Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:38:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon!  (Read 90776 times)
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:31:08 PM

Looks like there is some logic behind the recent PayCoin madness.

GAWminers is launching a new coin with the biggest ICO ever and this coin will be called PayCoin.

Would you want to launch such a massive project and have a competing coin with the same name get in the way?

So I think GAWminers is the one buying up all the PayCoin now to retire it, kill it or to buy out all the investors and maybe merge it with their coin so there is only 1 PayCoin.

It could be speculation but I doubt it cause no speculator would pay 15 times the currency market price.

Like I said last year, buy coins with great names and make a killing when they're taken over.

Cheers!

I think people are buying the coin thinking it's the GAW coin. Kinda ridiculous.

I think it is ridiculous too from GAWminers to choose a existing and older coin !

When futhermore a takeover occurs, price could skyrocket. Look at bytecoin or bitcoin scrypt, or nTx or even the false maidsafe on Counterparty.
This coin has a great future now, without having almost nothing to do...
GAWminers will struggle with Paycoin, the original.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:45:29 PM

GAWminers is launching a new coin with the biggest ICO ever and this coin will be called PayCoin.

Would you want to launch such a massive project and have a competing coin with the same name get in the way?

So I think GAWminers is the one buying up all the PayCoin now to retire it, kill it or to buy out all the investors and maybe merge it with their coin so there is only 1 PayCoin.

It could be speculation but I doubt it cause no speculator would pay 15 times the currency market price.

Like I said last year, buy coins with great names and make a killing when they're taken over.

Cheers!

I think people are buying the coin thinking it's the GAW coin. Kinda ridiculous.

I think it is ridiculous too from GAWminers to choose a existing and older coin !

When futhermore a takeover occurs, price could skyrocket. Look at bytecoin or bitcoin scrypt, or nTx or even the false maidsafe on Counterparty.

They bought the right to use the name paycoin. They will not struggle and if something is ridiculous here, its your post.
Such lack of research....

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Spratan

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:51:36 PM

Paycoin could be backed up by bitcoin :

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/scotcoin-migrates-altcoin-counterparty-digital-asset/.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Is this a joke, there is nothing in that article about paycoin.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Spratan

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:35:18 AM

Is this a joke, there is nothing in that article about paycoin.

Sorry, I mean the dev could do the same.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:18:52 PM

This isn´t gaw miners  "Paycoin".
Read whitepaper : https://c91475e716c8925e05c6-d2659d433205cf4410415f8dd63807af.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/Paycoin_Whitepaper.pdf

There is coin specification and it doesn´t fit.   Kiss

price crash.... Grin
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:55:36 AM

GAW trademarked the name and own the .COM domain they will probably send a Cease and Desist order from there legal team. All You have to do is rename you coin to something else. 
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:05:35 AM

GAW trademarked the name and own the .COM domain they will probably send a Cease and Desist order from there legal team. All You have to do is rename you coin to something else. 

Wrong.  PayCoin the alt coin is pre-existing and cannot be stopped by someone who comes around after them with the same idea.

Their best and cheapest chance is to buy up all the PayCoins and take it over and then shut it down or merge it with their coin.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:11:36 AM

yep GAW is on it and they have big $.

fun fact: EXCL was going to be named PayCoin but i knew PayCoin exist so skipped that.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:21:51 AM

GAWminer cannot touch PayCoin, they have to buy them out.

Read it and weep:

Prior art or background art, in most systems of patent law [or trademarks] constitutes all information that has been made available to the public in any form before a given date that might be relevant to a patent's claims of originality. If an invention has been described in the prior art, a patent on that invention is NOT valid.

GAWminers, you can have my PayCoins at 377,777 Satoshi.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 06:49:53 PM

Yes, but was the original Paycoin ever trademarked or patented???

That's why it's called art.  Prior art.  It doesn't need to be patented or trademarked.

But reading up a little on Gawminers and their CEO, Josh Garzic, it seems like the guy is another bullshitting scammer, a la Butterfly labs.  I'm seeing a lot of people on reddit claiming they have been completely ripped off by this guy.

That said, this guy would be capable of trying to do something underhanded or illegal so it should be fun to watch.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:34:43 PM

Oh my...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Spratan

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:57:50 PM

Cheers!

They bought the right to use the name paycoin. They will not struggle and if something is ridiculous here, its your post.
Such lack of research....

Why such denial ?
It is rather dishonnest or unsensible to build a business with the name of someone else in the exact same Industry.
It is the most straightforward way to be sued in 2 years when flourishing ! Any lawyer would basically recommend not to use another's name in the same industry. They can't say they didn't know...First thing you do when you have a name idea is to check google. This coin and thread is the first result in Google and every search engine...

As others said, it is not because you buy all the names available in earth that you "buy a right to use a name"? The context and anteriority are decisive. It won't have any effect to patent "Bitcoin" in most developed countries of the world now.
Anyway, I emphasized the spirit, not the legal affair.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:00:23 AM

CEO seems dishonest. Has plenty of detractors, many complaints all over here and reddit. My guess is he wants to confuse potential suckers into buying his failcoin, take the money, then run and hide before the walls come tumbling down.
Beware this scam.
newdev12

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

where do i get a wallet for this coin?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 08:36:57 PM

CEO seems dishonest. Has plenty of detractors, many complaints all over here and reddit. My guess is he wants to confuse potential suckers into buying his failcoin, take the money, then run and hide before the walls come tumbling down.
Beware this scam.

The more I read about GAWminers CEO the more I think he's an outright thief and conman.  I read his name is not even Josh, it's Homeros Garza.  Fake name just like the Moolah scammer?

So it's not surprising such a loser would steal the name of a pre-existing coin, like. PayCoin.

These guys will all end up in prison once retroactive laws are made for the crypto industry.

newdev12

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:49:51 PM

the best thing what could happen would be to get this back up and rolling, what is going on with this coin at the moment, so its on cryptsy being traded, what else. I would like to see this original paycoin instead of a GAW copy cat.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:22:35 PM

the best thing what could happen would be to get this back up and rolling, what is going on with this coin at the moment, so its on cryptsy being traded, what else. I would like to see this original paycoin instead of a GAW copy cat.

Without money and a competent dev not much can be done.

Maybe someone whale who hates the scammer homeros garza will buy up a ton of PayCoin just to put up a fight and stop him from launching his stolen coin.  That's the best chance for PayCoin other than maybe attracting a good dev given everyone will know the name PayCoin soon.

nielsg

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:27:14 PM

Someone please post alternative download for Paycoin101-QT.zip

I want this to fuck with GAW so badly... Someone has to have a copy... PM me with it...
albysprx

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:30:32 PM

please reupload the wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: