Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:00:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Xspec a scam like DeepOnion? Whats even the fucking point?  (Read 489 times)
muenze (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

I saw a lot of people shill about Xspec, sometimes it seemed even with copy&paste posts. They dont have a sig tho like the DeepOnion guys who now even need to make fake purchases at Exchanges to push the price up artificially.

Is Xspec the same? A bounty/spam campaign but they pay them even without having a sig? Possibly by the same guys as Deeponion?

Why do people do this? There is so many real privacy coins still low like Colx (based on Pivx), Zoin (based on Zerocoin), Linda of which some have very large, real communitys and 100s of devs in Github, coming exchange listings and dev updates-... why would people push scamcoins when they could make way more money in real projects, give back to the crypto communty,. and we all win ? Sharing the value instead of making just the owner of DeepOnion & co rich?

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
muenze (OP)

Merit: 157

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:55:44 PM

This board is moving so fast.... any insights on xspec?

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
spectre_jbg

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:10:02 PM

Hey Smiley I don't come to bitcointalk very often but someone linked me to your post and I felt like replying.

XSPEC is very much a legitimate project. I'm the lead developer of it in fact. We're working hard on the technology, we have a really nice wallet already and in the future we have some innovations planned that no other project to our knowledge is working on (including staking of stealth coins).

Unlike many coins we don't have a budget for marketing, nor highly-paid developers. Just a passionate community, a few solid developers funded entirely by community donations, and some good ideas.

That passionate community sometimes tries to compensate for the lack of a marketing budget by trying to "spread the word" and unfortunately it sometimes comes across like shilling. I'm not a fan of that type of marketing personally, and it's not an official approach of the project or anything like that.

I hope you'll consider coming over to our slack (http://spectreproject.slack.com/ - invite link: http://slack.spectreproject.io/) and saying hello. We're a friendly bunch and you'll find us to be refreshingly transparent compared to much of the crypto world.
deescrid

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:18:43 PM

Supporter of XSPEC here.

I have seen absolutely nothing to suspect that this coin is a scam.  And I would know, I bought QuarkCoins whilst Bill Still was pumping.  So my scam-radar is pretty finely tuned now.

The coin has some fantastic tech behind it (OBFS4, stealth staking coming shortly, staking donation slider, lots more).  It has easily the best community of any crypto I've been involved with, and there is no shill team involved anywhere.  Come join the slack channel if you think otherwise.
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

I saw a lot of people shill about Xspec, sometimes it seemed even with copy&paste posts. They dont have a sig tho like the DeepOnion guys who now even need to make fake purchases at Exchanges to push the price up artificially.

Is Xspec the same? A bounty/spam campaign but they pay them even without having a sig? Possibly by the same guys as Deeponion?

Why do people do this? There is so many real privacy coins still low like Colx (based on Pivx), Zoin (based on Zerocoin), Linda of which some have very large, real communitys and 100s of devs in Github, coming exchange listings and dev updates-... why would people push scamcoins when they could make way more money in real projects, give back to the crypto communty,. and we all win ? Sharing the value instead of making just the owner of DeepOnion & co rich?

It is not same. So many privacy coins you say?  Mention only one which is completely integrated in Tor network (nodes are inside network, no exit nodes being used here.), w/ OBFS4 Tor obfuscation, so it can work behind GWF and in countries which block Tor. That plus Ring signatures and stealth address of course.
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:21:44 PM

Holy shit.  This actually pulled JBG away from slack?!  Comparing XSPEC to deeponion must be like some sort of summoning spell or some shit.
I was going to tell you to come to slack and talk with JBG but he came to you.
I've forcefully embedded myself in this project simply because of the amount of work the community is willing to do to make it succeed.  We don't have massive funding.  We (the community)  pay for the devs.  We do the marketing. We believe in the proposed tech.  
If it's a scam then the entire community backing it with our time and efforts and with the payout splitting that many ways and the amount of sleep I've lost personally creating graphics and explaining the benefits of the XSPEC as a means to financial freedom... it's not a worthwhile scam at all.
We really lucked out with the coding talent we've paid for.  Two cryptographers with a lot of experience between them.

You're going to get all type of answers here affirmative and negative, but I'd encourage you to visit the slack channel and have a look at the wallet then join in the community.  It's fun to feel a part of something.

The point?  Is to have a rapid transfer of private remittance.  Monero is great for store of wealth.  It will replace bitcoin is people know what's good for them.  But Xspec will have a more rapid, cheaper, and cost efficient transfer that is still private.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:24:31 PM

are you talking about this project ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0

or something else ?

if you are talking about that project,i do not think so.
compared to Deeponion project and Xspec,i think Deeponion has a lot of attention from other people compared to Xspec.
but scam or not,
we do not know about it yet and at this moment it would be better for us to stay away from that kind of project 'moderated project'.
because it will not last long and most of them were scammer.

lastly,i did not see many people shilling about Xspec to be honest.
compared to Deeponion obviously
mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:28:46 PM

If anyone are shilling a coin does it mean thats a scam coin?if theres no signature campaign does it mean it is a scam? do your own research boy before you post anything like this.

floyd1987

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:34:13 PM

SpectreCoin is a legitimate privacy coin (and a very good one). You can visit the coinwiki (my signature) if you want, or you can visit the project's Slack and GitHub (if you're technically savvy). The lead developer (jbg) is very responsive on the Slack channel, so you could go there and find out more if you wanted.

Slack:
https://spectreproject.slack.com

GitHub:
https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre

There are some new and exciting things coming out in the future for SpectreCoin, too. An updated website (community volunteers are making it happen) is set to be online on January 8th. That same day the Spectre wallet receives an update (v1.3.4), and slated for end of January is v.1.4 is set to release (you can check the roadmap on the website).

SpectreCoin isn't a scam. The lead developer is active, the community is active and excited about the coin, and we just want to share it with everyone else. We're not being paid. In the history of XSPEC, to my knowledge, no paid advertising has ever been done. The only exception to this was the last week of December when a volunteer with a lot of XSPEC spontaneously offered a handful of XSPEC to people who posted on BCT for that week. The funds were paid out of his own personal wallet (and, to my knowledge, only about five people took him up on the offer). The volunteer community has also funded a commercial for SpectreCoin, which will be the first professional commercial SpectreCoin has ever had (like I said, paid advertising isn't something SpectreCoin does; it's all volunteers).

In fact, the volunteer community has really stepped in to make sure other people know about this coin and help improve the coin's image (like I said before, the entirely volunteer community is working on the website; they're - we're[/b], because I'm one of the volunteers working on the website - not being paid at all, we're doing it because we love this coin and we want).

SpectreCoin is not a scam. It's a solid privacy coin with a lot of very excited, very motivated, volunteers that make up its active community. I'm sorry if it seems like we're shilling and copy/pasting. The more active of us in the community have been reminding everyone since mid to late December to not do that. At the same time, since we're all volunteers, we can't really control what other people do. We just post guidelines, set an example, and encourage people to follow those guidelines and examples.

I really look forward to seeing you in the Slack channel, or one of the coin's (volunteer run!) social media accounts. And I hope you end up loving this fantastic privacy coin, too. :-)
francesco5

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

XSPEC supporter here and just registered Smiley XSPEC is the only TOR integrated coin that can work in China. Isn't this huge?
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:38:24 PM

So much shilling going on with both these coins, I haven't even given them a look. Don't think I ever will.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:38:48 PM

Is XSPEC legit or not?

Well if someone with a tech knowledge would research the project he would quite easily find out that a project already has

- One of the best clients with fast transactions speed 30-60 sec txn's
- Integrated natively in-clinet TOR + masking TOR traffic mechanism (OBFS4) - helps to get though gov firewalls and provider monitoring
- Stealth Addresses which is a big deal if you know what they are for
- Automatically Adjusted in size Ring Signatures (screws blockchain analyzers)

So you can that it is almost makes it a Monero on PoS. A rather good compliment nowadays.

Why do people invest and praise it? "Will it make TOP10 or smth?"

- XSPEC is on its way to make something no one in cryptoworld knows how to do - Staking (receiving rewards for supporting the network being a node) on Stealth Addresses - staking rewards come untraced
Otherwise why would people buy a project with such "amateur"(as they say) website and no whitepaper?

There is currently no funds for paid marketing in the first place

Original XSPEC team is AWOL now. It has been totally changed. + ICO managed to gather only 17k usd due to the scam accusations of being simply a fork of ShadowCash. It is true that SpectreCoin is originally a continuator of ShadowCash, but only because a member of ShadowCash team (@mandica) didn't like the new direction of how ShadowCash decided to mutate into marketplace instead of currency like their original plan was, which ultimately saddened investors and they bailed out, making a project dead now.

So you can count XSPEC as a project that continued to develop, where SDC left off, but with stronger dev team (@jbg and @brycel being pro cryptographers for decades)

Project got no funding and didn't have budget for paid marketing efforts like some guys with Onion in their project Title

P.S.

Good way to black PR your
Sandy
Linda
Cole
anon coins on behaf of project that actually has got the tech and has it right
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:40:08 PM

So much shilling going on with both these coins, I haven't even given them a look. Don't think I ever will.

You're making a mistake then, cause a coin with no funds what-so-ever to start with and no bounty campaigns won't ever attract so much people around it make 20x return in 30 days and make people post for free if they don't like it.
It is the tech, see my the post below yours
dminvest

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

ahahahhaha, scam? ahahhahaha

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
pablo69

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:56:51 PM

I've been very impressed with this coin. I have been spending sometime on Slack and the whole community but especially the lead developers are very impressive. It may not have a team of highly developers like some other coins but I certainly feel the current team is more than capable.
GratefulDeadhead

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:03:28 PM

The big difference between DeepOnion and XSPEC is that DeepOnion pay their community to shill the coin, through the use of bounties and whatnot. Whereas the XSPEC community voluntarily choose to spread the word, simply because of their belief in the vision of the project and the technology.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:06:45 PM

If someone is shilling the coin does it mean it is a scam coin? dont be stupid boy do your homework to know which coins are scams.

September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:55:02 PM

Hey Smiley I don't come to bitcointalk very often but someone linked me to your post and I felt like replying.

XSPEC is very much a legitimate project. I'm the lead developer of it in fact. We're working hard on the technology, we have a really nice wallet already and in the future we have some innovations planned that no other project to our knowledge is working on (including staking of stealth coins).

Unlike many coins we don't have a budget for marketing, nor highly-paid developers. Just a passionate community, a few solid developers funded entirely by community donations, and some good ideas.

That passionate community sometimes tries to compensate for the lack of a marketing budget by trying to "spread the word" and unfortunately it sometimes comes across like shilling. I'm not a fan of that type of marketing personally, and it's not an official approach of the project or anything like that.

I hope you'll consider coming over to our slack (http://spectreproject.slack.com/ - invite link: http://slack.spectreproject.io/) and saying hello. We're a friendly bunch and you'll find us to be refreshingly transparent compared to much of the crypto world.

Nice statement. I will now come to your thread and try to learn more about your coin, Xspec. I hope your bitcointalk thread is active since I am not a fan of slack.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
carlocolucci83

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:18:39 PM

I can understand where you are coming from..seeing a LOT of posts about a certain coin generally raises suspicion to me as well. One has to understand that the Xspec team has little to no budget for marketing, so we as a community decided to show the outside world what benefits Xspec has and why we think Xspec is a good coin. I will not repeat the great features Xspec has, since many others have already have, but if you look to find a good coin in general and a privacy coin in particular, one cannot forget about Xspec.
cryptomema

Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:26:14 PM

Xspec is a good coin to invest in,the developers are working hard the only thing which make this a scam coin is the lack of exposure,it needs to go into spotlight which i hopefully will come sooner.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: