I don't agree that it is just repeating what is in the history. If it is what you believed in, wake up. Many things have changed for the past four years. If you will be like that, you won't earn and profit a lot, maybe you'll lose money. Just be optimistic.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:39:14 PM

Cool

5 days ago price was $2000 lower that it is today, that does not
look like dump, that looks like recovering previous value.
   You are in crypto-world for 5 years and you still do not understand
basic fluctuations that Bitcoin make. After that dump in 2013 many
people saw opportunity to buy more Bitcoins for lower price, same is
happening again. In dumps you are accumulating more Bitcoin for
discounted price and if you wait long enough new ATH will come and
you will earn your money back and make profit.
   Comparing 2013 and 2018 is almost impossible, back that Bitcoin
was not so popular and adopted like it is now, just wait and you will
see Bitcoin price $19000 again in shot time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███