Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why is ETH gas again very expensive?  (Read 435 times)
IfixTchenTchen (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:12:36 PM

For the past 24 hours gas for Ethereum has again become very expensive, at least 21 Gwei.

https://ethgasstation.info/

Anyone knows why? Some other game like the cryptokitties perhaps?
SanZoldyck

Activity: 615
Merit: 105

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:20:35 PM

In my opinion, the rampant use of ETH as well as larger blocks and the rise in ETH prices and making Gas the greater the price to send!

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
IfixTchenTchen (OP)

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:23:26 PM

In my opinion, the rampant use of ETH as well as larger blocks and the rise in ETH prices and making Gas the greater the price to send!

This is generally true, but up to a few days ago you could still use ETH with a price of 4 Gwei - now 21 Gwei is a huge rise, now you need to spend half a dollar if you want to send anything.
RakelA96

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:45:03 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 02:03:58 PM by RakelA96

For the past 24 hours gas for Ethereum has again become very expensive, at least 21 Gwei.

one of the factors is the density of transactions on the blockchain, we know that the slow or faster of a transaction is determined by the fee, and see the price of ethereum now .. I think it is appropriate for the price ethereum now and don't forget for the miner

You can also adjust the gas according to your needs,many fee, faster transaction ..
https://ethgasstation.info/ only gives gas recommendations for quick delivery at that time
12retepnat34

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:51:28 PM

I think it is just fair for us and to the miner because the ethereum price is increasing and 4gwei is very small for the current price of ethereum and 21gwei  is the good gas price for that, just like bitcoin transaction fee that instantly change depend to the value of btc.
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:01:03 PM

some question
I am also confused by this situation with so high gas prices I can't send my tokens smoothly, I don't know what causes it, we better wait until the gas prices normal
newegggo

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:02:54 PM

I also think the transaction fee is too high.
It it not practical to make small transactions with such a high fee.

shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:23:59 PM

Ethereum fee is high if you use low gas then your transaction stuck some where and you need to wait some time 24 hours. so this is the great fault in ethereum. I personally think and suggest to lower the fee and fast the transactions as Ethereum is now 2nd great network in crypto world.

BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:34:02 AM

The transaction fee is expensive because there's a lot of people that want to send their token and the fact that ethereum price increase a lot that sending token using high gas limit and price become so expensive. You can try using the lowest safe gas price at ethgasstation if you want to reduce the fee or lower it even more if you don't mind waiting for a long time.

Kola

Activity: 215
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:40:35 AM

"Ethereum aims to take the promise of decentralization, openness and security that is at the core of blockchain technology and brings it to almost anything that can be computed.” - Vitalik Buterin

Ethereum has the potential to change the way humans transact with one another but it is still a very young technology and it hasn't been without its problems. While the blockchain architecture underlying the Ethereum network is secure, not all of the applications built on top of it are.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:47:26 AM

it's also related to the regent recent uprise in ETH price. Due to that many people are tradding ETH, and trading volume is increasing and so the blockchain gets congested. But with time it'll come back to normal
Enbloc

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

Gas prices fluctuate depending on network performance and miners' needs/demand. It's natural that a network processing record breaking levels of transactions will have some growing pains but so far everything has been going pretty smoothly. I can't wait for sharding and PoS -Chaz
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:20:42 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 04:04:46 PM by rizkyhiw

Most likely if you lower the price of the gas then the process will be longer than usual, this is reasonable.when a coin becomes expensive, It will affect the whole.
That's because the block size limit does not make sense, as a miner so there is an incentive to restrict the unit, each kilobyte increase the block's stale frequency and consequently, jeopardize the rewards for blocking.
Take into account the value of 8 seconds / MB. well, I have another way if you want your transaction to be very cheap. Such as swapping it into a doge and there you will get a cheap fee.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:24:36 PM

I noticed this problem this morning as I tried to use Etherdelta and i thought it was a network issues. This is real bad and I really need to do this transaction. Some one should help the fees are getting to the roofs again.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

Seems we're hitting a similar scaling situation that happened to BTCBTCBTC few months back. Hope this resolves quickly.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

BTC and ETH have the same issues slow tx speeds makes the fees higher,if this cant be resolve by these two new coins will dominate in the future.

cryptoblazter

Activity: 421

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:28:08 PM

Maybe it is because bitcoin get higher or Ethereum gets higher. Which the gas gain very expensive, Which is the main reason why I cannot withdraw my balance on ED because my eth balance is not enough. So I am oblige to adjust my gas to make my transaction will be finish.  

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 08:02:13 PM

BTC and ETH have the same issues slow tx speeds makes the fees higher,if this cant be resolve by these two new coins will dominate in the future.

Umm. Not slow TX speed but I would say fast TX speed in eth network as the main cause. When there is lot of transactions in network, miners can either increase the gas limit or can increase the Gwei(gas price).

Difference between the both is that by increasing the gas limit they would start confirming more transaction irrespective of state of gas price of a TX. However in case of increasing the gas price ,miner will confirm TX with recommended fees and higher and will leave those with low fees which is happening here.
Mary_Swift

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:24:08 PM

it's also related to the regent recent uprise in ETH price. Due to that many people are tradding ETH, and trading volume is increasing and so the blockchain gets congested. But with time it'll come back to normal
Are you sure that with time it'll come back to normal? Is it possible that the situation will stabilize but the price will remain unchanged?
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:26:42 PM

i am so sad that bitcoin's problem happen in ethereum again . let see how VK can solve this problem

but actually the price of ethereum is moving up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: